• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

losing is okay too. sometimes.

Losing teaches lessons better than winning, to be honest.

Definitely. It's just that I have no problem with winning a bunch of games when someone wants to pick these random items for a random champ and still win. And if we lose, it could be something small like, oh we lost because of the dumb build or something bigger like, oh we lost because we had no teamwork. Either way, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. I learn from both. I'll take what worked/didnt work, and then apply it for my future games.

Ez I can understand...but I'm not feeling it with trist. Mid laners should have strong mid game presence, and ADC trist just doesn't have that.

You'd need someone with a good poke, right? How would Varus do?

Burning Bush Zyra. Blech. I knew Lizard was such an awful idea for her but hey I got her in ARAM so why not? I got it on her in the middle of the game, true damage does crap, sold for Void Staff on fairly quickly.

Kog was AP, Panth and Lee were bruiser, Nunu was AP with some beef.

0PIFUUn.jpg

JesseZao

Had a D5 last pick troll in a ranked solo gold game lobby yesterday. Basically he calls top or feed and doesn't shut up during champ select about it. Name was The Riven King and he plays riven (obv) or Zed and over half the games are Yi dunk builds. Thankfully, somebody on our team wasn't in a promo and dodged. Edit: Looks like whoever got him next got trolled by his feeding, so thank you random dodger.

The sooner they figure out a solution for pre-game lobby trolling the better.

It should be something limited to clear chat trolling or failure to communicate role/plan and auto-locking draven support or something. Maybe have a warning that false reporting will drop divisions and require 4 votes or 3 if they're duo. Probably room for abuse still, but if the scope is limited to clear proof of the chat window, I think it could work. If somebody pulls a cheese build during the game by going AP Riven, then you can just report at game end.

Boken

Banned
ya know, i was thinkin.... indestructable terrain is a pretty big thing in lol

we should have more mechanics which play off that.

right now we have:
-wall pins
-wall pulls

what about the:
-wall trickshots
-flipping off walls
-walls as resource mechanic
-wall skillshots
-walls as buff zone mechanic

His only problem mid is lack of a reliable escape.
ya, but not all mids need escapes (MM mids do because they push)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
next champion is tony hawk. grind around the dragon pit then kick flip smite to steal.

Newt

Yeah, but the strongest mids do, or they have a strong CC to counteract their lack of escapes. The only mid I can think of that doesn't have either of these is like Mordekaiser.

JesseZao

ya know, i was thinkin.... indestructable terrain is a pretty big thing in lol

we should have more mechanics which play off that.

right now we have:
-wall pins
-wall pulls

what about the:
-wall trickshots
-flipping off walls
-walls as resource mechanic
-wall skillshots
-walls as buff zone mechanic

How 'bout...a Will O' The Wisp that spends the majority of time "in" the terrain a la the WCIII units.

Could be a jungler or support.

Passive: Can move through/along terrain and has increased movement speed and gold gain while doing so. Very vulnerable when moving on normal map paths due to low base stats.

Q: Summons 3 treants to fight for limited time. [Primary damage as auto's are weak a la karthus]

W: Create energy barrier between two points of terrain [passive applies to this wall]. Fired from your location in terrain as a pulse towards target end point. Pushes back enemies hit and stuns for short duration.

E: Create energy source that is attached to terrain and reveals area for short duration. Allies standing in vision zone receive increased regen

R: Electric discharge between yourself and created energy sources. Also, enemy champions killed while active have their souls become an additional energy source that will pulse magic damage between all other nearby sources. If you die while ulting and there is another source from a soul nearby, your soul will attempt to reach that source and revive upon contact.

garath

Okay, I got a code from their FB. Guess I'll try it out later tonight.

I ended up getting one too. I don't know if I'll even install it. Was pretty funny watching coL spank the Turbine guys though.

I really hope coL gets back into the LCS next season. It's really unfortunate that they had to play c9 for their relegation tourny. I think they would have spanked Velocity.

JesseZao

I really hope coL gets back into the LCS next season. It's really unfortunate that they had to play c9 for their relegation tourny. I think they would have spanked Velocity.

They need to revamp the LCS system imo. They need a "minor" league and a more fluid interaction with the lower teams. Maybe have four minor teams and have multiple opportunities to play LCS teams and possibly take their spot during the season. As it stands, the bottom team can just "coast" and reap the rewards of being in LCS. Having a more fluid transition during the season would make sure the best teams are always in LCS.

JesseZao

(pun intended)

What I'm trying to say here is that I don't want the dirt-bottom-feeders to just gg-unlimited the season and collect that check while napping. I want to see some value of magnitude and some progressive direction to the esport's growth. To do that we need a healthy non-LCS scene that interacts directly with LCS (i.e. a minor league sponsored by Riot).

Subtle

Natalie.png

This is Diana. I made her catchphrase "Lunari!" :D

Also duoing with my Silver 5 buddy who has Bronze 5 MMR is quite the adventure.

garath

So glad I started playing ranked again. 95lp now two losses in.. going for a third.

Second time master Yi took jungle from me and another guy that asked for jungle. I support to give last pick Mid and he goes Warwick.

The Yi jungle is on his 7th loss in a row too. All as shaco. Wheee.

I doomed :(

edit : omg I won..

Team bickered the entire time. Warwick almost afk'd cause Yi took the blue over and over. Got ganked early, lost T1 turrets all over the place but kept making calls and stuck with the nutty vayne. I did more damage than the Warwick though lol. Amazing. They finally started listening near the end. Oracles + wards = win the game. Uncontested barons and turrets.

garath

got 99lp but a promo aint one.

:(

Maybe I should stick with support. Another Sona win. involved in 17 of our team's 20 kills. lol

Subtle

You know what's really annoying? How you need to participate in 20 kills for the Three Sisters Quest to appear. I've never seen it and I play Ashe a ton /:

EDIT: HEY Does this game have a credit sequence? When does it come out?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You know what's really annoying? How you need to participate in 20 kills for the Three Sisters Quest to appear. I've never seen it and I play Ashe a ton /:

EDIT: HEY Does this game have a credit sequence? When does it come out?
never seen it either. sucks. nobody plays ice people though.

Boken

Banned
you guys are so ranked negative

so heres my ranked story

i was sucking

our bot lane got a double kill to start the game off. they were 2-0. i thought yes! this will be an easy game. then later, vayne and twitch swapped kills on their respective supports. all good i thought. then twitch dies. later, a vayne double kill. then another vayne double kill. 2-6 bot.

i was 0-3 during this because i got ganked, and then later i thought i could all in the kayle as zed (her E went off, i thought she wouldnt get it up in a bit - she had cdr items - always check dem items guys!). then i died later trying to gank vayne and nami bot after they dove my bot lane instead of helping my jungler steal.

our gp top gave shen fb because he was overly aggressive against an elise jungler. then shen kills him solo later and pushes the lane. next time, shen takes the tower as gp ganks middle. not worth it i thought.

then there were fights where we were retreating and our zac just slingshots in and dies. vayne was 9-2 at some point. they push our t3 take it and i suicide, killing their support karma. the karma calls me a shit mid laner.

not once did anybody rage, or say anything negative. we just played the game, let them take t2 towers, sometimes caught somebody out. let them have baron. but somehow, the enemy started playing sloppy. we caught them out multiple times in a row because shen wanted to constantly split push against us and his team didnt want/didnt have the coordination to engage with elise/shen combo. our support bought a million wards. she just had a locket and a sightstone at 35 minutes. with the vision we caught them out again. we took middle tower, we took baron, we took the game.

everybody sucked in a way that game. but we won because we werent negative.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
But but but Boken. Everyone in the game must know that my jungler sucks and that my 0-3-0 score is not due to my incompetence but due to the enemy jungler constantly camping me.

In all seriousness, playing for late game and getting smart picks when the enemy team gets overconfident is the savior of many games.

Edwardo

About to get down on some ranked. Hopefully I'll have some great stories in the morning.

Edit: nvm.. apparently everyone likes to log in for normals at 12:30am...

Subtle

To add to the ranked positivity, I finally got to Silver 3 :D Whoohoo. Hopefully Gold isn't too far away! I want that yellow border.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
To add to the ranked positivity, I finally got to Silver 3 :D Whoohoo. Hopefully Gold isn't too far away! I want that yellow border.

Getting past Silver 1 promotion is probably one the most difficult/frustrating things in the game.

Blizzard

Banned
For what it's worth, it's not always "looking for someone to blame." Building incorrectly does tend to lead to dying more/not killing fast enough/etc. so it's not exactly an irrelevant detail.
I didn't say it's "always", or that it's an irrelevant detail. I just said "or", which means "sometimes", right? :p And people criticizing a build does not mean that the build is "incorrect". I don't think anyone here will argue that some builds help more than others. I was just making an observation about player psychology.

scy

Like, nothing in my post was even really trying to put words in your mouth or anything. Just expanding on the point brought up. Just noting that that sometimes criticism is just that, criticism. Nothing more, nothing less.

Blizzard

Banned
Like, nothing in my post was even really trying to put words in your mouth or anything. Just expanding on the point brought up. Just noting that that sometimes criticism is just that, criticism. Nothing more, nothing less.
It just seemed odd given that I thought the subject was abuse in particular ("this sort of abuse"), as in people blaming others or saying the game is over, Gangplank has a noob build omg report, not people who legitimately make build suggestions.

Sometimes, there probably are legitimate suggestions or criticism, though I feel like this is ultra rare. Similarly, "helpful" teamwork honor and ribbons seem ultra rare. I'm not sure if this is more a matter of it being difficult to help since most people know basic gameplay mechanics, or because even if someone does offer good advice, people (like me) often feel they know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom