• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
kennen is totally fine

You could've bought BorK instead of Zephyr.

---

Just got home from the local LoL convention. The venue was already way bigger than last year, but there's still too many people. I heard there were already campers around 1am. I'm very thankful I had backstage access so I didn't have to fall in line. There were at least more than 10,000 attendees.

I'll get back when I get the cosplay pics. There was a really hot Cait; probably the hottest Cait I've ever seen. I saw a really amazing and fully functional Monarch Kog. There was a Mecha Khazix who had helpers attach his evolutions throughout the presentation. There were like a million Vis. I didn't know she was that popular here.

I can't take that Cait off my mind. I don't feel bad about not getting my hands on any merch.

still waiting on pics

wolf are you still alive

Saprol

Elaborate? My friend has been playing a lot of fucking GP lately and I think he'd like to get on to this.
Stealing Asian builds is the best. Blue Ez is fun too. http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=58202-coffeesoldier-gangplank-build-guide

iT26JavUX6gTX.PNG
More scrub silver league testimony. Get outfarmed by Renekton and then go get a quadra kill into two towers and an inhibitor. Does GP even out-muscle anybody during lane phase? Level 1 Q and autos bounce off people.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
More scrub silver league testimony. Get outfarmed by Renekton and then go get a quadra kill into two towers and an inhibitor. Does GP even out-muscle anybody during lane phase? Level 1 Q and autos bounce off people.
Trynd. Wukong. Temmo. Shen. Malphite. Cho. Kha6. Fiora. Some others can be situationally favorable. I don't think Rene is that bad of a matchup for him. GP does well even in losing lanes because he can farm from a distance and does well under turret.
I want to know the secret.
WeeJwOW.jpg

still waiting on pics

wolf are you still alive

sup

The rest, but doesn't have everything. Teeven brought a mushroom.

I can't find good pics for Classic Cait. Here's the only photo I found.

It's BS that Nurse Akali even got 3rd place. It wasn't even that impressive. It only got a fair amount of audience impact because there was an emphasis on cleavage during her presentation. Other participants had way more audience impact for various reasons.

Boken

Banned
sup

The rest, but doesn't have everything. Teeven brought a mushroom.

I can't find good pics for Classic Cait. Here's the only photo I found.

It's BS that Nurse Akali even got 3rd place. It wasn't even that impressive. It only got a fair amount of audience impact because there was an emphasis on cleavage during her presentation. Other participants had way more audience impact for various reasons.
nurse akali isnt even a real cosplay costume

how good is this tho
sfDPfFH.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Are we ready for the GAF best Fiora 1v1 tournament yet?

Alternately, and more affordably, let's do a Best Gangplank 1v1 tournament.

Subtle

Demoted and got reported for negative attitude. Deserved tbh.

And hey, some dude in game just asked us if we wanted to buy an elo boost. Who would pay to get put in a better elo?

Newt

Are we ready for the GAF best Fiora 1v1 tournament yet?

Alternately, and more affordably, let's do a Best Gangplank 1v1 tournament.
No, it will forever be known as the "I've been waiting for Lucian too long so f*** it, I'm buying Fiora tourney".

Edwardo

Better do it now while she's still free! (Someday I'll buy her...)

True!

The problem is I keep buying champs and always want to play the ones I buy instead of the free ones. Maybe I'll give her a try later tonight. I just got on and want to get some ranked in.

So I was reading something that morello said about their champion release schedule, and he mentioned that they've reallocated a lot of their resources to reworks, which is why champions have really slowed down, and it got me thinking: Would you guys rather have reworks or new champs?

I honestly wouldn't be all that upset if they shut down new champs altogether for a little bit and really cranked out reworks and VUs on old champions. But then again, I say this as someone who doesn't have experience with a vast majority of champions in the game, so things aren't stale for me yet.

Blizzard

Banned
There are so many champions, and I own so few (only like 40-80 or something), that I would probably be fine with no new champions for quite a while.

Newt

So I was reading something that morello said about their champion release schedule, and he mentioned that they've reallocated a lot of their resources to reworks, which is why champions have really slowed down, and it got me thinking: Would you guys rather have reworks or new champs?

I honestly wouldn't be all that upset if they shut down new champs altogether for a little bit and really cranked out reworks and VUs on old champions. But then again, I say this as someone who doesn't have experience with a vast majority of champions in the game, so things aren't stale for me yet.
Reworks for sure. I wanna be able to play Sivir.

There are so many champions, and I own so few (only like 40-80 or something), that I would probably be fine with no new champions for quite a while.

Reworks for sure. I wanna be able to play Sivir.

Exactly. You get one new champ, play him for a little, and then he's old hat. I think it's far more important at this stage of the game to bring the older champions up to date both visually and gameplay-wise.

Casanova

Any tips on how to play Zac jungle?

I bought Zac and I've waited until I hit level 20 so that I could buy tier 3 runes. Unfortunately, I go into a game wanting to jungle with him and I go for the wolves first and kill them, but my health and power are so low that I cannot kill the blue buff at all. I've watched videos and I follow the same build and everything but I still can't kill them at early levels, like they do so easily it seems. I know I will be great at ganking if I could ever get better at killing jungle monsters.

Should i be going for wolves first then blue buff?

Any other tips on how to play jungle Zac and being able to kill the monsters early game? I can kill them easily at about 5 levels or so but nothing before that..

I currently have 6 greater mark of magic penetration runes, and I'm saving up for armor and movement speed. Sound O.K. as far as runes go?

Boken

Banned

I bought Zac and I've waited until I hit level 20 so that I could buy tier 3 runes. Unfortunately, I go into a game wanting to jungle with him and I go for the wolves first and kill them, but my health and power are so low that I cannot kill the blue buff at all. I've watched videos and I follow the same build and everything but I still can't kill them at early levels, like they do so easily it seems. I know I will be great at ganking if I could ever get better at killing jungle monsters.

Any other tips on how to play jungle Zac and being able to kill the monsters early game? I can kill them easily at about 5 levels or so but nothing before that..

I currently have 6 greater mark of magic penetration runes, and I'm saving up for armor and movement speed. Sound O.K. as far as runes go?
you have to do blue buff first now, ask your laners nicely to help you

videos are all outdated

(armor runes are quite important for jungling)

Exactly. You get one new champ, play him for a little, and then he's old hat. I think it's far more important at this stage of the game to bring the older champions up to date both visually and gameplay-wise.

the day they rework WW is the day the champion roster is up to date

has to be the most boring champion in the game

Type2

You'll need those armor runes to clear the jungle and definitely some assistance from your team. Start hunters machete+5 pots and skill up W first. Usually you would just start blue or red with assistance from 2 or more people on your team and not smite until youre at your second buff. Without runes I recommend starting blue/red with smite and team help and then clearing the jungle until your smite is almost up.

Newt

No, rush blue buff first and don't do it alone. Depending on your side you should have your teammates helping you. You can also rush red buff because Zac is a manaless champion.

Boken

Banned
I'd rather see fewer, well thought out, characters like Thresh over loltankydeeps.

over the last year we've gotten 1 loltankydeepz champion (Zac)

regular bruisers are highly unfavourable right now competitively too

archi pls

lissandra is fun tho
i should get back to playing some puck amirite

I'd be happy with Sivir if they raised her range to 525, buff the mana a bit and remove the cast time on her ult. I play her solo top, and she's hands down my most favorite champion in ARAM.

Boken

Banned
I'd be happy with Sivir if they raised her range to 525, buff the mana a bit and remove the cast time on her ult. I play her solo top, and she's hands down my most favorite champion in ARAM.
that caitlyn looks like a pretty chinese girl

you should just move to china, wolf.

---

my wish for sivir is that theyd move her more into a special niche to make MM more varied

perhaps make her an MM that focuses on buffing carries

or move her towards more AOE damage, sacrificing single target damage

Blizzard

Banned
that caitlyn looks like a pretty chinese girl

you should just move to china, wolf.

---

my wish for sivir is that theyd move her more into a special niche to make MM more varied

perhaps make her an MM that focuses on buffing carries

or move her towards more AOE damage, sacrificing single target damage
I liked when no one played Sivir, and Riot is like "Don't worry, we're taking away the ability to have constantly bouncing blades, and instead you will have to press a button to do it!" And it didn't seem to help much.

What is MM?

Boken

Banned
oh i meant, in competitive late game sivir was a beast before the rework

after rework, lane sivir was pretty baller but her late game was pretty sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom