• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
^

Sivir was so god damn broken after she was remade.

It was almost impossible to lose laning phase with her.
What changed then? Why was she so good despite the short range and high mana usage (aside from burning mana for Q or attempted bounces)? Or was that nerfed after the rework?

I would be happy for an opportunity to use Tron Sivir again. But her boomerang needs to be a disk!

Boken

Banned
What changed then? Why was she so good despite the short range and high mana usage (aside from burning mana for Q or attempted bounces)? Or was that nerfed after the rework?

I would be happy for an opportunity to use Tron Sivir again. But her boomerang needs to be a disk!

draven, twitch, ezreal etc happened.

maybe in the rework they'll make her bouncing blade a chakram

(nah)

my wish for sivir is that theyd move her more into a special niche to make MM more varied

perhaps make her an MM that focuses on buffing carries

or move her towards more AOE damage, sacrificing single target damage

I want her to be a mobile AoE ADC. Making her passive proc on everything (including bounces) was a step in the right direction. Maybe reduce the damage falloff of the bounce a bit.

that caitlyn looks like a pretty chinese girl

you should just move to china, wolf

no thanks, too much smog

cait is here anyway
cait___rampage_by_luciflux-d6hmw3x.jpg

Ferga

Biggest thing was you could reset auto attacks with W. You could kill anything at level 2 if you knew how to control her Q.

Biggest thing was you could reset auto attacks with W. You could kill anything at level 2 if you knew how to control her Q.
You can still reset AAs with W. Wasn't the biggest change W not being a toggle anymore?

And yeah, maxing W first on Sivir is fine unless your opponent makes it too easy to land Q twice. Far less mana cost, good trades, helps with duels and pushing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Damn the TI3 thread got a significant amount of posts compared to the lcs thread Oo
this board is doter country. valve has also gotten players to be invested in tournament games through their item system, regardless of the quality of the matches.
I don't think the LCS is on the same caliber as the world championship.
there is a zero percent chance that worlds for league will have a thread the size of ti3's.

Boken

Banned
yeah, the LoL WC thread wont be bigger, but viewers probably will be much bigger, so eh *shrug*

I'm aware of that. Just wanted to go through the thread and find vods. Impossible.

the channel will upload them in an hour usually. and theres always the client itself. last game was basically sk v fnatic base race levels of decision making

bjaelke

Executives at American Express say they think they may have found a way around that by becoming part of a digital game experience. On Wednesday, the company is to announce a sponsorship program that takes aim at the millions of people who play the online video game League of Legends by Riot Games.

The centerpiece of the partnership is a line of prepaid debit cards that are illustrated with images and characters from the game and that allow cardholders to get so-called Riot Points that can be used to buy characters and other extras in the game.

Users receive 1,000 points when they sign up for the card and an additional 1,000 points after loading $20 onto the card. Additional points can be earned for the first 10 purchases made with the card, and 10,000 points are awarded the first time a card is linked to a direct deposit account.

Additional points can be earned for every dollar spent after that. The card requires no credit check, activation fee or minimum balance. Instead, like most prepaid cards, it is loaded with a cardholder’s own money and used in lieu of cash to make purchases.
wtzgU.gif

Boken

Banned
GAME news.

LB to get buffs, Galio to get changes - next PBE patch

It's very likely Heimer's gameplay changes will come out well before he gets a visual upgrade. Xypherous has some kit changes that have been testing well in playtests and there are other champions we feel need the visual upgrade first, particularly since in Heimer's case some goofiness adds to his charm.
http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtra...ng-suspicion-that-heimerdinger-is-the-next-vu

Re: reworks
Sivir is coming up, not next tho, we had one started that'll be ready for primetime before Sivir. I'm super excited about this champ!
rework team is like, 1 lead, 2 animators, 1 artist, 1 something. pretty small and hence why its a little slow.

Census
lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]

rakhir

Yey, Fiora fans! We'll probably get a bug fix/slight rework of her ulti, and possibly other skills!

It came from this, rather interesting, topic on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1k5yje/fioras_r_is_hideously_broken/
There they mention a lot of things i didn't noticed before - her ulti brakes by everything, her dash not autoattacking on the target and so forth.
But suddenly riot!

RiotVolty said:
I agree, Blade Waltz is in need of a rework to make it less sensitive to invulnerable/untargetable/invisible effects than it currently is. I'm going to make this a priority.

She could be less bad!

Subtle

So I was duoing with a good friend of mine who just so happens to be female. She's a good player, she just needs a little practice since she mainly plays against bots. Anyway, in champ select it was noted that she was a woman. After a game of overly kind comments from a couple of team members, our Jarvan told us something as our nexus was falling that I just felt like sharing:

"I'm not sexist, but girls can't play this game"

I feel bad for all girl gamers who put up with stuff like this and the awkward ATTEMPTS at flirting that accompanies it. My feels go out to you guys!

Edit: also looking at that Caitlyn, we need more female Asian champs. Much more.

dimb

whenever i tell people on league i am a boy like four girls in all chat start to hit on me. it is really getting to be pretty annoying.

Boken

Banned
So I was duoing with a good friend of mine who just so happens to be female. She's a good player, she just needs a little practice since she mainly plays against bots. Anyway, in champ select it was noted that she was a woman. After a game of overly kind comments from a couple of team members, our Jarvan told us something as our nexus was falling that I just felt like sharing:

I feel bad for all girl gamers who put up with stuff like this and the awkward ATTEMPTS at flirting that accompanies it. My feels go out to you guys!

Edit: also looking at that Caitlyn, we need more female Asian champs. Much more.
is your friend pretty

that caitlyn barely looks asian

I'm trying to get my girlfriend into league, and sometimes (most of the time?) the community scares me away from it, especially since her usual username for stuff like this includes her name.

Yeah, thinking about, a lot of ADCs are actually great in ARAM.

Sivir is god-tier. I also enjoy building Graves more as an AoE damage dealer (Zerk, Hurricane, LW, BC, 2x Sanguine) when we have another proper ADC.

bjaelke

Yeah marksmen can be god tier if given the proper protection. Our team got melted the instant they jumped on us and our only engage was flash ulti from Annie or kennen.

Sivir's kit just sucks. It fits very limited team comps and her AA/kiting passive and shield add up to jack shit when you're so squishy a bruiser or assassin can just two-shot you.

I play with another games writer who's female, has her name in her summoner name and doesn't get any shit for it. Kinda surprised that she doesn't, which is a pretty depressing view to have on the community when I think about it.

I was watching the GGLA challenger tournament yesterday and had to turn off the Twitch chat out of disgust (even quicker than I usually do). YuNo, Crs Academy's support is female and gets tonnes of shit in Twitch chat for it. Doesn't help that she's pretty good looking, so she gets shit for being female and perved on too.

-------------------------------------------------

In good news, Fiora's ult is going to be fixed! Good guy Volty. :D

Also I got Woad King Darius for 682 RP. Flexible pricing bundles OP. \o/

dimb

i saw this and thought it was interesting:
Lyte said:
Mathematically, Elo/MMR Hell doesn't exist. We've done analyses over millions of players and players tend to always reach their 'true MMR' after about 150 games of Ranked; however, for a small number of players it may take up to 1000 games to reach their 'true MMR'--this is part of the problem and something we are trying to fix. Rioters like RiotSocrates are continuously working on the matchmaking algorithms to place players into the appropriate tiers even faster so that no players have to play up to 1000 games to reach their true MMR.

The second problem with Elo/MMR Hell is that we're dealing with a lot of cognitive biases. We once did a study that suggested that the average player believes their true MMR is 150 MMR higher than their current rating; it reminded me of a study I read where they surveyed an office and the average employee rated their performance as 'above average,' which is also statistically impossible.

garath

Wait what

put 20$ on the card, spend that 20$ on RP

and get ~40$ worth of RP??

why wouldnt you.

kinda weird and random, but i'll get one for the novelty factor! + if it has good art

edit: o nvm, those are like frequent flyer points and not RP. apparently 10k points is 975 RP. eh. AMEX sucks in australia anyway

article link for the curious: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/b...game.html?smid=tw-nytimestech&seid=auto&_r=1&

That's actually kind of cool. Points that I would actually use lol.

It's not bad having a pre-paid card exclusively for "one time" online purchases. The credit card offers a lot of protection but nothing is better than a card that has only that amount of money on it.

Yey, Fiora fans! We'll probably get a bug fix/slight rework of her ulti, and possibly other skills!

It came from this, rather interesting, topic on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1k5yje/fioras_r_is_hideously_broken/
There they mention a lot of things i didn't noticed before - her ulti brakes by everything, her dash not autoattacking on the target and so forth.
But suddenly riot!

She could be less bad!

I watch a lot of streams and I've been seeing a ton of Fioras lately in diamond/challenger games. She's making some sort of comeback.

edit: Also seeing a lot more Vi, esp in Europe. Could she be making a comeback too?

Leezard

i saw this and thought it was interesting:

Most people "stuck" in Elo/MMR hell won't really believe it, unfortunately. They're too focused on "lol nothing but trolls and feeders and AFKs" for "all of their games."

Definitely. Lyte is right on the money, but the cognitive bias typically won't allow people to see it. If only people would focus on their own mistakes instead of others', they would see their mmr rise.

dimb

Most people "stuck" in Elo/MMR hell won't really believe it, unfortunately. They're too focused on "lol nothing but trolls and feeders and AFKs" for "all of their games."
I'm more interested in the number of games it takes people to find their true MMR. And the fact that people tend to think they are better than where they are currently placed, though I guess that's kind of necessary to keep people playing.

scy

I'm more interested in the number of games it takes people to find their true MMR. And the fact that people tend to think they are better than where they are currently placed, though I guess that's kind of necessary to keep people playing.

100-150 was kind of the expected I thought? ~1000 seems weird to me and I'm kind of curious on the numbers for that.

And the latter is human behavior :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom