• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
What do you mean by "true" MMR? Can't your MMR go up when you play more/get more experience?
I think what Riot was referring to is the theoretical "correct" rating for a player, where if they don't improve or deprove their skills any further, they will win like 50% of their matches at that point.

It's kind of depressing when you think about it, even if you're winning to begin with, Riot is just trying to make you lose more!

At any rate, I think what they are saying is that some people keep winning and keep improving, but it can take forever in some (apparently rare) cases. Take the person earlier who mentioned something like 11/12 games in a row with an AFK on their team. Or take Rex who played like 150 games just to get past some Tier 1 division, but is apparently still climbing and presumably still hasn't reached their True Rex Final Destination MMR. So their overall required games might be like 400!

garath

I'm about 60 games into ranked. I'm still swinging pretty hard. Any sort of streak is shooting me up and down fast. I've been as low as 50lp in Silver II and as high as 95 lp in Silver I. Ironically I think I'm pretty close to my proper MMR at Silver I. Maybe I'm a gold player but I don't know. I have some consistency issues. I've laned against high Plat and Diamond players in normals and I am certainly not Plat or Diamond yet. Smushed.

Guess we'll find out where I'm at in another 60 games or so.

Oh man ARAM. I got Fiddle, someone had Galio who rushed Abyssal. Right when I ult blinked, Galio Flash ults. Instant Quadra. Blood was everywhere. Enemy didn't buy MR so I was dealing true damage.

Edwardo

Champion and skin sale: 8.13 - 8.16

2013.08.13.articlebanner.champskinsale.jpg

Give your champions a new look with these skins, on sale for a limited time:

Sultan Tryndamere 487 RP
Reverse Annie 487 RP
Black Belt Udyr 260 RP

Add these champions to your roster, on sale for a limited time:

Volibear 487 RP
Riven 440 RP
Kassadin 395 RP

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/champion-and-skin-sale-813-816

--

I used to play Annie alot, so I might get reverse and bring her out of retirement. Probably going to buy Riven too. I've been playing alot of top lately. I'm considering getting that Trynd skin too..

garath

More about that Amex card.

According to the Amex site, the points directly correlate to RP. That's pretty hot.

http://about.americanexpress.com/news/pr/2013/amex-prepaid-partner-league-of-legends.aspx

+1,000 RP with complete registration -- no credit check, no activation fee, no minimum balance
+1,000 RP the first time you load $20 to your Account
+10,000 RP the first time you use Direct Deposit to add $20 or more to your Account
+1,000 RP for your first 10 purchases with your Card

rakhir

I used to play Annie alot, so I might get reverse and bring her out of retirement. Probably going to buy Riven too. I've been playing alot of top lately. I'm considering getting that Trynd skin too..
I will buy Reverse Annie too and probably not use it much - not because i'm not playing her a lot (I'm picking Annie most of the times i'm mid) but because i've already got Panda Annie, which is one of the greatest (if not The Greatest) skins currently in LoL.

Edwardo

I will buy Reverse Annie too and probably not use it much - not because i'm not playing her a lot (I'm picking Annie most of the times i'm mid) but because i've already got Panda Annie, which is one of the greatest (if not The Greatest) skins currently in LoL.

Yea, Panda Annie is really nice.

That trynd skin looks hilarious in the splash.

I've been waiting for a Trynd skin to go on sale. He's my favorite top and jungle. I kind of just want to buy Demonblade though.

Reverse Annie is cool, but I think her best skin is Frostfire. Love them blue fireballs.

Anyways, I'm kinda tempted to get one of those Amex cards, but Amex isn't all that common here in Canada. Probably easier just to keep buying RP whenever I feel the itch.

drawkcaB

Guess he just wanted to troll you. Or he had a bad game. Win rate is 69.2%

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/22157323#history

And it's not like Brand is a bad match-up. I would think an immobile mid would work in Fiora's favour. What I do however see is a support Ryze and and Ashe that had trouble, likely because of support Ryze. I imagine Sejuani concentrated her ganks mid and mostly bot lane because, again, of support Ryze.

And it's not like Brand is a bad match-up. I would think an immobile mid would work in Fiora's favour. What I do however see is a support Ryze and and Ashe that had trouble, likely because of support Ryze. I imagine Sejuani concentrated her ganks mid and mostly bot lane because, again, of support Ryze.

oh yeah that too.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say Fiora was not the reason you lost that game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
bot lane actually did fine in lane. gold difference between ryze and zyra is global. obviously he is a useless asshole but it coulda been worse. mid got focused down and continually ganked and she never bought wards or payed attention to map.

i actually focused mid lane just to get fiora kind of back into the game. i don't think fiora does well against brand in matchup. will never do as much damage and can just be stunned off. brand has amazing harass too against a melee laner.

even if he has a high winrate on fiora his kda is shit. not indicative of anything tbh.

Blizzard

Banned
bot lane actually did fine in lane. gold difference between ryze and zyra is global. obviously he is a useless asshole but it coulda been worse. mid got focused down and continually ganked and she never bought wards or payed attention to map.

i actually focused mid lane just to get fiora kind of back into the game. i don't think fiora does well against brand in matchup. will never do as much damage and can just be stunned off. brand has amazing harass too against a melee laner.

even if he has a high winrate on fiora his kda is shit. not indicative of anything tbh.
Seems like high Fiora winrate is fine, clearly the problem is Skarner not viable etc.!

But yes play Yi instead of Fiora or Skarner.

Acerac

Banned
Champion and skin sale: 8.13 - 8.16

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/sites/default/files/styles/wide_medium/public/upload/2013.08.13.articlebanner.champskinsale.jpg?itok=HuC044z1[IMG]

Give your champions a new look with these skins, on sale for a limited time:

Sultan Tryndamere 487 RP
Reverse Annie 487 RP
Black Belt Udyr 260 RP

Add these champions to your roster, on sale for a limited time:

Volibear 487 RP
Riven 440 RP
Kassadin 395 RP

[url]http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/store/sales/champion-and-skin-sale-813-816[/url]

--

I used to play Annie alot, so I might get reverse and bring her out of retirement. Probably going to buy Riven too. I've been playing alot of top lately. I'm considering getting that Trynd skin too..[/QUOTE]
Because of the fact that sales no longer display on Red Trackers I had no idea what this sale included til now.

Edwardo

NEW JANNA SKIN!

Stay tuned for Forecast Janna

forecast_janna_header.jpg

In an upcoming patch, Doppler radar's showing a likely chance of a Legendary Skin for Janna, your favorite stormy support. Here's what you can expect when Forecast Janna makes landfall:

A new character model, reminiscent of the alluringly professional attire you might see on your local nightly news

Climatically inclement spell effects, such as a radar map shield on Eye of the Storm, a cloud companion on Zephyr and more tumultuous Monsoons and Howling Gales

Broadcaster-inspired animations that look as good in the newsroom as they do on the Fields of Justice

New voiceover featuring well-practiced non-regional diction along with meteorological lingo and diverse weather forecasts*

So stay tuned for more info on the latest Legendary Skin. And don't forget your umbrella!

* Riot Games in no way guarantees the accuracy of any weather predictions made by Forecast Janna. Any weather advice given by champions of the League is for entertainment only, and in no way reflects the weather patterns of any particular country or region. In the unlikely event that Forecast Janna's predictions match current weather conditions in your area this should be considered entirely coincidental and unintentional. Please consult your local news channel for accurate weather information.

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/node/3159

Einbroch

Banned
Ahri would be super easy to make a legendary skin for.

Akali would be a little trickier due to her Q, E, and R not being flashy. She could do a 1350 skin like Garen's Steel Legion skin, though.

rakhir

So if Riven is going on sale for 440, does that mean Lucian is coming out tomorrow?
Either that or they just don't want to have refund complaints when he does show up in the next weeks.

Janna skin is just great. Hopefully they will do more skins now since they're done with the monstrum that was spirit guard udyr. From what Riot said he took a lot of time that could be used for skins for other champions.

Blizzard

Banned
That Janna skin is great, but the face in the splash art looks weird to me for some reason, like her mouth or one eye is crooked.

*edit* What yordle skin is that in the background of the splash art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom