• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Get. Out.

(I need to buy a PS3 now, I loved Vesperia to death.)

Better combat than Vesperia, and I like the world more. The story is on par, and I really like the characters. There are no bad characters. The protagonist is very likeable, but he's no Yuri. However, he changes way more than the always static Yuri. The mascot of this game (the creature that joins your party) is very love-him-or-hate-him, but I love him. I laughed out loud at some of his lines, which I almost never do in games.

So, League of Legends, pretty good game.

I haven't played since ToX.

garath

1-1 in a promo.

First game was just a disaster. Second I played OP Yi. I didn't even do well with him and the WHOLE team had escapes and/or CC. Fizz, Jax, Vayne, Nami, Nidalee.

Went with Oddone's build.

botrk, statikk shiv, then tanky item (in this case Banshee's) then IE. Threw in a giant's belt for good measure since I was getting focused. Worked out well. Less damage than I expected but got crits and resets against their squishy team.

Oh man. Pressure's on next game. Promo win or lose? I should play Sona.

Boken

Banned
More about that Amex card.

According to the Amex site, the points directly correlate to RP. That's pretty hot.

http://about.americanexpress.com/news/pr/2013/amex-prepaid-partner-league-of-legends.aspx

+1,000 RP with complete registration -- no credit check, no activation fee, no minimum balance
+1,000 RP the first time you load $20 to your Account
+10,000 RP the first time you use Direct Deposit to add $20 or more to your Account
+1,000 RP for your first 10 purchases with your Card
Holy shit wtf that's amazing
No Elise, no Diana...

Siiiiiiiiigh. My Elise is never getting a cool skin.
Weird

In another news forecast,
Riot blitz and arcade hecarim skins are inc

Acerac

Banned
Seems that Riot Blitzcrank and arcade Hecarim are showing up in the new files.

I can't even imagine what Arcade Hecarim would look like...

Holy shit, I need that card. That's awesome. Free riot points for buying useful things!

I really need to buy Caitlyn. She's so incredibly easy to play as, just went like 9/0/6 as her and I never play ADC.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Phage rework. Triforce updated. More attempts to bring BotRK into line. Corki is coming back whether you like it or not.

JesseZao

Seems that Riot Blitzcrank and arcade Hecarim are showing up in the new files.

I can't even imagine what Arcade Hecarim would look like...

final_furlong.jpg

tafer

Ugh, had a nasty, nasty game against a support Yorick. Anyone have tips in how to deal with that in the future? Or in general, what am I suppose to do against Yorick?

JesseZao

Ugh, had a nasty, nasty game against a support Yorick. Anyone have tips in how to deal with that in the future? Or in general, what am I suppose to do against Yorick?

Pressure the ADC since Yorick provides no "support" until 6. Jungler help is always good. Also, pink the lane bush so you can hide from ghouls and they end up pushing lane.

dimb

Pressure the ADC since Yorick provides no "support" until 6. Jungler help is always good. Also, pink the lane bush so you can hide from ghouls and they end up pushing lane.
How does pinking a bush help when Yorick can gain vision on them with W?

Blizzard

Banned
phage/trinity change is weird

ill miss you, hp and slow.
no i am posting about dota.

Why be snarky? If you have a source, why not share it? I'm guessing maybe you mean this page?

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/25385-unofficial-pbe-changes-for-8-12-dominion-riot

If so, the text does say that the item changes might not be for Summoner's Rift, so perhaps these changes are not yet 100% certain?

reignofgaming.net said:
Also as I said up top game client looks to have a differnt set of changes than the air client - so who knows!

JesseZao

How does pinking a bush help when Yorick can gain vision on them with W?

Unless you're both sitting in the bush that's not going to be a problem. He can't keep vision with a ward is all so you can dodge ghouls. You just shuffle and hope you have a longer range ADC like Cait.

Boken

Banned
Items - PLEASE READ FIRST
This is from the air client - Air client does not tell you what map items are for within the item - Keep in mind some changes may not be for SR.

yeah it might not be for SR

but it might be too!

dimb

Why be snarky?
It's a joke. Patch notes are in the same place all the time. Too lazy to link. Phage is obviously not going to be two different items depending on the map. Rito already said they don't like Phage and want to change it.

Boken

Banned
they are going have to do huge a melee triage one day. i know they want items to be as simple as possible, but melee/ranged is a world of difference and some items just gotta account for that

giving ranged even more MS everytime they hit and kite you will just be nightmare fuel

phage/TF has different% slows for melee/ranged - at least give melee more MS bonus from the new phage/TF

tafer

It was a disastrous game beyond measure. Let just say I couldn't get any help from the jungler and my carry stayed way behind at all times. I tried to pressure their adc but in the process I ate everything Yorick would throw at me and, well, he has some nasty range with those ghosts. (Not to mention the slow and everything else that comes with them)

Boken

Banned
ESPORTS
tMRYNe2.png

LCS
A reminder that this week there will be a superweek (20 games per region).
- 1st-2nd will get byes to the semi finals in the world championship playoffs and will basically have to win only one match to make it to the world championships. 3rd-6th must playoff for a semifinal position.

In NA, Cloud 9 are a lock for 1st seed, 2nd seed is strongly in Vulcun's hands, unless they do absolutely abysmally. CLG, Curse, TSM, dig, Coast Vel will have to fight stay in the top 6, with two of them just going home.
In EU, everything is up for grabs - anybody can hit from 1-6, and it will be a mad grab for wins this week.

fBAZrGs.png

World Championship Run-up
The playoffs around the world will showcase the best teams in their regions, and letting you familiarise yourself with eventual World Championship participants.

Playoffs
Code:
South East Asia Regional                            17th August
International Wildcard ([I]Gamescom[/I])                   21-23th August
EU LCS ([I]Gamescom[/I])                                   24-25th August
Taiwan Regional                                     29th August
Korean Circuit Points Position ([i]OGN Finals[/i])         31st August
NA LCS ([i]PAX[/i])                                        31-1st September
Korean Regional Finals                              7th September
China LPL                                           8th September (?)

World Championships
Riot are going for the slow burn style with the World Championships, giving the teams time between brackets to prepare.
Code:
Group Stage      15-21 September  (2 groups, 10 teams, 40 games played)
Quarter Finals   23-24 Sept
Semi Finals      27-28 Sept
Grand Finals     4 October

World Championship ticket prices will come out tmrw, with tickets on sale on the 15th of August.

Boken

Banned
you should just go ask her out dude. add her on facebook or something.
as a friend, of course. dont be creepy. but yeah, shes cute.
I think we should gather a list and a meet up for the world championships!

Totally digging to go.
a note to all - the venue for the group stages have still not been decided, and will possibly be at a smallish location. Tickets for group stages will sell out FAST

Galen Centre (quarters+semis) will probably have ~7000 tickets and Staples (finals), ~11000

garath

Aww. Failed my promo back to silver I. Just wasn't my game. Missed a baron smite, missed like 3 easy kills. Just derping all over the map. Didn't help that mid Annie fed Leblanc. Oh well. Try try again.

I'm jelly you guys get to go to the world championships.

I got to go to my first and only live match on stage and it felt gud. Watching via streams doesn't compare.

Boken

Banned
I'm jelly you guys get to go to the world championships.

I got to go to my first and only live match on stage and it felt gud. Watching via streams doesn't compare.

have you added her on FB yet?

and... good god, its beautiful
635119571744255247.png

riot blitz confuses me though

Achtius

I don't get why people think it is a good idea dive at level one. Why people push like crazy and don't ward at top. Don't get why people think it is a good idea to fight 1v1 even when the other person is 2 level higher. Don't get why people would go initiate a fight even though they are a Quinn.

Did I mention it's the same person.

/rant.

dimb

i don't really see the relevance of your picture. these skins are pretty bad all around. i don't even understand how or why this blitz skin exists. completely uninteresting and pointless. hecarim's is beyond terrible. like, why do i associate myself with this game terrible. it's some dumb and completely outdated meme that wouldn't have been funny even when it was relevant. i don't really feel like i mind light hearted joke skins, but to have one that's so over the top for a character like hecarim is really just jarring and off-putting.

the janna skin is not particularly well done. the animations are weird and try to do to much while fitting into these very small time frames, and the skin just does not look like janna at all. it's really weird and bad.

if i look back on this year for skins it is one clunker after another. woad king. ghost bride. blackfrost anivia. bloodstone liss. justicar aatrox. special weapon zac. gladiator draven. debonair jayce. runeguard voli. even sgu was pretty terrible.

At least half of those skins you mentioned are fantastic.

I just played Forecast Janna and it's absolutely brilliant. All the animations are awesome, as are the spell effects. Her joke, taunt and dance are brilliant. Here's a video.

The Blitz skin is nothing special, but it's customary for them to have a new Riot skin every year for PAX.

And Arcade Hecarim is brilliant imo. All the spell effects, the recall animation etc.

I don't know what you want from them.

Blizzard

Banned
This is the worst day. Not only can I not play Master Yi every game because he's banned or first picked every game, but people are dodging or not answering queues, AND I finally lost my teammate and honorable opponent ribbons.

RIOT HONOR PLS

Achtius

This is the worst day. Not only can I not play Master Yi every game because he's banned or first picked every game, but people are dodging or not answering queues, AND I finally lost my teammate and honorable opponent ribbons.

RIOT HONOR PLS

worst league day ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom