• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
i don't really see the relevance of your picture. these skins are pretty bad all around. i don't even understand how or why this blitz skin exists. completely uninteresting and pointless. hecarim's is beyond terrible. like, why do i associate myself with this game terrible. it's some dumb and completely outdated meme that wouldn't have been funny even when it was relevant. i don't really feel like i mind light hearted joke skins, but to have one that's so over the top for a character like hecarim is really just jarring and off-putting.

the janna skin is not particularly well done. the animations are weird and try to do to much while fitting into these very small time frames, and the skin just does not look like janna at all. it's really weird and bad.

if i look back on this year for skins it is one clunker after another. woad king. ghost bride. blackfrost anivia. bloodstone liss. justicar aatrox. special weapon zac. gladiator draven. debonair jayce. runeguard voli. even sgu was pretty terrible.
you have to be pretty careful with "old man yells at cloud" if youre going to go hard against the grain without even giving any kind of concession like you are a cranky old man that just hates everything hence the relevance of the picture and the beautiful followup of your post

in other news, my girlfriend really likes the janna skin so it must be working

You just had to cut it off at the ult.

It shouldn't have cut off before the ult. fucking Twitch. No point fixing it now, I'm sure Reign of Gaming will have their preview up. Was just showing people in Mumble the skin by streaming it since RoG's preview was processing.

Oh well. It's awesome, though.

Just started my LoL career, level 5, what should I be spending my masteries etc on?

Also what are some guys similar to Darius? Been enjoying his playstyle.

Just started my LoL career, level 5, what should I be spending my masteries etc on?

Also what are some guys similar to Darius? Been enjoying his playstyle.

Just so you know... masteries can be reassigned anytime. You can setup many pages of masteries.

Garen plays a bit similar to Darius.

How does one play Karthus well?

is it all about dope walls and walking into the enemy team with your E turned on? I can't imagine that hitting Qs consistently is very easy at all.

Leezard

How does one play Karthus well?

is it all about dope walls and walking into the enemy team with your E turned on? I can't imagine that hitting Qs consistently is very easy at all.

Hitting Qs consistently is one of the things you can do to play Karthus well. Often it is way easier to do if you've hit a wall first. But yeah, you want to get into the enemy team such that you can deal damage to everyone.

Boken

Banned
vi is a fun champ. im sorry broski
draven too.
lulu

re: skins. i mean, i can see where the dislike is coming from. they do seem kinda out of place.

but girls think theyre cute so it works. at least all their skins arent fun skins

Einbroch

Banned
I want fun skins and fun champs. I also want monster champs.

What's the last fun champ? Ziggs? Vi doesnt spell enough fun.

Been shouting this for a long time. Humanoid champions are so boring. Even things like Zac aren't enough. They're just people with a defining trait.

But those usually aren't cute, sexy, or hot.

Boken

Banned
Been shouting this for a long time. Humanoid champions are so boring. Even things like Zac aren't enough. They're just people with a defining trait.

last 5 champs:
Aatrox
Lissandra
Zac
Quinn
Thresh

thats 1 cute/sexy/hot out of 5. no, quinn is not any of those.

I forgot about Lulu. Definitely a fun champ.

At least they dropped the "sexy girl in a costume" for a while. Diana, Zyra, Liss, Elise, Syndra and Nami being so close together felt exhausting. Syndra and Dark Diana looked way too close and even Riot noticed. I got a bit excited when I heard about the spider champ but we got another sexy girl instead.

The skins are really cool, fun takes on the champions. We've had a tonne of grim-dark skins for so long, it's nice to have some goofy, funny skins every once in a while.

If you don't like the skins, don't buy them. It really is that simple.

But they're hardly bad. They're really well made, they have awesome effects and the concepts are cool.

I like the skins and I'm gonna buy them (well the Janna one, I'll get the others for free from a friend at an event probably).

Some people are impossible to please.

At least they dropped the "sexy girl in a costume" for a while. Diana, Zyra, Liss, Elise, Syndra and Nami being so close together felt exhausting. I got a bit excited when I heard about the spider champ but we got another sexy girl instead.

I wouldn't put Diana in there. She's decidedly non-sexualised. And I don't really consider Nami to be a "sexy" champ. The core concept of a mermaid maybe, but I don't think they made her very sexualised either. Lissandra definitely not. She's a creepy champion.

But Zyra, Syndra and Elise yes.

last 5 champs:
Aatrox
Lissandra
Zac
Quinn
Thresh

thats 1 cute/sexy/hot out of 5. no, quinn is not any of those.

I think Quinn's "cute" :/ And I don't consider Lissandra to be a sexy/hot/cute champ.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you don't like the skins, don't buy them. It really is that simple.
As someone who plays the game a bunch I don't think it's unreasonable to say that season three has been pretty underwhelming when it comes to new content being injected into the game.

There were over fifty skins out by this time last year, and 2013 has less than half of that, and even for the work put into some of the skins the ideas behind them are often remarkably underwhelming. So when another batch of skins comes up that are really lame it does kind of suck as someone who wants there to be more content.
But they're hardly bad. They're really well made, they have awesome effects and the concepts are cool.

I already said why they are bad. Over the top skins like Arcade Hecarim are just gross, and with its humor falling on outdated video game references there's little for me to do but shake my head. I don't mind jokey skins like Pool Party Ziggs, but when they are super over the top they are obnoxious and in my face even as a bystander in games.

The Janna skin is whatever. Just dull. The spell effects are not the quality I would expect for a skin that costs so much and both those and the animations are overly busy. Obviously it is still incomplete, but the shield effect in particular is super low quality, and the ultimate is just underwhelming, missing the lingering haze some of the other skins have or particles that feel very unique. My primary concern still is that it just doesn't look like Janna, and with the spell effects being less obvious it is sort of the pay for an advantage iblitz situation all over again.
Except I really like some of the recent skins. So impossible to please. Bear Cavalry Sejuani is an amazing skin that fits the champion, differentiating itself in the right ways to bring something unique while still looking like the original champion.

Not to go super Riot Illuminati mode or whatever, but it's gross to see champions that need nerfs getting skins, because it gives me little to no faith that necessary changes will go through anytime soon.

Riot just is not doing enough for the game right now. Maybe they are working super hard on overhauling stuff or whatever but another season is going by without the replay system being implemented, without the much needed visual updates to SR, with third party websites and programs being necessary to look up and track player and champion statistics, and with the interface still being in the gutter. Keep fighting for Riot Blitzcrank and Guitar Hero Hecarim as the only skins we'll see for the next few months or whatever the hell it is you're doing though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
We were sort of talking about this last night but I think the point was brought up and agreed upon that perhaps Riot is spreading themselves a little too thin and far with all the projects they tackle and such and that affects production, development, and the overall quality of whatever.

scy

From a reveal perspective, I find the Hecarim skin neat and the Janna skin looks good (fix her derpy face on the splash pls). The Blitzcrank skin feels unnecessary since, y'know, iBlitz wasn't that long ago but whatever, I suppose.

Until I see them spammed every game, however, I can't say anything on how tacky or gaudy things like Arcade Guitar Pony will be. I do think there's a good chance that the Hecarim skin will become annoying as it's a bit "way out there" visually but, eh, that's in the fun of it really.

drawkcaB

I already said why they are bad. Over the top skins like Arcade Hecarim are just gross, and with its humor falling on outdated video game references there's little for me to do but shake my head. I don't mind jokey skins like Pool Party Ziggs, but when they are super over the top they are obnoxious and in my face even as a bystander in games.

Feel the same way. Pool Party Ziggs makes sense. He's a funny character to begin with so give him other funny skins. Arcade Hecarim is terrible. He's not a funny character. A greek+Ares themed Hecarim is right there for the taking, but no, they put their energy into that PoS.

The Janna skin is whatever. Just dull. The spell effects are not the quality I would expect for a skin that costs so much and both those and the animations are overly busy. Obviously it is still incomplete, but the shield effect in particular is super low quality, and the ultimate is just underwhelming, missing the lingering haze some of the other skins have or particles that feel very unique. My primary concern still is that it just doesn't look like Janna, and with the spell effects being less obvious it is sort of the pay for an advantage iblitz situation all over again.

Great concept, was hyped when I heard about it. Saw the skin preview and the execution is bad. It's so very bland.

Riot just is not doing enough for the game right now. Maybe they are working super hard on overhauling stuff or whatever but another season is going by without the replay system being implemented, without the much needed visual updates to SR, with third party websites and programs being necessary to look up and track player and champion statistics, and with the interface still being in the gutter. Keep fighting for Riot Blitzcrank and Guitar Hero Hecarim as the only skins we'll see for the next few months or whatever the hell it is you're doing though.

Yep. The insanity that was TI3 isn't helping. For the first time ever I'll be dumping some considerable gaming time into DotA2. Valve's support for the game from where I stand has been excellent. Can you imagine Riot implementing an in-game mark-up tool for commentators a few months after it was requested? I sure as hell can't. Thanks to the kids, work, life in general really, I don't have lots of time to play games anymore. If I'm going to put significant time into a MOBA I should try others to make sure I'm playing the right one.

wut

I've duo'd a lot, the results are the same. When I duo with a diamond, he's always first pick while I'm last. The matchmaking tries to match you with another team of similar average MMR, so naturally this pushes him up the pick while I get pushed down. Exceptions can happen when there's a similar duo on the other team.

On a related note, when I duo with a gold friend, it's still him > me in pick order. The difference is that he's not always first pick and I'm not always last pick.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
wut

I've duo'd a lot, the results are the same. When I duo with a diamond, he's always first pick while I'm last. The matchmaking tries to match you with another team of similar average MMR, so naturally this pushes him up the pick while I get pushed down. Exceptions can happen when there's a similar duo on the other team.
if you duo your chances for first pick are pooled and given to the inviter or the higher rank, i forget which one. the person they duoed with then gets last pick.

i think outside of that it's all random though.

drawkcaB

if you duo your chances for first pick are pooled and given to the inviter or the higher rank, i forget which one. the person they duoed with then gets last pick.

i think outside of that it's all random though.

I think that might be for normal draft though, or rather it used to work that way at some point. AFAIK elo used to determine pick order on a team and I haven't seen anything saying that this changed with MMR.

Other queues still use the same matchmaking system. I don't see why Riot would change it a bit except maybe for ARAM. I think I read somewhere that your champ pool size is also taken into consideration? Probably remembering this wrong.

DeadNames

Banned
27/11 as Diana. Every single one of my teammates goes negative. Got Morgana mad though, was funny.

Can you guys play with me GAF so I can get a good team? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom