• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost23

If anyone is in the process of getting to lvl 30 and wants a teammate that can play strategically and half way decently, I'm all for it. I usually play with friends to avoid the solo queue, and having GAF players would be pretty nice.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
today was a good day for skarner. got janna supports on my team both times too, makes things so much easier. i met someone nice and won a game with them but the next game they were on the enemy team and i beat them. they're 1-1 in their promos now. i felt kinda bad, but what can you do?

i really love seeing players again in ranked games. it's one of my favorite things.

Newt

today was a good day for skarner. got janna supports on my team both times too, makes things so much easier. i met someone nice and won a game with them but the next game they were on the enemy team and i beat them. they're 1-1 in their promos now. i felt kinda bad, but what can you do?

i really love seeing players again in ranked games. it's one of my favorite things.
Oh cruel fate!

According to Season 2 FAQ:
What determines the ban and pick order of my team?

In Solo/Duo Queue competition, the highest rated player on each team will always be given the privilege of choosing the bans and picking first. The remainder of the pick order is randomly constructed by the matchmaking system.

Again, this was how it worked in Season 2, it could have changed since then.

Ocho

According to Season 2 FAQ:

Again, this was how it worked in Season 2, it could have changed since then.

Yeah, and that randomness equates to the MMR of each individual. Maybe it changed, maybe it didn't, but since S2 I have known that 1st pick = highest MMR, 5th pick = lowest MMR. It's safe to assume the rest of the spots are ordered by MMR as well.

This has been more noticeable now with tools like LoL Nexus, where you can see a clear divide in ranks, more so even in LAN where you can get matched with a Challenger first pick and a Plat 3 last pick (not even duo).

As further example, a friend and I have similar ranking, and when we duo he was mostly on top of me (not even first pick), but a weekend I won 7 games in a row, increasing my MMR, and got him to pick after me. Since then I stayed in D2, he went up to callenger, and now when we duo he is on top (again, he could be 4th pick and I 5th).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Twitch nerfs already heh. At this rate Sivir will become viable again.

IsayFever

Trist, Ashe, and Vayne will be the only tournament viable marksmen left after Twitch nerfs. Graves will still be a niche pick, and I'm sure somebody will pull out Corki at some point, but yeah sad world.

Whoops, forgot Kog'Maw. He'll still be picked every so often as well.

Boken

Banned
i think it is true because if i'm first pick i rarely get more than 3LP for winning. Now If i'm first pick i dodge, with a 60% afk rate a potential 3LP isn't worth the 20LP i'll lose.
That quote says nothing about lp gains being tied to your pick position.

The Mmr factor in the lp gains is team average vs team average

Newt

Trist, Ashe, and Vayne will be the only tournament viable marksmen left after Twitch nerfs. Graves will still be a niche pick, and I'm sure somebody will pull out Corki at some point, but yeah sad world.

Whoops, forgot Kog'Maw. He'll still be picked every so often as well.
I never see Trist when I'm watching the lcs, she's way more of a niche pick than Graves for sure. Also, Varus is pretty common.

jerd

Is Twitch getting nerfed outside of his E? I guess I don't see how just the expunge nerf is a death sentence for him.

Subtle

Hehe. How things have changed. It could just be that I used to be in Bronze elo, but I used to see a lot of "Ashe? GG" or "Don't pick Ashe she's the worst ADC!". Glad to see that's over!

Edit: A lot of these nerfs are little love taps. I think people just hear xx champ is getting nerfed and assume the worst.

jerd

I play a few times a week, but I feel so behind on some of these changes! How did the Draven passive change work out? Did it kill him?

Newt

I play a few times a week, but I feel so behind on some of these changes! How did the Draven passive change work out? Did it kill him?
Not even close. He's weaker yes, but with an 85% ad and 40% attack speed steroid he's still more than viable.

Boken

Banned
On a technical level It was a bit of a nerf, and some power was moved from early game to mid and/or late, depending on snowball

Ken

Play him top, build him defensively for an Ap and laugh at every melee champion

Play him mid, build for poke and hit people with the super awkward e. Huge burst with ult up though

What's the secret? I don't really know the nuances of his kit.

Boken

Banned
What's the secret? I don't really know the nuances of his kit.
He has a non skillshot nuke that shields him at the same time and can be upgraded to help him kite if you are having trouble. The shield helps you tank minion hits as you auto harass them as an added bonus

His w also sets up ganks pretty well if you can get them to engage on you. It's hard for melee to escape the centre of it

Viktor's slow->stun is one of the coolest stuns in the game. I'm surprised I don't see more people talk about it.

It freezes people in their animations! That's freaking awesome!

scy

Is Twitch getting nerfed outside of his E? I guess I don't see how just the expunge nerf is a death sentence for him.

Twitch's gimmick in lane is his all-in with Expunge. He has a really huge early game power spike that a lot of people overlook. That said, unless they lower the per stack damage on Expunge, this won't really hurt him all that much for most Expunge uses.

Viktor's slow->stun is one of the coolest stuns in the game. I'm surprised I don't see more people talk about it.

It freezes people in their animations! That's freaking awesome!

It's really weird that Viktor and his stun isn't a bigger deal since it's a rather large radius for how big of a slow and stun it is.

Edit:

I never see Trist when I'm watching the lcs, she's way more of a niche pick than Graves for sure. Also, Varus is pretty common.

Tristana and Varus have around the same pick rate (both at ~20 times) I believe.

Boken

Banned
Twitch's gimmick in lane is his all-in with Expunge. He has a really huge early game power spike that a lot of people overlook. That said, unless they lower the per stack damage on Expunge, this won't really hurt him all that much for most Expunge uses.

It's really weird that Viktor and his stun isn't a bigger deal since it's a rather large radius for how big of a slow and stun it is.
I think it's meant to lower the damage the slow cask + expunge harass that goes on.

scy

I think it's meant to lower the damage the slow cask + expunge harass that goes on.

Yeah, that's basically the one case it really does get here: The low-stack Expunge harassment. In that vein, yeah, that's going to be a fairly noticeable change for his early lane. It won't greatly change a 4-6 stack Expunge all that much.

dimb

So I build Liandry and Abyssal?
nobody builds liandry anymore. better to get zhonya's if you were against an ad laner. always get the red rod. max q if you're top lane. it's pretty cool.

scy

nobody builds liandry anymore. better to get zhonya's if you were against an ad laner. always get the red rod. max q if you're top lane. it's pretty cool.

Augment Gravity has a lot more utility, to be honest, since it lets you use his stun from safer ranges. Personally think that as a setup for the rest of his kit (namely being able to W outside of his ult range) makes it a lot better than some extra damage on his poke.

Though W is his least relevant upgrade in lane, really.

Boken

Banned
Yeah, that's basically the one case it really does get here: The low-stack Expunge harassment. In that vein, yeah, that's going to be a fairly noticeable change for his early lane. It won't greatly change a 4-6 stack Expunge all that much.
Max stack expunge at least has some counter play built into it since you have some control over whether he reaches max stacks. Cask harass can be done at 900 range
Riven is my first top champ I've ever played. What is a good build for her?
Riven is a boss.
Watch boxbox stream, he plays her a lot. She's pretty mechanically complex (at least until they make her 3rd q easy mode on the pbe)
I like brutaliser if you are ahead. Otherwise, rush bloodthirster. You get a huge power spike after it. Last whisper is a must too, eventually since there will be a decent amount of armour. Tank Riven also sucks.

scy

Max stack expunge at least has some counter play built into it since you have some control over whether he reaches max stacks. Cask harass can be done at 900 range

Yeah. We'll see how massive a deal it ends up being, I guess. The WE harass is pretty silly so I'm not really surprised.

Tank Riven also sucks.

This isn't a thing ;__;

dimb

I would rather just have them up the mana cost on Expunge than nerf its damage, so Twitch has to think more about when he uses it. I feel Twitch has the fewest mana problems of any AD carry.
Augment Gravity has a lot more utility, to be honest, since it lets you use his stun from safer ranges. Personally think that as a setup for the rest of his kit (namely being able to W outside of his ult range) makes it a lot better than some extra damage on his poke.

Though W is his least relevant upgrade in lane, really.
I want to get Augment Gravity but I have a hard time justifying it, particularly when the damage boost on Death is so significant.

Edwardo

Wait what part of expunge is getting nerfed? The base dmg, the bonus dmg, or both?

edit: nvm its on the base

but..

Expunge [ E ] - Now deals 20/35/50/65/80 physical damage (down from 40/50/60/70/80)

I feel like that isn't a significant amount. Does the base damage increase from stacks as well?

Newt

Something is very wrong with this matchmaking system.

ltbfR2P.png

ypf4c0L.png

(my CS was crap because we were pushed to all their inhib turrets at like 20 minutes)

Edwardo

My feelings, they hurt.

But seriously, what's up with the full silver team vs the full gold team?

Maybe they were all on winning streaks and have a high mmr or elo or whatever. Then some of your teammates were a little lower because of a losing streak or something. That plus the two duo's being around even could make up for it.

garath

I guess that's true. Judging by the results of the match though, the MMR system is not as reliable as people would think.

True but there are stomps at every elo. Snowball the right champ, get some infighting going, it can be 'over' after 10 min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom