• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's not a bug though. The slow builds stacks to proc a stun. If he can't be slowed he can't be stunned. Yi is immune to other stuff too because of this. Wither's attack speed debuff will not apply to him during Highlander because of his immunity.

Yi is immune to ASPD debuffs that is attached to the movement speed slow. Wither, Ice Blast, etc doesn't debuff his ASPD. Randuin, Exhaust, etc works because the ASPD debuff is separate from the MS debuff.

Newt

That's not a bug though. The slow builds stacks to proc a stun. If he can't be slowed he can't be stunned. Yi is immune to other stuff too because of this. Wither's attack speed debuff will not apply to him during Highlander because of his immunity.
Oh that's how it works? I thought if you just stood in it for a certain amount of time you were stunned. nvm.

Boken

Banned
Something is very wrong with this matchmaking system.

ltbfR2P.png

ypf4c0L.png

(my CS was crap because we were pushed to all their inhib turrets at like 20 minutes)

My feelings, they hurt.

But seriously, what's up with the full silver team vs the full gold team?

I guess that's true. Judging by the results of the match though, the MMR system is not as reliable as people would think.
Err what do you mean? Silver 1 are basically gold v

And results mean nothing, games can snowball really easily.

Newt

Err what do you mean? Silver 1 are basically gold v

And results mean nothing, games can snowball really easily.
True, but it's just kinda strange how your division means nothing. It just seems counter intuitive to me to have mmr mean everything, despite it being invisible. I didn't have LoL during season 2, but this elo system seems to make a lot more sense.

dimb

True, but it's just kinda strange how your division means nothing.
It sets up short and long term goals and is a general indicator of where someone is at. It's also prevented lots of dodging.

Boken

Banned
True, but it's just kinda strange how your division means nothing. It just seems counter intuitive to me to have mmr mean everything, despite it being invisible. I didn't have LoL during season 2, but this elo system seems to make a lot more sense.

division doesnt mean nothing (unless you are in div V). its still an indicator of your skill, its just designed to respond slower to make your position fluctuate less

mmr means everything in terms of matchmaking, because it is the matchmaking rating...

but it doesnt mean "everything" - in terms of your true skill since bad streaks make it go crazy

gillFTR

So why is jungle so useless? Decent wards you can easily get countered so bot lane is protected even with top. Flash and semi decent positioiing make it so easy to stop ganks. I love the 2 limit wards in Dota much more now. Jarvan is honestly the only person worth jungling with.

Boken

Banned
wards cover less space and for less time in league

you need good laners to tell you when wards are plopped, and sneak in when they time out or just pay attention to a laner leaving lane and which side they go to guess ward timing

lane ganks are also much much more potent in league because bushes and people dont ward lane until mid plat or something

also: play eve

Boken

Banned
Yeah her sound files are amazing. I just think she looks a little... Too random? it might be the style (but I didn't think this about teacher fiora) or it might be that the blue is too contrasty. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Newt

Hey guys, I just finish a ranked match (win) and I got no lp. It said processing up at the top, so I waited a while but eventually left the lobby. Anyone else encounter this glitch?

jerd

wards cover less space and for less time in league

you need good laners to tell you when wards are plopped, and sneak in when they time out or just pay attention to a laner leaving lane and which side they go to guess ward timing

lane ganks are also much much more potent in league because bushes and people dont ward lane until mid plat or something

also: play eve

Seriously, this is insane. It is unreal how easy early ganks are at whatever shit MMR I'm at.

Blizzard

Banned
So why is jungle so useless? Decent wards you can easily get countered so bot lane is protected even with top. Flash and semi decent positioiing make it so easy to stop ganks. I love the 2 limit wards in Dota much more now. Jarvan is honestly the only person worth jungling with.
Some champions like, Hecarim, Rammus, and Eve can simply ignore wards. Others can watch when the ward is placed so they know when it runs out, and gank then. Or they can buy a pink, or the laner can buy a pink, or if the jungler is doing well enough they can buy an oracles. Or you can gank through tribush if river is warded. Or you can gank through the lane bush if tribush and river are warded.

Jungler's presence alone creates pressure on the lane.

If the enemy has absolutely no jungler you can keep shoving the lane without repercussion if you want. You deny them CS by making them lose creeps to the tower, and you can quickly take down the tower to do objectives. Your jungler is free to bully other lanes.

I learned the hard way why you should start red if you suspect an invade, lol.

I was Naut and the other jungler was Jax, I knew he was going to invade my red, but I made the mistake of still starting with my blue, and I was going to my red [I was in blue side], and I was thinking about pinging red for help and make my bot lane come and help me, when I saw our tristana gave first blood to the enemy vayne, I check the bush and I was not so surprised when I saw Jax there, and I was like, whatever, I flashed over the wall and did golems, thinking that hopefully it won't end too bad...

... yeah.

Still, experience is experience. Hopefully I'll improve and don't make the same mistakes.
Also I hate blind pick. If I haven't stated that before.

drawkcaB

And even if you walk through a ward, you're still creating pressure on a lane, and it will help your laner get a CS advantage.

Not always true (I'd even go so far as to say generally not true) and you can really screw over your other lanes doing this.

Let's say you notice that bot lane is having a bit of trouble so you go down there, just to show your presence and relieve pressure. So now you're on the minimap. Guess what you've just done in exchange for a bit of pressure? Enemy mid and top know they can go aggressive - very dangerous if they have a lead on your own laners - and the enemy jungler knows he can take one of your buffs or do an all-in gank on one of your lanes because the odds of getting baited into a countergank are close to zero. So to give bot lane a bit of breathing room, you may have just sacrificed an entire lane, a blue buff, or a tower.

Keep it simple. Once you decide to gank a lane, to your best to secure a kill. That'll scare every other lane and you won't even have to show your face.

bjaelke

Olaf's Ragnarok reworked on ther PBE
Mana Cost removed
Now provides a moderate amount of Armor / Magic Resistance passively
Active Reworked: Now removes the passive portion of the ability while active, grants a moderate amount of AD, and causes Olaf's basic attacks to splash to nearby enemies for a lower % of damage
Olaf now turns Red when Ragnarok is active (base skin only)
Retains his immunity to disables
wtzgU.gif

Not always true (I'd even go so far as to say generally not true) and you can really screw over your other lanes doing this.

Let's say you notice that bot lane is having a bit of trouble so you go down there, just to show your presence and relieve pressure. So now you're on the minimap. Guess what you've just done in exchange for a bit of pressure? Enemy mid and top know they can go aggressive - very dangerous if they have a lead on your own laners - and the enemy jungler knows he can take one of your buffs or do an all-in gank on one of your lanes because the odds of getting baited into a countergank are close to zero. So to give bot lane a bit of breathing room, you may have just sacrificed an entire lane, a blue buff, or a tower.

Keep it simple. Once you decide to gank a lane, to your best to secure a kill. That'll scare every other lane and you won't even have to show your face.

You're completely right. Thanks for the correction/lesson!

Ferga

Jungling takes patience and takes a lot of practice to get right. It seems like you're stuck in a mindset of "i must gank and get kills to do well". It is so very wrong. You apply pressure to the map and control objectives. Junglers give or take leads in a lane through pressure. If laners see you approaching, they back the hell off and lose cs and exp. You just gave your laner a small lead which can snowball them.

There's also the mechanic of Counter ganking. It is possibly the hardest thing to do as a jungler.

It isn't just about you coincidentally being in the lane to protect your laner when they are getting ganked or you being in the lane when you see the enemy jungler waiting in a warded bush.

It involves you being near the lane to help out when the enemy jungler is about to gank. This is a pretty difficult skill to get right as you need to memorise jungle timers for buffs (hence predicting the lane where the enemy jungler will gank or pressure next), predict whether the enemies will give up buffs for ganks and shutdowns and reading the mini map and your laner's positioning.

E.g. The game timer is 7;10. The enemy jungler's second round of buffs is spawning right now or in the next 5 seconds. You ask yourself 3 things:
1. Are you able to counter jungle them and smite steal? To do this, read where the 2 mid laners are. They are the most influential in all counter jungling plays for the second and third round of buffs.
2. Do you think the jungler will neglect his second buff to gank a nearby lane who is being pressured? If so, you either ping the incoming gank for your team and head towards the enemy's second buff while reading the position of both mid laners OR you go to the lane you think he is going to gank and wait.
3. Are you able to gank a lane at the opposite side of the map or help in pushing down a tower.

You will get many of these predictions wrong when you start out but you will learn to start making the correct choices in many of the situations.

You can't call the jungle useless because from what you said, it seems like you are very inexperienced at it.

Boken

Banned
SK T1 v Jin Air Falcons: http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet

SKT1 are a rising star team in the Korean Scene, Jin Air Falcons features a very well respected reapered.

I dont expect this to be as competitive as CJ Blaze v KTB, but reapered is known as an amazing theorycrafter, and may show us something great.

Plus, montecristo and doa!

Jungling takes patience and takes a lot of practice to get right. It seems like you're stuck in a mindset of "i must gank and get kills to do well". It is so very wrong. You apply pressure to the map and control objectives. Junglers give or take leads in a lane through pressure. If laners see you approaching, they back the hell off and lose cs and exp. You just gave your laner a small lead which can snowball them.

There's also the mechanic of Counter ganking. It is possibly the hardest thing to do as a jungler.

It isn't just about you coincidentally being in the lane to protect your laner when they are getting ganked or you being in the lane when you see the enemy jungler waiting in a warded bush.

It involves you being near the lane to help out when the enemy jungler is about to gank. This is a pretty difficult skill to get right as you need to memorise jungle timers for buffs (hence predicting the lane where the enemy jungler will gank or pressure next), predict whether the enemies will give up buffs for ganks and shutdowns and reading the mini map and your laner's positioning.

E.g. The game timer is 7;10. The enemy jungler's second round of buffs is spawning right now or in the next 5 seconds. You ask yourself 3 things:
1. Are you able to counter jungle them and smite steal? To do this, read where the 2 mid laners are. They are the most influential in all counter jungling plays for the second and third round of buffs.
2. Do you think the jungler will neglect his second buff to gank a nearby lane who is being pressured? If so, you either ping the incoming gank for your team and head towards the enemy's second buff while reading the position of both mid laners OR you go to the lane you think he is going to gank and wait.
3. Are you able to gank a lane at the opposite side of the map or help in pushing down a tower.

You will get many of these predictions wrong when you start out but you will learn to start making the correct choices in many of the situations.

You can't call the jungle useless because from what you said, it seems like you are very inexperienced at it.

As someone who doesn't play as a jungler too often, I'd just like to say that your post is a great aid that I'll be looking back on, you've seriously opened some new ways for me to think of how to play as a jungler.

Thanks!

Ken

Slotermeyer: Diamond smurf here dont ban tf
Slotermeyer: ill carry u fucks to challenger
Slotermeyer: just dont feed

u guys im so excited

dimb

I could jungle whoever I feel like pretty much. Ganking is about finding holes in ward coverage and knowing where to be.

I kind of just am lazy and do everything by feel now, but you need to understand which lanes are good to gank and when. What champions are gankable before six? Before four? Who bought wards? What routes can you take to avoid them? What sort of CC/chase/damage potential does the laner you are ganking for have?

Flash doesn't have to be a free escape. Account for it in your ganks. Flash after if you need to and can secure kills, or space yourself ahead of the enemy champion and save one form of CC.

Just played my first Singed game. Was gonna go riven, but the enemy picked a Teemo so I decided against it. It was weird. I felt like I didn't know what I was doing, but I won lane.

dimb

How do they prevent duplicate champs?
They don't.
Hey all, back with some more details. We're trying out an iteration of the E that is a bit more like the old E in usage but there are some other changes that help it fit nicely into his new gameplay pattern.

-It is now a free cased line nuke like the E in game currently
-The range is increased by about 20%
-The width of the projectile is decreased by about 20%
-Deals magic damage to targets hit and now slows them for 30/35/40/45/50 for 2.5s

The goals here were to retain the fun and diverse gameplay of the line nuke. The free targeting and skillshot feel of the E is a nice change of pace from Skarner's other melee focused abilities. We're also trying a longer/slow/less wide projectile so that targets of the E have the opportunity to dodge it (counterplay).
Skarner changes continue to homogenize. Mana costs will be murderous. Skarner's E was never fun so it really sucks to see it being built up and becoming core to his kit.

garath

I learned the hard way why you should start red if you suspect an invade, lol.

I was Naut and the other jungler was Jax, I knew he was going to invade my red, but I made the mistake of still starting with my blue, and I was going to my red [I was in blue side], and I was thinking about pinging red for help and make my bot lane come and help me, when I saw our tristana gave first blood to the enemy vayne, I check the bush and I was not so surprised when I saw Jax there, and I was like, whatever, I flashed over the wall and did golems, thinking that hopefully it won't end too bad...

... yeah.

Still, experience is experience. Hopefully I'll improve and don't make the same mistakes.
Also I hate blind pick. If I haven't stated that before.

If you suspect a possible red invade, ask your support to ward the bush in your red buff. The explorer ward is perfect for this. Drop it around 1:35-1:40. If you see their jungler in your red buff, just make a u-turn and head for theirs. Or if your laners are heads up, you can ambush him for first blood. Worst case, if you can run with less pots, you can grab your own ward.

The blind solo jungle red invade is so risky. Don't see it very often. Have to rely on the opponents not warding and be confident that you can out-smite/kill the opponent jungler without laners coming to kill you.

Boken

Banned
NA LCS in:
t1376510400z4.png

EU LCS in:
t1376568000z0.png

Stream: [Twitch.tv] | [Youtube] | [Azubu.tv]
LCS thread - [click]

tMRYNe2.png

LCS
[Crunch time!] - the importance of the superweek
A reminder that this week there will be a superweek (20 games per region).
- 1st-2nd will get byes to the semi finals in the world championship playoffs and will have to win only one match to make it to the world championships. 3rd-6th must playoff for a semifinal position.

In NA, Cloud 9 are a lock for 1st seed, 2nd seed is strongly in Vulcun's hands, unless they do absolutely abysmally. CLG, Curse, TSM, dig, Coast Vel will have to fight stay in the top 6, with two of them just going home.
In EU, everything is up for grabs - anybody can hit from 1-6, and it will be a mad grab for wins this week.
I'll update with charts showing top 6 positions as the week goes on.

fBAZrGs.png

World Championship Run-up
The playoffs around the world will showcase the best teams in their regions, and letting you familiarise yourself with eventual World Championship participants.

Playoffs
Code:
South East Asia Regional                            17th August
International Wildcard ([I]Gamescom[/I])                   21-23th August
EU LCS ([I]Gamescom[/I])                                   24-25th August
Taiwan Regional                                     29th August
Korean Circuit Points Position ([i]OGN Finals[/i])         31st August
NA LCS ([i]PAX[/i])                                        31-1st September
Korean Regional Finals                              7th September
China LPL                                           8th September (?)

World Championships
Riot are going for the slow burn style with the World Championships, giving the teams time between brackets to prepare.
Code:
Group Stage      15-21 September  (2 groups, 10 teams, 40 games played)
Quarter Finals   23-24 Sept
Semi Finals      27-28 Sept
Grand Finals     4 October

World Championship tickets will go on sale tomorrow on www.ticketmaster.com at August 15 at 12:00PM PDT / 21:00 CEST. (1 hour before tmrw's NA LCS) - [countdown]
Group Stage - Culver Sound Studios, September 15-21: $20 per day
Quarterfinals - Culver Sound Studios, September 23-24: $30 per day
Semifinals - Galen Center, September 27-28: $30-60 per day
Finals - Staples Center, October 4: $40-100
specific schedule: http://na.lolesports.com/season3/sp...hampionship-tickets-available-aug-15#schedule

note: culver sound studios range from 3000 square feet to 26000 square feet. Its unsure how much capacity riot has for the group stages, but I expect them to sell out FAST.

Cathcart

Oh cool, they added times. 6PM start for the finals so I guess we should be out of there by 11. That's not so bad.

Haven't been to LA since October, can't wait to hang out with friends and get some lunch at Langer's--which, btw, is where my screen name (Pastrami Reuben) comes from. Flight already booked, used my AmEx points to get the round trip from PHL to LAX for $56, aw yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom