• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

Is this all fully accurate for QSS?

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Quicksilver_Sash said:
-Unlike Cleanse, it will not stop any other debuffs after activating it until the cooldown refreshes.

-Unlike Cleanse, it does remove nearly all debuffs including: Grievous Wounds from any source. The healing reduction debuff from Heal

-Ignite

-Exhaust. Only slow part is removed.

-Fizz's Chum the Waters. Drops the fish on the ground

-Malzahar's Nether Grasp

-Mordekaiser's Children of the Grave

-Nocturne's Paranoia. Nocturne can still launch himself at you. The vision debuff is removed only from yourself and not from teammates.

-Darius's Hemorrhage

-Poppy's Diplomatic Immunity. Poppy will not deal bonus damage to you.

-Twisted Fate's Destiny

-Urgot's Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser. You won't switch places with Urgot if you break the suppression.

-Skarner's Impale

-Vladimir's Hemoplague

-Warwick's Infinite Duress. It will even remove Blood Scent, but only until the debuff refreshes.

-Morgana's Soul Shackles (during the stun or chains).

-Diana's Moonlight Debuff

-Zilean's Time Bomb

-Zed's ultimate will still make Zed briefly untargetable while he dashes to his target's location, and Zed's living shadows will behave as normal. However, the mark itself will cause no damage if it is removed in the 3 seconds before it detonates.

-While it may appear to do so as it removes the visual effect, it will not remove the damage from Karthus's Requiem.

-Quicksilver Sash will remove almost all DoT damage from abilities, including but not limited to: Blaze, Noxious Blast, Grog Soaked Blade, Malefic Visions, Poison Trail, Toxic Shot, and Deadly Venom.

-Remember that Quicksilver Sash does not give you any lingering resistance after use like Cleanse. If you use it to remove a slow/stun/etc, you can immediately be stunned, slowed, suppressed, etc. again.

IsayFever

Got Magna Carta Holy Grail. Just another masturbatory effort by Jay Z. Wish he'd drop his GOAT gimmick and just make good music again.

jerd

Do most people max W on Sejuani first? I've been maxing Q and it gives her great burst on ganks, but clears are real slow and mana cost is high.

Won my first ranked though. I had a mediocre game but our Lux carried us.

I dunno guys, I think Yi does quite a bit of damage.

MPXmfCf.png

JesseZao

so I just got like 9 lp in s1..so....how much do u lose if u lose a game?

edit: nm scy explained in chat.

When I went through S1 I got clamped hard until I hit around 40-50 LP then I was getting ~20LP again. YMMV, but the clamp seemed to hit early instead of late for me.

inky

LOL, was called "old-school" by my support. I guess my builds are pretty obviously from a few months back. I need to figure out what all these new items do.

garath

Hi kids. Someone please explain to me why Zac is good/overpowered cause I'm not seeing it.

Tanky, huge range initiation with knock up, slow, ae % health damage, ult that knock up everyone it bounces on plus a movement speed boost, infinite sustain with the % max health blobs, passive that gives him a second chance at life. Great for getting dove or diving. Or filling his role as a tanky initiator.

Did I mention really tanky?

Even in silver teams are finally figuring out how to follow up a zac initiation.

Ferga

Hi kids. Someone please explain to me why Zac is good/overpowered cause I'm not seeing it.

Because he doesnt use mana, has high burst, has sustained max health damage, cc, an awesome initiation skill, sustains forever and his passive is probably top 10 in the game?

Achtius

he also just bounce on u and win.

lol
that was the zac from last game

also i think it is time to learn how to play janna. I don't like jarvan or zac jumping on my ad >_<

Strong initiate, very disruptive, *big* sustained AoE HP% damage, good sustain, annoying to kill. I won't be surprised to see him get nerfed a few times. He's just a strong pick as a solo laner and jungler.

AcridMeat

Banned
wPTZIkf.jpg

This was the most ridiculous comeback. We were down all 3 inhibs and no fountain towers for soo long and we finally pushed out and won a baron.

Also that ratio, first time ever its looked like that (positive).

bjaelke

Bonetooth Necklace
10 AD, 1 AD/Level
Recipe: Hunter's Machete + Long Sword + 100g
PASSIVE: 20% Increased damage to monsters

3 Stacks: Rengar gains Flat Movement Speed while out of combat, or while in brush

6 Stacks: Leap range increased

9 Stacks: Thrill of the Hunt lasts X seconds longer

14 Stacks: Rengar gains % Movement speed for 2.5 seconds upon exiting brush
Battle Roar
-No Longer grants Armor/Magic Resistance
-Enemies hit with Battle Roar have their Attack Damage reduced
Bola Strike
-Is now a skillshot
-Increased Range
Thrill of the Hunt
-Cooldown decreased
-No longer plays Voice Over or gives an Icon to enemies within Rengar's sight/detection range
-Consumes current Ferocity on cast - each point of Ferocity consumed increases the Duration of Thrill of the Hunt by 1 second.
-No longer stealths Rengar for the duration
-Duration greatly increased, scales with ult rank
-Movement Speed increased
-Rengar's first basic attack while in Thrill of the Hunt will cause him to leap at his target - Rengar retains the Movement Speed increase from Thrill of the Hunt for 3 seconds after leaping.
Gotta go fast.
(Bonus Round - To give you an idea of what we're dealing with, Rengar with no Boots, 14 Stack Bonetooth, Rank 3 Thrill of the Hunt and 5 Points of Ferocity can run from the bottom lane brush to the toplane's river brush before the Ultimate's duration times out, as long as you make clever use of all the brush inbetween.

BlazinAm

ifOywLa.jpg

First time with Ahri in SR, pretty cool combo with mobility on her ult that makes it really satisfying to pull off although the key to her kit, the charm, is a bit hard for me to pull off. And that Miss Fortune was a thing, she got into an argument with our jungler from picks and we all were wonder why she wanted to play Miss Fortune top from the start. She also went AFK so some period of time not like she ever did anything throughout the game.

Also it was pretty funny to ult into Baron pit steal the Baron kill and ult out.

Boken

Banned
lPV0gKD.png

S3 SEA Regionals Starting! - currently a showmatch, first game starts in 3 hrs
Info on teams, brackets, stream links: lolesports Road to Worlds link

Teams:
IJ5vlKA.png

[Brackets]

[esports calendar link]

Garena Malaysia stream: (apparently will shoutcast in english) http://www.twitch.tv/garenamalaysiatv

-----------------------------------------------------------
lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]
------------------------------
yeah, ahri is good fun, especially against skillshot champions
Sounds like a really useless ult.
might have a pretty low cd (like 45s) because its core to his kit and engagement

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
High base damage AOE magic abilities all on extremely short cooldowns. Innate sustain combined without mana. Highly spammable CC. Long range initiation can only be stopped with extremely deep and extensive ward coverage, and even then the most you can do is run away. During ultimate he might as well be untouchable with CC reduction and movespeed boost.

Fuck Zac's passive. When I played him on the PBE the compromise for a manaless champion was high health costs. Riot cut those out and Zac became a literal champion for babbies. Spam all your abilities whenever and wherever. Your passive will give you back equal and often more health than was spent. And that is only half of his passive. He gets two for literally no reason, and the survivability added by cell division only adds to what an obscene initiator and tank Zac is.

I think Zac's costs were like 8-12% of current health back in PBE? They cut it all down to 4%. Instead of being a way to limit your spellcasts, it just encouraged it.

edit: It was 6/4/12% for his QWE.

Boken

Banned
http://www.lolking.net/champions/zac&region=all&map=sr&queue=1x1&league=gold#statistics

dat solo queue win rate. zac so OP
-------------------

the reason why zac is so prolific is because he has an incredibly good matchup against shen, who has top tier utility and will probably always be a high pick

I think Zac's costs were like 8-12% of current health back in PBE? They cut it all down to 4%. Instead of being a way to limit your spellcasts, it just encouraged it.

edit: It was 6/4/12% for his QWE.

are you at SEA regionals

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
maybe its because youre too dumb
maybe.

there is no correlation between zac and shen picks though, and zac is still a common pick without shen in games. winrate on sites like lolking is a meaningless indicator of champion strength, but champions with high pick rates that still maintain 50%+ winrates are almost always problem champions (i.e. Janna and Jarvan). zac's winrate is not particularly revealing of his power in either direction, particularly when it seems like most of the numbers are still being pulled from him jungling and not just laning.

i don't think zac gets banned out more often than shen at all levels of play just because he is some kind of counter.

Boken

Banned
i point out lolking to drive the conversation away from solo queue analysis and towards some kind of competitive gaming discussion

youre wrong about zac not being a valued as a couterpick. there needs to be better competitive stat tracking websites, but in EU lcs total, zac is half the pick/ban rate of shen. in NA, zac is 20% less.

More detailed draft analysis is more revealing though. look at OGN quarterfinals for example: http://lol.gamepedia.com/HOT6iX_Champions_Summer_2013/Picks_and_Bans/Bracket_Stage

ok so,

cjb v ktb g1, zac is first picked (shen banned), ok so far so bad. zac seems strong in and of himself and first pick material.

cjb v ktb g2, shen banned, no zac pick.

cjb v ktb g3, cjb pick shen, ktb pick zac 3 picks later.

cjb v ktb g4, cjb ban zac and proceed to first pick shen

cjb v ktb g5, ktb team features shen. no zac in either team. (blind)

cjf v njws g1, cjf FP shen, njws pick zac right after

cjf v njws g2, shen banned, zac pick by cjf

cjf v njws g3, zac is banned by cjf and njws respond by banning shen

skt1 v jaf g1, shen fp by jaf, skt1 pick zac right after

skt1 v jaf g2, shen banned, zac fp

skt1 v jaf g3, jaf bans zac and then fp shen (singed is used to counterpick shen this game)

mvpo v ctu, first 2 games feature a shen 2nd pick and a zac afterwards by the other team

mvpo v ctu, zac banned by ctu but dont first pick him, mvpo 2nd pick shen. (the hell was ctu doing)

------------------
thats 3/13 games where zac is picked either 1st or 2nd/3rd with shen banned/or not picked yet

and 8/13 games where shen is an early pick and zac is a later pick, or when zac is banned, shen is picked early, or when zac is banned, shen is banned right after.

theres a reasonable amount of evidence that zac is used in response to shen with this limited analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom