• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really should stop playing when there kids are up. Too much risk of students disconnecting because they were just renting PCs.

I was dumbfounded at one point. Me (MF) and Sej *barely* were low health and *just* managed to shake off Fizz and Tryn. Yi ran towards them, freshly respawned, saying "CMON LETS FIGHT" in chat. Many headdesks were found that time. Of course zero wards were purchased that time (both sides) so I had to build a Ruby Sightstone. We picked off several kills because of wards, pointed this out, asked for wards, but fell on deaf ears.

PH has the worst League players I've seen. I've played with better NA players as early as Lv15.

You know, I was actually interested in watching the SEA qualifiers. But holy shit those commentators are awful. Wow.

I'll have to wait til I'm on my PC so I can play some music over it or something :/

forgrim

7 losses and 2 wins. What a demoralising day.

At least I got a staggering 31lp for that last win.

its insane how i'm so streaky in this game. i go on 6-9 game winning streaks (currently on a 5), then lose games in 4-7 chunks. that matchmaking.

Boken

Banned
Mineski went through 3 1-hour long close games in a row jeez. Exo was extremely slippery.

edit: CHAWWWWYYYY

you must be proud of home country team

i see your chawwyy and raise you an
exxooooooooooooooooo (Careful, turn down volume)

yeah, ok so spectator lagged like hell but basically what exo did was instead of chase the law chawwwy for the kill, he spammed his Q on the wolves to get his ult back up for the snipe

Boken

Banned
Congratulations to the first team qualified for the S3 World Championships - Team Mineski, coming from the Philippines, representing the SEA spot.
Mineski are an underdog story Mineski are an underdog story, coming as a replacement because the top Filipino team couldnt make it, were considered the weakest team in the SEA regionals - they went on from the losers bracket to take the championship from the favourites, SGS.

Leaguepedia link for mineski: http://lol.gamepedia.com/Mineski
Vods of grand finals:
http://www.twitch.tv/garenamalaysiatv/c/2772074
http://www.twitch.tv/garenamalaysiatv/c/2772095
http://www.twitch.tv/garenamalaysiatv/c/2772122

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qualified:
JT9gVEF.png

Follow the progress of qualifiers around the world:

Time until the next Season 3 Qualifiers Event - International Wild Card Tournament
t1377068400z4.png

Ocho

Transfered back to NA (from LAN). Went from Plat V to Gold II due to inactivity. Riot should freeze that or something.

Achtius

they want you to play their game :p

man:

this is like the worse elo hell ever. Stuck with a ap corki...against a veigar.

he instant lock in, so we ask him to play ad corki..but nope.

Garena has released an infographic:

23% female players is higher than NA/EU i think. how do they even know people found their girlfriends in lol. what.
anybody calculate hours played a day from that IP number?

Full Album: http://imgur.com/a/p1o2S
interestingly, master yi feeds the most

I wanted to respond to this, at least briefly.

Chinese LoL is hilarious. They heavily pick the same 5-6 champions:

Ashe
Garen
Tryndamere
Yi
Darius

They have no sense of a meta. Few junglers. Teleport is popular. It's a farm fest; people hate leaving their lanes or taking towers until they have a full kit of items. No teamwork.

I played just one game today on a borrowed account. 16-1-25 as Sona. People had no clue who I was or what I did. I would take down Tryndamere and Yi on the opposing team because they wouldn't know what I could do (W chord and Exhaust would just fuck them), so I'd just poke and kite.

Never seen a Sona zone out a Tryndamere and Nautilus at top lane, but there you are. Never fought for dragon, took their blue a few times. My buddy played a decent Lee Sin, so it was nice. I was supposed to support him...

garath

Man 71 points down the drain. Welp. Time to fuck around and experiment again. See if I can find a new cheese strategy.

I know it sucks a lot but you are making me feel better about my losing streaks. Happen to be on a hot streak lately but it wasn't too long ago I dropped a division.

It helps knowing skilled players go through the same crap.

Achtius

mid zed against brand....
zed fed him 5 times within 15 minutes.

gonna learn how to thresh one day.
when i have enough ip to buy him..lol

JesseZao

i heard tsm are going to win worlds

i heard that tsm is going to get locked in their house and start a microwave fire, then be hospitalized because of smoke inhalation and have to miss worlds, but all of the other teams with forfeit as a gesture of respect, which allows tsm to win worlds, it is known

Every time the game launches it says that I can't play due to a firewall issue... how do I fix this?

Weird, did you have anything else open?

That has happened to me, but only when I have the luck that somebody decides to call me in skype when the game is about to launch (when you see the league of legends logo before the loading screen).

Boken

Banned
I wanted to respond to this, at least briefly.

Chinese LoL is hilarious. They heavily pick the same 5-6 champions:

Ashe
Garen
Tryndamere
Yi
Darius

They have no sense of a meta. Few junglers. Teleport is popular. It's a farm fest; people hate leaving their lanes or taking towers until they have a full kit of items. No teamwork.

I played just one game today on a borrowed account. 16-1-25 as Sona. People had no clue who I was or what I did. I would take down Tryndamere and Yi on the opposing team because they wouldn't know what I could do (W chord and Exhaust would just fuck them), so I'd just poke and kite.

Never seen a Sona zone out a Tryndamere and Nautilus at top lane, but there you are. Never fought for dragon, took their blue a few times. My buddy played a decent Lee Sin, so it was nice. I was supposed to support him...
Are you in china now? The infographic is for Taiwan btw
Our lux got tears..
Tear is good on lux tho
Every time the game launches it says that I can't play due to a firewall issue... how do I fix this?
Happens to me too. Think it really is a router issue.

Is it just me or does Lulu have extra delay with auto attacks? Even when I went AD Lulu in ARAM I had to wait a bit longer for her attacks to finish.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is it just me or does Lulu have extra delay with auto attacks? Even when I went AD Lulu in ARAM I had to wait a bit longer for her attacks to finish.
it's normal. pix bolts come out later than the autos, maybe that's what you notice.

Are you in china now? The infographic is for Taiwan btw

"[T]he United States acknowledges that Chinese on either side of the Taiwan Strait maintain there is but one China and that Taiwan is a part of China. The United States does not challenge that position."

tee hee

Yes, I'm here briefly for research, and then I'm headed back the States. An old friend of mine invited me to play one game, so I figured I could indulge in just one. The level of play is ridiculously low. I wish I could use my account. :(

DeadNames

Banned
I just don't get xerath. Immobilizing yourself with a skillshot is pretty easy to dodge not to mention an ult that is wacky just seems so awful compared to champs like ahri.

garath

5 lp fml.

but it's interesting.
I started out 33lp this morning
lost 4 games went to 0 lp, then won 4 games. back to 33.

Sounds like your MMR is lining up with your rank pretty well.

I couldn't bring myself to play ranked today. I like warming up with a normal but I never got warm.

forgrim

haha, i'm like in the exact same boat as achtius, its pretty funny. i played 4 today, and went +6, -4, +10, and my last game was +5 for a whopping 17 lp for the day.

i'm just glad i don't lose like 30 lp per loss and like 5 per win.

it'll be a slow climb to gold v (which is, like ach, my ultimate goal)

Boken

Banned
"[T]he United States acknowledges that Chinese on either side of the Taiwan Strait maintain there is but one China and that Taiwan is a part of China. The United States does not challenge that position."

tee hee

Yes, I'm here briefly for research, and then I'm headed back the States. An old friend of mine invited me to play one game, so I figured I could indulge in just one. The level of play is ridiculously low. I wish I could use my account. :(
Yeah well Taiwan server says no Chinese.

Is this because you are on a low level account? Level 1 on NA is pretty bad too

IsayFever

I'm always a little sad when Reba takes a great storytelling song and fucking ruins it with her shit voice and overuse of choir backing vocals.

Boken

Banned
I'm always a little sad when Reba takes a great storytelling song and fucking ruins it with her shit voice and overuse of choir backing vocals.

i know what you mean

this is cool: http://www.leaguevoice.com/
LeagueVoice is a browser based, peer-to-peer voice program designed specifically for League of Legend players. It allows you and your team mates communicate without sharing any personal information other than summoner names.
props to the duders that made it, but i dont see it kicking off too much. nobody wants to hear other ppl if they can help it

Yeah well Taiwan server says no Chinese.

Is this because you are on a low level account? Level 1 on NA is pretty bad too

Naw, I was on a level 30 account. According to friends that play here, normal games are ridiculously bad. People just have no sense of coordination or meta. The team I played against was

Yi
Garen
Tryndamere
Talon
Nautilus

Tryndamere and Nautilus top, Talon mid, Yi and Garen bot.

Oh yeah.

Subtle

Naw, I was on a level 30 account. According to friends that play here, normal games are ridiculously bad. People just have no sense of coordination or meta. The team I played against was

Yi
Garen
Tryndamere
Talon
Nautilus

Tryndamere and Nautilus top, Talon mid, Yi and Garen bot.

Oh yeah.

That sounds so damn cool!

So I bought an XP boost to get myself through level 26, and i'm thinking about how im getting closer and closer to playing ranked. I wonder if I'll feel any ranked game anxiety. The only anxiety I feel currently is when I'm on the loading screen I just think "boy I hope they don't invade my jungle"

Once I get out of my placement matches I bet I'll be okay, but those are going to be nervewracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom