• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play more drafts, get used to playing a good pool for all roles then duo your way through the placement matches.

I haven't played blind pick since I was under level 20, so I'm way ahead of you there. Wouldn't duoing through placements screw up where I get placed, though? Both of my IRL friends that play League are in the Gold V/Silver I level.

I haven't played blind pick since I was under level 20, so I'm way ahead of you there. Wouldn't duoing through placements screw up where I get placed, though? Both of my IRL friends that play League are in the Gold V/Silver I level.
Nothing wrong if you can play on their level. I solo'd all my placements and regretted it. I ended up 6-4, but 3 of the losses were trollfests. It's not because they're just bad or can't play many champs/roles. They just genuinely wanted to ruin the game.

I duo queued for my friend for all his placements and got him to Gold V. I think we went 9-1?

Nothing wrong if you can play on their level. I solo'd all my placements and regretted it. I ended up 6-4, but 3 of the losses were trollfests. It's because they're just bad or can't play many champs/roles. They genuinely wanted to ruin the game.

I duo queued for my friend for all his placements and got him to Gold V. I think we went 9-1?

Maybe I'll play some normals with them sometime soon to see if I can play at that level.

I was just in a normals draft game and was playing support against a Silver II corki, and I had five kills at the end of laning, so who knows. Not sure how deep the matchmaking pool is for draft at this time of night, so this could mean nothing. There was also a Silver IV Fizz that ended the game 19/2/4 on the other team.

Who honestly cares about the duration of Rengar's ult? Remember the Twitch rework? Riot said that long stealth was bad design so they shortened it and made it far more practical by frontloading the ASPD buff.

Boken

Banned
Pretty much. It's like...god. Good lord, there's a reason why DotA fans shit all over league constantly.

i think you should just wait for the dust to settle, because you sound very kneejerky right now.

dota has had their fair share of makeovers due to toxic kits, and some heroes getting multiple changes

dota fans that constantly shit on league is because
1. they have tall poppy syndrome
2. pendragon slighted them

i have to get used to the delay on Lulu's spells. I missed so many polymorphs in the game I just played because it's weirdly delayed. Maybe I just don't know the range well enough.

Loving her though. Got my vayne fed and was making plays with the polymorph and ulti. I might start maxing E second though, I feel like it almost does nothing at level 1.

Edit: ...I play Trundle :( The problem is that he doesn't have super hard CC like Naut, Zac, and Jarvan do. He just has his Pillar, which is great for ganks and for separating the enemy team, but it doesn't do much as far as getting the whole team locked down enough to win teamfights.

i think you should just wait for the dust to settle, because you sound very kneejerky right now.

dota has had their fair share of makeovers due to toxic kits, and some heroes getting multiple changes

The problem is.

The dust has settled.

Karma remake.
Not played often. Very meh remake.

Trundle remake.
Still not played even with the 'Suprah cool look'. Even with the huge buffs.

The Rengar remake is starting to sound more of the same. It's not a kneejerky response, it's a sustained take in of all the information they've given us and an analysis of it.

And it's that keyword-'Toxic'. That Riot has coined to represent something that's bad or that they don't like. Whether it's a kit, a champions look, or how people talk in the game, that is another issue upon itself. Believe me, In my years of playing this game, this year has been 'Maybe they'll do it next patch...'. They haven't. And they seem to be continuing their steamroll.

For example-Jayce has been a pretty damned powerful pick across all levels for a few months now. And no nerf in sight. Master Yi does good the first week? Quick disable him in LCS and nerf him next patch.

If anyone is doing a kneejerk reaction, it's Riot with their nerfs. And unfortunately, any good will they've had with the community has been drained from me these past few months. I still enjoy it, but I hate where the game will eventually be headed. At this point I just wait for Riot to call something 'Toxic' or throw around 'Burden of Knowledge' for their defense.

New champs/reworks are always disabled for 4 weeks.

I know ._.; Still, the thing that got to me the most was the knee jerk reaction after a few days that apparently Master Yi was overpowered in lower elo play but did bad in Higher elo...so they nerfed him.

It's like...ok, I get you want to make a game everyone can play, but when you lock champions behind a grind wall(I'm not complaining, I own every champion) and then nerf based on making every champion counterable by every other champion(Their design philosophy and choice if anything else), it's like...it creates this gray ooze of gameplay where sooner or later everything will be the same and there will be no uniqueness anymore. It's a wonder that they've nerfed plenty of champions because of high level plays(Upcoming Jayce nerfs, Vayne(? Have these gone through yet or not?) nerfs, Elise nerfs, Kennen nerfs, etc.) all because they're the only ones being picked in high level play...but you still have only those same 20 or so champions being picked/banned.

When Dig played Xin Zhao and Panth, I was happy. When Dig played AP Yi, and won, I was happy. Because they tried something different and succeeded. Sadly those are literally the only examples(Let's not get into VES with their picks after they got dropped from the ladder..) that did well and showed some variety.

someone teach me how to play riven
The_Bloodthirster_item.png
Guardian_Angel_item.png

Boken

Banned
The problem is.

The dust has settled.

Karma remake.
Not played often. Very meh remake.

Trundle remake.

The Rengar remake is starting to sound more of the same. It's not a kneejerky response, it's a sustained take in of all the information they've given us and an analysis of it.

And it's that keyword-'Toxic'. That Riot has coined to represent something that's bad or that they don't like. Whether it's a kit, a champions look, or how people talk in the game, that is another issue upon itself. Believe me, In my years of playing this game, this year has been 'Maybe they'll do it next patch...'. They haven't. And they seem to be continuing their steamroll.

For example-Jayce has been a pretty damned powerful pick across all levels for a few months now. And no nerf in sight. Master Yi does good the first week? Quick disable him in LCS and nerf him next patch.

If anyone is doing a kneejerk reaction, it's Riot with their nerfs. And unfortunately, any good will they've had with the community has been drained from me these past few months. I still enjoy it, but I hate where the game will eventually be headed. At this point I just wait for Riot to call something 'Toxic' or throw around 'Burden of Knowledge' for their defense.
karma remake ill give you, but trundle was barely touched, you even admit that it was a buff - that simply means people just arent that interested in an ogre/troll. so that wasnt anything.

i dont know why you are giving me that spiel about toxic, im saying that there were things dota deemed toxic too and changed the hero.

is riven good? someone teach me how to play riven

low ping champion
dont do it
if you insist, watch some best riven NA tournament videos. lots of riven tricks in there

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

3. riot slighted them
4. tencent slighted them

bububububububut it's an action-strategy game maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Also I like Karma :/

------------------

Making of Lucian video.

Lucian coming soon maybe? Considering Gamescom is this week they'll need to have a patch out with the new skins they'll be giving out (Riot Blitz and possibly Arcade Hecarim), so maybe he'll finally be released? Although PBE changes haven't been up very long.

Lucian WHERe?!

Boken

Banned
you guys ready for GAMES COM???

Heres some mobile phone pics of the setup

Follow the progress of qualifiers around the world:

Time until the next Season 3 Qualifiers Event - International Wild Card Tournament at GAMESCOM
t1377068400z4.png

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
bububububububut it's an action-strategy game maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Also I like Karma :/

------------------

Making of Lucian video.

Lucian coming soon maybe? Considering Gamescom is this week they'll need to have a patch out with the new skins they'll be giving out (Riot Blitz and possibly Arcade Hecarim), so maybe he'll finally be released? Although PBE changes haven't been up very long.

Lucian WHERe?!

I really want to play Lucian.... T_T

Also, does anyone find his name ironic?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i have to get used to the delay on Lulu's spells. I missed so many polymorphs in the game I just played because it's weirdly delayed. Maybe I just don't know the range well enough.

Loving her though. Got my vayne fed and was making plays with the polymorph and ulti. I might start maxing E second though, I feel like it almost does nothing at level 1.

Edit: ...I play Trundle :( The problem is that he doesn't have super hard CC like Naut, Zac, and Jarvan do. He just has his Pillar, which is great for ganks and for separating the enemy team, but it doesn't do much as far as getting the whole team locked down enough to win teamfights.
Lulu has no spell delay. I dunno where you guys get this from. You can max lots of different stuff on her, it's mostly situational. If there is one high priority target then the polymorph is good, but if you are just blocking general damage E can be better second (or even first).

Trundle has his own strengths. The amount of stats he steals is really high, he is can out-duel pretty much any other jungler, and his tower pushing is probably the best of any jungler.
Trundle remake.
Most of the changes were simple quality of life fixes. Trundle isn't played right now just because he doesn't often fit well into what teams need and other champions are too good at doing that right now. This isn't an issue with the remake, but Trundle serves a specialized role and people like J4 are one size fits all junglers.
They need to bring champions up, not nerf champions down.
No. There are only a few outliers when it comes to champions that are too strong. Frankly it is not even feasible to bring like every other jungler up to J4/Zac strength.

scy

Lulu has no spell delay. I dunno where you guys get this from. You can max lots of different stuff on her, it's mostly situational. If there is one high priority target then the polymorph is good, but if you are just blocking general damage E can be better second (or even first).

Worth noting that there is an awkwardness in delays with her passive and auto-attacks. At >2.0 ASPD, Pix starts losing bolts. Not that that's really relevant to this discussion but, hey.

And I believe the Polymorph delay he's speaking of is that it's not an on-cast ability but has a projectile. That's my assumption, anyway. Was one of the things I didn't really notice until I picked Lulu up for 3s.

drawkcaB

Trundle has his own strengths. The amount of stats he steals is really high, he is can out-duel pretty much any other jungler, and his tower pushing is probably the best of any jungler.

Most of the changes were simple quality of life fixes. Trundle isn't played right now just because he doesn't often fit well into what teams need and other champions are too good at doing that right now. This isn't an issue with the remake, but Trundle serves a specialized role and people like J4 are one size fits all junglers.

Pretty much this. Playing Trundle is fun as shit though. Tanky as hell, two game changing abilities if you picked him into the right situation, and Riot really nailed his VU.

garath

Pretty much this. Playing Trundle is fun as shit though. Tanky as hell, two game changing abilities if you picked him into the right situation, and Riot really nailed his VU.

That's pretty much it. Trundle is fun. He doesn't work too strongly into many team comps as a jungler (though I've played him top to some success before, stomped an Aatrox) but just so much fun. Good dueling, good counter jungling, decent ganking, esp once you get blade.

drawkcaB

I love those Trundle moments: teamfight breaks out in the jungle and the opposing team only has one tank to soak damage. Activate ult. Place pillar. You destroy the other team to bits. Your team may go on about the damage from the carries, but you know man, you just know "I won that fight because I pick like a God". Good times.

DeadNames

Banned
I have figured out Xerath.

Oh my, Rylais will absolutely tear anyone apart on that guy. All I need are a few good ganks and boom... Endless destruction.

Bought Shyvanna. She's faaaaaaaast. Mobility is insane with Burnout + Mobes. Ult felt like it had zero cooldown. Counterjungled the hell out of Shaco. I was just zipping across the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom