• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Yes, the OGN quarter final boken mentioned is by far the best in the past 2-3 weeks. But you need a subscription to watch the vods.

theres always the korean channel.

some of the superweek matches were pretty crazy. but there were too many for me to remember any specifics.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
jax versus nasus is really hard. i guess i don't really know how to play that matchup.

Boken

Banned
jax versus nasus is really hard. i guess i don't really know how to play that matchup.

were you nasus

Disneyish lol fanart. (by http://raichiyo33.deviantart.com/gallery/)
slyly_cleverish_by_raichiyo33-d6ct5ed.jpg

sunbathing_leona_by_raichiyo33-d6icm0f.jpg

shyvy_by_raichiyo33-d653sb4.jpg
Census
lolgaf players list:
[Google Form]
[Spreadsheet]

Time until the next Season 3 Qualifiers Event - International Wild Card Tournament
t1377068400z4.png

Learn more about the wildcard teams: http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split2/articles/road-worlds-international-wildcard-preview

Boken

Banned
I was Jax first pick. And then this guy decided to take normals super seriously and picked Nasus.
What happened? I just imagine it to be a farm off. At best you could trade auto attacks, but post six if you combine the ult passive proc on third hit followed up by an AA reset with w you'd end up out trading him. Otherwise, I can only see you losing if you are all ining him whenever he has wither up
They weren't any good though. A lot of sloppy performances resulted in some crazy fights.
Yeah, sloppy but fun to watch!

dimb

What happened? I just imagine it to be a farm off. At best you could trade auto attacks, but post six if you combine the ult passive proc on third hit followed up by an AA reset with w you'd end up out trading him. Otherwise, I can only see you losing if you are all ining him whenever he has wither up
It was fairly even in farm up until a point. He outscaled me really hard and there weren't good opportunities to trade because I was afraid of Eve coming in. If I did trade he would just lifesteal back ahead in a safe area of the lane.

So suppose I take Eve jungling. What should I build? Her abilities tempt me to try various different techniques, and I'm so dodgy with her that I don't want to go in there unprepared.

(More specifically, what should I *aim* to have, most games, assuming I don't get screwed or make hilarious mistakes?)

Also, again, oh my god the new Master Yi. Playing him is just crazy.

Q8D3vil

So suppose I take Eve jungling. What should I build? Her abilities tempt me to try various different techniques, and I'm so dodgy with her that I don't want to go in there unprepared.

(More specifically, what should I *aim* to have, most games, assuming I don't get screwed or make hilarious mistakes?)

Also, again, oh my god the new Master Yi. Playing him is just crazy.

Elder lizard
huanting guise (which u will upgrade to LT later).
sorc boots

this is the core build

Edwardo

Had a game last night that I was Kha'Zix and I was going against Nasus top. I died once to him in lane, but other than that it was pretty much just a farm fast. I max Q first and any time Nasus would leave his minions I would aa-q-aa-w then e away, but after a while in-lane it wasn't doing much dmg. We both had the river warded, so we weren't very susceptible to ganks. For most of the lane, he was just farming his Q so I was just trying to stay even with his cs. I actually got ahead of him for most of the game.

The game got to the point in teamfights that I could assassinate one or two of their squishies, but by the time that happened my team would be dead from Nasus popping his ult and dropping Q-bombs on them. They also were staying grouped, so I couldn't catch them out alone.

Any suggestions on what else I could have done in lane to stop him from farming?

I was Jax first pick. And then this guy decided to take normals super seriously and picked Nasus.

Jax shits on Nasus. It's not even close. Just keep hitting him. He can only Q once in a while before he levels it.

Count your procs, use AA > W > AA into jump and keep smacking him until he has to run. Don't fight in the fire and build lifesteal to counter his. Just be relentless.

Letting him only trade with Q up or letting him farm is playing his game. Also, run ghost and ignite and all in him by getting lvl 3 first. Also, your E negates all damage from his Q. One of the few instances where I would get a red pot and cheese.

Actually, the damage that comes from Q isnt dodged.

Nasus can duel Jax if the latter decides to duel early on. You cant not duel outside Spirit Fire if Nasus is in the middle. He also has a long ASPD debuff and innate 14% lifesteal.

Jax beats Nasus at some point in the game (mid to pre-latelategame). Nasus would need to itemize against Jax to keep up with him at those points though.

garath

I've been keeping a log on my LP gains in div 1 because frankly, i'm wondering if it truly is as bad as lots have described (the league forums has six billion posts on this).

and so far...+6, -4, +10, +5, +8, +11, +12 = 48

has anyone gained +20 > in div 1? i feel like the +'s are every little, but if the -'s are little, its semi doable, just slow as molasses. i swear tho, if i lose one and its -20, i'll agree with ELOHELL remarks on the forums.

After going 7-3 in my promos, I got put in Silver II. From there my record improved to 21-7. I was getting 20-30 lp for a win in both Silver II and Silver I. I bounced around 90 lp in Silver I then slid in an epic losing streak.

Either way, I just got promoted back to Silver I last night and my first game net me +13lp. I'm on a 5 game win streak and have been watching my MMR improve with each successive win. As the MMR improves, the LP gains should improve.

Obviously all of this is not as applicable because the swings are going to be higher in the first 100 games. I'm up to 74? games in ranked this season so I'm sure the system is still trying to figure out where I belong. My MMR improved way faster than it would have if I was 300 games in I'm sure. I went from playing with Silver II and Silver I people to playing with Gold V-II people.

The small gains and losses you're seeing says the system has a pretty high confidence you're about where you should be. I've read a Rioter say that successive wins are the most reliable way to gain MMR and LP. Any sort of streak shows the system you are better/worse than your current MMR.

le bip

Neo Member
Question @Boken: How do I modify my insertion on the lolgaf players list? I'm no longer in the same division and I want you all to know how bad I am, without having my name recurring more than once.

I've been keeping a log on my LP gains in div 1 because frankly, i'm wondering if it truly is as bad as lots have described (the league forums has six billion posts on this).

has anyone gained +20 > in div 1? i feel like the +'s are every little, but if the -'s are little, its semi doable, just slow as molasses. i swear tho, if i lose one and its -20, i'll agree with ELOHELL remarks on the forums.

mine in bronze 1 are (over the last few games)

+3 +4 +3 +3 +3 +5 + 3 + 5

- 19 - 22 -12

Leezard

I've gotten +25 to +30 while in both gold I and plat I.

Ocho

That moment when Zed is my ADC and we win the game. If you think about it, Zed only needed to shutdown the ADC during teamfights. Unfortunately we were up against Vayne + Lulu, so it didn't work as spectacularly as planned, but we still won the game. (50+ kills on both sides). This was ranked.

Also: TP + Revive Karthus.

Actually, the damage that comes from Q isnt dodged.

Nasus can duel Jax if the latter decides to duel early on. You cant not duel outside Spirit Fire if Nasus is in the middle. He also has a long ASPD debuff and innate 14% lifesteal.

Jax beats Nasus at some point in the game (mid to pre-latelategame). Nasus would need to itemize against Jax to keep up with him at those points though.

I thought Q counted as AA. My bad.

Concerning wither, it doesn't do much early game and neither does fire. Also, AS debuffs don't hurt Jax much because he has two AA resets.

Nasus can spam Q all day but if he has to use his other spells, he'll go oom REAL fast and get shoved out of lane early.

I've played that matchup at least 6 times, one against a diamond, and never lost. I'm not even that good with Jax.

Most of the time I was 1-2 levels ahead with a kill or several.a

Here's how to level 3 cheese Nasus with Jax. Note I pull this off almost every time. I run 27 offense 3 utility on Jax. AD quints, hybrid pen marks, armor yellow, and CD glyphs. You can start red pot or not, but red pot makes it way easier.

Start AAing minions immediately and rush lvl 3. You want to time it so the wave is still about midway in the lane and you hit it right before him. Every time he tries to CS and you can, use an AA > W combo and if he used his Q and you don't have a lot of minion aggro, KEEP hitting him. Try not to use Q as it burns mana you will need to do your full lvl 3 combo.

The second you have lvl 3, start your combo. If you get AA > W > AA in and he hasn't run yet or tried to trade, he is 100% dead.

Ignite, pot, and ghost. The trick is to time the stun so he can't flash it. If he also took ghost/ignite, he's totally dead. Even if he withers, you have your jump.

If for some reason he gets out, he'll have to base and lose a ton of cs to the tower. Grab a dorans and the lane is a nightmare for him from there as long as you bully as hard as possible.

LogicStep

Man, me and my friends went over to the latin america server and the players there are fucking assholes. 95% of them so far go ballistic when you die. Like, your first death in the game. If you don't play to perfection the call you out and say you're shitty. WTF is up with these people? My ping is way lower now but I didn't have to deal with so many dicks back in NA. :'( Getting to the point were I don't even want to play if we don't have all 5 people for a premade.

scy

Riven is a lot of early aggression and early advantages. Essentially, you want to be a minion up on your opponent in lane at the start so you hit 2 before them. It takes 7 minions (3 melee, 3 caster, 1 anything) to hit that first level so just work around it. Ideally, you want that last minion between you and your lane opponent so you can Q through the minion to kill it, instantly skill up W, and then all-in them from there.

But, as for general play stuff, just remember to weave auto attacks in whenever you can after using skills. Her entire kit is based around that so try to avoid QQQ spam without attacking in between. They're changing her final Q so it doesn't knockback but I'd still get in the habit of positioning your last Q so you land in front of them so you have the better spacing available to you. Additionally, don't forget to cancel her R animation by immediately using her E after starting it. Her ult is still fairly low cooldown so it's still a great way to just randomly force your opponent to back out of lane (if not just outright get the kill).

Skill path is generally QWEQ; R>Q>W>E or R>Q>E>W if you need the better shield for approaches. Item start is either Rejuv Potions Wards or Cloth Armor Potions. Alternatively, you can just go all-in at the start with a Red Pot start but I wouldn't advise that for learning her. Item build is pretty much just ADADADADADAD.

Well, just a tip, but flash+third broken wing is great for finishing people.

Minor thing but you can third Broken Wing -> Flash so you land the actual Q with the Flash rather than Flash and then cast it. For most purposes (e.g., chasing an escape) it's not really relevant but it comes in handy if you want to cut out the reaction time between Flash -> Q so they can't just Flash your Flash.

I like this Vi person.

Okay so far I've tried Vi and LeBlanc. Who should I go for next. I can't say I have any style preferences, so long as kicking ass is part of the recipe.

Einbroch

Banned
Don't pick Ashe, she's like a knockoff Drow. Except bad.

Darius is (was?) free. Pick him. Lots of dunks, lots of fun. I also recommend Elise. Elise can blow people up.

Don't pick Ashe, she's like a knockoff Drow. Except bad.

Darius is (was?) free. Pick him. Lots of dunks, lots of fun. I also recommend Elise. Elise can blow people up.

ty kind sir. I'll give those 2 a run.

also, thank the lord for lolking. I'da been building the wrong stuff if not for that site.

edit: damn, none of those are available for me. I have:

Anne, Corki, Ezreal, Garagus, Janna, Kayle, Nasus, Nadilee, Rumble, Silvir, Skara, Sorna, Vi, Viktor, and one other.

Einbroch

Banned
Anne, Corki, Ezreal, Garagus, Janna, Kayle, Nasus, Nadilee, Rumble, Silvir, Skara, Sorna, Vi, Viktor, and one other.

Nidalee is all about her spear. Her Q is a skillshot that does INSANE damage the farther away the enemy is. She's fun for that, and she's a shapshifter, which means she has six abilities. I personally have more fun going AD, meaning her spear and heal sucks, but her cougar abilities rip people apart.

Viktor is awesome. His E is the longest poke in the game (outside Kog ult) and his W is one of the best CC abilities in the game. My current favorite champion o' the month.

Rumble is boring, but his ult is incredibly strong and satisfying to land.

Also, your mispellings are hilarious, intentional or not.

scy

Nidalee is all about her spear. Her Q is a skillshot that does INSANE damage the farther away the enemy is. She's fun for that, and she's a shapshifter, which means she has six abilities. I personally have more fun going AD, meaning her spear and heal sucks, but her cougar abilities rip people apart.

Just to note, her Cougar abilities are all AP besides Takedown (Q).

Einbroch

Banned
Just to note, her Cougar abilities are all AP besides Takedown (Q).

Yeah, but they don't scale as well as her Q and your auto attacks between do more damage. But yeah, those abilities don't do much. I mostly just use her W to get in range.

AP is better, probably, but it's not as fun.

dimb

people getting mad over not getting mid in champ select. they choose poppy and say they'll go mid no matter what. they go vs. ahri. annie goes top. this game is weird.

Viktor is awesome. His E is the longest poke in the game (outside Kog ult) and his W is one of the best CC abilities in the game. My current favorite champion o' the month.

Rumble is boring, but his ult is incredibly strong and satisfying to land.

Also, your mispellings are hilarious, intentional or not.

okay ty! so far the only one I've lost with is Viktor. went 15/11/13 with him. was a tough match.

also, I don't know if it's Windows 8 or what, but this game crashes almost every time it starts to load the screen after selections. like, I have to restart the game 2 - 4 times to get it to start working, shutting down LoL's 3 or 4 processes each time. shit sucks.

Boken

Banned
Damn, Kayle just shits on people. Well, bad people at least.
Rush lich bane and then death cap for a hilarious amount of burst.

Don't listen to Einbroch though, rumble is a G. League style resource management and positional requirement on Q

Ezreal is a skillshotzzzz carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom