• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, just a normal match. that's why you get people pleading for their team to win because it's their promo match and then reports everyone when they lose.

Sounds like the worst thing ever.

I'll be honest if someone asked me to win because they were up for a promotion I'd probably just dick around that game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sounds like the worst thing ever.

I'll be honest if someone asked me to win because they were up for a promotion I'd probably just dick around that game.
i never say i'm in a promo series. usually people only comment on stuff like that after the match, although once in a while you'll get people saying stuff about how it's their promo match and they really need to win.

Newt

I don't agree with that. I doubt it really matters if you tell someone you're in promos. People don't really care about that kind of stuff, they just play.

jerd

Lost my last game to finish 7-3. Kind of a bummer after starting 6-0. Starting in Silver II. Probably for the best. Considering I only have about 75 games on the map I probably don't deserve gold.

garath

Lost my last game to finish 7-3. Kind of a bummer after starting 6-0. Starting in Silver II. Probably for the best. Considering I only have about 75 games on the map I probably don't deserve gold.

Good finish anyways! You'll climb quick. Early games grant a lot of lp.

Mothman91

fml

fml_zpsb0edd205.png

My condolences, I was in that same situation :c
But I won my fifth game :D

And did y'all see that Dyrus vs Reginald confrontation they had during Dyrus's stream?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A1_QeDvWGk&feature=youtu.be

Edit: It also apparently made their scrims against C9 cancel.
Hai Lam ‏@Hai_L9

Lol, @LoLDyrus is MIA so TSM had to cancel their scrims with us.... >_>....

Mothman91

This reginald dude is a complete douchenugget.

Yeah, don't think Dyrus could've said anything bc he's the manager/owner of the team. Also he might be under contract and who knows what kind of shit is in his contract that he doesn't know about if he does leave.

And I'm pretty sure the majority of the LoL community hate him.

Ashhong

Regi is definitely a bully. But to be fair, Dyrus's apology didnt sound genuine at all. But to be even more fair, he didn't need to apologize in the first place.

Fuck you Regi.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Regi is a power tripping asshole. No one deserves to be treated like that.

Regi is definitely a bully. But to be fair, Dyrus's apology didnt sound genuine at all. But to be even more fair, he didn't need to apologize in the first place.

Fuck you Regi.

Have you watched Dyrus' stream before? He always talks like that.

Ashhong

Regi is a power tripping asshole. No one deserves to be treated like that.

Have you watched Dyrus' stream before? He always talks like that.

Nah don't really watch Dyrus. It just sounds like he's just saying it and doesn't mean it.

But like I said, he shouldn't have to apologize in the first place.

Still just learning here (level 10 on oceania servers) but had my first great game, was 29/10 (with most of the deaths near the end) but we lost... I was dominating the other team 1v3 etc but the rest of my team fell far behind in levels. When I was level 18, their warwick was 16. When he finally got to 18 our warwick was level 14 and katarina level 12.

Had so much money I didn't know what to do, by the end I had like 3000 each time I died and nothing to spend it on.

Guess now I know how my friends feel when I play with them (their all level 30s in silver etc) haha. I played as Tryndamere, my first game with him where I wasn't terrible.

I'm only playing top lane at this point, I've already bought Garen, Warwick and Tryndamere. Planning on buying Nautilus, Xin, Renekton and maybe Jarvan/Jax/Darius etc. Any other notable top laners? I should probably try out Nasus?

Nautilus is a pretty bad laner. He belongs in the jungle.

Lanewick can work in specific matchups, but generally not a good pick. He's easy to bully and his mana costs are through the roof.

Newt

Still just learning here (level 10 on oceania servers) but had my first great game, was 29/10 (with most of the deaths near the end) but we lost... I was dominating the other team 1v3 etc but the rest of my team fell far behind in levels. When I was level 18, their warwick was 16. When he finally got to 18 our warwick was level 14 and katarina level 12.

Had so much money I didn't know what to do, by the end I had like 3000 each time I died and nothing to spend it on.

Guess now I know how my friends feel when I play with them (their all level 30s in silver etc) haha. I played as Tryndamere, my first game with him where I wasn't terrible.

I'm only playing top lane at this point, I've already bought Garen, Warwick and Tryndamere. Planning on buying Nautilus, Xin, Renekton and maybe Jarvan/Jax/Darius etc. Any other notable top laners? I should probably try out Nasus?
Renek is a really consistent strong top laner. I would say to get him first.

I hate Riots new 'Oh I see you got reported, here's a little warning'.

What, I can't call out people for being bad? That's a bad thing now? I can't tell people optimal builds for when they're 1/8 as a jungler? With Mobility boots?

And here I was, thinking America was coddling children too much.

Boken

Banned
I hate Riots new 'Oh I see you got reported, here's a little warning'.

What, I can't call out people for being bad? That's a bad thing now? I can't tell people optimal builds for when they're 1/8 as a jungler? With Mobility boots?

And here I was, thinking America was coddling children too much.

i dont get it

just sounds like you hate report system in general

Newt

The major PBE changes for those of you interested.

Draven
Context: Right now we know that Draven's passive can feel a little more powerful - both functionally and visually - so we're experimenting with it to see if we can get it to a better place while making it more relevant later in the game. Another note is that this change may not make it in this upcoming patch.
League of Draven
- Now consumes all stacks on kill to reward Draven with gold, up from only consuming half.
- Visuals and sounds for League of Draven play on every Draven kill, instead of only playing on kills that consume a large number of stacks.

Fiora
Context: Fiora players have suffered for some time with how unreliable Blade Waltz is as an ultimate ability (it can even be interrupted if she loses vision). We've made some changes that will help her quality of life when using Blade Waltz.
Blade Waltz
- Will now choose untargetable and invisible targets if necessary to continue Blade Waltz. If Fiora needs to jump to such a target to continue the Blade Waltz, she will do so, though Fiora will still fail to deal damage to untargetable/invisible units to which she jumps.

Olaf
* Special Context: These changes are in a high state of flux, so providing a direct summary and/or context post won’t be enough here. Instead we’ll focus on our overarching goals and will provide more insight as we go.

Our core problem with Olaf has been that, when played well, his kit allowed him to circumvent a lot of healthy gameplay interactions within League of Legends. A good Olaf played well was entirely dependent on his player's skill level (since his kit had built-in mechanics to ignore relevant counterplay). These changes are to make Olaf more powerful while still giving his opponents options to learn and play against him.

We’ll discuss the difficulties of balancing around Olaf in the future, but for now our goals are to create more gameplay and counterplay within Olaf’s kit so that he remains true to his character design, but isn’t an overpowering presence within the competitive scene like before.
General
- Base Mana moderately reduced
- Mana per level moderately reduced
- Attack Speed per level moderately reduced
- Attack Damage per level moderately reduced
Undertow
- Base Damage moderately reduced
- Slow Percent moderately increased
- Slow Duration moderately reduced (based on distance traveled)
- Slow no longer decays
- Minimum distance added
- Axes now stick in walls and structures only if they would land in impassible terrain
- Axes now make jungle monsters ignore unit collision to enable Olaf's Axe pickup play in the jungle better
Vicious Strikes
- Mana cost significantly reduced at later levels (to a flat cost across all ranks)
- Now provides % extra healing for every __% health Olaf is missing
- Health ratio removed from AD component
- Base Damage significantly increased
- Lifesteal minorly reduced
- Spellvamp removed
Reckless Swing
- Cooldown moderately increased
- Damage moderately reduced reduced (more at later ranks)
- Bonus AD ratio added
- Cost is equal to __% of total damage dealt (unchanged ratio)
- Basic attacks lower the cooldown of Reckless Swing
Ragnarok
- Cooldown changed to be higher at lower levels and lower at later levels
- Mana Cost removed
- Now provides Armor / Magic Resistance passively
- Active Reworked: Now removes the passive portion of the ability while active, grants a significant AD bonus
- Olaf now turns Red when Ragnarok is active
- Retains his immunity to disables

Boken

Banned
It's more irritating how you have to wait for everyone to confirm the match when one person already declined.
this is so that if there is another afk in the queue, they get kicked out
Man the matchmaking in this game makes no sense. Why disband a game just because one person declined, just offer another player the spot.
doesnt make it much faster, because that person needs extra time to accept.
matchmaking is done by groups, because the system uses team MMR. its easier to just restart and add that person to the pool

I am just not a fit for this game.
just play ahri

Boken

Banned
Nah, i'm just not flexible with roles. I think that is really important.
what roles do you play then? why cant you try other roles?
===================================================

p8vGWrr.png

t1377331200z4.png

Streams: [twitch.tv] | [youtube] | [azubu]

Todays Schedule for EU REGIONALS
Relegation - NiP v ATN - the loser will go to the up and down matches for season 4, winner gets to stay in the EU LCS
Two World Championship Spots - LD v GMB and EG v LD - winners go to the world championships, lowers faceoff in the 3rd place match for the last spot.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
what roles do you play then? why cant you try other roles?
Well when we played together a bit, I think I was attempting Sona but doing poorly.

I still enjoy Lux and Katarina but obviously I can't always be a mid. Those champs also have pretty simple to understand abilities and combos.

I just think if I even have difficulty doing well as Sona, I don't really have much room for improvement anymore.

Boken

Banned
Well when we played together a bit, I think I was attempting Sona but doing poorly.

I still enjoy Lux and Katarina but obviously I can't always be a mid. Those champs also have pretty simple to understand abilities and combos.

I just think if I even have difficulty doing well as Sona, I don't really have much room for improvement anymore.

people say support is simple, but its not. you have to do a lot with very little. sona is pretty squishy, so she takes skill to play on the edge to maximise your effectiveness while being made of paper.

if you can play lux, youll be fine with many champions (e.g. leona is a skillshot based support, or thresh)

ranged carries are pretty simple too.

Good lord it's like they're just destroying Olaf.

"We found Olaf was too good in killing the ADC. So we're nerfing every aspect about him. Less damage on Q, less LS and no SV on his W, increase the CD and lower the damage on his E, but we gave him armor, MR, and damage on his ult again! But he loses the armor/MR while his ult is active. And now he's a big red target while it's active. OLAF-FIXED."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom