• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any gaffers thave have extra tickets to the Staples Center finals? I already had flight + hotel booked but got the error during the ticket queue. I see tier 3 seats on stubhub for 350+ but if anyone has an extra laying around I would make it worthwhile. Especially now that Gambit has qualified I really want to go.

drawkcaB

The early dive at bot was the best bit. Somehow got a 3-0 out from it. Diamond just dived Cait to split her from everyone. Really quick ult from Froggen but it wasn't enough.

His "quick ult" ported him into a cataclysm/bullet time combo. He did this twice. Froggen should give up on TF, he's not that kind of player. Ditto Wickd on Kennen. He whiffed three ults that game.

Anyone know why Liss suddenly fell off the face of the earth in EU? She hasn't been touched and would have been a great fit in lots of the comps that were being run.

bjaelke

Anyone know why Liss suddenly fell off the face of the earth in EU? She hasn't been touched and would have been a great fit in lots of the comps that were being run.
She's banned from LCS along with Yi and Rengar.

And Wickd played a great Kennen against Alternate.

DeadNames

Banned
His "quick ult" ported him into a cataclysm/bullet time combo. He did this twice. Froggen should give up on TF, he's not that kind of player. Ditto Wickd on Kennen. He whiffed three ults that game.

I think there's a glitch with CSS and her ult that causes her to get hurt, therefore getting her banned from the LCS.

Leezard

Are these people in game or in client?

They specify "active players" and "play hours" in the same infographic, while not using the word "players" for the total number of accounts registered.
There is one thing that can determine it being in game or in client though; it's the comparison with Steam: Riot claims 650 000 peak concurrent players on Friday 10/5/2012 for Steam top 100 games, and uses 3 million concurrent players for League in the comparison. The metric should be in game for Steam, as it would be pointless to mention the top 100 games otherwise (I'd guess it would be simple to confirm whether there were 650 000 users in game or in client for Steam considering the open data Valve provides).

Granted, it is entirely possible that it is in client. The answer is that we don't know for sure.

They specify "active players" and "play hours" in the same infographic, while not using the word "players" for the total number of accounts registered.
There is one thing that can determine it being in game or in client though; it's the comparison with Steam: Riot claims 650 000 peak concurrent players on Friday 10/5/2012 for Steam top 100 games, and uses 3 million concurrent players for League in the comparison. The metric should be in game for Steam, as it would be pointless to mention the top 100 games otherwise (I'd guess it would be simple to confirm whether there were 650 000 users in game or in client for Steam considering the open data Valve provides).

Granted, it is entirely possible that it is in client. The answer is that we don't know for sure.

Fairly certain public Steam stats aren't actually playing. Eg, TF2 main menu. I don't know if it's the same case for DotA 2.

drawkcaB

She's banned from LCS along with Yi and Rengar.

And Wickd played a great Kennen against Alternate.

Didn't know that about Liss. And yes his Kennen was great in that game, but when it's all on the line do you really want him to play a champ he's said on several occasions that he doesn't like? It's a highly stressful situation enough to be in without needing additional doubt pilled on.

bjaelke

Didn't know that about Liss. And yes his Kennen was great in that game, but when it's all on the line do you really want him to play a champ he's said on several occasions that he doesn't like? It's a highly stressful situation enough to be in without needing additional doubt pilled on.

The boy only likes Aatrox and Zac.

drawkcaB

Should've let him play those then. His play in the first two games was better. Or Malphite and Renekton which he also played in previous matches during the playoffs. If you're arguing that his champ pool is limited in terms of variety, then yeah, I agree completely. That's a problem throughout most of EG.

Boken

Banned
Anyone else unable to hear the login music/voice bits? Even when I press the reload thing at the bottom right and enable/disable music it's still silent.
Sorry to hear that, heres the video so you can just watch it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uYX71glu6w

Any Canadians near Toronto?
Watch NA LCS at a Theatre with other esport lovers - 5$
mC8yASt.jpg

Any tips with Anivia?

I do well in early-mid game, usually going like 7/0. I farm usually well enough, unless the other mid laner is really aggresive, because I need to "feel" my pace to farm well with Anivia.

Then mid-late game comes, and next thing I know I'm now 7/4, or 7/6. (although with more assists)

I think I'll need to pay more attention to what I'm doing the next game I play with Anivia to see what's happening/what I'm doing wrong.

Hmm, I've played just a few games with Anivia, like 8 I think, and I have yet to build Tear of the Goddess with her, half of these games I was in soloQ and couldn't trust in my jungler giving me blue buff, and the other half I needed the MR from Chalice/Athene's. I know Riot made some changes to Tear, but I'm not sure if that affected how easy Anivia could stack it with blue buff + R.

I play her with mpen red, armor yellow, flat mr blue, 2 ms quints, 1 ap quint runes.

Teemo and Yi can eat a dick. Not that they've been any more of a problem than anyone else, but Jesus Christ, they're in 90% of the games I've played. Do people just not have other champs?

Boken

Banned
Any tips with Anivia?

I do well in early-mid game, usually going like 7/0. I farm usually well enough, unless the other mid laner is really aggresive, because I need to "feel" my pace to farm well with Anivia.

Then mid-late game comes, and next thing I know I'm now 7/4, or 7/6. (although with more assists)

I think I'll need to pay more attention to what I'm doing the next game I play with Anivia to see what's happening/what I'm doing wrong.

Hmm, I've played just a few games with Anivia, like 8 I think, and I have yet to build Tear of the Goddess with her, half of these games I was in soloQ and couldn't trust in my jungler giving me blue buff, and the other half I needed the MR from Chalice/Athene's. I know Riot made some changes to Tear, but I'm not sure if that affected how easy Anivia could stack it with blue buff + R.

I play her with mpen red, armor yellow, flat mr blue, 2 ms quints, 1 ap quint runes.
sounds like youre getting crushed in team fights
anivia has a terrible movement speed so you should probably aim at playing more defensively, perhaps suggesting to your team that they kite backwards a little so the enemy walks into your ultimate

Teemo and Yi can eat a dick. Not that they've been any more of a problem than anyone else, but Jesus Christ, they're in 90% of the games I've played. Do people just not have other champs?
master yi is affordable and strong and teemo is some kind of pseudo mascot that also happens to counter master yi (tho ppl probably dont think about that down there)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Out of curiosity do you play draft mode or is it available to you yet?

Out of curiosity do you play draft mode or is it available to you yet?

I've just been doing the blind pick. I can do draft, just haven't tried it yet.

I've been kicking a lot of scrub-tier ass in blind pick, so I haven't felt compelled to try out the other modes just yet.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've just been doing the blind pick. I can do draft, just haven't tried it yet.

I've been kicking a lot of scrub-tier ass in blind pick, so I haven't felt compelled to try out the other modes just yet.
Draft is the way to play at higher levels, and it can weed out some of the characters you find more problematic. Consider trying it out.

Q8D3vil

Man, back to playing Kayle and i feel that she is fucking broken.
Great lane bully, Heal and can switch to range with amazing splash to push and roam from mid.

bjaelke

Should've let him play those then. His play in the first two games was better. Or Malphite and Renekton which he also played in previous matches during the playoffs. If you're arguing that his champ pool is limited in terms of variety, then yeah, I agree completely. That's a problem throughout most of EG.

I agree with you. Problem that match was that both Zac and Aatrox were picked/banned away from him.

if people have mics I'll play some games with EUW GAF.

We need to start Mumbling. I'm so sick of Skype lag.

everybody's traditionally afk on the neogaf channel so just add people as they log in and insult them on chat to get a game started

that's how we roll in euw

That's how you roll and it hurts. :<

That's not completely true, Dob. Le bip is typically non-afk and courteous.

bip is cool guy. Saves me from Harshkeratops.

You're an exception, with Noobkeratops exchanging insults has the priority over playing together

So true.

We had some sweet, sweet games with EUW gaffers tonight. Too bad we could never be five at once.

>.> That was only about 33% my fault.

Nothing beats a good 4 way feeding session. I decided to continue the fun in ranked and lose my promos!

I was very close to doing some ranked feeding too, but was way tilted after getting all mad with myself in that last game.

Merovin

Any tips with Anivia?

I usually run 3 move quints on Anivia just because of how slow she is, so it makes her feel that much nicer. The loss of the AP doesn't matter that much because her base values are pretty damn nice.

In my opinion, tear is a much better build route on Anivia, getting that tear and Rod of Ages, while you're still going to have to manage your mana well, having a huge mana pool is amazing when it comes to long skirmishes, plus Seraphs and RoA stack really well together. She stacks the tear really fast once you hit 6 as well. Any time you recall or are in base, just leave the ult on to stack it.

It sounds like you know how to dominate the lane, as Boken said, it sounds like the problem is happening when it comes to team fights. I generally prefer to go Mercs or Swifts on Anivia, depending on the enemy team, as it gives you that little bit of extra safety mid/late game. Just focus on being defensive, kiting wherever possible and using your utility to force the enemy team into bad positions so you can take advantage and catch them (Ult wall, force them to run round and get the stun ready for the direction they run etc).

I was very close to doing some ranked feeding too, but was way tilted after getting all mad with myself in that last game.

You should have done it, it was totally worth the three losses for me... I didn't want to get into gold 3 anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom