• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

I was watching the match where KT was destroying them with Vayne/Zed/Vi/Malphite/Zyra. I think they were down 0-2, I'm guessing they're tied now? At school so hopefully I find a VOD later on.

Mothman91

I really want to watch that, but I think I'd rather wait and see the whole match...it's the last match right? The blind pick one? And can anyone tell me what time the NA matches start today?

Boken

Banned
I really want to watch that, but I think I'd rather wait and see the whole match...it's the last match right? The blind pick one? And can anyone tell me what time the NA matches start today?
this is the link to the countdown for the rebroadcast - watch the whole thing imo, but the final game starts 4 hours after the start http://esportcalendar.com/index.php?page=event&id=p40lj1tbbc2doqf046h5o4uvt8_20130901T160000Z
R9bKspS.png

NA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS @ PAX

Streams: [twitch.tv] | [youtube] | [azubu]

Day 2 - the winners on this day go to Worlds!
(CoL v TBD 3hrs before this!) (might start early! depends on how long CoL v TBD goes)
t1377979200z4.png

Relegation Match (loser goes to up-downs for season 4) - CLG v CRS
World Championship Spot 1 - Cloud 9 v Dignitas
World Championship Spot 2 - Vulcun v TSM

Day 3
(Spring Qualifiers Finals 3 hrs before this!)
t1378065600z4.png

World Championship Spot 3 - 3rd place match
NA Championship match (seeding purposes)

Bracket - Top 3 go to Worlds, 6th place goes to up and down matches for Season 4
y9sgM0t.png

lolesports - [Preview]

Spring Promotional Qualifiers
This qualifier tournament is to determine a team that will be able to play in the Season 4 Promotional matches to enter the LCS. There will be one match 3HRS before the beginning of each NA Regionals day.
TEAMS: New World Order, Cognitive Gaming, CompLexity, To Be Determined (ex-FXO)
Dont know about the teams or their history? - [Leaguepedia Preview]
Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/kQZ0SLd.png
=============================================================================================================

l00mW9M.png

A new, small set of last minute tickets for the Staples Centre Finals will go up at 31 Aug, 1pm PDT
t1377979200z4.png

axs.com buy tickets to - [Staples Center Finals]
lolesports link - [buy tickets to the other days]

Qualified Teams
SEA
Mineski

Taiwan/HK/Macau
Gama bears

International Wildcard
GamingGear.eu

EU
1 -Fnatic
2 -Lemondogs
3 -Gambit

KOR
Najin Black Sword
MVP Ozone

Follow the progress, watch vods and highlights of qualifiers and see upcoming events around the world:

Edwardo

Dang. I tried to stay up to stay up to watch, but I fell asleep around 5am..

I want to get some games in, but today's my birthday and relatives keep stopping by to visit. :D

After playing a few Diamond 5v5s as ADC, I realize just how much my CS sucks. I have never fought against Lucian before, and I forgot my mental counter on Thresh' Q cooldown. I lose a lot of CS because of how I often feel zoned out if I don't feel like I can dominate the enemy. I was Vayne + Zyra against Lucian + Thresh. It went as bad as me being 100 CS behind. I kept wondering if they kept doing jungle camps or letting Lucian freefarm push a lane by himself. In the next game, we had the same setup but against Ezreal + Nunu. I have a lot of experience against them so I went very aggressive and stomped.

On the flip side, the rest of my "game sense" is right up everyone else. I had general map awareness and was never caught off-guard. They tried some tricks like Voli+Thresh lane gank but shook them off. My teamfighting was fine but could use more aggression. I'm still taking in just how aggressive they play. If we picked off 2 of them we went for baron as early as 18 minutes.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
MY FRIEND GOT US P2 TICKETS. WE GOING TO LA! I AM SO HYPED!
Jelly.

I was on to get tickets, but didn't know there was going to be an online waiting pool so I came in too close to tickets going on sale and didn't get any :[

Hopefully when the date is closing people will be trying to offload them for close to cost.

Sh1ner

Thresh is almost always banned, so pick Nami.

The worst thing is I main Thresh, it was what my mates wanted me to play before he become so popular.

I haven't really been that good with him until the last month and I can effectively counter support with him.

It sucks when your main gets banned ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME so to get around this I play blind pick all the time :'( I picked up Nami and Janna and trying to learn to play both but I just can't get to grips with them yet.

IsayFever

Where the fuck was this clg yesterday ;/ Oh well, kings of inconsistency, but I'll still stick with them for some reason ;____;

Subtle

After playing a few Diamond 5v5s as ADC, I realize just how much my CS sucks. I have never fought against Lucian before, and I forgot my mental counter on Thresh' Q cooldown. I lose a lot of CS because of how I often feel zoned out if I don't feel like I can dominate the enemy. I was Vayne + Zyra against Lucian + Thresh. It went as bad as me being 100 CS behind. I kept wondering if they kept doing jungle camps or letting Lucian freefarm push a lane by himself. In the next game, we had the same setup but against Ezreal + Nunu. I have a lot of experience against them so I went very aggressive and stomped.

On the flip side, the rest of my "game sense" is right up everyone else. I had general map awareness and was never caught off-guard. They tried some tricks like Voli+Thresh lane gank but shook them off. My teamfighting was fine but could use more aggression. I'm still taking in just how aggressive they play. If we picked off 2 of them we went for baron as early as 18 minutes.

Sometimes this happens to me where I stress out about my cs. I start thinking about it way to much and it makes me cs even worse. I prefer not to even press tab sometimes because I know that if I see myself trailing even slightly behind I'll think too much about the cs and less about poking/laning etc..

Achtius

Although I am not aiming for plat, I want to get as high as possible so next season, it would be easier to reach gold again.

Newt

Hey guys, I thought it was a good idea for GAF to have an active ranked 5v5s team, so we just made one. If anyone is interested in joining, just reply in the thread or send me a PM and I'll send you an invite. Season 3 is close to ending, but it would be sweet if we had a team up and running at the start of season 4.

6T99KDr.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Well, my 4-win ranked Nami streak came to an end. Of course it would happen in a promotion game:

* No one is confident playing ADC, one person agrees to.
* Someone gives first blood immediately before blue buff spawns, I give second blood which was my fault.
* It's Lissandra jungle against Lee Sin. Lissandra may be the most amazing silver jungler in the world, but it's potentially not a very good matchup for her I think.
* Game goes 0-10.

I ended up getting our ADC (who said they were ragequitting before 12 minutes had passed) a killstreak so they ended up like 8/5, but it wasn't enough. Top lane Garen? 0/8/4, lowest gold in the game, less gold than me as support. Mid Kassadin? Dead 3 times before level 6, had 13 deaths by the 29-minute end of the game.

I realize it's mental selection bias or whatever, but sometimes it does suck when everything combines to go wrong not in the 15 games leading up to promotion, but in one of those games. If you have two afks out of your three promotion games, you'd better be -quite- good to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom