• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
to be honest, this is only positive in the fact they may leave the NA server and I won't have to play with other latin american players.

not to be a racist or anything but from experience latin american players are fucking obnoxious.

although low ping sounds pretty sexy.

edit: nice, my bigotry just top of the page for everyone to watch

to be honest, this is only positive in the fact they may leave the NA server and I won't have to play with other latin american players.

not to be a racist or anything but from experience latin american players are fucking obnoxious.

Racist. =p

And that is the reason of why I'll play with my main account in the NA server.

I'm curious about how they will transalate some things... we already have our own jokes about "Victory/Defeat" being translated to some mexican slang, I would write them but they're obscene, lol, enough said.

I will play in both servers, but isn't really apealing to me to play with other latin americans.
Right now, if I have a troll in a game, I can pretend I don't know what they're saying. (English or Spanish).

But we will see... perhaps the skin will be really temping...

But still... anyone know if I could use (if they release them in Mexico) the RP cards in the NA server, or are they restricted to a particular server?

zkylon

zkylewd
Racist. =p
That never works.
it's ok because it's my own race right?

can't be banned on my birthday right?

right?

And that is the reason of why I'll play with my main account in the NA server.

I'm curious about how they will transalate some things... we already have our own jokes about "Victory/Defeat" being translated to some mexican slang, I would write them but they're obscene, lol, enough said.

I will play in both servers, but isn't really apealing to me to play with other latin americans.
Right now, if I have a troll in a game, I can pretend I don't know what they're saying. (English or Spanish).

But we will see... perhaps the skin will be really temping...

But still... anyone know if I could use (if they release them in Mexico) the RP cards in the NA server, or are they restricted to a particular server?
what's worse is that I played with a bunch of chilean dudes (I guess they were chilean because I know for a fact people say "weon" in chile) and I couldn't understand a single fucking word they were saying.

like seriously I've had similar things with people from colombia too, I dunno what kind of spanish they're talking but it sure ain't got no words I know.

also I just don't like spanish translations in general, the latin american versions are usually less cringeworthy than the spanish version, but they still never keep any of the original names pronunciations and a lot of the translations just sound weird.

also probably not on the RP cards.

Subtle

I'm Latin American and I dislike playing with Latin Americans. Also laning with a Nidalee you get zero kills. Her spear takes all.

what's worse is that I played with a bunch of chilean dudes (I guess they were chilean because I know for a fact people say "weon" in chile) and I couldn't understand a single fucking word they were saying.

like seriously I've had similar things with people from colombia too, I dunno what kind of spanish they're talking but it sure ain't got no words I know.

also I just don't like spanish translations in general, the latin american versions are usually less cringeworthy than the spanish version, but they still never keep any of the original names pronunciations and a lot of the translations just sound weird.

also probably not on the RP cards.

Yeah, they said "weon" in Chile. Its the equivalent to the "Tío" in Spain, and "guey" in Mexico.
I can't judge about the Colombian guy, there's a Colombian in my classroom, and sometimes we don't understand a shit of what he's saying... too much "bacano", "cucha", "chimbo", "chimba", "enguayabado", "pana", "parce", etc. A lot of words we don't know and we just make a weird face and yell him to speak in spanish, hahaha.

Mmmm, I'm not sure if you are right, usually in the mexican dubbing, they left the names without translating.

For example, in Mexico we don't translate Superman, Spiderman, Sandman, Batman, or titles of things like, "Batman the Dark Knight Rises"(In Spain they're translated to "Hombre Maravilla, Hombre de arena, Hombre murcielago, "Hombre murcielago, caballlero de la noche asciende"; I can't even write them without cringing...)

That is one of the reason of why if I have to hear something translated to spanish, at least I want it to be the Mexican/latin american version.

I'll never forget that Spiderman game... translated in Spain. "Vamos Espiderman atrapa al Doctor Pulpo" or... Halo 2. "Eso es otro Jalo." (That's another Halo.) [In the Halo 3 dubbing, done in Mexico, it was said the same way that in English.]

"also probably not on the RP cards." you mean as in, not being able to use them in NA?
):

Also, Happy Birthday!

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, they said "weon" in Chile. Its the equivalent to the "Tío" in Spain, and "guey" in Mexico.
I can't judge about the Colombian guy, there's a Colombian in my classroom, and sometimes we don't understand a shit of what he's saying... too much "bacano", "cucha", "chimbo", "chimba", "enguayabado", "pana", "parce", etc. A lot of words we don't know and we just make a weird face and yell him to speak in spanish, hahaha.

Mmmm, I'm not sure if you are right, usually in the mexican dubbing, they let the names without translating.

For example, in Mexico we don't translate Superman, Spiderman, Sandman, Batman, or titles of things like, "Batman the Dark Knight Rises"(In Spain they're translated to "Hombre Maravilla, Hombre de arena, Hombre murcielago, "Hombre murcielago, caballlero de la noche asciende"; I can't even write them without cringing...)

That is one of the reason of why if I have to hear something translated to spanish, at least I want it to be the Mexican/latin american version.

I'll never forget that Spiderman game... translated in Spain. "Vamos Espiderman atrapa al Doctor Pulpo" or... Halo 2. "Eso es otro Jalo." (That's another Halo.) [In the Halo 3 dubbing, doing in Mexico, it was said the same way that in English.

yeah we just say "che" here in argieland. or just throw curses at the person.

and yeah, sometimes latin american dubbing is actually really good, but on a general basis I'd rather save myself the trouble and just watch the damn thing in its original language.

Also, Happy Birthday!
ty :)

"also probably not on the RP cards." you mean as in, not being able to use them in NA?
):
I'm not 100% sure but yup

I hope not, RP cards are actually really cheap in brazil (like half the price for my argie exchange rate)

Blizzard

Banned
Weird question, is there something that makes melee minions sprint? Or is just very strange continued lag? I was running ahead of minions as mobility boots Zed, and the melee minions suddenly like put on a Ghost-esque boost of speed, possibly with the little trailing speed effect, and sprinted like even/past me. o_O No one else was nearby, and I had homeguard rather than captain boots.

Ken

Weird question, is there something that makes melee minions sprint? Or is just very strange continued lag? I was running ahead of minions as mobility boots Zed, and the melee minions suddenly like put on a Ghost-esque boost of speed, possibly with the little trailing speed effect, and sprinted like even/past me. o_O No one else was nearby, and I had homeguard rather than captain boots.

lag

Ferga

There was a post about it saying that if a minion wave was physically blocked by a champion then some of the minions will attempt to sprint back to where they should be so that the minion wave is going to be in the same place.

Can also be a product of lag.

Blizzard

Banned
There was a post about it saying that if a minion wave was physically blocked by a champion then some of the minions will attempt to sprint back to where they should be so that the minion wave is going to be in the same place.

Can also be a product of lag.
Ah, I think this makes sense. I could have sworn the ghost sprint effect was on the melee minions, so I had probably been holding them up while I cleared a wave.

Q8D3vil

my win streak ended (at least i reached gold1), now i get extreme feeders in my teams which make it impossible to carry.

0IYzpNm.jpg

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry

I don't know where are the comics you read from but they're certainly not the Spain localizations.

Those are the latin american names, except for Sandman who is in fact "el hombre de arena" over here (in deference to the first translations which many regard fondly).

I'll never forget that Spiderman game... translated in Spain. "Vamos Espiderman atrapa al Doctor Pulpo" or... Halo 2.

Funny thing about that: Halo 2 was translated to "neutral spanish", which apparently means mexican because that's where all the VAs, funny accents and expressions in the dialogues come from.

Had it been truly dubbed in Spain I can guarantee there wouldn't have been instances of "nesesito un arma", "rueditas de prinsipiante" or "chavo, que bueno que llegaste". Caused an outrage at first, eventually became a little meme for spanish gamers.

And who the fuck says Doctor Pulpo pls

I have this effect all the time when I'm browsing other lanes and it's hilarious

red13th

There's latin americans on the Brazilian server it's awful (plus Brazilians obviously, the worst of the lot).
I love 17 ping but it's not worth it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Almost won a 4v5 but alas their late game was too strong for us. Stupid people leaving games early, we would have destroyed them if our AP mid didn't quit.

just won a game with a 0-18 team start. #bronzeV

my supp finished 0/22/2, midway through he trolled an just ran in to turrets but somehow we started winning, idk why and how.

Sivir's ult also makes them faster. But I wouldn't call it sprinting. Lag is more likely to be what caused them to move so quick.

Just played a game. I'm doing good in my lane, top is doing good. Bot fed but were still in it.

We start having a couple fights, we winning them, were doing good.

We finally come back to tie in kills.

Renekton: Good stuff guys, I gotta go take a shit

Never comes back we lose :/

Everytime I play Solo I remember why I stopped playing Solo..

Subtle

So I just had my first win in awhile in ranked. Fiora carried hard and got super fed after my first successful gank. It always feels good as a jungler to tip a lane in a teammate's favor. She was losing the lane beforehand. However, the victory was short-lived as in the next game we had an afk Draven and lost. Man I'm never getting out of Silver 5 ):

Edit: Beating a ditto feels great. Ashe & Sona against an Ashe & Shen. I got a double kill within the first two minutes of the game. It was glorious :3

The basic harass combo for Sona is AA, Q, AA (Staccato), right? I'm gonna try out Sona over Soraka for support since the global heal has me looking at my team HUD constantly and that's super stressful.

Ashhong

Lol my friend got queued up in a ranked with a dude who literally fed intentionally, went 0-25. Queued up again and got stuck with him again hahaha he has the worst luck.

Lol my friend got queued up in a ranked with a dude who literally fed intentionally, went 0-25. Queued up again and got stuck with him again hahaha he has the worst luck.

Did he not report him? Afaik the system shouldn't match you up with those you have reported.

Maybe I'm pulling that out of my ass but it seems like something that should be the case.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
DzkdZk6.png

WOOOOO finally a win!! God I'm so hungry, I haven't eaten all day lol. We had to deal with a ridiculously fed Nocturne that was wrecking us early-mid game, but towards the late game our team had enough damage to take him down. After he was gone there really wasn't much danger, since I could pretty much delete their Heimer or Ashe solo with a simple combo.

Anyone have tips for laning mid as Diana? She has to get up to melee range to get last hits so it's very easy for her to get harassed. Heimer kept blinding me and tossing turrets, so he basically outfarmed me for the majority of the early game.

Also what are people's thoughts on Rylai's for Diana? I was having trouble staying alive in team fights, but once I got Rylai's (combined with Zhonya's) I had a much better presence in team fights since I couldn't get killed off so quickly.

Ashhong

Did he not report him? Afaik the system shouldn't match you up with those you have reported.

Maybe I'm pulling that out of my ass but it seems like something that should be the case.

Oh he reported him. Still got queued up with him.

DzkdZk6.png

WOOOOO finally a win!! God I'm so hungry, I haven't eaten all day lol. We had to deal with a ridiculously fed Nocturne that was wrecking us early-mid game, but towards the late game our team had enough damage to take him down. After he was gone there really wasn't much danger, since I could pretty much delete their Heimer or Ashe solo with a simple combo.

Anyone have tips for laning mid as Diana? She has to get up to melee range to get last hits so it's very easy for her to get harassed. Heimer kept blinding me and tossing turrets, so he basically outfarmed me for the majority of the early game.

Also what are people's thoughts on Rylai's for Diana? I was having trouble staying alive in team fights, but once I got Rylai's (combined with Zhonya's) I had a much better presence in team fights since I couldn't get killed off so quickly.

Heimer is a fucking bully so not much you can do there really. You have to use ur Q to harass back though. Add me if you ever want to play, EDM buddy. Ashhong

Kyuur

So I've been doing a bunch of experimenting with Taric top in normals. It works better the more AD on their team they have and the less ranged poke (and a lot of teams have AD tops and jungles). Basically build manamune -> armor/mana stacking (frozen heart, iceborn). Grab aegis for the bonus HP/MR and you make your team extremely strong while you're around. Having trouble deciding if frozen mallet or warmogs is better later... or to build maw/saber depending on how you are doing.

Anyways, it's fun as hell.

Ashhong

hehe my friend (Zed) got so mad that I stole his penta. He had a triple, our veigar trapped the last 2, and then Zed was attacking both, about to kill them both, I Q'ed with Caitlyn to kill the Vi.

It wasn't intentional, but funny nonetheless

hehe my friend (Zed) got so mad that I stole his penta. He had a triple, our veigar trapped the last 2, and then Zed was attacking both, about to kill them both, I Q'ed with Caitlyn to kill the Vi.

It wasn't intentional, but funny nonetheless

it's not a penta if i can't do it myself. if someone needs to get out of the way so i can get it, i don't want it.

Kenai

Penta-virgin here, is it really that good?
A friend told me it is like eating a whole warm apple pie and not just one slice,
sounds a little weird tbh.

It's like getting a final, somewhat hard annoying achievement/trophy in console games. So it's a good feeling, but not that good. I personally get more joy on a regular basis (hopefully) when I get a team that doesn't fill me with self loathing and hatred.

njean777

They are not obnoxious. I just dislike when they can only speak spanish as then I cannot communicate to them.

garath

Well since we're sharing, I right hosed myself with my 7 game losing streak on Friday. I had 90lp in silver 1 and was only losing 11 for a loss. After the losing streak I ended at 0 lp. Got a win today and only got 18lp in a long 50 minute game. Guess I ruined my gold chances. Even with a solid 70% win rate it would take me weeks.

Jenga

Banned
Anyone else think they need to buff Wit's End a bit? For tops it seems to be a VERY situational item against fed AP or AP enemy laners, and for Jungle it's a bit hard to justify grabbing at all over SV.

Maybe replace the Recurve Bow with 2 ASP daggers to make it easier to build? idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom