• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Also that wasn't a typo, I'm pretty much saying that if you want to win a ranked game Lucian is a bad choice.

Eep, my bad. It makes more sense reading it now. I guess an 'and' would've made it clearer but yeah, totally misread it as a typo. >.<

Anyone else find his ult won't go through (over) destroyed turrets? Pretty frustrating when it happens, although I guess it might be the case with all similar abilities.

I find his E a little meh, because I can't hop walls with it [yet]. It's cool to have the resets, though.

The hitbox on W seems off at times, hitting a minion that's not really in its path and exploding short of intended target.

Q is a lot of fun to use, although I sure do mess it up often. It's a new paradigm for me to aim via minions but I have had some success with it.

He loses the benefit of other channels because it doesn‘t give him more damage than he would normally have. There‘s a reason why his winrate is so low.

New champion, people don't know how to use him?

And his ult still does a heap of damage, if you're landing the shots. If you're not landing them you're using the ult poorly and that's not on the champion.

Edwardo

Champion and skin sale: 9.13 - 9.16

2013.09.13.articlebanner.champskinsaleaklj4aw.jpg

Xerath 487 RP
Trundle 440 RP
Amumu 292 RP

Officer Caitlyn 487 RP
Northern Storm Volibear 375 RP
Aviator Irelia 260 RP

Newt

At Level 6, and it's getting buffed currently. At Level 11 and 16, it's a damage spike when used properly. And win rate isn't really that relevant of a number, especially before anyone has truly learned a champion. I mean, Draven had a low win rate for a long time.
It may be getting buffed currently, but I would say having such a bad ultimate until lvl 11 is grounds to call a champion mediocre.

scy

It may be getting buffed currently, but I would say having such a bad ultimate until lvl 11 is grounds to call a champion mediocre.

Zed's ult at Level 6 isn't that strong.

There's a lot of "weak" Level 6 ults. Not all characters spike hard at 6 compared to what they get at 11/16.

Newt

Zed's ult at Level 6 isn't that strong.

There's a lot of "weak" Level 6 ults. Not all characters spike hard at 6 compared to what they get at 11/16.
That is true, that not all champions spike at level 6. But every ADC in the game other than Lucian has a significant spike at level 6.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
twitch and urgot both have good power spikes at six. quinn would probably be the worst.

drawkcaB

drawkcaB said:
Would any bronzies/low silver scrubs want to spar with me in custom matches to practice mid lane this weekend or whatever? I really want to learn that role and I don't get to play it often enough in my normals. I tried playing bot lane in Dom matches, but the dynamics are very different than in SR. Better players are welcome too, but it'll probably be more of a teaching exercise than practice (I'm turrble).

Anyone? No?

*crickets*

I don't generally use her ult for quite a while after 6, so I can agree with this. Maybe I'm just bad though.

I really, really like Quinn's ult at 6. Like, as soon as she hits 6, I'm looking for an opportunity to let loose. I like to let the enemy start pushing the lane, then ult and run in with E and Q get a couple autoattacks in as Valor then ult again and attack until win. Ideally via support or gank setup. It's just so good for going in. But I really like Quinn and have gotten a good feel for when you can all-in. You can also split push really well with, then ult and be able to get to most team fights on time. Idk.

I don't generally use her ult for quite a while after 6, so I can agree with this. Maybe I'm just bad though.

It depends on where you play her. If you're playing her mid it's a massive power spike. Huge mobility, gap closer with mini cc, extra attack speed and an AoE execute. Insanely good for ganking.

drawkcaB

I mean, technically speaking, you can argue that it's not really a direct dueling power spike.

I guess.

I can see the argument going both ways. I see it similar to Diana's ult. Byself itself it doesn't seem like too much of a power spike, but in the context of the rest of her kit it's very strong. Same goes for Kog's ult.

I can always try if you want.

Sure. You seem quite a bit ahead of me but I'd appreciate the practice.

brian!

kog ult very strong even when duling at 6

but i mean when you guys say power spike you kinda mean the opening up of possibilities anyway right?, like a whole new world from disney's aladdin

kog ult very strong even when duling at 6

but i mean when you guys say power spike you kinda mean the opening up of possibilities anyway right?, like a whole new world from disney's aladdin
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Like Ashe, she suddenly gets her arrow and you have to be way more careful. Kog has a really good ult but you don't really have to suddenly recall because you're at half health and he got 6.

I really, really like Quinn's ult at 6. Like, as soon as she hits 6, I'm looking for an opportunity to let loose. I like to let the enemy start pushing the lane, then ult and run in with E and Q get a couple autoattacks in as Valor then ult again and attack until win. Ideally via support or gank setup. It's just so good for going in. But I really like Quinn and have gotten a good feel for when you can all-in. You can also split push really well with, then ult and be able to get to most team fights on time. Idk.

I think it's mostly to do with how I find I panic too much when I use it to actually use the Valor abilities. >.<

It depends on where you play her. If you're playing her mid it's a massive power spike. Huge mobility, gap closer with mini cc, extra attack speed and an AoE execute. Insanely good for ganking.

Better learn it then, I'm trying to play her mid next.

dimb

I mean, technically speaking, you can argue that it's not really a direct dueling power spike.
It's an important piece of his damage rotation. The second Kog hits six he becomes much more dangerous, and it grants way more brush control while making it harder to run away from his damage.

Newt

twitch?
edit: scratch that, sivir?
Twitch's piercing shot and increased range is definitely a power spike. Sivir has a much greater dueling potential with her ult on. Even right now, Sivir is still strong in lane, she's only bad because of the 500 range and the fact she has no escape mechanisms.

Blizzard

Banned
What if the new champion is Vi's sister and she has a power armor thing that is a spike that does damage and people start talking about her "power spike".

WHAT THEN.

LCGeek

formerly sane
It's an important piece of his damage rotation. The second Kog hits six he becomes much more dangerous, and it grants way more brush control while making it harder to run away from his damage.

If you have a pair of boots and reaction speed you can run from his ulti quite quickly once you see where it's dotting. Unless your connection speed is shit you should be able to dodge that quite easily.

dimb

If you have a pair of boots and reaction speed you can run from his ulti quite quickly once you see where it's dotting. Unless your connection speed is shit you should be able to dodge that quite easily.
no support should have boots when kog hits six.

Newt

A kog can position it where you either dodge the ult or take some AAs.

scy

Right, he gets a lot scarier as far as lane control and positioning is concerned. In JUST a dueling scenario, he doesn't get quite the same burst spike as many other ADCs do. Kog's 6 is highly relevant to his kit and what he can do in lane, he just doesn't suddenly get an extra 300+ damage spike in one-shot. He trades off a big raw damage spike for sieging and zoning control.

Edit: Which is arguably more relevant than just getting a big damage spell anyway.

Ocho

Oh baby, in my promos.

How exactly do they work?

You must win 2 of 3 (if going up a division ) or 3 of 5 (if going up a league). If you dodge, that will count as a lose.

If you are unsuccessful, you will be assigned LP (usually 90-70ish). If you only lose games you get placed lower, but if you end 1-2 or 2-3 you can end in 90 LP after an unsuccessful series.

garath

Oh baby, in my promos.

How exactly do they work?

Promo to a new divison? If it's from something like Silver II to Silver I it's a best of 3. Win 2 to promote. If it's to a completely new tier i.e. Silver to Gold then it's a best of 5. Win 3 to promote.

If you're talking about placements - i.e. playing matches to get ranked - you play 10 matches and at the end some mystical calculation will place you in a tier and division. Could be bronze to high silver. You might even be able to place gold if you do well.

DeadNames

Banned
Holy crap.

So this guy says hes gonna ADC trist and I check his lolking and he's a godly trist. First pick instalocks ap trist and km forced to supp. Our team:

Jungle Ali, ADC Ashe, supp soraka, top nid, ap trust mid.

Talom and renek get super fed, but we have something they don't: tankiness. They win almost all lanes and get baron. Were down like 10 kills. But we come back and win. amazing.

le bip

Neo Member
Lucians Q is harder to dodge if he uses a minion to hit you with it. Angular velocity an all that jazz

Need some help - I just discovered crystallise by Lindsey Stirling and it sounds really familiar to me - anybody have any idea why? Has it been intermission music for a lol tournament?

Do you watch streams? TheOddOne used to play it very often, that's where I first heard about that musician.

jerd

I see triforce a lot on her on probuilds so I tried it. Pretty meh. Akali is really fun though and I've had success with her so far. What are other good items on her? I see so little of her that I don't really know a lot about how I should build her. I've been doing gunblade most games, early seeker's if I'm against an AD in lane, sorc shoes, then moving on to a burst item.

Started the day 2-0, got back up to 89 LP in S4. Thought I was poised to start to climb back up. Promptly lost 4 in a row with early disconnects in two of them. One of the games that didn't have a dc, I changed from top to support to stop the raging in champion select. Unfortunately the guy that I ended up trading with picked support Nunu for me, despite the fact that I told him not to and told him that have never played nunu before.

This game sometimes.

Need some help - I just discovered crystallise by Lindsey Stirling and it sounds really familiar to me - anybody have any idea why? Has it been intermission music for a lol tournament?

pretty sure it has been used in LoL tournaments before, sounds familiar to me too, maybe even for the LCS. they always have terrible music like that in between the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom