• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I see triforce a lot on her on probuilds so I tried it. Pretty meh. Akali is really fun though and I've had success with her so far. What are other good items on her? I see so little of her that I don't really know a lot about how I should build her. I've been doing gunblade most games, early seeker's if I'm against an AD in lane, sorc shoes, then moving on to a burst item.

Started the day 2-0, got back up to 89 LP in S4. Thought I was poised to start to climb back up. Promptly lost 4 in a row with early disconnects in two of them. One of the games that didn't have a dc, I changed from top to support to stop the raging in champion select. Unfortunately the guy that I ended up trading with picked support Nunu for me, despite the fact that I told him not to and told him that have never played nunu before.

This game sometimes.
might be a lot of people seeing what power trinity force has on akali
trinity force is also a feature of bruiser akali builds
pretty sure it has been used in LoL tournaments before, sounds familiar to me too, maybe even for the LCS. they always have terrible music like that in between the games.
holy shit

in other news, the new all korean NA team, Quantic is going to play Coast tmrw at a GGLA tournament (https://twitter.com/ZionSpartan/status/378270311478599682)

Boken

Banned
S9IkcBw.png
LcrXG9d.png
1aHDdON.png
abQloBl.png
ebMCaRk.png
A0ZkE6k.png
lCEwFTm.png
uIcrNJf.png
X8H55B9.png
X9PpGlv.png
2eCIlNy.png
nlO4wFo.png
GY5HSoe.png
TdbTn2H.png

League of Legends - 2013 World Championships OT is up! - [HERE]

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Went from 0 to Promotion series in four games Then lost it and now back in promotion series. All today. Ugh.

Type2

Just earned my promo series to get back to silver after that sad rank decay. Won't be able to play until Monday most likely because of a wedding weekend. I'm so excited to leave bronze behind me and keep it that way.

How long do we have to get victorious Elise, October?

Newt

Just earned my promo series to get back to silver after that sad rank decay. Won't be able to play until Monday most likely because of a wedding weekend. I'm so excited to leave bronze behind me and keep it that way.

How long do we have to get victorious Elise, October?
October 31st, and you better hurry up because ranked will be saturated by more morons at the start of the month.

Boken

Banned
October 31st, and you better hurry up because ranked will be saturated by more morons at the start of the month.

more morans for the enemi team!

truth of the math is that if youre better than the average moran then ranked actually gets easier

but itll be more frustrating because u have to carry them

Type2

I'll at least hit high silver and still feel some pride. It really depends how much time I have to play league. I'm confident in all my roles now but lack top lane matchup experience. I've been performing well in the jungle too. I just have to pray people listen to rotation calls for objectives in 3 of my next 5 games.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
more morans for the enemi team!

truth of the math is that if youre better than the average moran then ranked actually gets easier

but itll be more frustrating because u have to carry them

Once people realize that ranked is a numbers game, they'll slowly climb up. Your enemies can get 5 idiots but if you play well and don't do stupid things then your team only has a max of 4 idiots. The odds are in your favor and by the laws of probability and statistics, you should gain ranking.

If not, then you may want to analyze your own decisions and plays with replays and see where the problem is.

Blizzard

Banned
Is level 1 oracles ever viable? I got absolutely crushed by a Leona getting level 1 oracles against Nami + Ezreal. Now I was a huge part of why I lost that game since I played terribly. But in general, if it's a support who can be threatening or semi-tanky early, would it be worthwhile to get oracles since it guaranteed we couldn't have wards for the first 7-8 minutes?

Then the next game everyone was randomly great, but I'm at the gain 3 lose 4 stage so I'll have to win quite a few before the LP gain goes back up to 5.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is level 1 oracles ever viable?
No. All the other support would have to do is sit it out without dropping wards, or bait someone like Leona into unfavorable positioning while trying to clear. They would also be the easiest gank target in the world.

Just had my worst game in ranked.

(In my first promo, lol).

The good thing is that 2 of my 5 defeats in ranked have been my fault, for my own mistakes. So, if I get better, and stop doing those mistakes, I will lose 40% less, right?

Blizzard

Banned
Just had my worst game in ranked.

(In my first promo, lol).

The good thing is that 2 of my 5 defeats in ranked have been my fault, for my own mistakes. So, if I get better, and stop doing those mistakes, I will lose 40% less, right?
This is my philosophy. I don't like playing badly, but I would far rather lose because I made some obvious mistakes, than burn myself out trying to carry the team, getting 15 kills, tons of damage, and 2 inhibitors down, only to lose because people didn't want to join and push the final tower.

Losing by your own mistakes you can improve. Doing great and having other people throw because of trivial things is heartbreaking. Of course this is naturally a selfish viewpoint for me.

tm24

Got 2 games in on my placement, both as zyra. First game went well, with an ashe who had amazing accuracy with his arrow. Second game was a little bit more difficult. I kept getting caught out by an Evelynn due to a more aggresive style i was using as zyra. Luckily any time i died our zed or corki picked up a 2 for 1. Kept nailing some great roots at max distance and dropped great ults. I love zyra

Mothman91

I have been stuck in plat 5 for about 4 months now.

This must just be my level.

I've accepted it.

I'm coming brother. Need to get past this fucking G2 promo that I've failed twice now lol.

Good thing is I've accepted that I should just role Janna support every game win, like I did when I got Gold.

Q8D3vil

I've been Rocking jungle Udyr lately and he is a fucking beast. He have everything you need in a jungler, Fast clear, Damage and godly ganks.

Q8D3vil

What about a late game? Or tools for initiating?
I've been going Golems into trinity, i know there is not enough gold in jungle but i've been destroying my opponents so hard so i usually have money for that. I usually roam late game to punish solo pushers and secure objective after that.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
God fucking damn, I just got my neck ringed by a platinum player for accidentally hitting a creep.

First ranked match too. Most aggressive and beastly Ezreal player I have ever seen.

Pastry

Banned
About two weeks ago someone posted a chart here about what runes to buy for what type of champ you like to play. I think it was a flow chart? Anyone have it?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i think the chart was outdated. if you wanted a very general runepage i would just say do something like:
yellows=armor. run on everyone.
blues=flat magic resist. run on everyone.
reds=magic penetration for ap champs. flat ad for ad champs. attack speed maybe for some junglers.
quints=flat ad for ad champs, flat ap for ap champs. specialize quints further as needed. consider gold per ten for support. movespeed quints are also very good and work well on a wide number of champions.

Delodax

Sight_Ward_item.png
Vision_Ward_item.png
Ruby_Sightstone_item.png
Boots_of_Speed_item.png
Vision_Ward_item.png
Sight_Ward_item.png
Vision_Ward_item.png
Sight_Ward_item.png
Vision_Ward_item.png

luxury items:
Oracle%27s_Elixir_item.png
Boots_of_Mobility_item.png

Am I the only one trying to get away with buying "as few wards as possible"? Vision is great but getting a "real item" is also pretty valuable. In most cases you cab gauge in which general area your enemies are based on a fewer sets of wards and you can manipulating where they need to go by applying pressure on the map.

Furthermore, in my "elo" (mid gold) wards seem pretty useless sometimes: even though people see enemies approaching in greater numbers, they still stay to die. Sometimes I wonder if anyone even watches the minimap -_-

Riot really needs to look at the armor yellows. It's just mandatory on everyone especially junglers. They could buff everyone's base armor then nerf the armor runes or something.

luxury items:

Am I the only one trying to get away with buying "as few wards as possible"? Vision is great but getting a "real item" is also pretty valuable. In most cases you cab gauge in which general area your enemies are based on a fewer sets of wards and you can manipulating where they need to go by applying pressure on the map.
Playing with very little amount of wards is like playing blind, especially when the enemy support/jungler is dewarding. Having less vision also makes vision expansion more dangerous because you may have to go out blind just to plant an important ward.

I've only recently started warding for our midlaner too and it helps a ton. It lets the midlaner ward the upper side of midlane which benefits both mid and top laners. Not to mention having wards on both places lets you see attempts of enemy junglers to gank from behind / counterjungle.

Q8D3vil

Sometime it depend on the lane itself, for me top lane sometimes its a must to get wards if im playing risky champion ( like Nasus) vs an aggressive top/jungler combo like shen/lee which can cc you to death early.
If you are in a decent league and playing top/mid there 50% chance that your lane will be ganked at lvl 3/4.

Ferga

Furthermore, in my "elo" (mid gold) wards seem pretty useless sometimes: even though people see enemies approaching in greater numbers, they still stay to die. Sometimes I wonder if anyone even watches the minimap -_-

No.

Boken

Banned
ADC mains dude, ADC mains.

So if I lose my first match in bronze 1, do i get put down to bronze 2? :(
Course not. It's dependant on your MMR being lower than the bottom of bronze 1
Promo series ensure that your MMR will be higher by at least a few games. Most people will be 4 or 3 above

Are you talking buying as few wards as possible as a support or in general?

Because if it's as a support, that's an awful idea - for other roles is still bad. Big items won't really save you from ganks or keep you from dying because you just stepped into your jungle. If teammates don't pay attention to the map, that's what the ping system is for, mash that V+Click.

Delodax

Are you talking buying as few wards as possible as a support or in general?

Because if it's as a support, that's an awful idea - for other roles is still bad. Big items won't really save you from ganks or keep you from dying because you just stepped into your jungle. If teammates don't pay attention to the map, that's what the ping system is for, mash that V+Click.

I'm just saying there's a middle way between lighting up the map like a Christmas tree and no wards at all. Trying to ward at key locations and playing around those. Vision is boss, don't get me wrong.

Naturally I do ping. Guess it has the same effect as warding - if someone doesn't pay any attention, no attention is paid xD

I'm just saying there's a middle way between lighting up the map like a Christmas tree and no wards at all. Trying to ward at key locations and playing around those. Vision is boss, don't get me wrong.

Naturally I do ping. Guess it has the same effect as warding - if someone doesn't pay any attention, no attention is paid xD
Well yeah, if you ward key locations you're good.

Problem is there's like 6~9 key locations.

If they could add a 'ward ping' to that ping wheel it would help massively.
They need to make the red danger ping a ward ping to ask for wards/say it's warded. No one uses that shit when you got the back off ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom