• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Nerfing Trinity will just push Corki out of viability again, not to mention the other champions that just got back into viability because of its buffs.

Corki is the biggest problem here and nerfing him directly is better for the game.

I completely disagree. I think nerfing Trinity is a much better solution than nerfing Corki. The problem lies in that, currently, Trinity is just way too good on people. If it was just strong on Corki then I would understand the nerf to the champion but that's not the case here.

scy

Never heard you say that.

Hm, maybe it was someone else. But, yeah, it would sometimes make him hit two different targets, hit nothing and save the passive, or use up the passive while hitting nothing. All of that was determined by what he was doing (animation wise) when the original target died.

Edit: @Trinity Force v Corki nerfs: Corki wasn't that bad before the TF change but after his mana cost change, people just hadn't really brought him back out. TF being overtuned currently just made the move back to him that much easier / more obvious. The big change to Phage/TF hits Phage harder than TF really (since it's a timing thing) and the movement speed change isn't that massive for what Corki wants out of TF anyway.

kayos90

I would still like for them to nerf trinity first and then see how things pan out. If corki needs nerfs it'll happen afterwards.

I completely disagree. I think nerfing Trinity is a much better solution than nerfing Corki. The problem lies in that, currently, Trinity is just way too good on people. If it was just strong on Corki then I would understand the nerf to the champion but that's not the case here.
The thing is that Corki is the only Trinity champion that is a problem balance wise. If you nerf Trinity you fuck champions like Irelia and Jax that have nothing to do with this.

Meanwhile Corki has a super overtuned kit, he was never bad, he was god in S2 and got pushed out because of itemization changes making a bad pick with awkward and expensive itemization, now he has a kit filled with surplefuous power he got between preseason and 3.11 with the sheen proc buffs on top.

Want to make Corki unplayable again? Make Trinity expensive again.

kayos90

Maybe the current Trinity Force isn't balanced on these champions either.

Was about to post this. If you think the TF is only good on Corki and is balanced when used by other champions then I feel you're definition of balanced is extremely lenient.

I never said Corki is the only champ that is good because of Trinity, but you can't possibly compare the impact Trinity made on Corki as opposed to Jax, Irelia, Ez, Shen, etc.

He's the balance problem right now. Sure Trinity might be too good but nerfing Trinity and not touching Corki isn't solving anything, it's just going back to the status quo where trinity champs were not ok.

That or Corki remains OP and has to get nerfed anyways. It's a lose lose situation.

Edit - FUCK CORKI, JINX IS ON THE 3.12 PATCH AWWW YISSSSS

Blizzard

Banned
Corki has a 100% ban/pick rate in worlds, Trinity changes just allowed his overtuned kit to be used again, simple as that.

Nerfs were more than obvious. He's hands down the best ADC right now.
I think the issue is that this is less a pure Corki thing, and more of him being able to use the new enhanced triforce better than any other adc. Ezreal can sort of do it, but I suppose Corki can do it better and has a better set of abilities for localized fighting and waveclear.

I think there was a time where triforce was like, on everyone, and there was the whole Phreak joke with "tons of damage". Then it was rarely used, and now it's powerful again. What happens if they nerf Corki so he's okay/mediocre with triforce...and then nerf triforce again, without changing Corki?

Skillshots

Context: Skillshot missiles fired from brush or the fog of war sometimes don't register on the receiving player's screen until they've landed, leading to sad and bewildered champions. This fix ensures missiles are registered faster, giving players the chance to react and realize they're being attacked.

Skillshots fired from fog of war should appear on the enemy's screen sooner if their champion is in the path of the missile
I wonder if this will lead to slightly less pain from invisible Nidalee spears.

*edit* KATARINA CHANGES AW YISS

scy

I never said Corki is the only champ that is good because of Trinity, but you can't possibly compare the impact Trinity made on Corki as opposed to Jax, Irelia, Ez, Shen, etc.

He's the balance problem right now. Sure Trinity might be too good but nerfing Trinity and not touching Corki isn't solving anything, it's just going back to the status quo where trinity champs were not ok.

That or Corki remains OP and has to get nerfed anyways. It's a lose lose situation.

To be fair, the change is largely aimed at the Phage part of TF and that interaction of ranged vs melee as opposed to the actual strength of TF. Like, it's a bit early to say they're going to aim for destroying TF in lieu of Corki changes or something.

Edit - FUCK CORKI, JINX IS ON THE 3.12 PATCH AWWW YISSSSS

I want to believe but I doubt it. I really, really doubt it will mean anything for her actually being activated soon.

Blizzard

Banned
Takedown

Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed Nidalee to perform Takedown from range.
I'm happy about this too since I was never good enough to do it reliably myself!

Also killing yorick ghouls (and teemo traps) is now worth something!

Boken

Banned
So, what's up with Riot making all ultimates cost 100 of mana?

I'm waiting for patch 3.13, in that patch is supposed to be some tweaks to Ahri.

well it depends. the cost on her ult is actually pretty huge, but i always thought that was intended - that you must have 5 stacks of her passive up before you ult

I want to believe but I doubt it. I really, really doubt it will mean anything for her actually being activated soon.
Might mean we'll have to wait an extra week or so, but what that sentence means is "you won't have to wait till 3.13, any changes Jinx might need in this patch cycle will just be hotfixed the moment she gets enabled, unless something changes and she gets pushed back"

Considering they had a loooot of time due to Lucians delays and how she went to the PBE almost 100% finished, I'd say she'll be released next week.

scy

Might mean we'll have to wait an extra week or so, but what that sentence means is "you won't have to wait till 3.13, any changes Jinx might need in this patch cycle will just be hotfixed the moment she gets enabled, unless something changes and she gets pushed back"

Considering they had a loooot of time due to Lucians delays and how she went to the PBE almost 100% finished, I'd say she'll be released next week.

Possibly but I like to be hopefully pessimistic.

Boken

Banned
ahri-art-league-of-legends-1920x1080.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
Yep...

Another ranked game, and loss number 12 due to the ADC. I was support this time (Leona/Quinn), we were up 9-3, took the tower early on. Backed and then Quinn DC'ed and that was it, it was over. Sucked because she was REALLY good.

This fucking game, guys. Even when I step out of my comfort zone (top/mid), I still lose because of other people.

Blizzard

Banned
Yep...

Another ranked game, and loss number 12 due to the ADC. I was support this time (Leona/Quinn), we were up 9-3, took the tower early on. Backed and then Quinn DC'ed and that was it, it was over. Sucked because she was REALLY good.

This fucking game, guys. Even when I step out of my comfort zone (top/mid), I still lose because of other people.
Disconnects have been happening like crazy for 3 days in ranked now. I had one game with 3 disconnects on the enemy team. One day Riot even stopped ranked queues and gave people no LP loss for a game or two because of it. Just now we started ahead but my AP mid disconnected constantly all game. They said they would see everyone moving and talking, but be unable to move themselves.

I imagine it will only get worse towards mid October.

Blizzard

Banned
Currently getting raged at in queue for my bad record on LOLking. LOL.
I was just raging pointing out people's bad records on lolking, while conveniently ignoring my own. What's your name? :p

Side note, champions that I hardly EVER see do well in Silver: Twisted Fate and Ezreal. With no escape against high-mobility, gap closer, high-CC junglers and AP mids, it is super rare for a Twisted Fate to survive long enough to be able to poke enemy teams. Ezreal can poke, but I very rarely see him do well in teamfights no matter what items he builds, unless it's a Lux + Ezreal + three tank team so they can just combine ults into the enemy team from the back lines. I recently had Twisted Fate on my team versus Ezreal on the other team so it was battle of the fates...but that Ezreal went like 9/2/7 while our TF had a normal score of 2/5/4 or something. (scores don't matter etc. etc. but you get the idea) The successful Ezreal built triforce and infinity edge, I think.

Zukuu

Banned
So I tend to main jungle. Want to get into a few new ones, to be more versatile. Already been playing J4 and Cho, so I'm arguing with myself who I shoot for next. Lee? Noct? Vi? Zac? D: So indecisive. Why can't there be a j4-2. I enjoy building pure tank and still having an awesome early game engage, disengage and damage output. It's Lee, right? I should have known. kk Lee it is. Thanks guys.

Nekofrog

Banned
I was just raging pointing out people's bad records on lolking, while conveniently ignoring my own. What's your name? :p

Side note, champions that I hardly EVER see do well in Silver: Twisted Fate and Ezreal. With no escape against high-mobility, gap closer, high-CC junglers and AP mids, it is super rare for a Twisted Fate to survive long enough to be able to poke enemy teams. Ezreal can poke, but I very rarely see him do well in teamfights no matter what items he builds, unless it's a Lux + Ezreal + three tank team so they can just combine ults into the enemy team from the back lines. I recently had Twisted Fate on my team versus Ezreal on the other team so it was battle of the fates...but that Ezreal went like 9/2/7 while our TF had a normal score of 2/5/4 or something. (scores don't matter etc. etc. but you get the idea) The successful Ezreal built triforce and infinity edge, I think.

Same username as here, and everywhere. I proceeded to go 7-1 Ahri, and the only reason I had that 1 was because I dove after we took both their Nexus towers down for the lulz. Our ADC wasn't garbage this time around, holding up my theory that the biggest thing holding me back are my teammates. That's not to say that I'm perfect, by no means. I make plenty of my own mistakes, but none severe enough to warrant the losing streak I finally broke.

Saprol

400 minimum distance on Olaf is weird.

Zyra Bot is now available in the Co-op vs. AI rotation
Wow megaton. I can't configure QoS on my home network so I'm stuck with 400+ ping a lot lately. :/

Did Olaf's passive change? If not then he'll be getting that on top of 80% AS from the new Vicious Strikes and increased healing like Trundle W but based on missing health percentage.

Too bad he's not getting a VU in the process.

Blizzard

Banned
So I tend to main jungle. Want to get into a few new ones, to be more versatile. Already been playing J4 and Cho, so I'm arguing with myself who I shoot for next. Lee? Noct? Vi? Zac? D: So indecisive. Why can't there be a j4-2. I enjoy building pure tank and still having an awesome early game engage, disengage and damage output. It's Lee, right? I should have known. kk Lee it is. Thanks guys.
I think Zac may fit all of your needs, but he may tend to be banned a fair amount at least in silver.

Also after saying in chat I wished for an enemy disconnect after my team's disconnect, the next game I basically got it. At a key point their jungle shyvana (who was wrecking with frozen mallet and triforce, of all things) went afk (but not disconnected, probably just real life stuff), causing their team to suddenly vanish for like 5 minutes while we recovered inhibitors. Shyvana came back but it was apparently too late, plus my team was being shockingly reasonable and letting me poke with AP corki so we could take down towers.

I got another quadrakill with AP corki and was SO CLOSE to penta, but cooldowns/running out of missiles/missing an R messed it up.

Burt

Did Olaf's passive change? If not then he'll be getting that on top of 80% AS from the new Vicious Strikes and increased healing like Trundle W but based on missing health percentage.

Too bad he's not getting a VU in the process.

I'm assuming it'll stay the same. Seems like they're really trying to refocus Olaf around his W, especially with the mana reduction to a flat 30. There used to be a lot of lanes where you could totally neglect W and just poke with Q then win trades with E. It wasn't worth staying in to make use of your W, particularly with the toll it took on your mana pool and axe poke. Now that E starts lower and scales off AD, W seems a lot more attractive early on in pretty much every lane.

Spirit Visage and some lifesteal are gonna be core. The thing that I'm trying to decide on is whether it would be better to turn a vamp scepter into a Bloodthirster to help with the E scaling or a bjork for the AS, procs, and MS steal. The Bloodthirster feels like it makes more sense, but not being able to close the gap is the shittiest thing about Olaf and the bjork'll help with that.

Don't think I'm a fan of the changes overall, but Olaf was in a kinda crap spot anyway so whatever, it's something new for my Brolaf. Who needs a VU with the best skin in the game anyway?

Boken

Banned
Well it seems more like they want to refocus olaf around auto attacking a whole lot more

which i suppose makes sense since hes like this brawling viking duder

but i kinda like that Q spamming resetting running through them and Q spam some more mechanic

should put that on a bruiser mage

I'm assuming it'll stay the same. Seems like they're really trying to refocus Olaf around his W, especially with the mana reduction to a flat 30. There used to be a lot of lanes where you could totally neglect W and just poke with Q then win trades with E. It wasn't worth staying in to make use of your W, particularly with the toll it took on your mana pool and axe poke. Now that E starts lower and scales off AD, W seems a lot more attractive early on in pretty much every lane.

Spirit Visage and some lifesteal are gonna be core. The thing that I'm trying to decide on is whether it would be better to turn a vamp scepter into a Bloodthirster to help with the E scaling or a bjork for the AS, procs, and MS steal. The Bloodthirster feels like it makes more sense, but not being able to close the gap is the shittiest thing about Olaf and the bjork'll help with that.

Don't think I'm a fan of the changes overall, but Olaf was in a kinda crap spot anyway so whatever, it's something new for my Brolaf. Who needs a VU with the best skin in the game anyway?

I don't know. This is speculation but a BT might be better in terms of damage and healing because with his passive and W combined he'll be attacking very fast. W also gives increased healing effects dependant on how much hp you've lost so your BT will be even more effective for life gained per strike. Botrk would help with more gap closing but his Q doesn't decay anymore and the slow is increased at all levels. I don't play Olaf at all so I'm just wondering about how these changes will affect how you fight against him.

As for this season 4. What kinds of changes are we talking about here? Re-doing or adding a lot of items? Map changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom