• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
After failing three promotion series in like three days, I just got the famous +19 LP to 99 LP, then +0 gain for the next win. If I understand correctly, I'll continue to gain +0 LP potentially forever after this point, but gain MMR, until I lose another game at which point the gains will reset.

SO MYSTERY

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
disturbing lack of good katarina Sona fanart

You're absolutely right Boken.

FiVc7fS.jpg

Lost my first promo match. I was Garen doin my thing top...but Trist bot was busy getting off to a 0/6 start in the first 12 minutes.

Hopefully the next 2 will be wins.

edit: aaand nope. why can't my ADC's play the role? Positioning is such an important thing and so many just don't get it.

Boken

Banned
Lost my first promo match. I was Garen doin my thing top...but Trist bot was busy getting off to a 0/6 start in the first 12 minutes.

Hopefully the next 2 will be wins.

edit: aaand nope. why can't my ADC's play the role? Positioning is such an important thing and so many just don't get it.
I believe that adc is the worst played role in lower tiers. It's just too mechanically intensive for an inexperienced player to be on top of everything with.
I don't always play Singed, but when I do it's always against a Teemo.
I'm afraid of nobody when I play singed.

Phillip's patch notes thoughts that probably nobody wants to read:

Re: Jinx - I thought she was going to be in 3.13 around Halloween time, but her being in 3.12 actually makes sense. Lucian being delayed forever would have given her extra time before her PBE cycle for fixes and changes. Aside from the chompers which have been added in, there was nothing glaringly buggy/out of place with her sooo... an extra week on PBE, out next weekend I think.

Re: Cassiopeia - I don't think this change will make her played more, but I wonder does it carry over to Treeline too? Might offset some of the other nerfs she got there. Nice change for Cassio players I guess (all 4 of them that play her on SR).

Re: Katarina - low elo games to be full of bad Katarinas again which makes me so sad :'(

Re: Lucian - I don't know, way to not address his problems? Never found his Q hard to hit. Don't see why they didn't go through with the ult changes (better spike at 6, but slightly worse late game).

Re: Olaf - Kinda cements him as a jungle. shifting AD to his ult and extra attack speed and sustain to W says to me quick jungle clear times and ganks. Minimum range on Q seems awkward but I get why they're doing it. So many nerfs to numbers. Reckless swing will be vicious late game. Need to play it before making a judgment.

Re: Ryze - Ryze gets the Rengar treatment to make up for range nerfs - gotta go fast.

Re: Shen - nerf expected.

Re: Thresh - actually like the change on the hook. Rewards players who are good with him by giving them overall lower cooldowns and more playmaking ability. E change makes sense.

Re: Teemo & Yorick - now I can make bank off what makes them annoying. Thank you based Rito. Specifically good against Teemo as it gives you return on the investment you made to clear the shrooms. Almost like an apology ("we know these guys suck to play against, at least you can make money now").

Re: Trinity Force - nerf expected. glad they reverted the damage nerf.

Re: Treeline stuff: my team's Wukong/J4/Rumble comp not as stronk anymore Q_Q.

Actually, judging by this, she may be out sooner than that:

Riot Ve1vet said:
Ah, she is in this patch! Just won't be turned on for a little bit while the final kinks are ironed out SOON!

Can't say an exact date since I'm not the Jinx-on-switch-flipper- I'M WORKING AS FAST AS I CAN Q___Q

Its pretty silly to make yoricks minions worth gold again, riot removed that like 1 week after he launched, why repeat history

because Yorick is a terribly designed champion that's awful to play against, so Riot wanted to give people something back for enduring playing against the assholes that pick Yorick.

This is the fastest any champion has gone from reveal/pbe release to patch inclusion. It might signal new times at Riot after Lucian's push back.

Possibly. Or else most of the work was done internally while Lucian was delayed :/

I mean, he took forever, and it's already been well over a month since his release.

This is the fastest any champion has gone from reveal/pbe release to patch inclusion. It might signal new times at Riot after Lucian's push back.
I don't know, this feels like Riot's old champion timing.

Teaser then a week later reveal and another week later release.

And yeah, it's most likely Lucian screwing up the schedule so they just kept working on her in tandem. I really hope they fix her model before release though.

I can't fucking wait, though I won't play her until S4 starts, gotta abuse Eve jungle to get gold while I can.

And back to zero LP in Silver V again. Think I'm gonna ask for carry roles after this. I'm clearly not good enough to carry from the support role.

erragal

And back to zero LP in Silver V again. Think I'm gonna ask for carry roles after this. I'm clearly not good enough to carry from the support role.

Who are you playing? Some supports lend themselves to 'carrying' more than others. When you're still at sv/iv and still getting spme bronze in your games you should have no problems being the best player in your lane as a support and really just controlling the lane as long as you don't put yourself into a bad matchup.

If you aren't an aggro player in lane then impacting the game as support becomes trickier. It'd help if you give some detail as to how you're playing and what matchups you're losing.

The other aapect of support is overall social engineering. I'm constantly trying to give my adc positive support/make sure we're on the same page, trying to safely maintain vision and really pushing my team to take advantage of objective openings and press advantages/keeping lanes clean. Game knowledge at that level is really random so even if you get early leads you need to prevent the jungle milling/aram derping.

Who are you playing? Some supports lend themselves to 'carrying' more than others. When you're still at sv/iv and still getting spme bronze in your games you should have no problems being the best player in your lane as a support and really just controlling the lane as long as you don't put yourself into a bad matchup.

If you aren't an aggro player in lane then impacting the game as support becomes trickier. It'd help if you give some detail as to how you're playing and what matchups you're losing.

The other aapect of support is overall social engineering. I'm constantly trying to give my adc positive support/make sure we're on the same page, trying to safely maintain vision and really pushing my team to take advantage of objective openings and press advantages/keeping lanes clean. Game knowledge at that level is really random so even if you get early leads you need to prevent the jungle milling/aram derping.

Honestly, I'm throwing up my hands at this stage. I used to think I was a fairly competent support (Leona/Janna at any rate), but nothing seems to go right these days. I don't want to blame the ADCs, 'cos I'm sure I'm contributing to the losses, but support is not working at all for me any more. I mean, I have bad times in other roles, too, but support has been quite consistently bad for a while. :(

I dunno, I ward and try to watch out for danger, ping missing enemies, suggest dragon, save my carry, praise teamwork, etc. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Hey me too

Feels so good, right?

Switching roles often works when you feel you're in a slump regarding your own skill.

I played nothing but mid for two years and couldn't get anywhere. I arrived at the conclusion that I'm a really shit mid besides thinking it was my best role after practicing it for so long and it turns out I'm a much, much better jungler/marksman due to the way I play - I either focus 100% on my lane and farming or I focus 100% on roaming and ganking, and to be a good mid player you need to do both - and I've been playing better and better after focusing on those two for the past 5 months or so.

garath

I believe that adc is the worst played role in lower tiers. It's just too mechanically intensive for an inexperienced player to be on top of everything with.

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. In the world of assassins and gap closers galore, it is challenging to play an ADC in low elo. If you don't get an advantage in lane, you're pretty much screwed. Positioning in teamfights is just not happening.

Especially if you get stuck in the role.

Switching roles often works when you feel you're in a slump regarding your own skill.

I played nothing but mid for two years and couldn't get anywhere. I arrived at the conclusion that I'm a really shit mid besides thinking it was my best role after practicing it for so long and it turns out I'm a much, much better jungler/marksman due to the way I play - I either focus 100% on my lane and farming or I focus 100% on roaming and ganking, and to be a good mid player you need to do both - and I've been playing better and better after focusing on those two for the past 5 months or so.

^^ that's pretty good advice. On top of possibly finding a role you are more suited to, you learn more about the overall game by getting more comfortable with what the other roles are doing. Play some normals in a new role, get comfy with it and then spam it in ranked.

Edwardo

So what champs benefit the most from using smart cast? Other than all of them..

Feels so good, right?

It's an every other day thing, so im used to it by now -_-

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. In the world of assassins and gap closers galore, it is challenging to play an ADC in low elo. If you don't get an advantage in lane, you're pretty much screwed. Positioning in teamfights is just not happening.

Especially if you get stuck in the role.

And if you don't get any peel.

So what champs benefit the most from using smart cast? Other than all of them..
Any champ that needs quick, accurate combos to function. So assassins in general.

Also special mention on Annie. She needs smartcast to do her more complex shit with animation cancelling her W with Tibbers for instant burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom