• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's 0.4 AD but it had its base damage lowered. The big thing is the cooldown going down by a second every time you aa.

Also Darius ult scales off bonus AD. 75% with no stacks oh hemorrhage, with 5 stacks it's 150% bonus AD scaling with up to 680 base damage at rank 3.

Fair enough, haven't played Olaf in ages. Totally forgot about Darius, derp.

Jinx's numbers are high. This is true. They're like that for a reason. All the power on her kit is deferred (Mobility isn't on-demand and abilities have cast times, arm times, ramp times, travel times, etc.) which results in her spells getting to have a little extra oomph. Not saying she doesn't have the potential to be OP, Sol may still want to throw in some nerfs for her, just saying that there's a method to the madness. If she ends up being a problem we'll take the necessary actions to bring her in line

and RE: hurricane

Rocket splash on individual Hurricane bolts is equal to the bolt's damage (50% AD) and can not crit. A single target hit by splash from the main attack and both hurricane bolts will take 210% damage (110% from main attack + 2x50% for the Hurricane bolts."

So Jinx synergizes well with Hurricane? Or should you still build damage?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Definitely not a jungler.
funny. i felt way more successful with him there. ganks suck though. decent clears.
Man, looking at streamers play Olaf, he looks so underwhelming.

Oddly mana constrained considering only 2 of his abilities cost mana. Guess lowering his base mana by quite a bit really hurt him in that regard.
i didn't feel like i was having mana problems.

the issue i have with olaf right now is that the axe just feels super wonky with a minimum range, and his trades don't feel great. with the unreliable axes olaf's sticking power just feels really low. the ad bonus off the ultimate just doesn't feel like a power spike either. on the old olaf it was really important to be able to place your axes anywhere so you could keep chaining them. now they just seem unreliable with a minimum range, because they might go completely off the path you need to take to chase.

So Jinx synergizes well with Hurricane? Or should you still build damage?
Still buy damage. Hurrican is still a terrible item and buying pure attack speed on her is very bad.

Go straight, raw AD. BT > IE > LW > PD/SS. I wouldn't even bother with Zerker greaves on her, probably gonna buy merc threads / tabi every game, her minigun passive is more than enough for most of the game and her base AS is bad anyways so buying extra AS doesn't do much.

scy

Probably don't need IE before LW, imo.

You very rarely need LW as your second item.

Edit: I'd still build ASPD with Jinx. Like, +130% is neat, sure, but do note she only gets +18% from levels compared to +54-72% most other ADCs get and they tend to have a better base to work off of anyway.

We'll see, I suppose. Might not be that necessary in the end.

Edit: I'd still build ASPD with Jinx. Like, +130% is neat, sure, but do note she only gets +18% from levels compared to +54-72% most other ADCs get and they tend to have a better base to work off of anyway.

Buying attack speed yes, but I wouldn't get it as the second item like most carries do.

scy

Buying attack speed yes, but I wouldn't get it as the second item like most carries do.

Possibly. Like, Level 9 she's at ~143% ASPD which is a fairly respectable 1.51 APS and it doesn't really base itself on a steroid, per se, since there's not really a downtime for her ASPD, just a startup time. Off-hand, the closest to that would be a maxed Q Tristana @ 1.508 APS (though not sure why you'd max Q first but, hey, numbers) and even then, that's on a 20s cooldown / 7s duration steroid.

So yeah, it'll probably just be a case of raw damage pick ups and coasting off of Minigun. Rocket Launcher, however, will be atrocious :x

You'll be using the bazooka more for poking, wave clearing and sieging anyways.

Don't forget the 110% damage it does. It's a lot better for poking at towers and just getting some shots in.

scy

Sure, I was just commenting on the ASPD for it being atrocious. ~.7 APS is just painfully slow, especially after the swap where your attack was so fast. It definitely feels completely different when playing her and having to wait for what feels like forever for a rocket attack :x

FoxSpirit

tumblr_mslwv239Qu1spaqpio1_400.gif
Say what you want, that custome is fabulous.

Newt

To clarify, I wouldn't build LW second on Jinx, I just think it should be built before IE. BT-->IE is a super expensive build, and it forces you to buy two BF swords in pretty close proximity which I don't really consider ideal.

My build for her would be

Zerkers, BT, Shiv, LW, IE

pretty much a standard AD build

dimb

7kVFcGE.jpg

feels good to win with two inhibs down and no base turrets. captain boots seem really interesting, especially when coupled with stuff like janna. i want to try them more.

garath

I have 9 pages and I can't fill them all with setups different enough to warrant a separate page, I have no idea what I'd do with 20.

Yeah, you'd think that...

Honestly every time I think I have enough I find more pages I want to use. I'd like different marksman (hue) pages for different matchups ideally but currently only have 1. I'd like more support pages but currently only have 2. I only have 2 mid pages (AP with pen and movespeed with pen) and then 5 or 6 jungle pages. Jungle uses the most by far. I need combinations of AP, AD, attack speed, armor pen, magic pen and move speed. It's pretty nuts.

Also have a couple of pages that are for just one champ which sucks. Malphite and his all armor page. Akali used to have a dedicated page. Lolking is down but I know I have a few specialized pages. I have one I like for Vi that uses att speed, armor pen and AD.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and use my AMEX rp to hit the 20 pages and save my IP for more runes. Still want things like health runes, more regen runes and cooldown runes.

Blizzard

Banned
7kVFcGE.jpg

feels good to win with two inhibs down and no base turrets. captain boots seem really interesting, especially when coupled with stuff like janna. i want to try them more.
Do you recommend the rylais liandrys combination on Sejuani? How early in the build order would you build parts of them? I never normally build damage on her and I sometimes may not even have enough gold for tank items.

I could see captain's boots being potentially good, though expensive, since Sejuani can tend to be too far away from the team if she is not peeling and they might want to run in.

dimb

Do you recommend the rylais liandrys combination on Sejuani? How early in the build order would you build parts of them? I never normally build damage on her and I sometimes may not even have enough gold for tank items.

I could see captain's boots being potentially good, though expensive, since Sejuani can tend to be too far away from the team if she is not peeling and they might want to run in.
i built lyandrys/rylais because their damage output was pretty low, and the way their comp worked they had lots of divers but no real tank killers, so i opted to build more damage to keep my team safe. don't remember exact order of build. golem was first, then tabi. visage first after that. then sunfire. then guise. then rylais. then liandry. i don't think liandry's is a very good item. it's okay if you build it as the very last thing though.

you should always be close to your team on sejuani.

Macattk15

Really Riot?

I JUST bought a Rune Page with IP yesterday and now today you mention you can buy 2 for the price of 1 ....

So annoying.

LCGeek

formerly sane
premade 5v5 are so much more fun than solo q. i should just stop playing alone.

premades and ranked are so much better than just soloing. Find a good gaffer and grind away it's quite fun especially once you get past the shitty parts of silver or gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom