• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty much one of the "signs" of lower skill level players. The whole "get X then base then figure out what to do next" thing. Instead of getting kills and then objectives, they back. Instead of going to free objectives (e.g., Jungler shows top, bot lane just backed, better get to that Dragon) without hesitation, it needs to be forced on them and those few seconds of delay can (and do) actually matter. Kind of a "one-track" mind, I guess? Accomplish goal then figure out next one, basically.

The game he's talking about is
Fnatic vs Royal
. It was less throwing everything at getting kills but more that they were focused on getting pick offs so they were getting good teamfights (e.g., 3-0, 4-1, etc.) but Dragon was already down or the fights were forced without any lane ready to push onto a tower, etc. Meanwhile, every small victory for the other team coincided with all their lanes pushed up so it went right into objectives. Eventually, down a dozen or so kills but already up to their base.

I'm definitely guilty of pulling back and thinking of what to do next after wiping lanes. At least I'm recognizing my mistakes now.

As for that game, I imagine there was a lot of blame going around for not taking care to make sure all the pieces fell in the correct places before making moves.

Riot neglected the EUW servers so they could focus all their energy on creating anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX_IQkeXq9g

That's... not what I was expecting. Really looks like the same animators being the Legend of Korra show.

I've heard it said that duoing for a promotion game is suicide, but who knows. At any rate, my personal goal is to make it to gold without duoing to prove I can do it. Maybe I can't, but I'm going to keep trying to beat the odds through October, I guess. If nothing else, maybe I will end up with something like 15 lost gold promotion series by the end, for some sort of statistical anomaly.

Thanks to people who provided suggestions. As always, people are very welcome to spectate and provide constructive criticism after games, if anyone is bored.

Yep, that was the game. Thanks for filling in the details. :)

If you're losing 100% of your promotional games I can't imagine how duoing up would make that worse, unless the person you're with is of a higher rank than you resulting in you getting matched up with more skilled players.

Regardless hopefully you can move past this hurdle somehow.

I just watched this guy not land a single last hit on one of those double minion waves with cannon minions while trying hard to do it with a fully stacked minigun and being completely alone in lane.

I want to watch Jinx gameplay but this is just painful.

Newt

Doran's Shield vs Cloth Armor +5 health pots. What matchups calls for either start?
Doran's shield is more for auto attackers ie Kennen, cloth 5 is more for casters ie Khazix. In my experience it's best to take Doran's shield on champs that have sustain like Garen, Shen or Vladamir.

Snowman

Doran's shield is more for auto attackers ie Kennen, cloth 5 is more for casters ie Khazix. In my experience it's best to take Doran's shield on champs that have sustain like Garen, Shen or Vladamir.

Cloth 5 can also work better if you know you're gonna be taking a ton of harass in lane early on just because of the potions.

drawkcaB

It's also a solid idea to pair Doran's shield with sustain runes, either HP regen or LS quints if you're a champ that will be building additional lifesteal.

2013.10.04.articlebanner.champskinsaleawej4.jpg

New sale.

I erased this game from my computer a few months ago. The other players ruined it for. I was told to kill myself over a bad Ezreal build. Talk about extreme. I've been interested in reinstalling it. Has there been many changes?

BlazinAm

I erased this game from my computer a few months ago. The other players ruined it for. I was told to kill myself over a bad Ezreal build. Talk about extreme. I've been interested in reinstalling it. Has there been many changes?

Changes to the community?

A person spewing that vernacular is probably going to get reported frequently. Most of the time people don't say anything.

Yes! Ezreal rushes Trinity Force now.

;)
haha good one.

Burt

Apparently Nasus top with a Doran's shield, LS quints, and a health pot is an immovable object in lane? Anyone have any experience with that? I'd try, but I'd rather see if you guys have tried it before I spend 35 minutes staring at creeps in lane.

BlazinAm

From what I'm reading, Battlecast Kog is coming soon. Might want to hold onto that RP unless this is just the skin you must have.

Battlecast Kog images were shown at the PAX panel and at Riot's booth irrc. They came out and said the stuff they were showing are not indicative of future skins. But the images out their have gotten a positive reaction so who knows.

hey guise

is the mumble server information from the current OT still relevant? do you still use it or do I just omit that part?
Yes it is accurate.

Type2

Man thats the third straight promo I have lost trying to get out of silver 5. The system keeps putting me at 90lp so its easy to requalify but im so tired of the fails.
When its not an afk or feeder, theres a a challenger smurf nidalee, chasing into the enemy jungle for kills when youre way ahead, supports who dont ward....and manage to lose lane too and omg the egos.

Bronze/silver ego is way too large.

Apparently Nasus top with a Doran's shield, LS quints, and a health pot is an immovable object in lane? Anyone have any experience with that? I'd try, but I'd rather see if you guys have tried it before I spend 35 minutes staring at creeps in lane.

Nasus is completely broken right now. He's better than old Mordekaiser in lane and has an insane late game.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Alright, I'll keep it.

Thread is pretty much almost done. Will post tomorrow to coordinate with Costigan - he is going to claim second post for a GAF player list that can be manually updated.

Speaking of Costigan, impressions from people that read the text he wrote for the OT are, and I directly quote, "damn, [he] writes like a 6th grader". Please be excited.

Here's a thread preview. Be warned, contains plot details.

DeadNames

Banned
Alright, I'll keep it.

Thread is pretty much almost done. Will post tomorrow to coordinate with Costigan - he is going to claim second post for a GAF player list that can be manually updated.

Speaking of Costigan, impressions from people that read the text he wrote for the OT are, and I directly quote, "damn, [he] writes like a 6th grader". Please be excited.

Dat ass on Frostblade Irelia is better

Burt

Nasus is completely broken right now. He's better than old Mordekaiser in lane and has an insane late game.
That's a shame. Been playing him out of the jungle since like mid S2 (when it wasn't that great between Q costs and itemization) and love it, but sounds like he's due a hit with the nerf bat. I guess I'd be alright with them just bringing his Siphoning Strikes cost back to what it was. Itemization is good enough nowadays that it wouldn't ruin him.

Now I begin my search for a custom cursor mod.

After messing around with adc's for a bit it's become rage inducing how it disappears during fights because it just blends into the ground/champions and I end up clicking the ground for half the fight because I can't see it.

Leezard

Alright, I'll keep it.

I was told there was going to be doge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom