• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

Apparently Nasus top with a Doran's shield, LS quints, and a health pot is an immovable object in lane? Anyone have any experience with that? I'd try, but I'd rather see if you guys have tried it before I spend 35 minutes staring at creeps in lane.

As a Cho player, playing vs Nasus is the most boring match up ever. It's just a farm fest. It's why I switched to Renekton top lately.

Q8D3vil

Apparently Nasus top with a Doran's shield, LS quints, and a health pot is an immovable object in lane? Anyone have any experience with that? I'd try, but I'd rather see if you guys have tried it before I spend 35 minutes staring at creeps in lane.
Welcome to 1 month ago.
This is how i got into platinum btw (except health regen instead of LS).

Merovin

I don't think I'm going to be able to do this Gold 1 grind to Plat... +10, +10, +9, so now I'm at 29LP (6 win streak)... I'm scared of what will happen when I lose.

le bip

Neo Member
I don't think I'm going to be able to do this Gold 1 grind to Plat... +10, +10, +9, so now I'm at 29LP (6 win streak)... I'm scared of what will happen when I lose.

See you at 90+, where you win 5-4-3 per win until 99, and then you lose two or three in a row. Currently sitting at 97, I'm not such a fool to think I'll qualify anytime soon

See you at 90+, where you win 5-4-3 per win until 99, and then you lose two or three in a row. Currently sitting at 97, I'm not such a fool to think I'll qualify anytime soon

just keep at it, you will eventually get there.

I had the same setup. I survived Teemo, then completely ignored him once I got a Cowl.

So with rune pages on sale for IP for a change, I assume I should pick some up? (I'm sitting on the default 2). I have 20k IP atm. Is one pair enough or should I get more?

Boken

Banned
So with rune pages on sale for IP for a change, I assume I should pick some up? (I'm sitting on the default 2). I have 20k IP atm. Is one pair enough or should I get more?

rp cost = 530
ip cost = 6300

champion
rp = 975
ip = 6300

runes are the evil

but you gotta spend rp, unless you are swimming in ip

The Jinx nerfs look great. Nothing that hurts her gameplay, just nipping abuse cases, I love it.

The fact that her E had 950 range was WHAT THE FUCK A 950 RANGE SNARE

Blizzard

Banned
corki5brs0f.png

15th gold promotion game, from my 5th gold promotion series in 9 days. First victory besides the two 5v4 games out of that streak. I decided to try mid again instead of jungle.

The Orianna was only Gold IV, but compared to me that was enough skill difference. She was SUPER annoying and I died at least once to her early being careless. I'm not used to Oriannas harassing at max range (that is, out of tower range, hitting you when you're next to/behind the tower) with the ball constantly.

Mothman91

corki5brs0f.png

15th gold promotion game, from my 5th gold promotion series in 9 days. First victory besides the two 5v4 games out of that streak. I decided to try mid again instead of jungle.

The Orianna was only Gold IV, but compared to me that was enough skill difference. She was SUPER annoying and I died at least once to her early being careless. I'm not used to Oriannas harassing at max range (that is, out of tower range, hitting you when you're next to/behind the tower) with the ball constantly.

2 more wins, 2 more wins!

YOU CAN DO EEEEEET.

Heimer rework coming in the 3.13 PBE build alongside Xerath

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Burt

Welcome to 1 month ago.
This is how i got into platinum btw (except health regen instead of LS).
Yeah, I had my game uninstalled until like 2 days ago.

Setup definitely works though. Seems like a good way to work back through my ranked decay. Assuming I don't bore myself to death first.

Blizzard

Banned
I just tried Kat with the adjustments. In contrast to Garen, I like how Kat feels now better than before. Not having the delay on the ult is very nice.

Both the ranked and unranked games I played tonight were laggy though, so I'm going to try to act pro and wait until tomorrow to finish the promotion series.

Blizzard

Banned
The ward is being a man.

Look at him, being all imposing and stuff.
I feel like I must be missing some joke about protecting the tower...it's a blue ward behind a purple tower. I think dimb just meant that a ward in that spot can reveal both sides of the bush. Looking closer, I feel like it's an illusion though, since there's a second blue ward there.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like I must be missing some joke about protecting the tower...it's a blue ward behind a purple tower. I think dimb just meant that a ward in that spot can reveal both sides of the bush. Looking closer, I feel like it's an illusion though, since there's a second blue ward there.
the ward gives vision under the back of purple's tower while not being revealed by it. has nothing to do with the bush.

scy

Off-hand, I don't think I had vision on that ward from tower and it shouldn't grant vision beyond the treeline there. At least, I'd like to think we never had vision on it just to save me from flat out overlooking it despite how often I was in that area.

edit: refreshing is hard

Blizzard

Banned
the ward gives vision under the back of purple's tower while not being revealed by it. has nothing to do with the bush.
Wouldn't that work with most any spot in the gap though? I thought that gap was out of vision range of the towers if a ward was in it.

Off-hand, I don't think I had vision on that ward from tower and it shouldn't grant vision beyond the treeline there. At least, I'd like to think we never had vision on it just to save me from flat out overlooking it despite how often I was in that area.

edit: refreshing is hard
I'm still confused by this, sorry...it shouldn't grant vision beyond which treeline? It's almost in lane, so having lane vision should be normal.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Back to playing Nami after a slight slump and my first promotion series to get into Gold 1 ended 1-2. Even in the games we lost I feel like I played my role well and put up a pretty good fight. At least it only knocked me down to 90 points, one more win and I'm back into it.

I feel like my number one weakness is my mechanics, I sometimes have terrible positioning that causes me to not be near my carries when I need to be. I also tend to get baited into ward wars pretty easily since I value vision so much. Just something I need to work on through experience.

Not a bad day at all.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
oh man. i have an ot in my subscriptions with no subtitle. it's great. please consider.
Wouldn't that work with most any spot in the gap though? I thought that gap was out of vision range of the towers if a ward was in it.

I'm still confused by this, sorry...it shouldn't grant vision beyond which treeline? It's almost in lane, so having lane vision should be normal.
The point is that the ward position provides excellent vision under turret while being inside its detection range but untargetable.

scy

...right, I was saying it does not give any vision over the trees. Just the lane vision while being outside tower range.

Ferga

rp cost = 530
ip cost = 6300

champion
rp = 975
ip = 6300

runes are the evil

but you gotta spend rp, unless you are swimming in ip

I've only spent rp on skins. Never for runes or champs. I use to only play for win of the day too.

You lie.

Boken

Banned
no what i mean is that if you ever plan on buying a champion with rp, it just makes more sense to buy the rune pages with rp and the champion with ip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom