• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtle

Queen Ashe has revitalized my Ashe abilities. I feel I do so much better with aggressive supports than with passive/poke supports. My archenemy, Caitlyn is a walk in the park for me now :)! I wanted to make Oktoberfest Ashe my avatar, but I don't want to break the dog cycle.

EDIT: I just feel good. It's like I can feel my abilities improving. Especially when I beat a ranked Caitlyn who used to give me so much trouble.

Zemzp2b.png

Conflicted ._.

Queen Ashe has revitalized my Ashe abilities. I feel I do so much better with aggressive supports than with passive/poke supports. My archenemy, Caitlyn is a walk in the park for me now :)! I wanted to make Oktoberfest Ashe my avatar, but I don't want to break the dog cycle.

EDIT: I just feel good. It's like I can feel my abilities improving. Especially when I beat a ranked Caitlyn who used to give me so much trouble.

Queen is nice, I also really enjoy Amtheyst

Kenai

Mmmm, won my first ranked game (new avatar for the occasion), and a normal match where we were 4/5 the whole time. Feels good (what do you all use to take screenshots?)

zkylon

zkylewd

Zemzp2b.png

Conflicted ._.
I always loved freljord ashe

she's have that ice cold look I love in real life women

of course they turned her into a cheerleader in na

Jenga

Banned
alright, them changing the muramana from magic damage toggle to physical damage toggle has done wonders for jayce

seriously, i'd say his poke is almost on par with lux or nidalee now, only it's AOE

excellent buff, muramana feels even better now

garath

alright, them changing the muramana from magic damage toggle to physical damage toggle has done wonders for jayce

seriously, i'd say his poke is almost on par with lux or nidalee now, only it's AOE

Makes me sad for Ryze though.

drawkcaB

Muramana shouldn't proc on his poke because it's AoE. Not to say the change isn't good for Jayce since you can pair it easily with BC or LW, but I don't see why it would make his accelerated Q better.

scy

It does nothing for his Q at all. What it does do is work with his W for a massive triple damage shot.

Muramana Jayce is pretty standard for him anyway though.

why is it worse for ryze? wouldn't he benefit of dealing mixed damage?

Not really. Now it means he's not getting Penetration bonuses to the Muramana damage. If he's trying to blow up something with far less Armor than MR (somehow), I suppose it's better then for him.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not really. Now it means he's not getting Penetration bonuses to the Muramana damage. If he's trying to blow up something with far less Armor than MR (somehow), I suppose it's better then for him.
is it like a thing I don't know that magic damage > physical damage because people usually have more armor than mr?

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_of_the_Spectral_Wraith

Am I crazy for kind of wanting this on a few of my ap-mids? Would round out my lux to a nice 40%CDR if I skip something like Liandrys... hm.

Apparently it's cost effective without the monster damage as well.
scarra used to build it on anivia

scy

is it like a thing I don't know that magic damage > physical damage because people usually have more armor than mr?

It's more a thing that he builds Spell Penetration and not Armor Penetration.

It's the same reason for why having the old Madred's as %HP Shred as Magic is worse than Blade of the Ruined King's %HP Shred as Physical. That bonus damage is lined up with the kind of damage that the user actively wants.

Janna/Gragas/Tristana save whoever they want.

99.9% of the time, it's the enemy that they save.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's more a thing that he builds Spell Penetration and not Armor Penetration.

It's the same reason for why having the old Madred's as %HP Shred as Magic is worse than Blade of the Ruined King's %HP Shred as Physical. That bonus damage is lined up with the kind of damage that the user actively wants.
makes sense. I was having a conversation with a friend the other day and he kept going on about how you wouldn't be able to itemize against ryze anymore but to me physical damage just made him weaker since he wouldn't benefit from magic pen. really I dunno if ryze actually builds any magic pen anyways, but at least he'll lose the 9 from runes.

There is nothing worse than playing ADC on a team that won't peel for you. Nothing. Sick of it.
I run like 13 defensive masteries on adcs just for that reason. just shoot the guy next to you and run as far as you have to, your team be damned

I'm a 5 item Caitlyn (IE, PD, BT, Bezerker's, Last Whisper), so I fucking chunk, but my team is too busy trying to kill a support Kayle who has her ult on and a full tank Jarvan to give me a hand with the Fizz that's jumping all over me. We have a jungle Hecarim who only wants to itemise for himself, no lockets or bulwarks or anything, and uses his ult to dive an enemy ADC under his tower, alone, and does't get anything out of it. Also he doesn't ward. Ever.

Apparently I'm "not the priority for protection", and because I had the least kills I'm not important. Even though I out damage everyone in the game at that point.

They want to protect a Kha Zix whose only damage item is a Brutalizer, and has a Warmog's, Sunfire and a GA.

And this is my own ranked team, my friends. It's no-brainer stuff. I don't even particularly like playing ADC, but the rest of them have such a lack of versatility that I can't lane where I want to because they can only play one role.

Me and my support were getting camped by their Lee Sin the whole game, but our Hecarim was too busy trying to stop our mid lane from feeding so hard, even though the lane was lost already, to come bottom even once before we got the tower even though we were getting camped.

And the worst thing is, they won't listen. They all have such a solo queue mentality that it makes playing with them such a chore at times. They're so oblivious to everything in the game other than kills.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh

Win streak comes to an end because idiots don't ban Blitzcrank and then proceed to feed 1/12 mid. Ah well.

garath

This gamecribs was boring.

"We lost to Vulcan, it's all your fault Dyrus" la la la.

"We beat curse! Hooray! Happy Turtle"

Dyrus found 1 egg. Sad Dyrus.

Map specific balance changes coming:

RiotNome said:
"First off, you’ve deserved a response to this thread for a long time, and I’m sorry we haven’t been able to give you one until now. We’ve been well aware of how the Dominion and TT communities have felt left behind and ignored, but we wanted to make sure we had a plan that we were confident in and committed to before commenting, because we don’t want to make any more empty promises.
Dominion’s fun (it’s fast). So is Twisted Treeline. But they both share one key problem – League of Legends is competitively balanced for Classic gameplay on Summoner’s Rift. Our original goal was to create rulesets that would result in balanced experiences across all game modes with the same champion stats. We’ve experimented with itemization, game pacing, map features, and other design elements. While we’ve had limited success here, there’s still room for improvement, so we’re going to take the plunge: in the near future™, we’re going to be implementing map-specific balance changes for individual champions.

This is going to take a few patches to implement, but we’re actively working on the tech, and we’re already got a bunch of specific balance changes in mind that we’re iterating on. We’re sure there will be lots of questions regarding the initiative, so we’ll announce more specifics when the time comes. I’ll actually be joining the live design team to head up map-specific balance for TT and Dominion. Remember that this is just the foundation for support - we’ve got some other tentative plans that we’re exploring to enhance both maps farther down the line!"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You must not play TT or Dominion.
You're right. I don't because they're shit, so why bother sussing about with them. Obviously it's not a 1:1 analogue but there is so much to be done on SR with balancing that it's almost insulting they are going out of their way to mess with stuff on those maps. They will never be able to make enough changes to the champions to make things work.

Zukuu

Banned
I need your help LOL-Gaf.
After pestering me for years, I have finally given in and downloaded LOL. Now, I NEVER go unprepared and uninformed into a competitive game. I'll play offline for a while, testing my hero and do some math, test out items etc. The problem is, WHICH HERO?

I can not possible dig through all and judge them fairly from their description on the lol site. So I'd like to ask experienced players to suggest a hero for me.

I have a background in WC3, and tried HoN beta for a very short time. In WC3 I really liked WARDEN (sniping enemys for huge damage + slowing them, port, annoying them) and the WITCH DOCTOR (mass CC + static turret minions + heal). I'm not afraid of advanced and technical characters. In HoN, I deemed Puppet Master to be the most interesting.

Can you list a few heroes that would suit me?

From the few heros I randomly clicked on the site, Kassadin sounds the most interesting.
Pantheon sounds good as well, although a bit straight forward. Tho, I love Spears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom