• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

erragal

You're right. I don't because they're shit, so why bother sussing about with them. Obviously it's not a 1:1 analogue but there is so much to be done on SR with balancing that it's almost insulting they are going out of their way to mess with stuff on those maps. They will never be able to make enough changes to the champions to make things work.

GFY.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is Cassowhateverhernameis good? Cuz she seems good. Im new to her and owning
she's pretty good, not top tier (I think it's because of her high skill cap), but I'd say she's a bit underrated.

I need your help LOL-Gaf.
After pestering me for years, I have finally given in and downloaded LOL. Now, I NEVER go unprepared and uninformed into a competitive game. I'll play offline for a while, testing my hero and do some math, test out items etc. The problem is, WHICH HERO?

I can not possible dig through all and judge them fairly from their description on the lol site. So I'd like to ask experienced players to suggest a hero for me.

I have a background in WC3, and tried HoN beta for a very short time. In WC3 I really liked WARDEN (sniping enemys for huge damage + slowing them, port, annoying them) and the WITCH DOCTOR (mass CC + static turret minions + heal). I'm not afraid of advanced and technical characters. In HoN, I deemed Puppet Master to be the most interesting.

Can you list a few heroes that would suit me?

From the few heros I randomly clicked on the site, Kassadin sounds the most interesting.
Pantheon sounds good as well, although a bit straight forward. Tho, I love Spears.
well I'd suggest to start with the cheaper champions, like all the 450 and 1350 IP guys are easy to learn and are decent enough.

can't help you beyond that since I never really played warcraft 3 all that much.

oh and pantheon is indeed a bit simple but he's a lot of fun, I like him a lot.

Subtle

You're right. I don't because they're shit, so why bother sussing about with them. Obviously it's not a 1:1 analogue but there is so much to be done on SR with balancing that it's almost insulting they are going out of their way to mess with stuff on those maps. They will never be able to make enough changes to the champions to make things work.

"I don't like this so it's shit and fuck everyone who enjoys it"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
"I don't like this so it's shit and fuck everyone who enjoys it"
Five people with bad taste don't matter. Riot wasting resources away trying to shoehorn in multiple modes has always been and will continue to be a joke. Now balance just becomes confusing and there is no way to properly communicate the balance changes around multiple modes.

Keep pretending it's okay for them to be funneling tons of time and effort into these modes while the game still doesn't have basic functionality like replays though.

Boken

Banned
I need your help LOL-Gaf.
After pestering me for years, I have finally given in and downloaded LOL. Now, I NEVER go unprepared and uninformed into a competitive game. I'll play offline for a while, testing my hero and do some math, test out items etc. The problem is, WHICH HERO?

I can not possible dig through all and judge them fairly from their description on the lol site. So I'd like to ask experienced players to suggest a hero for me.

I have a background in WC3, and tried HoN beta for a very short time. In WC3 I really liked WARDEN (sniping enemys for huge damage + slowing them, port, annoying them) and the WITCH DOCTOR (mass CC + static turret minions + heal). I'm not afraid of advanced and technical characters. In HoN, I deemed Puppet Master to be the most interesting.

Can you list a few heroes that would suit me?

From the few heros I randomly clicked on the site, Kassadin sounds the most interesting.
Pantheon sounds good as well, although a bit straight forward. Tho, I love Spears.
Is warden queen of pain? I suppose you'd love Kassadin then. I love qop and kassadin)

This week's free champions you could try ezreal (carry) or Leona (support)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Team that theorycrafts balance has absolutely nothing to do with the coders that implement things like replay.
It is almost like Riot is a company that has money who could hire a certain number of people to work on something, and if its important they could hire more people to work on that thing.

If these people work on balance their time could be spent better in other places related to the actual game instead of the carnival games sideshow that Riot keeps pushing to try and flesh the game out. Or we could keep pretending Poppy and Sion don't exist, whatever.

Boken

Banned
Dimb is right on the confusion point. It's just so messy. Why do I have to relearn a Champion if I use them in TT or dominion, and eventually they'll balance for aram. I have to relearn the champions I'm playing against too? Gross.
Burden of knowledge
Unfun

Resources is really a non factor though. Riot has plenty of money to hire and teams and people have different expertises

Einbroch

Banned
It is almost like Riot is a company that has money who could hire a certain number of people to work on something, and if its important they could hire more people to work on that thing.
Too many cooks in the kitchen. Balance is a tricky thing. You can't change too much at once but you can't leave things the way they are. So between working on SR they work on TT and Dominion. Since TT balance has been an issue for months, that's a lot of time to work on such things.

If more people could solve balance issues in games, Blizzard would have made WoW perfectly balanced since they're rolling in cash. But we all know WoW is an unbalanced nightmare.

Nome

The changes are largely going to be invisible to players, and handle abuse cases (at least initially). Ability functionality won't change--abusive parameters will.

Zukuu

Banned
Is warden queen of pain? I suppose you'd love Kassadin then. I love qop and kassadin)

This week's free champions you could try ezreal (carry) or Leona (support)

I looked up a few more heroes and Kassadin stands out so far. The Queen of Pain is indeed based on the Warden (the base WC3 hero).

Warden
Blink - Teleport, short cool down
Shadow strike - huge single target damage + slow
Fan of Knives - Damage AoE around her
Avatar - Creates a controllable phantom figure that summons invincible minions from dead minions around her.

Dex - Melee
Just loved to blink and annoy enemies with Shadow Strike. Lvl 6 was awesome and could farm by itself.

Witch Doctor:
Hex - Transforms a target into a helpless frog that can't attack nor cast spells and moves at a greatly reduced speed. Can be attacked without breaking, I think it reduced armor as well.
Snake Ward - Can summon up to 3(?) Snake wards that spit at the closest enemies.
Healing Wave - Chain healing.
Vodoo Dance - makes everyone around him, except himself invincible (couldn't care about it)

Int - Ranged
Mainly played with Hex and Snake Wards. Healing wave is helpful as well. Controlled from the back and supported all around him. Hex was on a somewhat short cool down, so could be used to chase heroes, CC them or to get away.

Boken

Banned
The changes are largely going to be invisible to players, and handle abuse cases (at least initially). Ability functionality won't change--abusive parameters will.
I'd just like to say that I think the volibear nerf was pretty premature. A Champion should be allowed to have good early game gank options if he can be easily counter picked in the team fight phase through slow based supports. I've see plenty of pre nerf volibears get completely controlled in the ogn
Wither nerf. Screw you Riot. It's roughly a single-target 25% ASPD reduction on average now.
I can't access the link, but the most obnoxious part wss the huge range

Kenai

Is Cassowhateverhernameis good? Cuz she seems good. Im new to her and owning

She is kinda hard to use and mana hungry. I was doing pretty bad with her early-game vs a Veigar. My team was like 2/5 at the 10 min mark and I was 1/3/0 of that. :(

Her ult is absolutely devastating though, and she has great synergy with scepter and Liandry's. Add in a DC and I actually turned things around and carried pretty hard later. I zoned like crazy with W and caught 4/5 in a stun, it was a great feeling after doing so bad before.

I think my main problem was pushing the lane too hard early, but I could defend my tower pretty well too. All that poison melts minion waves and a nice puddle in front of a turret dissuaded people from sticking around to down it.

These changes seem good to me. Nasus is kind of gross right now. This honestly doesn't hurt him that much.
It thankfully doesn't affect his jungling, though it hurts his teamfight and dueling. Teamfight presence is still there since it's hard to ignore someone who can make you barely move.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really drunk right now. I wonder if I should play LoL.

I'm kind of considering playing my first ever ranked game, but that seems like a bad idea.

Subtle

65X2Mlq.jpg
The game started with an invade with Xin taking both blues. Our Fizz was afk the entire game so I had to go mid. Elise quit once I had killed her four times. How we pulled through, I don't know.

If they're going to keep the other modes around, they should balance them, and this is the way to do that. And who knows, maybe they will eventually come up with something worth playing. But I agree, I'd rather they totally focus on SR.

Jeez they weren't kidding. Nasus is boss at soloing dragon.

For someone with 1500 wins, Ryze sure hell was easy to gank, yet he still never bought wards.

PS. I hate you Corgi. :mad:

ZUTrAFV.jpg

---

PBE Udyr right now.

If my maths is correct:
Active: 230 (+160% AD) (up from 150% compared to live)
Passive: 15% AD (up from 10% compared to PBE)

635012467164300750.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh Silver 1 is a massive roadblock, going 1 for 1 in most of my games yet I'm stilling getting 33 LP and losing 12 LP per loss so the promotion series should be soon.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I would like to commend everyone who participated in my first game today. It went well and it was fun even though it was soon followed be a defeat in the next game to which I contributed greatly. Sorry. The traps were still fun though. Thanks for the laughs.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
i remember you posted a video and then made another post about how no one watched the video

wb thoo!!

Well, I assume people watched the videos but no one commented which sort of made me feel sad. Then again, the thread is really live sometimes and really really dead somtimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom