• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that hard to tell. You won't get the "you have slain an enemy!" message and there will be 4 little blobs to kill, very easy if he is by himself and you didn't turret dive or something.

I thought you were going to complain about his ganks since I have yet to find a way to properly ward against him in the laning phase.

I just started playing League and only saw 1 other champion with an auto revive so I was just kinda surprised. Also I was a little frustrated in the game to pay attention all that much because the whole match whenever I started an attack on a team, my team members would sit back and watch me die then go full assault. It's not that we were at a disadvantage or I was weak, it's just that they didn't attack when I attacked (which I was a tank which is my job).

So yeah I wasn't paying attention since I never saw Zac b4 and just kinda thought I slayed him.

Apparently this is the All-star bracket:

NA vs China and EU vs Korea (First Round)
Loser (NA vs CH) vs Loser (EU vs KR) ("Losers Bracket")
Winner (NA vs CH) vs SEA and Winner (EU vs KR) vs Winner ("Losers Bracket") (Second Round)
Winners of Second Round play the final.

SEA gets a bye into the winner's round, presumably because TPA won S2.

Edit: TPA skins confirmed for during AllStars.

zkylon

zkylewd
there's not gonna a be a single sona game without her arcade sona skin now :/

not like it was rare or anything anyways

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

OG Sona players rock the Guqin anyways.

riot really needs to change their logo. it always bug me, looks like something a 12 year old drew. they have that scrooge money now, hire a designer plox.

Anyone know any videos of any good Ezreal or Gragas gameplays?

I really want to learn how to play as these 2 since I bought them recently and have been doing terrible with them. I tried looking at Sykkuno's and ZGRWhyUDead's videos for Ezreal and Gragas but it didn't really help much. So anybody have any recommendations?

Cathcart

OG Sona players rock the Guqin anyways.
I use both, because they are both awesome. If you let other people ruin a skin for you the terrorists have already won.

I really hate the art for that new Orianna skin, though. I've been hoping for a new Ori skin for a while; she's only had one since release. Guess I'll be waiting another year and a half :(

Edwardo

I'll definitely buy Malz tomorrow. I had a blast playing him last week when he was free.

How is Kha'Zix as a jungler? I've seen him in a few of my games going jung and he was just ok. Saw him top sometimes as well and it was just a meh performance.

AcridMeat

Banned
Kha Zix is good if you're picking him to counter a top. Too many people take him top thinking they'll be fine. He's also a champion that requires the person playing him to know how to use him effectively in a teamfight.

That's true about all champions, but he'll be utterly useless otherwise.

Cathcart

I'll definitely buy Malz tomorrow. I had a blast playing him last week when he was free.

How is Kha'Zix as a jungler? I've seen him in a few of my games going jung and he was just ok. Saw him top sometimes as well and it was just a meh performance.

His ganks aren't great and he has mana problems. Helps a lot if you have a mid like Kat who can live without blue. He's better off top or mid depending on who the other team has.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Malzahar isn't very expensive with IP. You probably don't want to pick him up with RP.

Kha'Zix isn't a very good jungler, but he can do it. He kind of needs farm so he's better suited to mid or top. I actually think most of his matchups are pretty good and he's pretty versatile.

Sheik

Kha Zix is good if you're picking him to counter a top. Too many people take him top thinking they'll be fine. He's also a champion that requires the person playing him to know how to use him effectively in a teamfight.

That's true about all champions, but he'll be utterly useless otherwise.

Who does he counter and who is he bad against? Judging by this week's LCS games, I know Riven counters him hard lol.

Is Trundle a more viable jungle with his revamp?

Sheik

She doesn't.

Oh, the casters said she did and Voyboy got owned, but I've never played him against a Riven. I only played him very briefly when he was free a few weeks ago. I've seen more players play Riven recently though, she seems pretty good.

Subtle

I shit you not all four of my last ranked games have been lost due to feeding top players. I'm now -8 games on ranked. I'm never recovering.

I'm going to buy Sona just because of her skin sale. Her arcade skin is the second best skin IMO. (I prefer Foxfire Ahri, but I'm obviously biased).

That, and Teemo. I haven't bought him, but once they change the price of Astronaut Teemo, I think I'll buy him.

Not that anyone cares, but I just hit 100 wins in 5v5. (I tainted my record with 7 wins in 3v3). I know, Ahri again, but I couldn't help but play with her, she's so damn sexy fun to play with. So, my friends doesn't stop telling me to enjoy this "time", because once I hit level 30 it will become hell... it isn't that bad, right?

I have noticed I have much easier opponents when playing solo-queue than when I play with my friends, I'm sure that playing in a pre-made with two lvl 30 with above 3,000 wins have something to do with that. (It would be unfair if not)

PS: It's me or Karthus is almost a free-lane? Or people are really bad with him, haven't losed a single matchup against him. And I have played like 7 matches against him with Ahri.

dimb

Oh, the casters said she did and Voyboy got owned, but I've never played him against a Riven. I only played him very briefly when he was free a few weeks ago. I've seen more players play Riven recently though, she seems pretty good.
You shouldn't ever take the casters of League games very seriously. Kha'Zix is a pretty safe laner, especially once you hit six. Just don't die to Riven 1-3. Riven is more popular than usual right now because this early game strength translates well to Red Elixir meta.

scy

Riven does well against Kha'zix in general with a Shield and stun.

But Kha'zix can play completely safe so it's more that Riven does well when she can catch a Kha'zix ... but he shouldn't be giving that position up to a Riven.

Boken

Banned
To provide counterpoint to sodacop the never played riven player and add to the riven v khazix discussion,

I think riven has a favourable matchup v khazix -
- she has an incredible all in advantage pre 6 and khazix cant do anything about it except waste his E to jump away - which has a longer cd than riven's skills.
- post 6, kha zix can poke riven pretty hard, but her all in is still better than his, and should take advantage of that to avoid being poked to death

dimb

I own Riven and have a skin for her. Even if things might potentially tilt in her favor at certain points it isn't a matchup I would look at and say, "this is a counter". The points you are making apply to many of Riven's matchups in lane.

Boken

Banned
I think what you're trying to say is that she isn't a HARD counter, rather than disagreeing with what I said.

Well, I don't think shes a hard counter either.

everybody has that riven skin

I want to double dip on sona skin but then i rather have a skin for multiple champ than multiple skin on one champ

do it, its going to be 1350 soon. and its an amazing skin
skin hipsters be damned

XHJUzpB.jpg

Loving dat tree.

Kenai

It feels good to carry your team. Went 31/6/16 as Twitch. I rotated between GA and Banshee's and Warden's Mail at the end since I had so much money. Wish I could do this in ranked, but oh well. Maybe sometime. They didn't even have an ADC so I knew it'd happen if it lasted to lategame.

zkylon

zkylewd
PS: It's me or Karthus is almost a free-lane? Or people are really bad with him, haven't losed a single matchup against him. And I have played like 7 matches against him with Ahri.
it is, and ahri is specially good against him since you have a long range ability that stops his ult and if you get slowed by him you can just ult away.

but like as lux or something sometimes you underestimate his W+QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ and get killed

normally though, you should destroy him if he doesn't play super safe, as any good karthus would.

Achtius

I think what you're trying to say is that she isn't a HARD counter, rather than disagreeing with what I said.

Well, I don't think shes a hard counter either.

everybody has that riven skin

do it, its going to be 1350 soon. and its an amazing skin
skin hipsters be damned

no boken, stop tempting me. :(

I rather get a lulu skin.

the creepy one
they are all creepy

Boken

Banned
1350 vs 475.

thats a saving of 875 RP! Thats almost a whole skin!

Think about it acthius, if you'll EVER want the skin you'll lose out unless you buy it now

Boken

Banned
I constantly associate you with attractive argentinian ladies.

you lucky bastard.

you should just play on the latin american server so you can meet an attractive gamer girl and then date her.

zkylon

zkylewd
I constantly associate you with attractive argentinian ladies.

you lucky bastard.

you should just play on the latin american server so you can meet an attractive gamer girl and then date her.
well I did date a cute girl I met playing ragnarok online

and I ended up heartbroken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom