• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malz is like the best AP mid in the game. He does so much damage.

I went against a Kassadin mid with a Nocturne ganking for him on a frequent basis. Ended up getting an early Banshee's and merc treads so I'd come out ahead in all of our trades. He barely got off any Q's on me as well since I would just lead him with my own whenever he rift walked into me.

Not to mention his E is like easy mode farming. Just slap it on a minion and watch it do all the work for you as it clears the entire wave. It's also pretty useful for teamfights when you get a kill with it and it spreads to nearby enemy champions.

Worth every point of IP.

Zukuu

Banned
Should've just kept kassadin, I love him. The 6 stack E ability is a balance mechanic, to keep his abusive post 6 laning in check. He's purely a mid liner though, so I can understand how he felt underwhelming to you?

Flash is good on cho yes, but hitting your ruptures is pretty much the same thing
there should be an XP boost in the store? either that, or ive seen a lot of starter packs going around that give you a bunch of starter champs, XP boost and IP boost for like 5$ from a store
see: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/g...k-new-summoner

anyway, join us at - the league OT for more advice from other people http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...527871&page=33
So, here again: What is the difference between the two EXP Boosts? One is for 10 wins and one is for 1 day. Do both yield the same effect? (max exp per match / win?)

I'm (not yet) into playing multiple heroes, so I want to find heroes that I personally like. Kassadin didn't work out the way I hoped, because while being a strong assassin, I felt outplayed against a shitload of heroes mid lane, forcing me to stand Qing for last hits. Also, very squishy, despite his port, at least against 2+ heroes. With Cho, I can almost just walk away.

I'll spend those points I got for the refund on another hero at some point, and buy a boost for the rest of the points.

I'm really intrigued by Lulu tho. reminds me off Witchdoctor, so that's pretty awesome. I just love hex.

Also, what do you think is the best for Cho?:
-1/2 Relentless and 1 Defender and 1 Reinforced Armor
-2/2 Relentless and 1 Defender
-2/2 Relentless and 1 Reinforced Armor

Neki

Isn't that normal double elimination?

When someone says double elimination, that implies to me that in order to be eliminated from the tourney you need to lose two sets, one set to go down into loser's bracket, and one set once you're in loser's bracket to get eliminated. What they have there is some weird format where if you're going to lose a set anywhere, it's only beneficial in round 1, SE/TW can't even lose a set.

I'm (not yet) into playing multiple heroes, so I want to find heroes that I personally like. Kassadin didn't work out the way I hoped, because while being a strong assassin, I felt outplayed against a shitload of heroes mid lane, forcing me to stand Qing for last hits. Also, very squishy, despite his port, at least against 2+ heroes. With Cho, I can almost just walk away.

The thing with Kass lane is that, assuming you're going against a magic caster, you'll often win trades. Q has a huge base damage and prevents the enemy from casting more than 1 spell. His passive lets him take even less magic damage.

He loses to strong AD casters (Panth), anyone with exceptional range (Annie's AA, Cass' spells), and even strong AD Carries (Draven). It's his post 6 that lets him abuse so many champs in lane, so it's often a battle to survive to 6.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is this why you stick to lux now?
huh?

what you say :3

Why do we fall, zkylon?

You have to try again. For all of us.
For me.
For Crackbabyjr.
I will vicariously date Argentinian girls through you.
I just got the disappointment today to know the girls from my film class that I wanted to hook up dropped out. it's specially sad because she's into hippie mushrooms sex and she's a redhead.

I like redheads

and blondes

everything but brunettes, really, brunettes are 98% of the times more trouble than they're worth

never had a serious relationship with a non-brunette

First GP supp game incoming, I am with MF (2 Pirates!!) against Varus/Blitz.
I should have done this while I was still in Silver 5 I think I will get demoted for these 10 games.

Edit: ARRRR supported this game to victory, or maybe I got it carried by the Orianna (it really was the Orianna).
Laning phase sucked, especially as MF was afk in base for the first 2 minutes (which was kinda a big deal)
we then had a lot of really close encounters we unfortunately lost, but I think if the start was a little better and I generally knew how to play support we might have even won the laning phase.

However later in game with Shurelias, Ninja Tabis, Aegis and Wardstone (plus stattik and chalice) I turned into kind of a bruiser, while the Blitzcrank was just more or less cannonfodder.
I would always protect important people (not me) from hooks and then I could go W E and throw my ult, which really helped a lot in teamfights.
Maxed E first which is a really strong multipurpose skill, together with Shureliyas you could really chase down people or escape. It also shines in teamfights where MS gives some positioning help and the extra AD doesn't hurt either (well the enemies).
I failed to rp as a pirate though, must fix this.

Sounds pretty good. Shurelya's is such a nice item, I forget until I build it on support and make mad plays.

Fuck just realized I lack the vocabulary to rp as a pirate in english.
Gonna look up some 18 century saltwater slang.

Next game GP/Draven against Leona/Graves.

I just yell 'PLANKED' in /all every time I get a multikill of any kind*. It's faster.

*brofist*

Vi's my favorite champ as well. And now she's rarely banned. It's wonderful.

Vi's the champion that finally made me want to jungle. Now I jungle all the time. :D

while giggling uncontrollably

Kenai

So, here again: What is the difference between the two EXP Boosts? One is for 10 wins and one is for 1 day. Do both yield the same effect? (max exp per match / win?)

Depends on how many games you want to play in 1 day. You can stretch out the 10 wins to get bonuses on first win every day if you really wanted to, but most people play more than that and you'd be not playing the rest of the day instead of getting more points. It's really going to depend on how you play.

Boken

Banned
good ARAMs again :) sorry for my first of the 2 Yi games :/
ARAMS?!
When someone says double elimination, that implies to me that in order to be eliminated from the tourney you need to lose two sets, one set to go down into loser's bracket, and one set once you're in loser's bracket to get eliminated. What they have there is some weird format where if you're going to lose a set anywhere, it's only beneficial in round 1, SE/TW can't even lose a set.
it is quasi double elim -
double elimination for the first round, then single elimination for semis. weird yep, but SE/TW got a bye anyway.
Magma Chamber getting reworked apparently o:

into a 1v1/2v2 map

she's into hippie mushrooms sex and she's a redhead.

I like redheads

and blondes

everything but brunettes, really, brunettes are 98% of the times more trouble than they're worth

never had a serious relationship with a non-brunette

beautiful.

LuuKyK

Finally reached 7800 IP. Im ready for you Lissandra!

Also, I changed my avatar. @_@ The guy is giving this suspicious look at my posts. Boss.

percephone

Neo Member
so I was looking at the All star brackets and it's NA vs China and EU vs Korea with SE/TW getting a bye, but the supposed format in place makes zero sense to me, does anyone know if this is for real? xD

http://bbs.ngacn.cc/read.php?tid=6156881&rand=0.8892729927320033

it's like you're allowed to only lose once in the first round, after that, you're screwed, not sure why'd they do that

Look like they are missing enough teams to do a real double eliminations. Usually the losers of the 2nd round meet the winners of the first round of the loser bracket. With this the winner of the losers bracket get promoted to the winner bracket. Sucks for SE but otoh, they only have to win one match to get to the final.

Boken

Banned
Look like they are missing enough teams to do a real double eliminations. Usually the losers of the 2nd round meet the winners of the first round of the loser bracket. With this the winner of the losers bracket get promoted to the winner bracket. Sucks for SE but otoh, they only have to win one match to get to the final.

well they can still do a full double elim -

lower bracket: loser of match 5 v loser of match 4 [match X]

-loser of match 6 v winner of match X [match Y]

Championship final: winner of match Y v winner of match 6 (winners final)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ZFTvY5N.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
comments on summoner showcase video:
Frank Cocain 59 seconds ago
esta mujer esta cada vez mas puta, me la re cojo toda

and you people want me to play with my countrymen

not gonna translate it but you can guess what it means

Finally reached 7800 IP. Im ready for you Lissandra!

Also, I changed my avatar. @_@ The guy is giving this suspicious look at my posts. Boss.
two foory coory avatars, I'm not sure I like the competition

beautiful.
zky's life in a nutshell: sadness

Boken

Banned
worst launch skin ever?

Lissandra_Splash_1.jpg

worst launch skin ever

anivia's kinda boss tho

it makes her body look quite nice actually.

"esta mujer esta cada vez mas puta, me la re cojo toda"
this woman is increasingly a bitch, I re lame all

sounds like something a white man would say.
argies = same as na people

Subtle

Keep in mind this is RANKED:

I ask for an aggressive support, like Lulu or Leo. Some guy auto locks Garen support. I'm obviously upset, but if he's good whatever. Starts Boots+Pots. Takes my CS. No lane presence. Starts complaining about how I'm unskilled. -.-

Ferga

I just had a game where a lane swapped happened.

I was able to steal the first blue from the enemy team from great team work, take my own blue and red and secure 2 kills on the enemy bot lane.

Took a 7minute dragon.

Started to steal every single buff in the enemy jungle with wards and oracles.

Took the 13 minutes dragon.

Only mid was losing so the entire team forgot about farm, grouped up, killed mid and took two mid turrets.

Took the 19minute dragon.

We ended up having oracles up all game between me and the support and denied vision everywhere.

Took a 21minute baron and utterly destroyed the game.

So much teamwork, so many pings, so much coordination. All 5 members of the team kept timers on the buffs and dragon so we would all move towards them before they spawned to secure them all without saying a word. Just... in tears.

I even got 42lp from it.

Neki

well they can still do a full double elim -

lower bracket: loser of match 5 v loser of match 4 [match X]

-loser of match 6 v winner of match X [match Y]

Championship final: winner of match Y v winner of match 6 (winners final)

I hope when they say match in the picture they mean set, a best of one is too random, at least a best of three up until finals, then best of five.

Blizzard

Banned

I was able to steal the first blue from the enemy team from great team work, take my own blue and red and secure 2 kills on the enemy bot lane.

Took a 7minute dragon.

Only mid was losing so the entire team forgot about farm, grouped up, killed mid and took two mid turrets.

We ended up having oracles up all game between me and the support and denied vision everywhere.

So much teamwork, so many pings, so much coordination. All 5 members of the team kept timers on the buffs and dragon so we would all move towards them before they spawned to secure them all without saying a word. Just... in tears.

I even got 42lp from it.

How much LP do you normally get for wins?

zkylon

zkylewd
it makes her body look quite nice actually.
I like it.... :|

I like how creepy it looks. I don't go for cool looks or anything like that.

Will probably get it if lissandra is any good
iyh2JjsUI6Qi1.gif

you crazy?

it looks like a spaceship crashed on her face

her hips are about as wide as her forearm

she has new morgana teeth

"esta mujer esta cada vez mas puta, me la re cojo toda"
this woman is increasingly a bitch, I re lame all

sounds like something a white man would say.
argies = same as na people
muy bien

Oh come on, Im no competition! :p Besides, its just temporary, Iksel or Lightning are coming back soon. :D
YEAH WE'LL SEE

I have no idea what anivia's right leg is doing.
yeah thought the same thing when I looked at it, but rest is pretty good

but yeah, leg is fucking weird

Boken

Banned

Took a 7minute dragon.

I even got 42lp from it.

This is when playing ranked feels amazing
How much LP do you normally get for wins?
somebody is jealous. just get +10 wins over losses summons
iyh2JjsUI6Qi1.gif

you crazy?

it looks like a spaceship crashed on her face

her hips are about as wide as her forearm

she has new morgana teeth

if i didnt know better i wouldve said you were a girl
ive just come to accept weird hats on lissy
but i love me some hips

Ferga

Lissandra skin = Not attractive

That's why I like it. The less sex appeal, the better. So sick of designers basing everything around sex appeal.

I don't mind a drooling hunchback woman in league actually.

Ken

That's why I like it. The less sex appeal, the better. So sick of designers basing everything around sex appeal.

You mean her classic skin right? Because from what I can tell they upped the sex appeal on the alt. skin because the classic skin had none.

kSt

worst launch skin ever?

worst launch skin ever
Yep. A navigation light on the right wing should be green. They'll never get a license this way.
*runs*
No wait. I'll post this awesome art of the new skin for my waifu, the hero no one needs right now.
Shyvana_Splash_4.jpg

*now runs*

zkylon

zkylewd
I know there's nothing new about this, but lux is op in aram :p

it's luxanna time :D

ibwV4sVikN8THI.gif

(it's also like the only mode I ever win at anymore rofl)

also almost got a penta as kat on aram. damn you ap maokais.

if i didnt know better i wouldve said you were a girl
do you? do you really?

Yep. A navigation light on the right wing should be green. They'll never get a license this way.
*runs*
No wait. I'll post this awesome art of the new skin for my waifu, the hero no one needs right now.
Shyvana_Splash_4.jpg

*now runs*
yeah that shy skin's pretty cool

I don't mind a drooling hunchback woman in league actually.
huh? it's actually a "sexy" (if you're into that kind of shit) version of the default skin

less clothes, contorted body, her left hand groping a giant invisible penis

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
*runs*
*now runs*
That's a pretty rad skin. Too bad it's for Shyvana.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's a pretty rad skin. Too bad it's for Shyvana.
yeah, I really wish they reworked shyv

just add a stun or slow somewhere, or give her a +50% damage against neutral minions passive or something so she can counterjungle or whatever.

kSt

Too bad it's for Shyvana.

;_;

Going to buy it on release. Just because it's a new skin for Shyvana. It will probably be pretty rare unless rework happens.

yeah, I really wish they reworked shyv

just add a stun or slow somewhere, or give her a +50% damage against neutral minions passive or something so she can counterjungle or whatever.

Slow on Q is all I ask.

zkylon

zkylewd
just beat a team with lux and nidalee in aram. we had malph, shy and vi.

hard engage > poke

Slow on Q is all I ask.
my suggestion is that her Q stuns people debuffed by her E, and then a small knockup or stun on her ult (or just add more damage).

Do not want.

Also, it was fun watching gaf smurfing, my heart felt the pain just by watching. I wonder how many newcome uninstall the game tonite :(
smurfing is just mean if you go and stomp low level people. I try to always play with new champions or do unusual builds or something so I'm not just making people miserable. it's not even funny, really.

Nothing like your jungler going afk for the first 7 minutes of the game to get ya demoted a series. -_-
ush, that sucks :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom