• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Also worth noting that you can watch your Armor/MR with Defender to see when someone is nearby.

Just to note, unless you're not grabbing Ignite, your Offense tree should probably be grabbing Summoner's Wrath for the bonus to Ignite. Losing 1% of CDR (or ASPD) isn't that big of a deal.

I feel kinda lonely in EU-West.

If it's any consolation - so do I. Let's start up an Eu-West 5man!

I've been talking about EUW regularly, I thought. :<

There's a NeoGAF channel already where you can arrange games with the best Tarics, Jax tops and jungle GPs of all Europe. Sometimes the GP even comes with an amazing triple bot lane.

Hey, that was ONE TIME. My friends trolled us all. >.<

add me and i promise you L's all day long.

I'm up for some EUWest fun sometime, get in the NeoGAF chat channel!

Yay more EUWGAF friends! :D

Moodmon

Neo Member
Still getting my head around the tricky practice of not dying and getting last hits. So I have come upon a solution. Play support. All your last hit problems disappear.

Suppose it helps I'm finding Karma really good fun to play. Helping the carry escape/kill with the shield, poking with the flashy twirly spell skill (I think that is the official name) and randomly rooting people to the spot. Really tempted to spend some hard earned IP on her after the free week has ended.

Have started to play against some actual players. I always seem to get paired with an Ashe, which has gone well 2/3 times. Is it wrong I get tremendous satisfaction out of warding stuff and preventing ganks?

I'm also on EU West if you absolutely need someone terrible to fill out a team/laugh at on the other side. I don't have Gankplank yet though, which I suppose rules me out of ever being invited to anything. That is a thing, right guys?

Jaxel

Hey guys, I'm a relatively new member of NeoGAF... the fighting game fans know me, because I've been producing videos and streams for various fighting games for 8 years now. Anyways, I just started playing League of Legends about 2 months ago, and I've been streaming my learning process the entire time!

http://8wayrun.com/streams/8wayrun.1/channel

I have multiple monitors, so I can see your comments as I play, so feel free to come in and chat, give me some advice, or just plain stream monster it up. I often play with stream monsters, so if you're interested (and you have skype), you can add me to your League friends list as "Jaxelrod".

I'm also a programmer and the coder who programmed many of the features you see on fighting game forums around the net. In fact, the link I posted earlier in this thread to my stream is part of a stream browser written by me... you guys may appreciated the "MultiView" feature which is available by clicking the matching link in the navbar.

IsayFever

Hey guys, I'm a relatively new member of NeoGAF... the fighting game fans know me, because I've been producing videos and streams for various fighting games for 8 years now. Anyways, I just started playing League of Legends about 2 months ago, and I've been streaming my learning process the entire time!

I have multiple monitors, so I can see your comments as I play, so feel free to come in and chat, give me some advice, or just plain stream monster it up. I often play with stream monsters, so if you're interested (and you have skype), you can add me to your League friends list as "Jaxelrod".

I'm also a programmer and the coder who programmed many of the features you see on fighting game forums around the net. In fact, the link I posted earlier in this thread to my stream is part of a stream browser written by me... you guys may appreciated the "MultiView" feature which is available by clicking the matching link in the navbar.
Welcome aboard, make sure to join the gaf channel and stuff. We play games (on occasion), and are generally nice chaps

Cool man. I'll check you out.

Jaxel

Welcome aboard, make sure to join the gaf channel and stuff. We play games (on occasion), and are generally nice chaps
Where is the GAF channel?

Also, I may be new to LoL, but I'm not completely new to MOBAs.... in 2008, I was the #1 ranked Erebus player in Demigod for the first few months of release. Then about 15 years ago, I was the #1 ranked Sole Survivor player for 2 years straight (the first ever MOBA)... But these new age MOBAs, with jungle and stuff like that are completely foreign to me.

AdventChild

Neo Member
I tried Taric, like u said.

ibsBuSGyK1M3tI.JPG

First time Trynda.... nvm :D

LCGeek

formerly sane
Where is the GAF channel?

Also, I may be new to LoL, but I'm not completely new to MOBAs.... in 2008, I was the #1 ranked Erebus player in Demigod for the first few months of release. Then about 15 years ago, I was the #1 ranked Sole Survivor player for 2 years straight (the first ever MOBA)... But these new age MOBAs, with jungle and stuff like that are completely foreign to me.

You're also a pretty Damn good SC player. Think I met you during the SC2 era when a lot of big names still use to play.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Still pottering around the heady heights of level 11. Some guys already pick carry/support (Ashe/Tree thing), one guy is Jax and the other one is a Leona. Awww, I have to pick a carry? Well Tristana is free, let's see how bad I can be.

End up laning against Khazxi'sx'az' and a ghost horse dude (look, I'll learn the names at some point). Which went surprisingly well. As they try and focus the minions I take pot shots. Then they both rush me and I rocket jump the hell outta there, surviving by skin on teeth on at least two occasions. They do eventually get me, cue profound sadness.

Take at look at the cs leaderboard and I'm doing quite well. Then the Jax who is milling around decides to give me a hand, and things just snowball from there. Rocket jump just past them, throw a massive cannonball at them right into the green goo guy's hands. Tremendous fun. Just a really good game. No trash talking, no moaning, just playing. Which was sightly better than previous one where I got rolled and one guy (on my own team) made sure I knew it. Still, learning process I guess.

I cannot help feeling I playing against people below the age of 25. Makes me feel...

3sbvv1.jpg

I'd recommend following the "2 losses and stop" rule for ranked.

If you're losing 95 LP in a day you're probably losing at least 4 games in a row, and that can make you pretty dejected.

I'd recommend stopping after 2 losses in a row because it's just a downward spiral from there. Stop and come back the next day fresh.

Blizzard

Banned
25? lol.

you would be lucky to play against 15+ year olds.
Weekend LoL = afk jungler from level 1, AP mid sitting dancing at baron (did this 2-4 times), typing about it, and using a homophobic slur, AD carry with nothing but 5 stacks of potions and 1 stack of wards in their inventory. That was my most recent game. And the best part was, the LoL client crashed so I couldn't report any of the 3 of them!

And that was draft. Just imagine what blind is like.

Have started to play against some actual players. I always seem to get paired with an Ashe, which has gone well 2/3 times. Is it wrong I get tremendous satisfaction out of warding stuff and preventing ganks?

Actually it's a sign of a good support. :D So well done.

I'm also on EU West if you absolutely need someone terrible to fill out a team/laugh at on the other side. I don't have Gankplank yet though, which I suppose rules me out of ever being invited to anything. That is a thing, right guys?

It's not a thing. The reason we talk about him so much is because it's a novelty to see him for most people. I just find him tremendous fun so I play him a lot.

Concept17

Does anyone else have trouble getting attached to the heroes in this game? For some reason there is never a time where I'm like "I really want to play this hero right now."

I've found some of them really fun, Viktor and Zyra being two of my favorites. But even then I don't really stick to playing them. I've just been going from hero to hero learning each one. Some are more boring than others, but none of them have me excited to keep playing them.

I find this frustrating for whatever reason.

Does anyone else have trouble getting attached to the heroes in this game? For some reason there is never a time where I'm like "I really want to play this hero right now."

I've found some of them really fun, Viktor and Zyra being two of my favorites. But even then I don't really stick to playing them. I've just been going from hero to hero learning each one. Some are more boring than others, but none of them have me excited to keep playing them.

I don't know if I could quantify getting attached to champions. It certainly happens - I play Gangplank a lot more than is really a good idea - but I can't put my finger on when. Probably for GP it was when I had a fun game or two, and then had a bad game but didn't care and made some nice plays. The unexpected good moments are always the best, and I think they might be the reason behind my love for certain champions, and him in particular.

GP: Insane double kill under tower at top when I got ganked at low health
Leona: Double kill opponent lane after they melted my carry
Vi: Destroyed some poor midlaner over the course of a game
Thresh: Landed a pull on Shaco...WHILE he was invisible

etc.

LuuKyK

Fuck everyone that uses Teemo and his annoying mushrooms. I rage just at seeing that he will be in a match, especially if in the same lane as me. ;-; I hate him so much. Late game those mushrooms take like half your life depending on the champ your playing. -_-

Also, give me Lissandra already Riot.

Fuck everyone that uses Teemo and his annoying mushrooms. I rage just at seeing that he will be in a match, especially if in the same lane as me. ;-; I hate him so much. Late game those mushrooms take like half your life depending on the champ your playing. -_-

Buy MR/oracles. Or playing flying champs they go right over the shrooms.

zkylon

zkylewd

nope, all waifus for me

I mostly rotate between 4 or 5 mids, a couple adcs and supports, and not enough tops.

yeah fuck all the teemos.

I really hate some of the champion design in the game. champions like teemo are shit in high-level play, but they wreck havok among bad players (I'm terrible at laning against him too, so it's not aimed at you) so they've basically created a bunch of troll champions that only serve to frustrate and annoy people.

same for tryndamere.

I'd call for total reworks for both of them, so that they're viable for high and low levels of play without making the game annoying and unfun for everyone.

yup, I'm not crazy about her but I'm prolly gonna buy her anyways at week 2.

I kinda want to just play Gangplank forever. I keep thinking about in-game situations in terms of how I could turn them around with his abilities. ('Man, if I were only playing GP now...' is a common muttering.) This is probably unhealthy. It means one of two things. Either I stop playing him so much, or I try him as an AD carry and see if I can actually make him work in every position...

Mothman91

Anyone know if your account can be hacked? I downloaded the game again wanting to play. I tried so many password combinations, and never worked. I tried recovering a password and never got an email. I even tried "forgot your username?" and got, "There are no accounts associated with that email address."

wtffffff, I have several emails from LoL support that are still there, from the damn mac beta too back then.

ughhhhhhhhh

ILL Virtue

Neo Member

Jaxel in the building! I used to play alot of umvc3 and watch your youtube videos faithfully. Thanks for all the hard work! Hope to see some LOL videos up since I pretty much abandoned umvc3 for this game. I like youtube better than streams bc I dont always have time to tune in and youtube videos are much more convenient. Add me bro.. summoner name: comealiveatnite and welcome!

Mothman91

They do sometimes delete accounts that have been inactive for ages. You should have gotten an email about that, though.
Yeah, I've been inactive for a bit, but don't see any emails....
Tried to lolking your account?

Yeah, it's even showing my masteries/runes. Also rocking that S2 icon back then.

And I logged into the LoL website -__- wtff

Edit: Might've been the support section, I believe you have to sign up for that too?

Yeah, I've been inactive for a bit, but don't see any emails....

Yeah, it's even showing my masteries/runes. Also rocking that S2 icon back then.

Ah right, well if you're on LoLKing you should be able to get into it some way. Although if they *did* delete your account, I don't know whether LoLKing would notice.

Edit: No, wait, S2? I misunderstood, thought you hadn't played since beta. I don't think they've deleted accounts since that S2 icon came out (the blue championship cup?).

And I logged into the LoL website -__- wtff

Edit: Might've been the support section, I believe you have to sign up for that too?

Double edit: That's weird. The client should accept the same login details. Support is a totally different account though, not related to your summoner at all.

Blizzard

Banned
I kinda want to just play Gangplank forever. I keep thinking about in-game situations in terms of how I could turn them around with his abilities. ('Man, if I were only playing GP now...' is a common muttering.) This is probably unhealthy. It means one of two things. Either I stop playing him so much, or I try him as an AD carry and see if I can actually make him work in every position...
Yeah, since everyone started playing GP, I started playing him in every position as well. I don't do that great usually, but oddly enough playing midplank seems to have the most success. I haven't really found ANY starting items that work on him besides one or two of the little mana regen things that build into chalice though. He just eats mana so quickly otherwise that harass or farming with Q (even with the reduced cost) is barely an option unless your lane opponent completely ignores you. And if they do ignore you, their wave clear is probably better than yours so yeah. :p

Teemo's fine. I already miss his obnoxious days during early S3. Having an AP auto-attack carry was refreshing.
For anyone who thinks mushrooms are bad now, remember that they used to do what, like 200 more damage? It was brutal if he got a lot of AP and magic penetration and people weren't very carefully moving with oracles.

Mothman91

Double edit: That's weird. The client should accept the same login details. Support is a totally different account though, not related to your summoner at all.

Yep, it was the support section. Hopefully my ticket resolves this -__-

In the meanwhile, I had another account that I had. I logged in and played a game. Have to get use to this again, and I played Karma. Had this "wtf am i doing" vibe while I was playing her.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Yep, it was the support section. Hopefully my ticket resolves this -__-

In the meanwhile, I had another account that I had. I logged in and played a game. Have to get use to this again, and I played Karma. Had this "wtf am i doing" vibe while I was playing her.

They remade Karma just recently. She does nasty damage now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom