• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Too many avarosan supporters @_@

but yeah, great patch.

I think overall, large patches cycles are way better than shorter ones.

Hey, I'm even liking the longer time between champion releases for more time to build up IP.

Yeah, content patches are fine like this.
Luckily there are some minor balance changes patches in between content patches.

Yea I understand this, I just didn't know why the points I got were going down and not up.
It fluctuates. Boken explained it well.

Boken

Banned
Hey, I'm even liking the longer time between champion releases for more time to build up IP.
yeah well this patch had 3 champions to buy
And what if they release 2 champions (new or remake) in 1 patch every 6 weeks?
Clearly the way to stop you is to get you banned somehow
Zkylon = Karthus
PKdC8.gif

tumblr_m8rxckxM6W1r9rdxs.gif

we must fight fire with fire.
we must champion a lady, and represent her with all our might. I believe you guys call that "waifu"
dibs on jennifer lawrence

Blizzard

Banned
Zkylon = Karthus
Zkylon should have used hourglass before the arrow hit.

It fluctuates. Boken explained it well.
This is probably an inaccurate concept but: I think of it as still having the old elo system underneath, just hidden. So maybe gold is still 1500 or whatever number, but someone's "gold V" could be 800 elo because they lost 60 matches in a row. Climbing back from 800 elo to 1500 elo is going to take a lot of matches so they scale the LP to make it equivalent, but we can still feel good about ourselves because we didn't lose the gold/silver/plat rating.

Leezard

This is probably an inaccurate concept but: I think of it as still having the old elo system underneath, just hidden. So maybe gold is still 1500 or whatever number, but someone's "gold V" could be 800 elo because they lost 60 matches in a row. Climbing back from 800 elo to 1500 elo is going to take a lot of matches so they scale the LP to make it equivalent, but we can still feel good about ourselves because we didn't lose the gold/silver/plat rating.
Yeah, they just changed the name elo to 'mmr', and made it hidden.

Blizzard

Banned
Are there any howling abyss items besides guardian's horn and the snacks? For some reason the 3.6 patch notes don't seem to mention guardian's horn, and the wiki isn't up to date yet since it talks about guardian's horn as a PBE item.

Boken

Banned
Are there any howling abyss items besides guardian's horn and the snacks? For some reason the 3.6 patch notes don't seem to mention guardian's horn, and the wiki isn't up to date yet since it talks about guardian's horn as a PBE item.

grez lantern + lightbgringer

(apparently)

Blizzard

Banned
I love the little mute icon. Is that new or did I just never notice it before?

Howling Abyss is a loud map. I feel like the mid bushes are so brightly lit that you feel like you can see inside them when you can't. :p

So I was playing with my friends in the new map, Howling Abyss, (in matchmaking).

We were losing (we lost). And the Warwick tried to kill me inside the "fountain" or whatever is called in the Howling Abyss. I used my Barrier to try and survive, and I did survive, the warwick died by the laser of the base... and then... this happened for the rest of the game.

That laser followed Warwick (it didn't harm him), even when he was out of vision.

Weird.

kSt

If today I was forced at gunpoint to go into ranked games, I'd do it with jungle Udyr. I just come to line, press E-R-E-R and snowball myself and my teammates to victory. No trade-offs, no harass, no lane winning. Farm forest a bit until wards expire, come to line, press two buttons, bam! Kill or assist, kthxbye. Full hp and a red bottle after first clean for instant gank. Met enemy jungler at red? Force him to flash away. Enemy doesn't have cc and wants to get away? Too bad. MS quints, ghost and mobility boots a bit later combined with low cd stun spam just won't allow that. Soo easy after Shyvana who appears to be at low HP after first clear and forced to B, well it doesn't matter anyway since she won't be able to do anything on a gank because enemy just walks away. So does enemy jungler if you happen to meet him. Just when you start winning the fight, he'll just walk away laughing at your useless power.
Anyway, Ice Shyvana skin get. Too bad I won't be able to use her against human opponents until buff at least because I just don't know what to do with her to win a game against same level crowd, and I'm usually being matched with/against much more experienced players than I.

y2dvd

Oh shit. You're on Wildturtl's stream/game.

hahahahahaha.

Saw cho top and thought: "I KNOW THAT NAME!"

Haha I was thinking it was some random dude posing as WildTurtle and called him WildTurd instead lulz. We won that game! Almost threw it too.

I'm the only one representing Winter's Claw. ;[

JparXQj.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Is the general population n00bs because ARAM seems to be WAAAAYYYY easier to win than a normal game. Not sure if it's luck, the fact that I've had good tanks, that some people can't team fight, or if the general pop is just thrown when they can't pick their own character.

methane47

was just in a match with an epic fail.
I'm playing garen.. and started my spin to win... in a team fight. team runs away with disengages or flashes or watever.... I'm like crap... Next thing i know.. Bliz on the enemy team... pulls me directly to them where i pick up 2 kills almost instantly

LOL

LuuKyK

Played ARAM two times and its so much fun. ;-; I was not ready. I also owned everyone with Sina, wtf? Had like 20 kills with her. lol

Boken

Banned
Is the general population n00bs because ARAM seems to be WAAAAYYYY easier to win than a normal game. Not sure if it's luck, the fact that I've had good tanks, that some people can't team fight, or if the general pop is just thrown when they can't pick their own character.

I don't know if theres any matchmaking for ARAM atm, but even if there is, everybody has 0 wins, so ithe skill levels will be pretty random, until people play a bit more.

Subtle

Man. Can't find much on the new quest. Played two games as Ashe against Sejuani/Lissandra and it never triggered /:

Edit: I like Singed. He feels like a superior Volibear, at least in ARAM.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I won every ARAM game I tried today as well, which is unusual for ARAMs I play, so I imagine that yes there are a lot of people trying champions they are clueless about. In theory after a while people will either stop playing it or they will become more used to a variety of champions, and it might even out.

I really do like the patch though, aside from some potential ping or lag issues. Lissandra looks like she might be cool though I don't know what role she will work out in or if she will get nerfed too much. New map is cool. New Trundle and Sejuani are probably cool, and it's cool people get to play the old skins if they want. New item is weird, I feel like it should build into something slightly better endgame. Silence icons are cool if those are new. New ping icons are cool. ARAM queue and the IP and the earned double-reroll system are great! Resizable (and larger-by-default) store is cool.

How do you know if your quest is triggering? It sounded like you just had to play with the icon selected, but do you actually have to play as a champion from that faction as well?

Burt

Team comp has as much to do with it as anything, really. Had a game against Blitz, Alistar, Soraka, MF, and Ashe today. Pulls, knock ups, knock back, heals, long range ults on the carries, etc. My team was Rengar, Renekton, Jax, Ashe, and Fiora. It started out alright, but quickly spiraled out of control as we couldn't compete with their range, CC, or sustain. I think it would've been a hell of a throw for anyone with their team comp to lose to ours in an ARAM.

Ashhong

Haha I was thinking it was some random dude posing as WildTurtle and called him WildTurd instead lulz. We won that game! Almost threw it too.

I'm the only one representing Winter's Claw. ;[

JparXQj.png

oh shit i was watching that game and didn't even notice the name haha, nice

Boken

Banned
oh, in addition to brand new match making values for ARAM (or none at all) - the presence of the queue has attracted many new players to it. So there will be lots of sucky people.

so theres 4 other people on your team vs 5 on theirs. if youre competent, now will be a good time for wins

methane47

OMG just played aram for the first time... and Nidalee was on the opposing team..

WTF? the spear is ridiculous.
that thing has to be nerfed. In one lane, its almost guaranteed to hit someone.

Let me look up that ability.

Human: Nidalee tosses her javelin, dealing 55 / 95 / 140 / 185 / 230 (+65% of ability power) magic damage on impact (deals up to 250% damage the further away the target is).

WTF? lol so at max she could do something like 1000 dmg with one attack with ridiculously long rang, on a 6 second cooldown?

Ferga

OMG just played aram for the first time... and Nidalee was on the opposing team..

Human: Nidalee tosses her javelin, dealing 55 / 95 / 140 / 185 / 230 (+65% of ability power) magic damage on impact (deals up to 250% damage the further away the target is).

WTF? lol so at max she could do something like 1000 dmg with one attack with ridiculously long rang, on a 6 second cooldown?

It's really not that hard to dodge. Especially in ARAM when you can see it a mile away.

Man. Can't find much on the new quest. Played two games as Ashe against Sejuani/Lissandra and it never triggered /:

Edit: I like Singed. He feels like a superior Volibear, at least in ARAM.

Played him in my first ARAM, but I think Windows Update was downloading or something, because my ping was insaaaaaaane. Went up to 3000 at one point. -.- I fed so hard. Didn't try another, but I will. Hoping that it was Windows Update and not the new map making my laptop upset.

bFfhI3e.jpg

Jayce is suuuuch a beast. Love it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I'm in love with quinn, her damage is insane and even if I play her wrong and I get crushed in lane (for doing stupid stuff like using E near tower and getting tower shots or diving with ult like an complete moron) I love how easy you can farm back up with her and how strong her dueling is. still not near close to vayne's but she's just a lot of fun from level 2 onwards.

she's probably a shit late-game adc, though, since no decent steroids on human form + terrible range and all that.

but I just love going crazy on some squishy mid in bird form and bursting them down like I'm playing diana or something.

You're going to make scy quit the thread with the GIFs. zkylon pls.
it's you guys that push me to my naughty ways

Clearly the way to stop you is to get you banned somehow
THERES NO STOPPING ME

Zkylon = Karthus

silly gifs

we must fight fire with fire.
we must champion a lady, and represent her with all our might. I believe you guys call that "waifu"
dibs on jennifer lawrence
why must we hate each other

may the waifus flourish in prosperity and harmony as we all share our love with each other

sure would've, I'm famous for my zhonyaing

in aram nidalee is crazy op but so is lux and xerath and ziggs and many more harassy champs.

in sr not so much, riot already nerfed poor nidalee enough, and the spears are basically all she's got now, so you just gotta learn to dodge them. it's good practice for everything else, really, dodging skills is a good thing to master.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
Played him in my first ARAM, but I think Windows Update was downloading or something, because my ping was insaaaaaaane. Went up to 3000 at one point. -.- I fed so hard. Didn't try another, but I will. Hoping that it was Windows Update and not the new map making my laptop upset.

Jayce is suuuuch a beast. Love it.

My crap of a laptop absolutely cannot handle it. 10-15 fps on that map vs 30-35 on every other... no aram for me T-T

i don't like the new aram map, way to busy and the angle of the road seems odd can't say what exactly bugs me out but it does. liked the simple road with darkness around it way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom