• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to not fail horribly every game I play with Vlad, I like.
However my adventures with Quinn, Lux (especially Lux), Jungle Fiora and Vlad have brought me to a point where I only get 2 LP per win (and lose like 1). Sucks.

garath

I am starting to not fail horribly every game I play with Vlad, I like.
However my adventures with Quinn, Lux (especially Lux), Jungle Fiora and Vlad have brought me to a point where I only get 2 LP per win (and lose like 1). Sucks.

Yeah, I liked Vlad. He was my fallback for awhile. Just farm farm farm and be a lategame beast. Such a strong teamfighter.

zkylon

zkylewd
What's the full patch for those that can't access that site at work?

Nunu
Consume [ Q ] - now deals 600/700/800/900/1000 true damage (up from 500/600/700/800/900)
Consume [ Q ] - now heals for 90/130/170/210/250 (+0.75*AP). (down from 125/180/235/290/345(+1*AP).)
Consume [ Q ] - Nunu gains bonuses for 120/150/180/210/240 seconds based on what he consumed.
Consume [ Q ] - Lizards: Your attacks and spells deal anadditional 1% of your maximum health asmagic damage.
Consume [ Q ] - Golems: 10% increased Size and MaximumHealth
Consume [ Q ] - Wolves or Wraiths: Killing a unit grants 15%Movement Speed for 3 seconds
Consume [ Q ] - Now has a cooldown of 17/15/13/11/9 Seconds (up from 16/14/12/10/8 Seconds)
nerf to top/mid nunu, and weird stuff to jungle nunu. I still think he needs a full rework

Diana
Pale Cascade [ W ] - Now deals 22/34/46/58/70, changed from 20/35/50/65/80
Pale Cascade [ W ] - Now shields for 40/55/70/85/100 (+0.3*AP) (Down from 55/80/105/130/155 (+0.45*AP))
pretty big nerf :/

Elise
Spider Form [ R ] - Tooltip no longer says grants 10/15/20 Armor
Spider Form [ R ] - Tooltip no longer says grants 10/15/20 Magic Resistance.
the nidalee treatement, sucks

Galio
Resolute Smite [ Q ] - Now deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.5*AP) (down from 80/135/190/245/300 (+0.6*AP))
Resolute Smite [ Q ] - Movement speed now lasts for 2 seconds (down from 2.5)
Resolute Smite [ Q ] - now always costs 60 mana ( changed from 60/65/70/75/80 Mana)
Resolute Smite [ Q ] - Now has a cooldown of 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 Seconds (instead of always 7)
what is this i dont even

Lux
Prismatic Barrier [ W ] - now shields for 50/65/80/95/110(+0.25*AP) (down from 80/105/130/155/180(+0.35*AP))
why do you hate me riot? is it because i didnt buy blackfrost anivia?

Miss Fortune
Impure Shots [ W ] - Now deals 4/6/8/10/12 (down from 6/8/10/12/14)
Impure Shots [ W ] - Now stacks up to 5 times (up from 4)
Impure Shots [ W ] - Now lists Max Bonus Damage as 20/30/40/50/60(+0.25*AP)
weird stuff, i guess theyre trying to make her less of an ult bot?

Nami
Aqua Prison [ Q ] - Now stuns for 1.5 seconds (up from 1.3)
ok

Rumble
Electro Harpoon [ E ] - Now deals 45/70/95/120/145 (+0.4*AP) (down from 55/85/115/145/175 (+0.5*AP))
Electro Harpoon [ E ] - Danger zone bonus had its damage bonus increased to 50% (up from 25%)
i dont play rumble so no idea

Shyvana
Dragon's Descent [ R ] - Tooltip reworded to say "enemy champion she contacts is brought to her destination" instead of "and are knocked toward her targetlocation."
Flame Breath [ E ] - Now deals 80/110/140/170/200 (+0.6*AP) (down from 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.6*AP))
Flame Breath [ E ] - Tooltip now says it does this to all enemies it passes through.
Flame Breath [ E ] - Tooltip now says it applies "cinders" for 5 seconds instead of burns 15 % of their Armor for 4 seconds.
[RoG Note] - We will see what's up once ingame, the tooltip for cinders say it burns for damage, but not how much. Will try to find out.
mystery

Twisted Fate
Destiny [ R ] - Tooltip now says it takes 1.5 seconds
Destiny [ R ] - Cooldown increased to 180/150/120 Seconds (up from 150/135/120 Seconds)
Pick A Card [ W ] - Blue card simply says "Blue Card deals 40/60/80/100/120 (+1*AD) (+0.4*AP) magic damage and restores Mana." and now leaves out "restoring (0.4*AD)mana (65% of the base damage and totalAD, does not include AP)."
Stacked Deck [ E ] - now increases attack speed by 10/15/20/25/30 %. (up from 3/6/9/12/15 %)
Stacked Deck [ E ] - No longer reduces cooldown time
pretty big nerfs

Udyr
Now has 6.75 MP5 (up from 6.4)
Tiger Stance [ Q ] - Just a tooltip reword, Possible to reflect the changes we reported on
no idea

Varus
Now has 330 MS (down from 335)
Hail of Arrows [ E ] - Now deals 65/100/135/170/205 (changed from 65/105/145/185/225)
Piercing Arrow [ Q ] - Starts from 10/47/83/120/157 (up from 10/43/77/110/143)
Piercing Arrow [ Q ] - to a max of 15/70/125/180/235 (up from 10/47/83/120/157)
[RoG Note] His AD Ratios are not pulling correctly, Will have to wait till ingame to see what is up.
hope this isnt true, varus is pretty ridiculously strong already

Warwick
Infinite Duress [ R ] - Tooltip update: now says "in front of an enemy" instead of "at an enemy"
warwick suddenly viable

Zac
Now has 7 HP5 (down from 12.5)
Elastic Slingshot [ E ] - now deals 80/125/170/215/260 (down from 80/130/180/230/280)
Let's Bounce! [ R ] - Now deals 100/150/200 (down from 160/240/320) per bounce
Let's Bounce! [ R ] - Tooltip no longer says "Enemies hit more than once take half damage"
Let's Bounce! [ R ] - Now only has 50% tenacity (down from 75%)
lol new champion was stupidly strong who knew
here ya go

I dunno, the Diana nerf feels pretty shitty for jungle Diana players. It's just a big fuck you. Her shield is her sustain and clear. That was her strong point because her ganks pre-6 aren't great, so this will mess her early clear up. Yeah it's not confirmed entirely yet, but it still sucks hard. I still don't think the nerf was warranted full stop, specifically the damage nerf. I think Diana's in a perfect spot right now.

Those Zac nerfs are pretty huge though. The Tenacity was super nice where it was and taking some burst off his E will hurt early ganks. It's the HP per 5 that's the worst though. :/

Theoretically with W at lvl 1, the old one is a constant 80 that refreshes. That means it could shield yourself for up to 160 HP. The new W stacks so you get 50 + 50 = 100 HP shield.

With 400 AP, the old W shields for 320 HP and can potentially block 640 HP total.
The new one is 210 that stacks up to 420.

So technically, it's not a nerf if you don't get hit while casting it.

mercviper

Theoretically with W at lvl 1, the old one is a constant 80 that refreshes. That means it could shield yourself for up to 160 HP. The new W stacks so you get 50 + 50 = 100 HP shield.

With 400 AP, the old W shields for 320 HP and can potentially block 640 HP total.

aka not a nerf if you didn't play her to the fullest potential.

What frejlord icons are everyone planning to unlock?

I'm going with Avarosan because I like Ashe.

zkylon

zkylewd

on diana more than lux it might help out a bit on teamfights since you tend to get in the mess of things and instantly refresh it.

the damage nerf seems unnecessary though.

What frejlord icons are everyone planning to unlock?

I'm going with Avarosan because I like Ashe.
the one and only #teamlizzy

zkylon

zkylewd
I dunno how I feel about tpa ori

iXYqEYCrnglXT.png
iL3enteeodhEb.png

I like the hairdo

y2dvd

here ya go

Thanks! Big nerfs to Diana, TF, and Zac. I don't mind the Lux shield nerf because I just like Lux lol. Sorry zkylon!

I don't mind the Varus changes at all. Been maxing Q anyways.

Yeah I don't understand touching some of these characters and not Zed or Khaz. Their burst is ridiculous.

The two applications of the shield (in both cases) stack with each other now. So if you had your first shield consumed in full before it's a nerf, otherwise, it may be a buff.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks! Big nerfs to Diana, TF, and Zac. I don't mind the Lux shield nerf because I just like Lux lol. Sorry zkylon!

I don't mind the Varus changes at all. Been maxing Q anyways.

Yeah I don't understand touching some of these characters and not Zed or Khaz. Their burst is ridiculous.
you just like her or don't like her?

and yeah, I played panth vs. zed, got first blood on him and still couldn't outtrade him.

something's gotta give about that champ

You're going to need to explain this to me, because all the numbers he just spouted made it look like a crazy nerf.
the idea is that say the shield used to block 55 damage and refresh for another 55, but maybe it refreshed before you even got to soak up that 55 damage (say, you ulted right next to a bunch of enemy minions), so instead of shielding you for 55+55, it actually was like 20+55 or something like that.

new shield is 40+40 always, no matter when the second shield triggers, so in a scenario like the above it's actually advantageous

but to be honest, I'm not feeling it on diana. on mid you leveled the shield second, so only at level 8+ the shield starts being meaningful. lux can blow your level 1 shield with a single level 2 e (and many other hard hitting mids can too), so it's not like the shield refreshing beforetime was a likely scenario in the first place.

basically it just nerfs using the shield to soak up harass, and a very big maybe buff to all-in shields.

did I get this right?

Maybe I'm just being thick about this, but if you're not getting your shield fully popped with the potential new version you wouldn't get it popped with the old version. If you do get it popped it's a nerf, and it deals less damage now. How is it in any way a buff/not a nerf?

Blizzard

Banned
here ya go
Riot is trying to follow Best Patch with Weird Patch. :p

In my opinion Rumble's E is something that's kept at level 1 and used to harass and farm minions with for early levels, so mostly it's just going to be an additional irritation for early farming and I guess make his laning worse?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Maybe I'm just being thick about this, but if you're not getting your shield fully popped with the potential new version you wouldn't get it popped with the old version. If you do get it popped it's a nerf, and it deals less damage now. How is it in any way a buff/not a nerf?

Do you remember some random lux that like to throw out random shield as part of their combo, for those people it will be a buff, since both shield will stack 40+40=80 blocked.

Before the change, the random lux will benefit from 55+55, but since they randomly throw it out, first shield wouldn't absorb any damage before it get refresh, the second shield replaced the first shield before damage arrive, so only 55 blocked.

That is kind of a buff, since you can now randomly throw it out and get the benefit from both procs.

However if you always time your shield so the first one will absorb all the damage, it is a nerf.

Same thing for Diana, before, the proper way to toward an Annie is:
1. You shield her fireball with first part of your shield
2. run toward minions to proc the second shield
3. continue running to her

Now you can just cast W, instantly proc the shield to minions near you, still get the full benefits.

scy

Essentially, the shield can now take up to 200+60% AP damage in one shot (assuming it stacks before you take damage) while the old one needed to be popped and then refreshed for it to actually block 310+90% AP.

Basically, the old shield needed you to take two hits: Once during the first shield and then once again after it refreshes. The new one just gives you both shield values. While the total damage you can absorb is less (200+60% vs 310+90%), the new shield also means it can absorb one bigger hit (200+60% vs 155+45%). That's about the only "better" case scenario I can think of: Absorbing one bigger hit instead of two smaller ones.

Well, it's also easier to min/max the shield effectiveness: Just pop all your orbs.

Lux's case is a bit easier to see it: You'll always get both Shield values. While each shield is smaller, you don't have to do anything special to maximize the damage blocked.

Right, I get it now. I still don't like it but I can kinda see their thinking now. Like I said, still a big nerf to jungle Diana and overall nerf.

Also don;t see the point of reducing the damage it does. Still think it's a stupid nerf.

zkylon

zkylewd
to see it a possible buff still feels like grasping at straws

I mean it's not useful enough to warrant like a 30% shield nerf and a 10% damage nerf on diana (without even considering ap ratios)

on lux it's even worse, it's 40% less base shield (and .2 less ap ratio which amounts to about 100 hp late game) and it's a straight up nerf since on teamfights you can't always get your shield twice on your teammates.

they pulled the patch tho so hopefully it's a bit less drastic

mercviper

You're going to need to explain this to me, because all the numbers he just spouted made it look like a crazy nerf.

Kiunch and Scy already explained it, but basically, it's a nerf. Yet really it's only a nerf if you always managed to have both your shields absorb damage fully. I'm more an advocate for it's pre-nerf state as it rewards good timing decisions, but whatever. I don't play either champ anyway. :x

You can look at it this way too. Pre-nerf if you see Diana pop her shield, or Lux use hers, you could presumably hold off on dealing damage until the second portion of the shield procced, effectively dealing a shield's worth of damage by not doing anything. Now there's no reason to wait since they're practically guaranteed both procs.

Or if a Diana pops her shield when she isn't taking damage/on top of her target, and all three orbs pop immediately, depriving her the benefits of the first shield. In both of those cases, it is a straight buff.

Kenai

I dunno. I don't really like nerfing champs but when I have been playing Diana on and off she seemed really, really tanky with basically 0 items. I can understand the complaint about her weak pre-6 ganks, though I think this might be aimed more at her laning.

zkylon

zkylewd
I dunno. I don't really like nerfing champs but when I have been playing Diana on and off she seemed really, really tanky with basically 0 items. I can understand the complaint about her weak pre-6 ganks, though I think this might be aimed more at her laning.
not really, I mean, you build her ap bruisery, zhonyas, abyss, stuff like that, and her shield scales off ap so having defenses really compliments the extra hp from the shield.

riven is the same thing, builds straight ad because her shield scales off ad

this nerf basically sucks overall and specially in cases for when you throw your shield to survive an ezreal ult or something

Ashhong

I don't understand, did they change the LP calculations? Why am I losing 20 LP per game and gaining about 17-20? I'm in silver 4 at 50 ish points

Also why is my duo partner who is silver 1 with 0 LP earning 4 per win??

Ferga

Jeez some people are really desperate for a win. I dc for a minute and lose a level. When I come back to lane, I get flash ultied by sona, noc ulted at my tower and chased down by a cho mid.

My account is level 12 and I mostly have played support up to this point. I feel like I'm pretty serviceable at it, maybe even good, at least for my level. Anyways, the main reason I play support is because I play with a friend who is ADC, so bottom lane is the one way to play together. I love playing support, mostly with Janna (sometimes with Morgana for more AP and Sona), but I'm trying to learn how to jungle. Is there any newbie video/guide for jungling? I have unlocked Nunu, Volibear, and Sejuani to use as my jungle characters.

Subtle

My account is level 12 and I mostly have played support up to this point. I feel like I'm pretty serviceable at it, maybe even good, at least for my level. Anyways, the main reason I play support is because I play with a friend who is ADC, so bottom lane is the one way to play together. I love playing support, mostly with Janna (sometimes with Morgana for more AP and Sona), but I'm trying to learn how to jungle. Is there any newbie video/guide for jungling? I have unlocked Nunu, Volibear, and Sejuani to use as my jungle characters.

There's not much to it really. For Sejuani, just ask your teammates to help you take down the Ancient Golem for blue buff which gives you increased mana regen. Then I fight the wolves and the wraiths. By now smite should be back up so go after the Lizard Elder. It's now when I start ganking lanes. I'm sure Mobafire has a guide.

Edit: if I'm feeling ballsy I gank right after wolves.

Guys is the a dirty thing to do? On blue side, I ask top for a leash and tell them to hide in the river bush and remain unseen afterwards. Through /all I say something like "Please report Darius for afk". The enemy top laner, knowing this, will push top to turret resulting in quite easy first blood.

There's not much to it really. For Sejuani, just ask your teammates to help you take down the Ancient Golem for blue buff which gives you increased mana regen. Then I fight the wolves and the wraiths. By now smite should be back up so go after the Lizard Elder. It's now when I start ganking lanes. I'm sure Mobafire has a guide.

I'll check out Mobafire, but thanks for the quick summary. Gonna dive in with Sejuani tomorrow evening.

Edit: if I'm feeling ballsy I gank right after wolves.

Guys is the a dirty thing to do? On blue side, I ask top for a leash and tell them to hide in the river bush and remain unseen afterwards. Through /all I say something like "Please report Darius for afk". The enemy top laner, knowing this, will push top to turret resulting in quite easy first blood.

4 of these are ARAM games so it still doesn't "count", but this is the first time I think I've ever got 10 PVP wins in a row, so it made me happy. :)
Damn. Best I've done on my match history screen is 8 out of 10. Nice work.

Boken

Banned
Yeah I run AD marks (and one crit chance because yolo) and arm. pen quints for my AD page.

thats actually crazy

there are more relative AD on quints compared to relativ eARpen on quints.

if youre goinna do that, may as well do arpen marks ad quints

that having said, all ad (incl quints) is the more versatile pick.

zkylon

zkylewd
I forgot where I read it but...

all ad marks = better for champions with not that good ad scaling like ezreal, ashe, etc.
all armor pen marks = better for champions with good ad scaling like graves, mf, pantheon, etc.

and the guy finally suggested my 3-6 thing so I'm trying that out

Boken

Banned
I forgot where I read it but...

all ad marks = better for champions with not that good ad scaling like ezreal, ashe, etc.
all armor pen marks = better for champions with good ad scaling like graves, mf, pantheon, etc.

and the guy finally suggested my 3-6 thing so I'm trying that out

why would you get lots of ad on champions with not good ad scaling

this makes no sense.

i dont care where you read things but you should think about them too

zkylon

zkylewd
why would you get lots of ad on champions with not good ad scaling

this makes no sense.

i dont care where you read things but you should think about them too
my bad, I was thinking one thing and writing another one.

was supposed to be:
all ad marks = better for champions with not that good ad scaling abilities like ezreal, ashe, tristana, etc. they'll benefit from the straight up ad for better last hitting and the armor pen is more wasteful on them early on.
all armor pen marks = better for champions with good ad scaling abilities like graves, mf, pantheon, etc. they want armor pen to make those abilities hit even harder

and I'm sharing it so you can tell me what you think, aka not blindly following it.

Boken

Banned
well the thing is, ad marks make abilities with high ad scaling deal more damage too.

the real delineation is the amount of base damage on abilities the champions have. If your champion deals lots of pain from their base damages (pantheon, mf ult, graves), then ArPen is acceptable for making them hit harder. Auto attacks are counted as an average base damage ability.

but in general, arpen vs ad marks is more about when you want be strong. AD is skewed to early-mid game, whereas arpen is skewed to mid-late. E.g. even though trist has no AD scaling, or no AD abilities, its feasible to get Arpen marks if you have a very strong support so that you can reach her strong auto attack stage sooner.
----
Full AD is just a better choice from a value perspective because its not that behind ArPen on the champions that favour it. Most Arpen lovers have very good AD scaling. In addition to that, Full AD helps last hitting and is always a safe bet for AD carries. When they release a physical version of elise (%hp physical damages everywhere) or an AD champion with low ad scaling but high bases, then ArPen will be necessary, but until then, full ad is just too versatile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom