• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I knew you couldn't hoard rerolls, I would've used one when I got Tristana in consecutive games.

Love the lack of dodgers. Before, it seemed like every time I rolled Kat someone would dodge.

Blizzard

Banned
Anyone remember the days when people would rage at you if you tried to even play Zed mid? Perhaps the days of no-zed will return since they made black cleavers uncool and will now have nerfed all of zed's non-ult abilities. :p

ILL Virtue

Neo Member

Blizzard

Banned
Ain't that some shit.. smh. When I first started this game zed was fairly new. Everyone said he was Under powered, but I liked his design so I mained him. Now he gets the nerf bat. QQ. The nerf to his e hurts a lot. That is his main damaging tool. I bought lucidity boots to get the cd a little lower. I will have to rethink my build now. T-T
Well they've nerfed him a couple of times. I always maxed Q, and Riot kept saying they want people to use Q as the main damaging tool so they were (repeatedly?) nerfing E and W, but now with the nerf to Q too the damage will ramp down even if you hit everything. I imagine some people feel that Zed is a super strong OP champion etc. so they will be happy, though I don't know if the statistics really support it.

Presumably Riot has the statistics and therefor knows best, though some may suggest that Riot makes poor decisions at balancing sometimes too. :p

I hardly ever see Eve anymore.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyone remember the days when people would rage at you if you tried to even play Zed mid? Perhaps the days of no-zed will return since they made black cleavers uncool and will now have nerfed all of zed's non-ult abilities. :p
Maybe you don't remember the past as well as you think.
Blizzard said:
I think this may an exaggeration, or else EXTREMELY bad luck. Out of my last 10-15 Zed games, I don't think I had a single one where someone said Zed was garbage. A couple of those games, someone might have said "well good luck" or "we have no AP, gg", but even in those I don't think they said Zed was garbage, and they didn't rage.

I think some people were even nice enough to play Cho/Rumble/Vlad/Kennen top, and more often than not it I believe it worked out well for them that way.

Zukuu

Banned
so? guy's planning on buying runes for support when he should be just having fun with the game trying new champions every week and building a roster
I don't play many champions, as I don't like most of them. I take my time and buy one per role, or if I like them. I looked at that champion page for hours already. xD
Next, I think I'll go with Viktor or Malzahar. Personally, I don't really like ADCs tho. Also, I don't play ranked and mostly with friends, so I can coupe with 3 characters pretty fine so far. I'll get more eventually of course, but before lvl 30, I won't even bother to take the game serious. Masteries + Runes just give an huge inherent advantage. I lose with Pantheon 1on1 against weak caster, because they start with 4+ items already which they don't need to buy >_> aka runes... + masteries.

Blizzard

Banned
You're right, my bad. My memory used to be great but it has gotten worse and worse over the last few years. :(

It's partly not fair though because if you have a green or yellow ribbons people may be more willing to let you go mid. For a while I was getting mid almost every game with the green ribbon before they became more common.

Anyway what I was going to post was this, a picture from Facebook. :D
601662_10152808266935m3ygm.jpg

Ain't that some shit.. smh. When I first started this game zed was fairly new. Everyone said he was Under powered, but I liked his design so I mained him. Now he gets the nerf bat. QQ. The nerf to his e hurts a lot. That is his main damaging tool. I bought lucidity boots to get the cd a little lower. I will have to rethink my build now. T-T

I was thinking of buying his skin. But now I'm thinking Riot might be in the mood to nerf the shit out of another Ninja.

Kenai

Those TPA Skins are boring. I am dissapoint. They aren't ugly but I was hoping for something special in the animations.

Really want to learn Vlad. Mainly just because I want to buy and use Blood Lord.

Any tips for runes, skill order etc.? He's just a farm laner right?

I don't know if Varus is just strong or the opponents have sucked, but I've been having really good results. These were my first ever games as Varus

Varus is really strong. And super satisfying to play.

...and then I just noticed Zhonya's... err, what?

Ashhong

Really want to learn Vlad. Mainly just because I want to buy and use Blood Lord.

Zhonyas is awesome man. A lot of Varus is AP based, including his ult. 120 extra damage per champion it binds! I only do it because I saw RobertxLee do it and it seemed fun. Plus I only do it in games where I'm destroying :)

you should try ap/on hit varus. It starts to off slow, but by the end of the game his ult can penta if it spreads.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I don't know if Varus is just strong or the opponents have sucked, but I've been having really good results. These were my first ever games as Varus

Varus is one of the best ADCs you can use at the moment, easily top5 of the current S3 meta. Wish he had more damage but his kit does decent damage and he has a great hold.

Hey guys, looking for some advice -- I started playing about a month and a half ago, but I'm really bad at CS. I play Riven in top lane, so that's been hurting my game a lot. It's also difficult to work around ranged champs, and even when I'm under tower I end up getting picked at quite a lot. I'm trying to use E to sneak out a bit and grab a minion kill, but I usually get whittled down a bit and that process just continues. Any tips? Even just general CS ones would be great. I've been working on last hitting and all of the basic stuff.

I still remember trying to convince everyone how good Varus was when he came out. Then they BUFFED him.

Ironically, I haven't played him in a long time.

Hey guys, looking for some advice -- I started playing about a month and a half ago, but I'm really bad at CS. I play Riven in top lane, so that's been hurting my game a lot. It's also difficult to work around ranged champs, and even when I'm under tower I end up getting picked at quite a lot. I'm trying to use E to sneak out a bit and grab a minion kill, but I usually get whittled down a bit and that process just continues. Any tips? Even just general CS ones would be great. I've been working on last hitting and all of the basic stuff.

Honestly, it's just going to take lots of practice. +AD runes/masteries help.

kSt

Apparently now Shyvana's ult activation can grab a champion and drag him to the destination point, even if the said point is behind a wall. Well, that opens a few possibilities. Before everything else it allows to sing "Fly Away From Here by" Aerosmith every time I press R.
Also, E is now pierces targets and debuffs them do take AA damage based on their max health.

zkylon

zkylewd
so me and my friends finally gathered up and played a bit ranked teams and won by early surrender both times. we were put against some bronze dudes and basically stomped them, but still yay.

so far our strategy is get thresh and orianna and let them worry about that while our adc gets fed.

Didn't see this posted on here anywhere but Lucian the Gun Templar may be the next champ to be released. I guess this is still in the rumor phase so salt and whatnot.

1367619129165.jpg

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/05/leak-potential-upcoming-champion-gun.html

As it says in the link this is a "leak", so there is no telling if it is real or not, but the art was apparently done by a former Riot artist.
hate how every new champion is frowning all the time but he looks badass

pistols also have different colors so maybe he does mixed damage or something

edit: also another straight up human, that's boring.

I don't mind humans if they look that cool.

Also another AD carry (I guess), so yay! Hope it's true. That Eoin Colgan guy (who is Irish I might add) has concepted some cool champs before, like Fiora, Draven, Varus and Zed.

Didn't see this posted on here anywhere but Lucian the Gun Templar may be the next champ to be released. I guess this is still in the rumor phase so salt and whatnot.

1367619129165.jpg

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/05/leak-potential-upcoming-champion-gun.html

As it says in the link this is a "leak", so there is no telling if it is real or not, but the art was apparently done by a former Riot artist.

A black person in league 0_0..... if this is real I'll make a pulp fiction Samuel L Jackson custom skin for him.

JesseZao

Rumored champ looks cool. My speculation with the different color is that he has a spell (maybe his ult) that lets him fire at two people at the same time. You lock on one target, which say the red gun fires on auto at, then spin your aim for the other gun to who you want to hit. Would be a fun new mechanic.

Macattk15

Lissandra feels like she doesn't do enough damage. Sure CC's / Ganks(Escapes) up the butt ... but just feels lackluster with the long cooldowns and high base mana costs. I was going balls deep into fights too.

I rushed Zhonya's cause I was against Jayce in lane ... then went Liandry's ... prolly shoulda went Cap or Morello's before it but oh well.

I'd rather keep playing other mids in ranked even though I went 3-0-16 on her just now.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19938987#history

And is anyone really going to buy those TPA Skins?

zkylon

zkylewd
Lissandra feels like she doesn't do enough damage. Sure CC's / Ganks(Escapes) up the butt ... but just feels lackluster with the long cooldowns and high base mana costs. I was going balls deep into fights too.

I rushed Zhonya's cause I was against Jayce in lane ... then went Liandry's ... prolly shoulda went Cap or Morello's before it but oh well.

I'd rather keep playing other mids in ranked even though I went 3-0-16 on her just now.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19938987#history
she reminds me a lot of morgana on mid

a bit more kill potential in place of less safety in lane but still.

Name change sale coming up.

Can't wait to become XxXSHOTAfan420XxX.

That or THIS.

A black person in league 0_0

NO WAY.

Maybe like the next fifteen champs will also be black to actually make up for the difference. Sort of.

Also, running some new ADC masteries/runes based on what I've seen a few pros use and I'm loving the setup.

Masteries. I take Destruction and Mastermind now. Summoner's Resolve if running barrier/cleanse and Summer's Wrath if ignite.

Runes: 2 Lifesteal Quints, 1 AD quint, 8 AD marks, 1 crit chance mark, flat armor yellows, 6 flat MR glyphs, 3 scaling MR glyphs.

Macattk15

Rumored champ looks cool. My speculation with the different color is that he has a spell (maybe his ult) that lets him fire at two people at the same time. You lock on one target, which say the red gun fires on auto at, then spin your aim for the other gun to who you want to hit. Would be a fun new mechanic.

Both guns come together like fucking Megatron and fire a massive target AoE sniper explosion shot.

Kenai

Karma is black. So is Zed.

I had no idea about Zed, never seen him without his locomotive mask.

One of my first thoughts was an inward victory pump since Lucian matches my skin tone pretty closely for cosplay purposes. Helps that he also looks awesome. I hope it's real!

JesseZao

Both guns come together like fucking Megatron and fire a massive target AoE sniper explosion shot.

I'd be fine with that as an ult. I'll just revise my spell to have the white gun be used as a skill shot grapple/disable. He tethers himself to the target then can fire the red gun wherever.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
I was thinking of buying his skin. But now I'm thinking Riot might be in the mood to nerf the shit out of another Ninja.

They nerfed his w.. now his q and e. I have never seen a champ get all 3 of his abilities nerfed back to back... smh

Also the leaked champ looks dope! League needs more racial diversity. Hope it comes to fruition. He voice needs to be epic though, otherwise he will be ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom