• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenga

Banned
This is what I get for never playing Viktor. Then yes, increasing shield range might help trades. He can do a LOT of damage especially with ult, but getting in position for all that seems iffy and yes gravity field is pretty funny.

when the other team gets someone that needs to die immediately i usually grab viktor

one of the best pure nukers in the game

but the rest of his kit is a janky mess

Boken

Banned
Got some of the worst ranked teams tonight.

Getting ganked at my second red, ping a few times since i snowballed the laners so its an easy kill but somehow the enemies get there faster than my team. They come in after i die and get aced fighting without a tank. Then they get baron and gg, we lose. I seriously need to take the kills in my ganks because these laners are bloody clueless and don't know what to do with their lead.

Run into a premade two games in a row where they do weird crap. Support dies 3 times in less than 12minutes in both games. All they do is suicide to get bot tower and keep pushing without wards. Both games, they trash talk the team because they get ganked while trying to take the second bottom turret.

Last game, I go thresh. I grab the enemy caitlyn all game and cc the crap out of her but my vayne would rather chase a half health leona back to the enemy turret and take a few turret shots. Three times. And top and mid just straight out lose their lanes where there is no comeback.

Had a chance at lissandra mid though. Did pretty well for the first 15minutes. I could 100 to 0 the lux at level 6.
Too bad my god damn jungler kept diving the enemy lux and made her comeback with 3 kills and 2 double buffs.
To let you guys know how big the comeback was. The lux was 0/2/0 and ended the game going 11/2/6

Haven't ran into such a brick wall since Silver 1. It's almost like people just give up at the 1st division or they try so hard that they do badly.
I think its that + div V from plat/gold who either got lucky and now suck, or just want to troll since they have guaranteed position
>.>

Feeding so hard bot. >.< And top. Yeah though, Mumble or something would be cool.
Nice to see eu-w getting it on! <3

TF 100% pick or ban in all 60 games of the OGN so far. And not a single person was surprised.

And there's RapidSTAR on mid lane Nasus.

I think I'm gonna subscribe to OGN next season. It's been so good.

CloudTemplar in max troll mode with the Wit's End and BotRK on Nautilus. This is amazing.

I've just tested a loopback delay on NA Mumble server, and it's not remotely bad.

ATTENTION EUW-GAF DIVISION
Get Mumble you guys, and set it up to connect to GAF server, info is in the OP.

Wat. I should have thought of trying this. Mumble is right on my desktop.

Good catch. :D

Edit: What's with the username/password thing? I can't see anywhere to register, and the OP image doesn't show a default username or whatever.

kSt

Wat. I should have thought of trying this. Mumble is right on my desktop.

Good catch. :D

Edit: What's with the username/password thing? I can't see anywhere to register, and the OP image doesn't show a default username or whatever.

You can choose username and password isn't needed.

Q8D3vil

Tried building Lissandra as a glass cannon and i failed miserably because to do damage you have to be very close to your enemies in the fights, so i find it better to build her with ROA into Dcap while roaming hard to utilize her utility (kinda similar to Morgana).

Type2

Got some of the worst ranked teams tonight.

Getting ganked at my second red, ping a few times since i snowballed the laners so its an easy kill but somehow the enemies get there faster than my team. They come in after i die and get aced fighting without a tank. Then they get baron and gg, we lose. I seriously need to take the kills in my ganks because these laners are bloody clueless and don't know what to do with their lead.

Run into a premade two games in a row where they do weird crap. Support dies 3 times in less than 12minutes in both games. All they do is suicide to get bot tower and keep pushing without wards. Both games, they trash talk the team because they get ganked while trying to take the second bottom turret.

Last game, I go thresh. I grab the enemy caitlyn all game and cc the crap out of her but my vayne would rather chase a half health leona back to the enemy turret and take a few turret shots. Three times. And top and mid just straight out lose their lanes where there is no comeback.

Had a chance at lissandra mid though. Did pretty well for the first 15minutes. I could 100 to 0 the lux at level 6.
Too bad my god damn jungler kept diving the enemy lux and made her comeback with 3 kills and 2 double buffs.
To let you guys know how big the comeback was. The lux was 0/2/0 and ended the game going 11/2/6

Haven't ran into such a brick wall since Silver 1. It's almost like people just give up at the 1st division or they try so hard that they do badly.

Closing games is the biggest issue for me when im playing ranked. I usually get my laners fed from jungle but they do stuff like let the adc sit in the back and take free shots while im at the front lines or stop applying map pressure and letting a 15 kill lead get to 47 minutes. My plan lately is to snowball myself to become a tanky beast and then force my team to take towers with me. I can usually tank half the team while ignoring them and beating down a turret.

I love having an ARAM queue. So easy to pass time with an ARAM and it's really quick to get into one now, plus less leavers.

Yeah, it really is so much less stressful. I've also seem to run into less ragers since the patch. I don't think this is really the case for most people. But just having less people dodging=good times.

Also, to the people who didn't play ARAM until now. WHY?!

ShdwDrake

Banned
Yeah, it really is so much less stressful. I've also seem to run into less ragers since the patch. I don't think this is really the case for most people. But just having less people dodging=good times.

Also, to the people who didn't play ARAM until now. WHY?!

I knew what it was but I never look for custom games bc u don't get much IP I thought... but yea it's fun.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I know it's been known for a while, and it is usually skill that wins or loses a match. That being said healz are so OP in ARAM.

I love having an ARAM queue. So easy to pass time with an ARAM and it's really quick to get into one now, plus less leavers.

It works because people have to take what they get. No more fighting over rolls or champs. Plus everyone team fights from the beginning so no more qq'ing about said lane/roll losing the match before things get going.

It alleviates a ton of the headache IMO.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
The next time I see "premade bot" I'm dodging. Every single time they're rubbish

Yes. Yes. Yes.

If you want to win with a premade bot, you must become the premade bot. Just send the random AD carry mid

9CML3hk.png

AHA, the stack pile doesnt stop from getting taller.

zkylon

zkylewd
I kinda wish they removed sword of the occult and mejai's from the game

it feeds shitty mobafire guides the stuff to misled noobs

I still remember when I used to get roa, then mejais on annie every single game...

so embarassing.

ILL Virtue

Neo Member
I kinda wish they removed sword of the occult and mejai's from the game

it feeds shitty mobafire guides the stuff to misled noobs

I still remember when I used to get roa, then mejais on annie every single game...

so embarassing.

Whats wrong with mejai's? I thought it was strong item when fed. I've seen a lux own with it.

So.. I'm playing a bit with my runes.

Right now this is the runes I use when I play mid.
I feel really safe with those runes, I have weeks without losing my lane with Ahri, I can't say the same about Fizz(Lissandra gave me problems) and Lux([a good]Katarina oh oh oh.... well I have yet to play this matchup again since the last patch. I used to fear this matchup due to Katarina starting with 9 pots.... hmmm).

Still, I'm thinking about tweaking it a bit and adding Flap MR.

Something like this:

I noticed that the scaling AP blues are better than the scaling AP yellow...

Any suggestions? (I'm lvl29).

Edit: Why do I have 10 flat MR blues?

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone know how to get the little symbol to disappear from the Freljord icon? I thought maybe it was because I didn't have 10 non-aram wins, but I have at least 8 ranked or normal wins on my match history page alone since the patch, and I thought I had at least 2 more. Isn't 10 all you need?

Agkel

Does anyone know how to get the little symbol to disappear from the Freljord icon? I thought maybe it was because I didn't have 10 non-aram wins, but I have at least 8 ranked or normal wins on my match history page alone since the patch, and I thought I had at least 2 more. Isn't 10 all you need?

yup, but it takes up to 48 hrs to unlock after your 10th win

edit: Also ARAM official q wins count towards unlocking the icon

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Manually check to see if you've unlocked the real icon.

The icon without the timer symbol is a separate icon that you have to select.

jerd

Boy ARAM is the best thing ever, so much less pressure and drama.

It's what every freaking game should be!

At the same time it does make it somewhat worse though when people have mental breakdowns and start spouting insults. Dude, we rolled 4 supports and a Rammus, calm down.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
At the same time it does make it somewhat worse though when people have mental breakdowns and start spouting insults. Dude, we rolled 4 supports and a Rammus, calm down.
but all the support champions are incredible on aram.

jerd

Janna is awesome, but our team was Zilean, Soraka, Sona, Lulu and Rammus. We just couldn't do enough damage, so maybe we were playing them wrong. Unless of course you're joking.

I still blame Zilean for not carrying that game.

zkylon

zkylewd
man playing ranked 5v5 is so much better

we're also matched against really shitty teams too.

can't wait until we get real competition and we have to start actually strategizing

so far our comp is basically orianna+thresh+j4/xin zhao

How should I build ARAM AP Yi?
you should reroll or dodge or you're a bad person

Kenai

There's a lot of champs that seem to do much better in ARAM. Someone actually cheered on my team when I got Heimerdinger, and I proceeded to carry that game. By the time they finally killed me the first time I had 7k gold, and if I was alive they were too scared to take the towers. The shopkeeper even addressed Heimer by name, was pretty cool and I have yet to get another champ like that.

I seem to have less fun if I get basically any melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom