• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
aRoDZRh.gif

It would lose a lot of charm if every champ got a (music) video on release.

I don't necessarily mean a music video, but the rollouts for the last few champs has been really cool and I hope they keep it up. Lissandra came during that big Freljord update, Lucian got a dope Crystal Method theme song, and now Jinx has the website "vandalism" on Vi's page and this cool music video. Aatrox sorta... well, Aatrox was Aatrox I guess.

Either way, I'd love to see them continue putting effort into making the champions feel more like fleshed out cartoon characters out of the gate.

Cels

made this post in the championship thread but afterwards i realized probably no one is looking at that thread anymore.

for anyone who is interested in LoL art

someone linked a poster on stanley "artgerm" lau's deviantart that i thought was probably sold at the finals, so i went looking for them. if you don't recall, at last year championship, they sold a set of posters depicting duels in the lore: garen/darius, morgana/kayle, twisted fate/graves, and nasus/renekton. they also had massive versions of these artworks on display on the exterior of the galen center at usc.

anyway, i found the posters they sold this year, someone is trying to sell a set on ebay.
i've re-uploaded the seller's images here

looks like artgerm made the katarina and janna ones, while the lore duels (diana/leona, kha'zix/rengar, gangplank/miss fortune) look like they're from the same artist as last year's posters.
we've seen the olaf vs alistar picture and the riven vs shyvana picture before i believe the "team ahri" poster is all new.

I just started playing (tutorials, one coop v AI, one real game). I've gotten some tips from a friend who is in Platinum, but I still feel lost when it comes to items. My strategy so far is just to check the 'best' guide on lolking for a given character and use the upgrade path recommended for items and abilities.

Example: http://www.lolking.net/guides/65130

I played with Cho'Gath, and his recommended core items are mostly quite expensive (2k+). I decided to buy the things that make up those more expensive items, but I feel like I'm just buying blind with no idea what to get first (other than boots because I think MS is important and boots are cheaper than the rest). Any good info on how to choose items?

I'm not planning to do this long term, I just figured having someone tell me which abilities and items to pick would be better than me clicking and guessing to start.

Leezard

I just started playing (tutorials, one coop v AI, one real game). I've gotten some tips from a friend who is in Platinum, but I still feel lost when it comes to items. My strategy so far is just to check the 'best' guide on lolking for a given character and use the upgrade path recommended for items and abilities.

I played with Cho'Gath, and his recommended core items are mostly quite expensive (2k+). I decided to buy the things that make up those more expensive items, but I feel like I'm just buying blind with no idea what to get first (other than boots because I think MS is important and boots are cheaper than the rest). Any good info on how to choose items?

I'm not planning to do this long term, I just figured having someone tell me which abilities and items to pick would be better than me clicking and guessing to start.
I think this advice was hilarious:
"IF U PLAYING AT GOLD - THIS BUILD GONNA BE GOOD"

The order in which you build items often depends on the matchup. For a more indepth guide, I would recommend looking at the solomid.net guides. They will often give you more info in build order etc.

I think this advice was hilarious:
"IF U PLAYING AT GOLD - THIS BUILD GONNA BE GOOD"

The order in which you build items often depends on the matchup. For a more indepth guide, I would recommend looking at the solomid.net guides. They will often give you more info in build order etc.

haha yes, his...wording made me question the guide but the comments made it seem like it was decent.

Yea, I'm mostly choosing what seems to me to be the safest, most general item stack from these guides just as something to start from since the item list is overwhelming. And thanks for the solomid link, they have much more clear item layouts.

bjaelke

Morello said:
Ahri is definitely going to get changes, and most of them based around how much damage is loaded into the "free" parts of Foxfire and her ult. The changes will largely revolve around making her burst higher if she lands a taunt first.

Ahri, Fizz, Zed and Kassadin all have problems in how fast they burst, and how little you can do about it. We'll be retaining their roles as Assassins (though I'd wager Ahri, using more poke to set up, is likely more a mage) but fitting patterns that cause a bit more risk and reaction when doing so.
K4SqNQr.gif

If Ahri keeps her burst as long as she lands a taunt I don't see anything wrong with the nerfs. She's always been a "miss all skillshots, still kill everything" type of champ.
Just wait, if there are new items introduced for S4 we will probably see a League of Cleavers v2.
There's that Hexdrinker upgrade that gives crit and Tenacity that showed up on the PBE on the Yi patch cycle that looked OP as shit.

Edwardo

Ok.. Something I have always wondered and never really made complete sense to me is why does the game show an outline for where aoe abilities are going to land. For example, Cho's knockup, nami's bubble, pantheon's ult, etc that the enemy can see where it will be, as opposed to having to predict it.

I just feel like it makes it too easy to dodge these kinds of abilities. Then there are ones like Elise's rappel that the enemy cannot see. I can understand GP's ult with the X and Ziggs' ult, but then again those could also be removed.

garath

Following a guide initially is not a bad way to go at all. Even without in depth knowledge of why you're building what you're building it will still give you a leg up over the guys just blindly building recommended items. I remember being really overwhelmed with what items I should build when I first started playing too. I did exactly what you are doing - found a couple guides and just started building like the guides. Did that for awhile until I started to understand them more thoroughly. It'll definitely come.

Nexusscouter is definitely useful when finding out that the enemy ADC has no lifesteal quints. Just had to keep aggresive and he went back to fountain 3 times before my first.

That's the most valuable part of nexus scouter. Forget their ranking. What are there runes? I now use it every game. I got seriously punked by a mid Morgana of all things. Went to gank her as Vi with a Diana when Morg was level 3. She killed the Diana just before I got there (she went WAY too early but it wasn't her fault at all. It was my fault apparently.. sigh), I kept going because she was low but landed a binding and pool on me and that plus the minion damage and her autos killed me. Killed me. At level 3. I checked nexus scouter and found she was running a full AP runepage - only a couple armor seals, no MR at all, all AP. That plus the doran's start.. ouch. Amazing. I did NOT expect that kind of damage from a Morgana at level 3. I got called bad by the Diana and now Morg had double buffs.

Morale of the story, always check their runes.

Leezard

Ok.. Something I have always wondered and never really made complete sense to me is why does the game show an outline for where aoe abilities are going to land. For example, Cho's knockup, nami's bubble, pantheon's ult, etc that the enemy can see where it will be, as opposed to having to predict it.

I just feel like it makes it too easy to dodge these kinds of abilities. Then there are ones like Elise's rappel that the enemy cannot see. I can understand GP's ult with the X and Ziggs' ult, but then again those could also be removed.
Once upon a time, there was a winter version of SR. Cho's knockup was almost completely invisible.

Because counterplay is League's biggest design philosophy. You can already see where they are going to land regardless of the outline, but the thing is measuring the diameter of the AoE is tricky as shit. Riot - most of the time - tries to design stuff in the sense that you'll get hit because you didn't dodge in time instead of getting hit because you didn't think it would hit you there.

This type of counterplay is what allows the skills to be really strong, because if you can dodge you also deserve a bigger reward for actually landing it. Having the outline and the cast time is what lets Rupture to basically be as strong as an ultimate.

EDIT - I think you can see Elise's rappel range, but even if that isn't the case you can tell where she can land because it can only land on enemies and monsters, otherwise she falls down on the spot. Same principle.

tales of bronze:

shen comes bot to gank "go in i have ult"
me and supp rushing in
shen ults to midlaner at base
"sorry guys"

Edwardo

Because counterplay is League's biggest design philosophy. You can already see where they are going to land regardless of the outline, but the thing is measuring the diameter of the AoE is tricky as shit. Riot - most of the time - tries to design stuff in the sense that you'll get hit because you didn't dodge in time instead of getting hit because you didn't think it would hit you there.

This type of counterplay is what allows the skills to be really strong, because if you can dodge you also deserve a bigger reward for actually landing it. Having the outline and the cast time is what lets Rupture to basically be as strong as an ultimate.

EDIT - I think you can see Elise's rappel range, but even if that isn't the case you can tell where she can land because it can only land on enemies and monsters, otherwise she falls down on the spot. Same principle.

Ya I cant remember about Elise's rappel range indicator for enemies. I asked someone that i'm working with but we cant remember. Thanks for the info though.

bcl0328

i gave up ranked for a few days. had like 6 losses in a row. don't think i will get gold in time. just been playing the 5v5 all same champ for some fun. can't believe people still rage about throwing in those custom games. -.-

Sad thing about the card. I just got my 10k rp from amazon payments, so I really dont have a use for it anymore :)

want to be friends? i will need halloween skins soon :)

can anyone link me to some standard rune page setups? i still run season 2 ones.

i would say use lolking to get an idea, but i use 3 standard pages. AP = ap runes, mr, armor, magic pen. AD = ad runes, mr, armor, support = gold/5, mr, armor. seems to work for me. you should ALWAYS have armor and mr in my opinion. might be getting 2 more pages soon for lifesteal and movespeeed.

garath

Hmm.. to buy 2 more rune pages or not.. It's the last day of the sale. I have 14 right now. One page still blank. I'll probably skip it and use my IP for jinx and RP for halloween skins... mmm.. skins....

Hmm.. to buy 2 more rune pages or not.. It's the last day of the sale. I have 14 right now. One page still blank. I'll probably skip it and use my IP for jinx and RP for halloween skins... mmm.. skins....
Think of the skins!

The sexy girl costumes!

The legacy swag!

Been a while since I had to go blind pick and instalock/dodge until I get a champion.

That or I could practice Jinx in ranked draft, #YOLOSWAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom