• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait, if there are new items introduced for S4 we will probably see a League of Cleavers v2.

Oh, but S3 was SO much worse than that.

We had league of cleavers, league of warmogs, and league of borks.

Three items that both the PBE and basic math proved were fundamentally fucked yet made it into official patches. Hell, warmogs made it into major tournaments.

drawkcaB

Oh, but S3 was SO much worse than that.

We had league of cleavers, league of warmogs, and league of borks.

Three items that both the PBE and basic math proved were fundamentally fucked yet made it into official patches. Hell, warmogs made it into major tournaments.

Well, cleaver was changed quickly enough. I never bought the concept that Warmog's was "fundamentally fucked". The cost was increased by 180g and the passive regen reduced by 0.5% of max health (or 15hp/5 at 3000 hp). I still feel that either A.) the item is still quite strong or B.) it wasn't mindblowingly OP in the first place.

But yeah, BotRK is stupid.

le bip

Neo Member
It sounds like you'll be part of the elitist "gold players are like bots" club in no time. ;)
That's dangerous, dob.

Please, at least bots don't overestimate themselves as much as gold players

Well, cleaver was changed quickly enough. I never bought the concept that Warmog's was "fundamentally fucked". The cost was increased by 180g and the passive regen reduced by 0.5% of max health (or 15hp/5 at 3000 hp). I still feel that either A.) the item is still quite strong or B.) it wasn't mindblowingly OP in the first place.

But yeah, BotRK is stupid.

It was OP because before the Warmogs nerfs, BotRK as we now know it didn't exist. Also, Warmogs wasn't OP per se, it was problematic because it could be bought as first item by certain champs (which got then nerfed themselves) and created an environment where ad and ap carries with barely one item had to face bruisers with 3000 hp, who could still destroy teamfights and skirmishes without any damage item.

drawkcaB

It was OP because before the Warmogs nerfs, BotRK as we now know it didn't exist. Also, Warmogs wasn't OP per se, it was problematic because it could be bought as first item by certain champs (which got then nerfed themselves) and created an environment where ad and ap carries with barely one item had to face bruisers with 3000 hp, who could still destroy teamfights and skirmishes without any damage item.

Yeah, I didn't explain it well but that's what I was getting at, that the item itself wasn't the principle problem but rather the game around it, whereas Black Cleaver stacking and BotRK was/is OP by themselves.

Mothman91

Last day of rune page deal.,
Jinx is about to come out...

Wut do I do GAF?

Edit: Nvm, the 2 for 1 deal is too good right now. Plus new champions are 7800(?), if I'm gonna buy her, I'm just gonna wait till IP price goes down to 6300.

Plus I should get an RP card for Halloween skins, which they should show us within the next couple weeks.

Jinx looks incredible fun to play, I think I'll buy her once she's released...

But I realized something, Ao Shin wasn't supposed to be released after the next two champions since Lucian? (Jinx and another one, then Ao Shin?)

I can't wait for Ao Shin!

Last day of rune page deal.,
Jinx is about to come out...

Wut do I do GAF?

Edit: Nvm, the 2 for 1 deal is too good right now. Plus new champions are 7800(?), if I'm gonna buy her, I'm just gonna wait till IP price goes down to 6300.

Plus I should get an RP card for Halloween skins, which they should show us within the next couple weeks.

Nah, you're gonna want that second skin. RP time brah.

EUW:

Ranked queues go down at 3:30 AM, servers down for patch at 5 AM. Servers to be unavailable for about 5 hours.

So 10 AM for Jinx tomorrow.

Mothman91

What are some more rune setups that people generally use?

I have 5 atm,
AD Carry: 4% lifesteal, 12armor/mr, 11 dmg
Top AD laner: 12armor/mr, 12arpen, 7 ad
Support: 3GP10, 12 armor/mr, 2.4 magic regen(I really don't know what else to put here for marks).
AP: 7.8 magicpen, 12armor/mr, 15 AP
AS/AD:12armor/mr 15% AS, 7 AD

I have 2 extra now, and if I can get a couple more ideas, might buy another set of rune pages for the future. Next step is just to farm the IP for the runes which will be easy.

DeadNames

Banned
Aatrox is what I've seen more up there. He's got way too much sustain and can bully a lot of top champs during lane phase.

Yeah, but I'm worried that he's gonna get nerfed and/or banned out. NA doesn't seem to respect him, but other regions too (lolking).

His level 2 cheese is amazing though <3

Yeah, I didn't explain it well but that's what I was getting at, that the item itself wasn't the principle problem but rather the game around it, whereas Black Cleaver stacking and BotRK was/is OP by themselves.

I loved being Pantheon and using W on carry, then spearing them for a kill.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
AG2sm10.png

9hiKCFQ.png

Thanks doge

Pls doge I need this :(

Boken

Banned
Just wait, if there are new items introduced for S4 we will probably see a League of Cleavers v2.
League of Mundo?
Ok.. Something I have always wondered and never really made complete sense to me is why does the game show an outline for where aoe abilities are going to land. For example, Cho's knockup, nami's bubble, pantheon's ult, etc that the enemy can see where it will be, as opposed to having to predict it.

I just feel like it makes it too easy to dodge these kinds of abilities. Then there are ones like Elise's rappel that the enemy cannot see. I can understand GP's ult with the X and Ziggs' ult, but then again those could also be removed.
It's about readability, counterplay and power budget.

Re: readabiliy - unlike linear skillshots where the trajectory can be predicted instantly, something like chogath Q without the outline is really vague.

Power budget - linear skillshots for example - there are those that don't display trajectory (Cait Q) and there are those that do (Jinx w) mostly because the skill itself is more powerful. Things like chogath Q and nami Q are an aoe cc, so they're probably concerned about the power of the skill too.

already? seems aweful early.

or maybe thats just because lucian took 3 months.

already? seems awful early.

already? seems awful early.

How did you even do that.

JesseZao

I think we've had this min/max discussion before, but how does the game deal with fractions of stats?

When displayed on your stat page, it seems to round 0-.49 to 0 and .5-.99 to 1. Does the game use decimals to hundredth place or the rounded figure?

One example is using a single crit chance rune in an ad page. I want to use a glyph, but I'm not sure that it actually gives crit chance since it's .43 i think. Otherwise, I'm using a mark with is .97 i think. Basically, I'd rather sacrifice MR instead of flat AD.

If nobody knows, I'll just go test it in a custom later.

Blizzard

Banned
I think we've had this min/max discussion before, but how does the game deal with fractions of stats?

When displayed on your stat page, it seems to round 0-.49 to 0 and .5-.99 to 1. Does the game use decimals to hundredth place or the rounded figure?

One example is using a single crit chance rune in an ad page. I want to use a glyph, but I'm not sure that it actually gives crit chance since it's .43 i think. Otherwise, I'm using a mark with is .97 i think. Basically, I'd rather sacrifice MR instead of flat AD.

I don't know whether the game does 1% crit or whether it uses the exact fraction behind the scene, but I'm almost certain that including a single crit rune will at least give you a chance of a crit, even if the calculated percentage is less than 1%. I try to put a crit rune in all pages for this reason.

Boken

Banned

The game uses decimals for all calculations. I don't know to what decimal place, but I assume 2 since that's what their runes use.
I don't know whether the game does 1% crit or whether it uses the exact fraction behind the scene, but I'm almost certain that including a single crit rune will at least give you a chance of a crit, even if the calculated percentage is less than 1%. I try to put a crit rune in all pages for this reason.
Holy shit how are you an engineer

JesseZao

The game uses decimals for all calculations. I don't know to what decimal place, but I assume 2 since that's what their runes use.

I'll probably just use the glyph then. I'll test in a custom still for the mark vs glyph.

I don't think I'd put crit in an ap or jungle page, but I definitely use one in AD pages.

Blizzard

Banned

What does being an engineer have to do with it? I thought JesseZao pointed out that the stats page rounds crits to the nearest whole number (which I believe, though I didn't check it myself today).

Yes, the runes page rounds it to two decimal places, but the runes page is in the client, and the stats page is in the game itself. Why should people assume the out of game number is correct and the ingame number is wrong, if they don't know better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom