• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Man, leveling feels like such a grind. I feel like I've been level 27 for years. I just want Bronze ;-;
ah the level is just an indicator
the game never ends
bronze isnt worth it
What does being an engineer have to do with it? I thought JesseZao pointed out that the stats page rounds crits to the nearest whole number (which I believe, though I didn't check it myself today).
because you werent being logical

it was baffling

JesseZao

So far my test results with the glyph crit chance rune (.28%) are that I'm not getting any real crit chance in game.

I ran a custom and just bought attack speed and ran around hitting minions and jungle camps. I ended with 400cs and 168k physical damage. Average hit was around 100 so say I had 1680 attacks. It's been awhile since I took stats, but I bet that's a sufficient sample to have high certainty of 0% crit chance. Rough expected crit would be 1 in ~400 attacks. My stats showed largest crit strike as 0, so no crits.

Unless you can't crit minions or jungle monsters I think crit chance below .50 or .51 is seen as zero in game.

Blizzard

Banned
So far my test results with the glyph crit chance rune (.28%) are that I'm not getting any real crit chance in game.

I ran a custom and just bought attack speed and ran around hitting minions and jungle camps. I ended with 400cs and 168k physical damage. Average hit was around 100 so say I had 1680 attacks. It's been awhile since I took stats, but I bet that's a sufficient sample to have high certainty of 0% crit chance. Rough expected crit would be 1 in ~400 attacks. My stats showed largest crit strike as 0, so no crits.

Unless you can't crit minions or jungle monsters I think crit chance below .50 or .51 is seen as zero in game.
Cool, thanks for testing this. I always used the crit mark instead so this is good to know.

kSt

AG2sm10.png

9hiKCFQ.png

All you had to do is get your ass to ranked games.

Congrats!

Boken

Banned

did you screencap the statistics page?

JesseZao

did you screencap the statistics page?

I didn't.

I just ran a custom with the crit mark (.93%) and got a crit at 8 cs.

Looks like you just waste stats that would round down.

Now I have to decide if I want to use 2 glyphs (combined gives .56% chance) or 1 mark (.93%). The opportunity cost is .95 AD vs. 2.68 MR (assuming flat) vs. .3 MR/lvl (5.4MR@18). That's a theorycraft situation. I think in lane, I'd rather have the AD, but I have no idea how much eHP 2.68 MR would give in a typical laning phase.

Korten

Banned
:( I'm Bronze Div 4, nearly Div 5 now... Honestly I think i'm going to give up on rank all together. I understand that when you get higher up you can probably find better games but I just keep running into trolls or people who just spout shit the entire game.

Past two games I did pretty good as Annie mid, but then something always went wrong... :(

Haven't done ranked in a few days after a disappointing two matches when I was close to 100LP, but I think I'm going to try getting back into ranked for the end of the season.

On an unrelated note, I really need to get around to getting a good LoL avatar, got bored of FFXIV. Would really love a Darius avatar.

Subtle

I can't win even one game with my champions. Gaaaah. Idk what to do anymore.

Edit: one more loss and it's back to s5. This losing streak has been over one month long now

y2dvd

I wonder what the window is on having to kill a champ or turret is after dealing dmg in order to set off Jinx's passive. Those snares are a nifty escape tool along with that slow. Good range on top. She should be a lot of fun.

JesseZao

Just tested the double glyph crit% setup and as expected I got crits. The question left is whether .51% crit chance is different than 1% crit chance in game. I'm not about to take a video and record number of hits to crits to verify this. If only Riot programmers would shed some light.

bjaelke

Morello @RiotMorello
No worries, not destroying Ahri! Nerfs have some buffs with them!

I wonder if her charm will have a mini-dfg built in to it. Lower the base damage on her free-target skills and increase damage for x seconds when charm hits.
EUW:

Ranked queues go down at 3:30 AM, servers down for patch at 5 AM. Servers to be unavailable for about 5 hours.

So 10 AM for Jinx tomorrow.
6oCeISP.jpg

drawkcaB

Matchmaking has it out for me. One win in my past 11. 4 games played tonight, I don't recall a single one my lanes winning.

Boken

Banned
Morello @RiotMorello
No worries, not destroying Ahri! Nerfs have some buffs with them!

I wonder if her charm will have a mini-dfg built in to it. Lower the base damage on her free-target skills and increase damage for x seconds when charm hits.

6oCeISP.jpg

decent idea

good work bjaelke

bjaelke

Watching someone play Jinx and he's going Shiv into Botrk. I don't really see the synergy with her kit nor does it seem to work very well - but that could be a matter of getting used to her.

:( I'm Bronze Div 4, nearly Div 5 now... Honestly I think i'm going to give up on rank all together. I understand that when you get higher up you can probably find better games but I just keep running into trolls or people who just spout shit the entire game.

Past two games I did pretty good as Annie mid, but then something always went wrong... :(

yeah, that's not gonna happen for a loooong time, if at all.

dc89

So I logged in and saw the new champ. I also see "Expierience The Music Video".

Memo to Riot - concentrate on fixing the bugs that are now a daily occurrence and then do trivial things later.

Ken

So I logged in and saw the new champ. I also see "Expierience The Music Video".

Memo to Riot - concentrate on fixing the bugs that are now a daily occurrence and then do trivial things later.

hopefully you didnt see jayce dyrus then

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Watching someone play Jinx and he's going Shiv into Botrk. I don't really see the synergy with her kit nor does it seem to work very well - but that could be a matter of getting used to her.
You get lots of free attack speed with minigun. Means lots of on hit procs.

bjaelke

I'd rather have an IE or BT on her. Seems to work out better in lane and team fights. Two AS items just seem like overkill when she already got a decent AS steroid.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'd rather have an IE or BT on her. Seems to work out better in lane and team fights. Two AS items just seem like overkill when she already got a decent AS steroid.
I agree, but at the same time I understand why people would build that on her.

Boken

Banned
jinx looks to be really strong in a winning team

and with assassin nerfs

maybe hyper carry low ranged adc are going to reign supreme again

very subtle this time riot, i like it

release short ranged hyper carry adc
nerf assassins

everybody buys jinx

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

and with assassin nerfs

nerf assassins

everybody buys jinx

2v1 lanes? buff towers.

btw our new adc has a cool enemy interaction with our newest support!

Boken

Banned
posting on behalf of DV:
2-0 with Jinx

did get my first PENTA with her. new waifu confirmed.

(more experienced players, feel free to correct the below)

Priority order:

#1. Enemy carry. Those include but are not limited to: Cait, Miss Fortune, Varus, Graves, Jinx, Ez, Lucian, Vayne, Tristiana.

#2. Enemy mid. Those are the assassins, and are typically (but not always) magic-based. Ahri, LeBlanc, Lux, Annie, Gragas, Kassadin, Zed, etc.

#3. Enemy support.

#4 Toss up between Jungler/Top. It depends on the kind of champ it is. The least durable of the 2 is usually the proper selection. If BOTH are tanks, aim for the one that can change the game the most by pressing R (ie. Amumu).

#5 The enemy tank. Usually the top laner (Trynd, Nasus, Malphite, etc.), but sometimes the jungler (Vi, Sejunai, Nasus).

Generally speaking, you have to pray that the enemy tank isn't also the one doing all the dps (like a Trynd or Nasus). #1 and #2 are pretty close to a draw. It really depends on which is doing the best and which has the least annoying escape. For example, it's hard to target an Ezreal in a team fight because he has 2 escapes (Flash and E). Ahri is another one who can hit the ult and dance away. If the mid or ad carry doesn't have a free escape, I usually go for them first, then get the other. They're both squishy so either works. If they both have free escapes, I try to bait out at least one of them as early as possible. Beware of chasing. You can quickly find yourself separated from your team with a wall of enemies between you and your homies.

The more difficult question is how to properly engage on the priority targets in team fights. All I can really say to that is it depends on what your team comp is vs theirs. Also, priority order can switch around based on opportunity. Killing off the support is often the right call if you can get it for free (supports often get out of position and they're usually the squishiest on the team). Hard disables and big aoe shit makes team fights much easier to manage. If the enemy adc or mid makes the mistake of stepping out of position (say walking into the front of the their team to AA some minions), go for it. If chaos starts breaking out and you can make a bee-line for their necks and divert attention to yourself (if tanky), do so (if that's what will give your team the advantage in the fight, of course). Otherwise, be cautious of diving to get to someone or chasing.

This is why Vi is my go-to jungler right now. I can jump right on someone's ass mid-fight or initiate as soon as an ideal target steps out of line. It's also why I prefer Leona and Sona support. The ability to disrupt the enemy flow in team fights with Leona's Q and R or Sona's R...well I really enjoy them.

Boken is the only one who understands me.

<3
<333

and with assassin nerfs

nerf assassins

everybody buys jinx
capitalism > balance

garath

Hmm. should I waste 1k ip and get her at 7200? Might as well. Not really doing much else with it.

Don't even have any hot runes I want except maybe health quints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom