• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

It was a siege/poke comp... which they barely sieged with. The like two times they actually sieged they wrecked and almost won, but the game got to a point where even if they sieged they couldn't do shit.

Doesn't help that Dexter was so fucking behind from getting counterjungled for 40 minutes that by 60 minutes he had barely finished 3 items.

I understand the desired goal of the comp, it was just a shitty comp to do it with. Poke comps require a strong disengage, to which Olaf offers none, Elise offers little, and Thresh can't do alone. CLG decided to make a poke comp and after thinking that Jinx and Nidalee would be required, rounded out the rest of the team with whatever they felt was OP.

Jenga said:
Renek's escape the nerf bat so much I don't think he'll get nerfed. Rengar and Mundo tho are probably almost priority one on the new perma ban list after this patch ships tho

They won't bother nerfing Rengar. The remake is coming out 3.16 or 3.17 most likely and the quadra Q bugs (amongst others) means Riot can simply opt to ban him out of competitive play.

brian!

is he european i thought kevin was an american name? i knw so many kevins but i live in the USA someone explain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

zkylon

zkylewd
Nah, with chalice/athene's Ori mana costs are no problem, unless you are dumb and spam her skills willy-nilly, which you shouldn't need because your autos will hurt enough. Mid lane is the shortest lane as well, and unless you're literally up to the enemy turret, just shielding yourself and turning W on will allow you to escape almost all ganks, barring the godlike gankers like J4 and such.
you mean j4, lee sin, vi, elise aka all the junglers played at the moment?

your autos hurting enough is just not true, you have like 35 more damage by level 7, what are you talking about?

and if you steal blue buff and push ori to her turret she's terrible, you can poke her easily since she loses the defensive stats of e passive when qw'ing the caster minions and using too much w just drains her mana too fast (and she can't keep up with your push if only clearing with q). yea with blue and chalice she can do alright but so does every single ap mid in the game so that's really not ori's issue.

and all her kit is outplayable, you can dodge all her spells and her ult has a big ass startup time for you to flash out or whatever. she's the slowest champion in the game along with anivia and co. and has a low auto range, has counters in like gragas and ziggs and all teh assassins and has been nerfed a million times

no denying she's really strong but imo she represents how most champions should be, very strong at what they do with clear weaknesses to exploit and windows for outplaying.

it'd be pretty depressed if (when) she gets nerfed

nah, synda had nothing to do with lulu. best fights for clg were when syndra blew all her spells on lulu, but that was only because syndra was out of position. aphro/double still got crushed that game.
yup, I'm no stranger to the blow up the support fast so she can't ult but kerp kept doing that and syndra ult isn't fast enough to stop the hugeify

Nekofrog

Banned
Slightly off topic, but I think I blew that job interview for sysadmin out of the water. Time to celebrate with some league.

Edit: Oh shit, I'm back just in time to watch Krepo? I <3 Krepo so much.

Someone needs to bumrush the stage with an electric razor and shave Phreak. I've never seen someone who looks that much worse with facial hair, and I'm including teenagers with their not-really-there mustaches.

Now the question becomes whether CLG will actually win any major games before they scrap their new roster.

drawkcaB

I think I've played enough support matches to form an opinion: revert the support champ scaling changes ASAP. It's stupid and the competitive scene is backing up my own findings. After picking up the gold item, sightstone, and upgraded boots, the game is almost always too late to bother picking up AP items, I'm always better off going into Aegis, etc.

ALN1031

you mean j4, lee sin, vi, elise aka all the junglers played at the moment?

your autos hurting enough is just not true, you have like 35 more damage by level 7, what are you talking about?

and if you steal blue buff and push ori to her turret she's terrible, you can poke her easily since she loses the defensive stats of e passive when qw'ing the caster minions and using too much w just drains her mana too fast (and she can't keep up with your push if only clearing with q). yea with blue and chalice she can do alright but so does every single ap mid in the game so that's really not ori's issue.

and all her kit is outplayable, you can dodge all her spells and her ult has a big ass startup time for you to flash out or whatever. she's the slowest champion in the game along with anivia and co. and has a low auto range, has counters in like gragas and ziggs and all teh assassins and has been nerfed a million times

no denying she's really strong but imo she represents how most champions should be, very strong at what they do with clear weaknesses to exploit and windows for outplaying.

it'd be pretty depressed if (when) she gets nerfed

yup, I'm no stranger to the blow up the support fast so she can't ult but kerp kept doing that and syndra ult isn't fast enough to stop the hugeify

Really? I'm seeing Mundo, Shyvana, Olaf, Elise etc. Vi is being played, but Vi level 6 ganks are a terror for anyone, not just Orianna. As for Lee and Elise, their ganks are very dependent on a minion blockable linear skillshot, if they don't get that their ganks are pretty avoidable, unless of course, you're pushed all the way up to their turret.

If you're spamming QW in lane and losing your mana, I assume you're doing it to harass your enemy, that is not needed with Ori, her autos hurt enough to harass along with the QW being used scarcely.

If you're pushed under turret, your extra auto damage allows you to farm under the tower a little better than other mids who have less auto damage, as you don't have to finish the minion with a skill. Autoing the melee minions and using a few qs and autos to finish the casters is very doable, you might take harass but that's expected if you're farming under tower, this is also supposed to be the time you tell your jungler to gank their mid's ass.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone considers Orianna as an extremely safe pick, and that is for a reason... even if you get set behind, you're still useful just because your ultimate exists, and because her laning is one of the best in mid lane.

I never said he needed it.

And to be honest, he's been a dominant force all season and does tons of damage while being tanky and resourceless.

Edit: and mobile and has pretty good sustain.

Okay then. What wouldn't you mind seeing nerfed and why?

I've never played Renekton but I don't see him as a dominant force in the a sense I feel he needs negative changes in any way.

every other play by play rivington does is just something that hasn't/isn't happening.
I remember a tournament two years ago where he shouted "AND IT HITS!" after an Ashe arrow whiffed.

Shortly thereafter: "the Nunu - Ashe combo is really working out for them!" when said champions were on opposing teams.

Burt

So, I've given up on my Teemo support run. Fun and effective , but only with an aggressive ADC that has some sense. Pretty much destroys any lane with Sona, but Thresh/Blitz/Leona/Taric lanes are rough.

Back to instagibbing ADCs with Rengar and cheesing with Taric.

ALN1031

I'm just a rabid Krepo fan. And anyone who plays Ziggs, too.

Yeah, I used to be somewhat like that too, being the only person I was really a big fan of was Froggen, but then I started seeing the team's inside more often and they seem just like the best of friends and I can't help loving all of em. Also, right there with ya man, I'm a Ziggs main =] loving the love he's getting now that league of assassins is over for now. He might get nerfed tho =[

Nekofrog

Banned
Yeah, I used to be somewhat like that too, being the only person I was really a big fan of was Froggen, but then I started seeing the team's inside more often and they seem just like the best of friends and I can't help loving all of em. Also, right there with ya man, I'm a Ziggs main =] loving the love he's getting now that league of assassins is over for now. He might get nerfed tho =[

I doubt Ziggs will get nerfed. Others may get buffed to compensate, but Morello <3 Ziggs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Really? I'm seeing Mundo, Shyvana, Olaf, Elise etc. Vi is being played, but Vi level 6 ganks are a terror for anyone, not just Orianna. As for Lee and Elise, their ganks are very dependent on a minion blockable linear skillshot, if they don't get that their ganks are pretty avoidable, unless of course, you're pushed all the way up to their turret.

If you're spamming QW in lane and losing your mana, I assume you're doing it to harass your enemy, that is not needed with Ori, her autos hurt enough to harass along with the QW being used scarcely.

If you're pushed under turret, your extra auto damage allows you to farm under the tower a little better than other mids who have less auto damage, as you don't have to finish the minion with a skill. Autoing the melee minions and using a few qs and autos to finish the casters is very doable, you might take harass but that's expected if you're farming under tower, this is also supposed to be the time you tell your jungler to gank their mid's ass.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone considers Orianna as an extremely safe pick, and that is for a reason... even if you get set behind, you're still useful just because your ultimate exists, and because her laning is one of the best in mid lane.
mundo, shyv, olaf, elise, etc. are permabans in solo q and except elise they're played more top anyways. my last 5 ranked games had all jarvans and lees and vis and evelynns. and if they camp your ass you're dead just like syndra and lux and anivia and any other mid laner without escapes.

orianna's picked because she's a lane bully and can survive a lot of assassins with her e, then transition to great mid and late game because of her ult. nothing of that is op

I dunno where you get the idea that an underfarmed ori is still useful, her ult is nice displacement and all but without damage people just shrug it off :/

Which skin do I buy, Vandal Gragas or Oktoberfest Gragas?

Already have Gragas Esq.

Decide for me GAF
okto gragas is best

ALN1031

mundo, shyv, olaf, elise, etc. are permabans in solo q and except elise they're played more top anyways. my last 5 ranked games had all jarvans and lees and vis and evelynns.

orianna's picked because she's a lane bully and can survive a lot of assassins with her e, then transition to great mid and late game because of her ult. nothing of that is op

I dunno where you get the idea that an underfarmed ori is still useful, her ult is nice displacement and all but without damage people just shrug it off :/

okto gragas is best

I say the last thing because compared to other mids who offer less utility, Orianna offers more even when she doesn't have damage built. Ziggs for example, offers very little if he doesn't have his damage, almost all mid assassins offer nothing if they don't have their damage, Ori in comparison still has the ability to completely win a teamfight for her team even if she has no damage just because her ult is so good, she also has the shield and speed/slow boost. Not saying Ori is super amazing when behind, but she's definitely more useful than a lot of other champions when behind.

ALN1031

I do not get it at all.... why in the world did Robert stay? He saw them, he even pinged them, yet he stayed? That level 1 kill was well deserved then...

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh even if krepo, yolopete and snoopi are pure love I feel this is kinda awful

like if they play 2 games and get into na lcs I feel like this shouldn't be happening heh

I say the last thing because compared to other mids who offer less utility, Orianna offers more even when she doesn't have damage built. Ziggs for example, offers very little if he doesn't have his damage, almost all mid assassins offer nothing if they don't have their damage, Ori in comparison still has the ability to completely win a teamfight for her team even if she has no damage just because her ult is so good, she also has the shield and speed/slow boost. Not saying Ori is super amazing when behind, but she's definitely more useful than a lot of other champions when behind.
ah ok, I understand what you mean but that's more about utility not scaling than ori in particular. the same could be said about lux, lissandra, anivia, syndra... all the control mages.

it's why I love these champions, they're not just damage (even tho they fortunately have a lot of that) but they provide a lot of other cool shit like shields and cc and vision and steal potential and all that crap :3

ALN1031

ah ok, I understand what you mean but that's more about utility not scaling than ori in particular. the same could be said about lux, lissandra, anivia, syndra... all the control mages.

it's why I love these champions, they're not just damage (even tho they fortunately have a lot of that) but they provide a lot of other cool shit like shields and cc and vision and steal potential and all that crap :3

Yeah, I agree about Liss, Anivia and Synd, not really with Lux though, her snare, slow and shield are pretty good, but I don't think it compares to the utility offered by those others. Liss's ult, Ori ult, Anivia wall/ult/stun, and Syndra's aoe stun are just amazing, don't think Lux is as good in the utility department, her shield is pretty amazing though.

Also, about deserving, I won't talk about the politics of buying a spot or w/e, I don't really have a solid opinion on that yet, but my opinion is that if a team gets into the LCS, they should be able to beat the other people who desire to get in the LCS. If EG comes in and wrecks DTG, who've been together for so long, they'll increase the overall skill level that people will need to get in the LCS, and hopefully we won't see another Velocity where they get stomped by everyone and their matches are a joke.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea what I mean is that utility doesn't scale so if you missed every single cs your cc is 100% as useful as if you had gotten every single one.

but in the end control mages are still there to kill dudes so if you can't bring in the damage you're pretty much worthless (unless someone else is fed and can compensate for your baddie-ness).

Also, about deserving, I won't talk about the politics of buying a spot or w/e, I don't really have a solid opinion on that yet, but my opinion is that if a team gets into the LCS, they should be able to beat the other people who desire to get in the LCS. If EG comes in and wrecks DTG, who've been together for so long, they'll increase the overall skill level that people will need to get in the LCS, and hopefully we won't see another Velocity where they get stomped by everyone and their matches are a joke.
the problem with this is that it's just too random

like eg could make up a one time cheese thing and win 2-0 with that and suddenly all that training and effort from dtg goes to shit. I mean it's probably more of an issue with this playoff garbage thing and could be easily remedied by making top 3 teams in challenger league move up and bottom 3 teams in lcs go down and be done with it

ALN1031

the problem with this is that it's just too random

like eg could make up a one time cheese thing and win 2-0 with that and suddenly all that training and effort from dtg goes to shit. I mean it's probably more of an issue with this playoff garbage thing and could be easily remedied by making top 3 teams in challenger league move up and bottom 3 teams in lcs go down and be done with it

I guess, but it's Best of 5 for that sole reason I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom