• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
fanart

mc5PT2z.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
I normally have nothing against gratuitous cleavage and ridiculous outfits, but Nami's is different. It is basically her skin peeled open. Not that mutilation in regards to beauty/fashion is uncommon, but damn.

Do players normally lock screen to center on the character or simply leave it unlock and manage it?

Unlocked screen, but I hold the space bar to lock it like 70% of the time. I let go during fights.

If you're holding most of the time... you should probably just lock it.

I keep it unlocked 95% of the time. I press space to center to my character whenever I get lost in teamfights or walking long distances, because I died along the way at least once.

FODEA

Banned
I accidentally lock my screen sometimes and it's frustrating. I should probably just get rid of the hotkey entirely. I play almost 100% of all the time in every game with the camera unlocked.

Do players normally lock screen to center on the character or simply leave it unlock and manage it?

It's generally considered better to play unlocked since overall map awareness is so important. That said, I have had a pro player tell me that playing most champions it actually shouldn't matter anyway, because any information from outside your immediate zone should be coming from use of the minimap, anyway. (He then proceeded to display it by completely bodying a team on Kassadin zoomed 100% of the way in.)

I'd say get used to playing unlocked, though. Most of the time having the camera centered on your champion gives you less usable screen space anyway, especially if you play bottom lane. (Unless you really need to keep an eye on all those trees off the edge of the map to make sure they're not getting up to anything sneaky.)

MadLife on Thresh is hot, but I think Frost's triple AD carry composition is going to sink them hard. Games don't end fast enough on this patch to close things out before the defensive stats start getting built to punish that.

Edit: dade running that classic evolved W Manamune mid Kha, total disrespect mode for Ganked by mom's Zed play.

I hate to have to be the one to tell you, Voli, but I think Jinx is the kind of carry who prefers to duo with Leona.

(Because she really needs that extra peel. I guess Alistar would work, too.)

Nev

Banned
I've uninstalled this game for real. My stupidity has a limit. For about a month I've been having random lag spikes / dc / impossible to reconnect every 3 or 4 games or even 2 games straight around the 20 minute mark (never had it before that, god knows why the fuck), and my internet is working flawlessly when these happen.

I've checked everything, contacted Riot, ISP, reinstalled the game, reinstalled the internet card drivers, de-deactivated firewall and antivirus, opened ports and closed every fucking program while I play, even processes that aren't necessary. My internet isn't losing any package when this happens, in fact, according to the test I did, it's never losing them.

I haven't had one similar problem while playing Smite, Dota 2, L4D2, PS3 or basically every single other game I play. Just this game. According to some other people:

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1041525
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3932318
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1253296
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3665249
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3916190
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1450568
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1138056

It's not a problem of mine and it is indeed something related to these fucking joke of servers they have for one of their main regions. It's also not only on the forums, some people on my friend list have told me the same happens to them.

I've fucked enough people because of this bullshit. Fuck Riot and fuck their shitty EUW servers. You're the worst. I regret giving any money to them. I hope Heroes of the Storm Dota 2 or Smite surpass this game soon because of the 0 cares they've given about Europe since they released it. Literally 3 and a half years of problems, and all they give us is IP boost, while they give skins and RP to Korea if their shiny servers stop working properly for 10 seconds.

I like this game but this shit is too much.

Money for top laner. Who?
U0EVB0O.jpg

Except for:
Talon (too risky)
Fiora (too risky, bad)
Rumble (can never play well)

Leaning a bit toward Yasuo, Jayce and Quinn.

jost

Neo Member
I really like Xin Zhao, he has such a strong early game its quite surprising. Lately I think he's an under valued top laner.

Money for top laner. Who?
U0EVB0O.jpg

Except for:
Talon (too risky)
Fiora (too risky, bad)
Rumble (can never play well)

Leaning a bit toward Yasuo, Jayce and Quinn.

There's not actually much reason to play Quinn Top. If you can play Quinn Top you can play Vayne Top. (And yes, you sometimes can play Vayne Top, though a bit less often after the "quality of life" change/nerf to her Condemn follow-up.)

Yasuo and Jayce are both interesting pick-ups. Tryndamere's probably better to learn than either on the whole, but he's definitely not for everyone. Lissandra wouldn't be completely out of the question, either, even if she doesn't hold up so well in the current top lane meta due to Shyvana and Mundo being too beef for her.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I needed this game after a bad, bad start to the year (never getting armor pen runes again lol)

I snowballed early because Quinn's vision hax are just amazing. Shyvana built specifically to tank me out - and she probably could've too if I hadn't absolutely feasted on every lane but top. I could just hop/dance around her without even having to acknowledge the dragon until the end of the fight.

I've fucked enough people because of this bullshit. Fuck Riot and fuck their shitty EUW servers. You're the worst. I regret giving any money to them. I hope Heroes of the Storm Dota 2 or Smite surpass this game soon because of the 0 cares they've given about Europe since they released it. Literally 3 and a half years of problems, and all they give us is IP boost, while they give skins and RP to Korea if their shiny servers stop working properly for 10 seconds.

I like this game but this shit is too much.
Selective memory and inaccurate anecdotal 'evidence' (like the Korean tidbit).

For the past one and a half years they've hardly given out compensations in any region. They've made big strides with EU servers overall if you actually remember how League's European server stability used to be. The Garena days were a royal mess, so Riot took matters into their own hands despite being a small beginner company. After a short while they couldn't keep up with demand (expected), so the end result there was log-in queues that could last anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours each day for two - three months straight. These downtimes escalated especially when the final days of the Season 2 were approaching, so eventually they split the servers into seperate EUW / EUNE clusters. Immediate improvement once everything was said and done. All of this was after them ironing out numerous problems surrounding client-side functionality, back when something as basic as lobbies and invites would be flat-out broken (seemingly at random) for days at a time. During the past year things went rather smoothly across the whole up until the tail-end of Season 3 and while those latency issues still persist today, they're nowhere near as bad as 2 - 3 years ago. Not even close. Their operations have expanded substantially and Riot's also been far more transparent with their overall communication relevant to these matters; back then it was virtually non-existent. As of late they've given ISP companies the middle finger with an initiative of their own (that I don't remember the exact details of) in one of several attempts to fix this whole mess since said firms were allegedly far too slow in co-operating with Riot, and they're currently in the process of setting up their own server farm in some country - the completion of which is due in March IIRC - with custom-made servers that supposedly utilize technology specifically designed for League of Legends' enormous traffic flow.

It's one thing to be understandably frustrated with how their service has been performing far from optimally lately, but knee-jerk hyperbole like "0 cares given about Europe" shows that you're only seeing what you want to believe.

There's not actually much reason to play Quinn Top. If you can play Quinn Top you can play Vayne Top. (And yes, you sometimes can play Vayne Top, though a bit less often after the "quality of life" change/nerf to her Condemn follow-up.)
Except Quinn is better at dueling top laners and pressuring towers than Vayne, never mind that nobody likes Vayne players.

zkylon

zkylewd
Why are runes so fucking expensive?
seems like carryover crap from the early riot days

they plan to overhaul the whole runes thing in s4 so I wouldn't go too crazy about them for the time being.

btw when does s4 actually start? feels like forever since a patch. I need a patch :3

Edwardo

Except Quinn is better at dueling top laners and pressuring towers than Vayne, never mind that nobody likes Vayne players.

I played about 5 games as Vayne top last night and was doing really well and was having fun too. It was my first time trying it out so I didn't really know what to expect. Is Quinn really a better option for that style?

ALN1031

I played about 5 games as Vayne top last night and was doing really well and was having fun too. It was my first time trying it out so I didn't really know what to expect. Is Quinn really a better option for that style?

Well imo, with the tank meta now, Vayne would be a lot more useful because of % hp true damage. Both Vayne and Quinn should crap all over the melee top laners anyway.

Edwardo

seems like carryover crap from the early riot days

they plan to overhaul the whole runes thing in s4 so I wouldn't go too crazy about them for the time being.

btw when does s4 actually start? feels like forever since a patch. I need a patch :3

Season 3 started February 1st, so hopefully around that time.

Well imo, with the tank meta now, Vayne would be a lot more useful because of % hp true damage. Both Vayne and Quinn should crap all over the melee top laners anyway.

Yea I was up against Mundo twice, and he had a tough time.

Vayne can still whittle down melee's in lane, but she's more vulnerable and in this context she's primarily a late game threat. Meanwhile, a Quinn that maxes E > W against champions such as Renekton or Shyvanna (since the blind from Q is next to useless against those) is a massive pain-in-the-ass from the get-go and requires less effort in order to effectively deny the average top melee. If you time your Vault right (with decreased cooldown + increased slow per rank) versus the examples I listed, they almost cannot touch you without risking losing the trade by a lot. Quinn also has an easier time reacting to your jungler if he's invading the enemy thanks to her ult and she takes down towers faster with her attack speed buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom