• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALN1031

I've had a lot of success as Yasuo in mid lane normals. I usually get fed and have low deaths. I find that his mobility in lane and his wall makes him extremely hard to deal with. Using E through a minion, Q-ing the enemy and autoing, then dashing through minions, all while your shield is up is a very potent harass. Once you hit 6, you land a tornado and go in to kill them. Works a lot of times for me. Most people in mid, especially if they rely on projectiles, can't trade well with you and your shield.

The problem I've had the most with Yasuo is in a protect the carry comp on the enemy team, with no easy knock ups on my own team. Mid-Late game, I can reliably demolish enemy squishies if left alone with them for like 2-3 seconds, using ult, but if I can't engage with ult, it makes it very easy to kill Yasuo as he tries to dash to the squishies. In these cases, I usually have to wait for a minion wave, charge my tornado, and hope I hit a squishy with it.

ALN1031

Fun times.

Idk where you found that, but DerpTrolling made the same threat a few days ago on EUW users, and judging from the lack of outraged players complaining about their lost accounts, they're probably empty threats for attention.

Einbroch

Banned
I'm curious to see if my brother's name is on that list. He had a Diamond account that hasn't been played in over a year, so it fits the criteria.

Edit: lol nope, it's the same list that was "hacked" August 2013.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Played my first game of Swain. Went just 9-6 but we still won. I donged in the early game but we had a Pantheon top that kept feeding Kha'Zix which made my lane a lot harder.

Still, Swain is a monster. I straight up melted a Lee Sin and Zed at level 6.

ALN1031

Played my first game of Swain. Went just 9-6 but we still won. I donged in the early game but we had a Pantheon top that kept feeding Kha'Zix which made my lane a lot harder.

Still, Swain is a monster. I straight up melted a Lee Sin and Zed at level 6.

Yep, Swain's ratios coupled with his damage amp is insanity. Focus him or die.

Ferga

Or just build early boots (to dodge the snare. If you dodge the snare, you practically take no damage from swain), MR, outfarm him and watch him be useless in team fights as he runs oom.

He is a late game tank who has early game advantages. He's kind of in a weird spot since he can't go mid effectively since he can't roam, assassinate or burst anyone down mid-late game and he has trouble going top because he can't get blue.

Elise most played. Yeah. Seems about right.
edge-wrestler-gif.gif

Irelia second though. Wow, I haven't played Irelia in AGES. Irelia most minutes played. She was one of the first I bought. Played her a lot leveling.
jjZQP.gif

Welp, I tried max E Quinn a couple of times and was just not really impressed, guys.
Like I said: the matter of maxing Q vs maxing E first is dependant on the enemy champion, but out of the match-ups you listed you would've been able to punish Garen, Susan and Singed very regularly with more points in E. You're right in that they can still try and chase you after you used your E aggressively albeit only from max distance (or anywhere close to it), but given that Quinn has the range advantage by default you can casually walk up to them a little closer as they attempt to last-hit (which'll increase the frequency of your Harrier passive landing correctly) and if champions like the above try to counter-attack (Renekton and Shyvanna too for that matter), you'll create enough distance for them to realize it'll usually be an exercise in futility while getting two Harrier procs off with good timing. Prioritizing W over Q only further amplifies this, with the increased movement and attack speed it provides per Harrier proc. So even with the notion of Q being a safe tool for ranged poke, in the end it's still less consistent against melee's due to the Blind debuff not always being a valuable stat against a top laner (all of the ones mentioned in here), it being a skillshot, a top usually having enough self-sustain to shrug off Q harrassing after positioning properly and it potentially pushing the lane hard as well if the opposing laner sticks close to his minion waves whether you directly hit him or not.

Secondly: even guides from high-ranked Diamond players tend to have iffy advice in them, especially when it comes to itemization. In this case I don't agree with their decision to rush Blade of the Ruined King at all; yeah, she's an auto-attacker and it's rarely a bad item to purchase eventually, but based on my own experiences top Quinn feels rather underwhelming if that's her first real item. Plus it doesn't scale well with her Q (when maxing it first) if you do manage to scrounge up enough money for a Cutlass relatively quickly. I've seen other die-hard Quinn players forego an early BoRK as well, and as anecdotal as it is, they've generally performed better than those who followed opening builds that are similar to the ones seen in your links.

I will add that I was wrong about Quinn's E boosting the slow on it per rank, but it staying at a static percentage - 50% is nothing to scoff at in conjunction with the minor knockback and the additional distance it creates - doesn't negatively affect its lane dynamic regardless. And your approach still worked out evidently based on your scores, so I'm primarily chiming in with a different point-of-view that I feel is better suited for top lane rather than outright saying "you're wrong!" or anything of the sort.

Newt

I play Quinn ADC, not top, and I max E exclusively. You definitely lose damage, but her E has good range and is very reliable.

Mothman91

Never want to duo with my silver friends ever again. I don't mind if they suck or not, but the people that I'm getting grouped up with are so fucking horrendous. I had a Janna support who didn't ward river for the first 10 minutes. Had a trick2wannafuckingbe Udyr running around not doing jack shit. My friend was Garen top who sucked monkey dick, and only other guy who did fine was Gragas mid.

Never again.

jost

Neo Member
If it wasn't one of the biggest troll games I'm been. I'm sure it could work, with the turrets he could hold bot. I could see that.

Fuzzery

If it wasn't one of the biggest troll games I'm been. I'm sure it could work, with the turrets he could hold bot. I could see that.

You send your your adc/supp top and they push down the turret really fast, while they can't really kill heimer's tower, then rotate back and gg

jost

Neo Member
You send your your adc/supp top and they push down the turret really fast, while they can't really kill heimer's tower, then rotate back and gg

Except we didn't have an ADC, Teemo Heim bot, Wukong mid, Leblanc jung, Riven top. While I'm not opposed to such picks it was the players themselves that made it bad.

I play Quinn ADC, not top, and I max E exclusively. You definitely lose damage, but her E has good range and is very reliable.

The problem with that in the top lane is you really shouldn't be vaulting on people offensively outside of supporting a gank. I don't know what kind of scrub-ass losers people are playing against where they can get away with using it just for poke/harass in top, but any player who isn't completely asleep at the wheel will punish you for that shit eventually.

It's the same with Vayne top, you don't just Tumble around randomly for extra damage. That's your freaking lifeline for when Renekton decides you look good enough to eat. Completely different from Vayne bottom, who can use it practically off CD just to auto-reset for CS.

Newt

First time playing Elise in ranked. Second time playing her ever. She definitely has a pretty high skillcap, and I can see why she's 100% pick/banned at major tournaments. That E is so strong. Also that Maokai kinda stole Nid's lane lmao.
I8uuJbI.png

Subtle

First time playing Elise in ranked. Second time playing her ever. She definitely has a pretty high skillcap, and I can see why she's 100% pick/banned at major tournaments. That E is so strong. Also that Maokai kinda stole Nid's lane lmao.
I8uuJbI.png

I don't like Elise she feels clunky to play and slow. Only used her once tho. and fed.

rakhir

Just picked up Vi on sale and played a bot much to test her out. I really like her.

Should I max W or Q first? I saw some guides saying Q from names I know, but they looked outdated.
I'm maxing Q->W->E when i'm playing her as a Gank Police jungle. Q is the skill to engage and to chase enemies. If you can land it on a champion it does a lot of dmg while knocking them a bit, and if the fight's long enough cd will end and you'll have it again to catch a fleeing opponent. Sometimes it just melts low hp characters, and that's fun.
W is next, to peel off that tanky champions, and E is basically an AA resetter.
When I'm playing her on the top lane my skill choice depend on the enemy, but it's mostly E->W->Q.

CRS

Would it be worth it to get runes now? Or should I wait for the upcoming patch? Don't want to spend the IP for nothing.

Would it be worth it to get runes now? Or should I wait for the upcoming patch? Don't want to spend the IP for nothing.
Unless you're planning on not playing until they get updated, just get the runes.

You don't know what will be good or bad anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom