• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALN1031

Q, in my opinion. It's the low-cooldown nuke. Even maxed, E's cooldown is too high to spam in the laning phase. At least compared to Q.

Idk about that, bro. Looking at the LoL wiki, Quinn's E has 1 second more on its cooldown at every corresponding level on Q. Q increases by 40 damage to E's 30 damage though, although Q's mana cost also increases 5 each level whereas E doesn't. Imo, I'd max E if I'm against someone who relies more on abilities than just straight AA spam.

zkylon

zkylewd
Season 3 started February 1st, so hopefully around that time.

aww man that's forever

also dat jinx

retro_jinx_by_sketcheth-d706ify.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Quinn top I generally max E first. Quinn bot I always max Q first.

E will give you more escapes against sticky top laners and will allow for more burst damage. The best thing about Q is the blind, and most top laners don't depend on auto attacks, so you're wasting that a bit. Plus the mana cost on E doesn't increase, and you'll need as much mana as possible to stay in lane. Also, increasing E means you get more passive procs which give you extra lifesteal, again allowing you to lane longer.

Obviously this depends on who you're up against.

Subtle

I really like Quinn. I'm kind of sad that Lucian and Jinx took off but she didn't. Her Phoenix Quinn splash is so good!

Edwardo

Vayne can still whittle down melee's in lane, but she's more vulnerable and in this context she's primarily a late game threat. Meanwhile, a Quinn that maxes E > W against champions such as Renekton or Shyvanna (since the blind from Q is next to useless against those) is a massive pain-in-the-ass from the get-go and requires less effort in order to effectively deny the average top melee. If you time your Vault right (with decreased cooldown + increased slow per rank) versus the examples I listed, they almost cannot touch you without risking losing the trade by a lot. Quinn also has an easier time reacting to your jungler if he's invading the enemy thanks to her ult and she takes down towers faster with her attack speed buff.

Sweet, thanks for the info. I'll have to give her a try.

Idk about that, bro. Looking at the LoL wiki, Quinn's E has 1 second more on its cooldown at every corresponding level on Q. Q increases by 40 damage to E's 30 damage though, although Q's mana cost also increases 5 each level whereas E doesn't. Imo, I'd max E if I'm against someone who relies more on abilities than just straight AA spam.
It's an interesting question really.

In my top Quinn experience, the E is less a harass tool (it is, but not as much) and more of an escape tool. Then again, I'm thinking of specific matchups like Riven, Garen, Jax, Irela and Renekton. Champs that *hope* you waste the E harassing so they can all-in your dumbass for doing so. For those champs (and in my opinion), E becomes a *response* to some sort of aggression rather than aggression on your part unless you already know their gap-closing abilities are on cooldown, at which time it's all free damage for you. I'm sure maxing E first against champs like Doge, Singed and others who have no gap-closing ability outside of summoner spells is fine, but at the same time, Q gives free, safe damage/harass (forget the blind) and the ability to aoe farm a bit from a longer distance if the situation requires it.

I'll play some more top Quinn today and see how it goes with the two different builds.

Nekofrog

Banned
so how to get rid of queue anxiety

ranked solo queue scares me

feels so much better to play with friends in skype <_<

real talk? just do it. you will have games where you get destroyed. you will have games where you get yelled and screamed at. that's what ignore is for.

Just picked up Vi on sale and played a bot much to test her out. I really like her.

Should I max W or Q first? I saw some guides saying Q from names I know, but they looked outdated.

Nekofrog

Banned
LordNewt

In Game as: Tryndamere

WAT

It's funny because I played Tryndamere earlier today for the first time in forever.

edit:

oh. oh no.

garath

lolparse.com is pretty cool. I know it was a topic about 10 pages back but never went through my logs. 568 hours in 2 years. Wow. I don't play much.

Elise most played. Yeah. Seems about right. Irelia second though. Wow, I haven't played Irelia in AGES. Irelia most minutes played. She was one of the first I bought. Played her a lot leveling. Spread out a lot more since then.

Elise 62 1,993
Irelia 60 2,106
Nocturne 51 1,678
Katarina 50 1,502
Kassadin 48 1,630
Vi 46 1,487
Khazix 33 1,064

Guess I don't play a lot with people heh. Most played with:

scy46 10 305
LeaveYouAPreview 6 198
YLA Rex 6 174
Kiunch 6 206
McSk1llz 5 180
xcloser 4 157

Welp, I tried max E Quinn a couple of times and was just not really impressed, guys.

You're giving up so much of your burst damage when you don't max Q first. Forget about the blind component, the ability does damn near 2x the damage E gives you. The 1 second gained on the cooldown just didn't do enough for me. It doesn't make E spammable (or otherwise allow you to use it liberally) during the laning phase and it doesn't give a meaningful damage boost. If you have 3 points in it early and E onto someone like Riven or similar for harass, you're still going to get all-in'd and fucked up unless you have a flash available...so it's really no better with one or two points than it is with max points until later in the game when items and levels make it a 6-second cooldown or so.

It's entirely possible I didn't adjust to having it, but I felt like I was being pretty aggressive in both games. Finished those 2 games:

14/3/10
8/1/5

But felt damage-deficient early because I didn't have a strong Q. One of the matches was a Nasus/Garen that were kinda rotating between jungling and laning. The other was against a Singed/Vayne that went back and forth between lanes. Both games rotations were happening because I was putting my foot deep in their asses. They went mostly as expected. Any time I'd get too aggressive, they'd try to turn it around burning one or more summoner spells. Usually immediately after I used E for continue harass. It was funny fucking up Nasus' last-hitting with Q, btw.

So yea, the only time I could really feel like that's the right approach is if you can't land your Q's effectively. It's certainly not the best skillshot in the game so I can understand just getting a point in it for the unlikely blind you may actually land...but I'm pretty effective with the blinds. If for any other reason...eh...Quinn is so squishy the difference between a 10 second and a 7 or 8 second E cooldown if you're being all-in'd is irrelevant. She's gonna die anyway.

Now, if the E got a buff where the move slow amount or duration increases, I'd have a different opinion. Like if it was 20%/30%/40%/50%/60%, I'd understand maxing it first. Or if the duration was 1/1/2/2/3.

FWIW I did a bit of due-diligence to see what the guides offered up by diamond players are suggesting and they're all maxing Q first.

http://www.lolking.net/guides/101215
http://www.lolking.net/guides/181620
http://www.lolking.net/guides/170936

YMMV, of course. Build her as you find most comfortable/conducive to your winning.

Einbroch

Banned
Forget about the blind component, the ability does damn near 2x the damage E gives you.

You're forgetting that E triggers her passive, giving you +105 + 50% bonus AD extra damage at level 9. If you get off an auto attack you're dealing 35 extra damage with zero bonus AD over just Q. You can Q-Auto, obviously, but Q is hard to land on a smart player during laning phase. And E is targeted and can't be blocked by minions. And E wastes less mana.

But like I said, it depends on who you're against.

FODEA

Banned
UhmOyWY.png

how did my champ select screen turn into tetris

Same thing happened to me the first game. I just searched random gibberish and cleared it but the black and white ? (random champion) is just a black square like you see in your picture all over the place

was in champ select for a ranked game and it jus froze.. just got into bronze 3 hopefully dont lose points

Wait it out but write them if you lose points. We got a loss prevent. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom