• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm buying runes as a level 23. If you don't have a good champ roster maybe focus on that. But between some good low IP champs and buying 6300 champs on sale (and a few 4800), I have a solid roster so far (Thanks, AmEx serve card!). Predicting Riot is impossible and not having any runes is such a handicap.

I'm maxing Q->W->E when i'm playing her as a Gank Police jungle. Q is the skill to engage and to chase enemies. If you can land it on a champion it does a lot of dmg while knocking them a bit, and if the fight's long enough cd will end and you'll have it again to catch a fleeing opponent. Sometimes it just melts low hp characters, and that's fun.
W is next, to peel off that tanky champions, and E is basically an AA resetter.
When I'm playing her on the top lane my skill choice depend on the enemy, but it's mostly E->W->Q.

Thanks. I can't see playing as farming Vi, so I'll give it a shot. Didn't have any great games with her last night, but played a few and I like her.

Edit: also, what do you build? I see a lot of different choices on probuilds. I like Elder lizard but after that it seems like some people are going Tforce, but others are going brutalizer to black cleaver. The guides I was looking at before said BoRK but it looks like not a lot of people are building that now.

zkylon

zkylewd
Would it be worth it to get runes now? Or should I wait for the upcoming patch? Don't want to spend the IP for nothing.

if you can wait the month out, I'd suggest you wait. I think quints will stay the same tho, so I'd buy those if anything

zkylon

zkylewd
Armor Yellows will probably get hit, because they're mandatory on everyone.

they said the idea is to besides killing armor blues (which is perfectly reasonable) they also want to make yellows focused on defense, reds on offense, blues on utility and quints are just everything.

so predictions:
* quints: more or less stay the same, they might get some number changes but functionally the same
* reds: also the same but no more armor reds for supports. maybe adding ap+ad runes for akali/kayle/jax? or maybe take it on all mids that can harass with autos. sounds more straightforward than double pen and also nice for them last hits and taking down turrets. if they remove mr blues you might not miss the mpen so much
* yellows: armor yellows nerfed, addition of mr yellows and hybrid resistances yellows
* blues: mr blues removed, ap/lvl removed, mp5 and gp10 moved here.

I like the idea of runes. You can do some neat stuff with them, it's certainly interesting. My main problem with them is the way they are handled and delivered right now. In a genre where every number has an impact, no matter how small, locking them behind experience is crazy to me. You're giving an advantage to someone simply because they played longer instead of because they had more understanding or skill than the other person. Granted the solution to this is give you all the runes outright.

I don't know enough about them, but I'm assuming like all other games, these have been min max'd to hell and back and there are certain "optimal" builds. By putting them all behind an xp wall there is a large group of people who will never experiment with new sets and instead just read a guide and purchase those. Granted the people who are strung out not having enough xp aren't going to be the ones innovating the meta anyhow but they're still missing out on some fun of "their own" builds.

Mothman91

Yeah, the way runes are right now is horrible. I know they wouldn't take them out completely or make them free so alteast cut the price significantly. 3 quints cost as much as a full champion price. I wonder what Riot has planned for this.

zkylon

zkylewd
riot should just remove tier 1 & 2 and level restriction on runes. and set all small runes to cost say 300 ip, and all quints to say 1500 ip or something. making runes have varied costs just adds a balancing problem that shouldn't be there in the first place, it makes no sense.

I like runes as an idea because unlike masteries it's fun and noticeable to try new stuff out but the pricing is all over the place. it cost like 7400 ip to get me the 9 fucking cdr blues, wtf

oh and while they're at it remove level restriction on summoner spells.

ALN1031

Personally, I'm fine with runes. However, I think rune pages are waaay overpriced. They cost as much as the most expensive basic champion tier. 6300 per rune page, wtf. Therefore, it is so that I only have two rune pages, one for AD, one for AP. Fuck buying more. I'll do that when I no longer have champions I want to buy.

I dont like rune prices either. I did some math and got the best rune setup for a jungle Eve cheese, but I needed to spend IP for AP quints and blues. :/ Granted I should have AP quints by now but AP blues are just not reliable.

FODEA

Banned
Personally, I'm fine with runes. However, I think rune pages are waaay overpriced. They cost as much as the most expensive basic champion tier. 6300 per rune page, wtf. Therefore, it is so that I only have two rune pages, one for AD, one for AP. Fuck buying more. I'll do that when I no longer have champions I want to buy.

Smart thing to do. Two pages:

2 LS Quints, 1 AD Quint. 9 AD Reds, 9 Flat Armor Yellows, 9 Flat MR Blues
3 AP Quints, 9 Magic Pen Reds, 9 Flat Armor Yellows, 9 Flat MR Blues.

All you need realistically unless you want a tiny bump in your ability to play this game more effectively.

I have like 20 pages, a whole bunch of runes I never use and 20k IP (and all champions of course). Having IP and not knowing what to do with it feels good and bad at the same time.

scy

Yeah, the way runes are right now is horrible. I know they wouldn't take them out completely or make them free so alteast cut the price significantly. 3 quints cost as much as a full champion price. I wonder what Riot has planned for this.

While this is true, the Tier 1 Runes are super efficient considering their costs. The Tier 2 Runes are pretty bad though.

At this point, they can just tone down the cost of them massively and there will be little overall effect on things. Well, people will still complain that they spent X thousands of IP months ago blahblahblah but such is life.

Edwardo

Smart thing to do. Two pages:

2 LS Quints, 1 AD Quint. 9 AD Reds, 9 Flat Armor Yellows, 9 Flat MR Blues
3 AP Quints, 9 Magic Pen Reds, 9 Flat Armor Yellows, 9 Flat MR Blues.

All you need realistically unless you want a tiny bump in your ability to play this game more effectively.

I have like 20 pages, a whole bunch of runes I never use and 20k IP (and all champions of course). Having IP and not knowing what to do with it feels good and bad at the same time.

I have the same thing for my first two, except 3 LS since i'm a sucker for lifesteal. My third page has gold per quints that I run with for support. I'll probably switch them to something else eventually, but it isn't a priority now.

Edwardo

i still like my gold per ten quints.

I remember when I bought the gold per ten quints I was able to go back to buy things like sightstone a little bit earlier. I always had the gold at the time that I wanted to B. I feel like if I switch them out it'll throw this off a bit.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I remember when I bought the gold per ten quints I was able to go back to buy things like sightstone a little bit earlier. I always had the gold at the time that I wanted to B. I feel like if I switch them out it'll throw this off a bit.
you gotta go back and buy that blasting wand. pew pew.

5 game lost streak and every one of them has had at least one out and out baddie. Last game two of our team had 3 ranked wins each - why the fuck am I being paired with people who clearly don't know what they're doing.

Their team has 3AP - our Rengar doesn't even buy SV and has 40MR @ 40mins.

Nekofrog

Banned
55DIETV.jpg

Valor, to me! Think I could've swapped out the shiv for something with more damage on it.At that point though I was dropping tanks pretty quickly with the cleaver. I died once in lane to Jax, the rest of the time I played somewhat passively but still snagged kills here and there on him.

Bonus: teamchat during champ select: "i hate quinn. she brings nothing to end game".

Nekofrog

Banned
I give you shit for playing Yasuo, but, it's a game. Play whatever is fun to you, don't listen to what shitheads like us say.

Just don't bring that scrubshit into ranked >:3

55DIETV.jpg

Valor, to me! Think I could've swapped out the shiv for something with more damage on it.At that point though I was dropping tanks pretty quickly with the cleaver. I died once in lane to Jax, the rest of the time I played somewhat passively but still snagged kills here and there on him.

Bonus: teamchat during champ select: "i hate quinn. she brings nothing to end game".

just for future reference, Ghostblade is a much better Brutalizer upgrade on Quinn. With ult, Ghostblade, Blade and Shiv you have a tremendous amount of chase/burst and sustained damage. Great for assassinating squishies too.

they said the idea is to besides killing armor blues (which is perfectly reasonable) they also want to make yellows focused on defense, reds on offense, blues on utility and quints are just everything.

so predictions:
* quints: more or less stay the same, they might get some number changes but functionally the same
* reds: also the same but no more armor reds for supports. maybe adding ap+ad runes for akali/kayle/jax? or maybe take it on all mids that can harass with autos. sounds more straightforward than double pen and also nice for them last hits and taking down turrets. if they remove mr blues you might not miss the mpen so much
* yellows: armor yellows nerfed, addition of mr yellows and hybrid resistances yellows
* blues: mr blues removed, ap/lvl removed, mp5 and gp10 moved here.

I kind of forgot that they did hint at how they wanted to change the runes. So far I'm gettin AS/AD/MPen reds, Armor yellows and MR blues each level. I think I'll keep doing that and maybe buy some quints but I'll probably hold off on buying any other runes at least until the season starts.

garath

Kha'Zingle jungle is the new thing now

Lol

I've known the strength of Kha'zix jungle for ages now. Finally the pros are catching on :p

I give you shit for playing Yasuo, but, it's a game. Play whatever is fun to you, don't listen to what shitheads like us say.

Yasuo easy wins in ranked. I have 100% winrate with him.
one game..... lol

I think I've only lost two Yasuo games out of the 15 or so I've played.

Nekofrog

Banned
2 Quinn games, 2 wins. Back into my promos. Quinn vs Nidalee is a lot harder than Quinn vs Bruiser, heh. Didn't help that her duo queue'd jungler trundle camped me a lot.

Taking people's opinions seriously for a champion that takes a while to figure out when you enjoy 'mastering' him is silly anyways, when he might not actually be weak in the first place. Lucian is another one of those instances where some of the regulars in this thread were convinced he was terrible for a long time, and suddenly changed their stance over a small (relatively speaking) tweak on his Q.

Does transforming with Elise have kind of a high learning curve, or is it like Udyr where you just kind of get used to it after a little?
You get used to memorizing or having a feel for her cooldowns in both stances.

zkylon

zkylewd
What?! Where is this list
you probably weren't

apparently the so called 200k or something was just like 2k copy pasted 100 times or something

Does transforming with Elise have kind of a high learning curve, or is it like Udyr where you just kind of get used to it after a little?
not really, you turn spider to bail out or when your human spells are on cooldown. I mean it's a bit more complicated than that but it's not too crazy

Nekofrog

Banned
Taking people's opinions seriously for a champion that takes a while to figure out when you enjoy 'mastering' him is silly anyways, when he might not actually be weak in the first place. Lucian is another one of those instances where some of the regulars in this thread were convinced he was terrible for a long time, and suddenly changed their stance over a small (relatively speaking) tweak on his Q.

Lucian WAS shit until that "small" tweak.

You get used to memorizing or having a feel for her cooldowns in both stances.

you probably weren't

not really, you turn spider to bail out or when your human spells are on cooldown. I mean it's a bit more complicated than that but it's not too crazy

It just seems like switching in the jungle could take some getting used to. It seems like (from watching streams) in fights you should be in spider form most of the time except for throwing some cocoons. Maybe it depends on build though. I'll buy her and get a feel for her. Might pick up Vi too since she's on sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
It just seems like switching in the jungle could take some getting used to. It seems like (from watching streams) in fights you should be in spider form most of the time except for throwing some cocoons. Maybe it depends on build though. I'll buy her and get a feel for her. Might pick up Vi too since she's on sale.
can't really talk for her jungle since I only play her top (imma try her mid today maybe) but yea, in teamfights you blow all your cooldowns, then jump at someone with spidey q and keep biting them until your cocoon is again off cd. use rappel to dodge big aoe thingies like fizz shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom