• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

plenty of ppl use grag ult for displacement u guys cray plus it does less dmg than it used to
but yeah its too much and should be nerfed

Jenga

Banned
they should just remove the ult and give it something like "gragas gets 100 armor/ 100 mr and gets 4 gapclosers to move around in addition to an aoe with 120/400/1000 magic damage (+1.0 AD bonus)"

250 + 60% AP is just too much. It's weaker than a LOT of basic mage spells.

They should at least keep the ratio and the higher cooldown. Reducing base damage is enough to neuter his lane burst.

Then pit them against each other in games of lol and Dota

ow32.png
I like how you operate.

zkylon

zkylewd
250 + 60% AP is just too much. It's weaker than a LOT of basic mage spells.

They should at least keep the ratio and the higher cooldown. Reducing base damage is enough to neuter his lane burst.
well his lane burst is kept because the lvl 1 ult base damage is the same, and the ratio cut loses you like 20 damage since by level 6 you usually have dorans and maybe chalice.

but yeah later on it's crazy.

like:
ziggs lvl 9 q = 255 + 65%
lux lvl 9 e = 240 + 60%
syndra lvl 9 q = 265 + 70% (against champions)
brand lvl 9 w = 255 + 60% (320 + 75% with passive)
gragas own lvl 9 q = 285 + 90%

like, the aoe is much larger for gragas ult and the displacement is no joke but still it's super a weird number

I'm wondering, how does CDR affect E when he hits enemies? Is it a flat -6 seconds, or half of the current cooldown?
I'm pretty sure it's calculated after cdr's applied, else it'd be pretty broken. like if you'd had 40% cdr it'd basically work like yasuo's e lol.

Gragas early level is very strong which is why I love jungling him. I mean he gets a BF Sword lite with Lv1 W. His clears are just amazing.

Bacon

Been watching a lot of high level streams lately, can anyone explain to me why kassadin gets banned nearly every game? Never played as him and when I play against him he never seems like a remarkable champ.

Newt

Been watching a lot of high level streams lately, can anyone explain to me why kassadin gets banned nearly every game? Never played as him and when I play against him he never seems like a remarkable champ.
He's extremely easy to do well with. His kit is very safe, and it's not taxing at all to play him. There's almost zero counter-play to him after lvl 6, and in mid you hit lvl 6 fast.

brian!

im kinda like luke skywalker where i dont use the number machine and jus trust my gut, except i miss the shot and yell fuck really loudly into the mic and darth vader disowns me

wait no i dont use smartcast tho

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sure

He's utter shit right now. His W just doesn't last long enough anymore.

his not utter shit but he's shit in lane.

he can't deal with anyone right now, which makes him pretty easy to feed with

Sounds about right. Just finished a game where he fed Kat.

On that note, how do I help a lane that's feeding as jungler? I was able to contain Kat fairly well later on (started 7-0 but ended something like 9-6), but I couldn't do a thing early on.

Achtius

On that note, how do I help a lane that's feeding as jungler? I was able to contain Kat fairly well later on (started 7-0 but ended something like 9-6), but I couldn't do a thing early on.

TF can be really good if you are in sync with the jungler. The two man ganks can feed you a lot of kills early on.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TF can be really good if you are in sync with the jungler. The two man ganks can feed you a lot of kills early on.

He's just too unforgiving now with the changes to his pick-a-card.

zkylon

zkylewd

I don't play jungle but from a laner's perspective, if I know I'm losing (not 0-7 but like 0-2 maybe or bad matchup?) I like if the jungler comes and just helps me shove the wave and frees me up to do wraith camps or we can go two man gank another lane.

in general the pressure from the jungler showing up and forcing the other laner to play passive while allowing me to get exp even if I share it helps a lot

problem with this usually is that people don't like junglers pushing their waves but people's dumb

Type2

I'm gonna try and make nocturne support work. Can it be done?
Should I just play morg?

Also tf is a junglers best friend if played right. Both in counter jungling and skirmishes and with the gank assists.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He's just too unforgiving now with the changes to his pick-a-card.
It's not necessarily that it's unforgiving, but the whole act is extremely telegraphed when you can't hold the cards and have to use them right away. He also kind of just loses all trades and doesn't have any short distance mobility.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't play jungle but from a laner's perspective, if I know I'm losing (not 0-7 but like 0-2 maybe or bad matchup?) I like if the jungler comes and just helps me shove the wave and frees me up to do wraith camps or we can go two man gank another lane.

in general the pressure from the jungler showing up and forcing the other laner to play passive while allowing me to get exp even if I share it helps a lot

problem with this usually is that people don't like junglers pushing their waves but people's dumb

I'll definitely try that.

Playing mid right now as Swain, steamrolling a Kha'zix but our ADC is afk ;__;

brian!

for feeding lanes
tell them to play safe, try to show up if you anticipate a dive or their jungler (if it makes sense for you to be there), try to show up so their opponents dont just dance on them,
but there are more things on the map besides hopeless lanes who probably dunno where the wards are and you'd probably be more productive doing those things. if you can help a lane that's feeding and also take an objective that's the bomba

Blizzard

Banned
A feeding mid lane is rough. If there's a feeding top or even bottom lane, I think it's sometimes best as a jungler to almost completely ignore them after a certain point, and just focus on getting your own level as high as possible, and/or helping the other lanes a lot. Plus, if someone is dying a lot they do become worth a bit less gold.

Fracas

#fuckonami
omg we won that game. Our adc came back after their Kha'zix ragequit and left. We had a Riven that played great and I was tanky. Splitpushed in the last few minutes. Swain is so awesome

He loses his identity though. It's one issue I have with League lately.I mean, what's the first thing that pops to mind when someone says Spirit Visage? "Best MR item", not "better heals". Renekton has always been about early game, because he falls off late game. As much as I don't like resourceless champs, his early game gets gutted. Damage-wise late game he falls off even harder, since he trades the massive shred for slows. I haven't computed the difference the altered ratios do though.

drawkcaB

It's justified imo. It's too much for such a perfect equipped top laner.

Yep.

Wolf Akela said:
He loses his identity though. It's one issue I have with League lately.I mean, what's the first thing that pops to mind when someone says Spirit Visage? "Best MR item", not "better heals".

There shouldn't be a best "X" item. Every item should have trade-offs when being selected against the other items within their category. Spirit Visage was - and still is after the nerfs - dominating MR itemization.

Renekton has always been about early game, because he falls off late game. As much as I don't like resourceless champs, his early game gets gutted. Damage-wise late game he falls off even harder, since he trades the massive shred for slows. I haven't computed the difference the altered ratios do though.

No champion should be able to execute a brain dead combo like Renekton and almost always come out on top. Hitting the Q sustain was the nicest thing Riot could do to correct that issue.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey guys, just a reminder that the numbers on PBE are not final. Sometimes weird stuff will go out but that's why it's the beta environment. This was a snapshot of an earlier iteration and you will see more changes soon. All of this feedback and conversation is great though and I really appreciate hearing your perspectives.
All of these things can (and are being) tuned. Renekton will get a stronger late game to compensate for losing some of his early game sustain.
Yes. the Ratio on Q is just flat out wrong. Really really really wrong. Please remember that PBE is a beta environment and some weird stuff comes and goes on there all the time.
no need to be too alarmed for renek fans I guess

I say "too" alarmed because you know, ahri "rework"

A feeding mid lane is rough. If there's a feeding top or even bottom lane, I think it's sometimes best as a jungler to almost completely ignore them after a certain point, and just focus on getting your own level as high as possible, and/or helping the other lanes a lot. Plus, if someone is dying a lot they do become worth a bit less gold.
for me the worst lane to lose is bot. while you can blow up their adc if you're doing alright, losing bot lane means the other team gets a turret, dragon and now there are two douchebags running around stealing my blue buff and overall ruining my day. and you can't really do all that much because the roaming support warded the whole fucking map so you can't even leave lane without getting counterganked

Blizzard

Banned
Eww, I just laned with Katarina against what felt like quite a good micro Cassiopeia. I had never really noticed Cassiopeia doing such high early game damage before, and I probably misplayed it by trying to be tanky, passive, and avoid the damage/run away. Even when I would start fights up by hundreds of HP and with more magic resist, she would typically win. It feels really difficult for me to E with Kat in time to avoid the quick poison splash.

Fortunately the player's name was literally YOLO420SWAGYOLO and they had apparently been bragging all game and/or insulting their teammates, and since my jungler and top laner kept ganking mid I ended up managing to mostly avoid dying until we could do quick gank combos to kill them (even though they warded off and on). Eventually the player basically raged and was like "EVERYONE GET OUT OF MY LANE" and "SCREW THIS I'M GONNA SMOKE UP" or whatever.

So overall, better map presence with ganks and probably a better player, but my team worked better overall so we won. :)

Yep.

There shouldn't be a best "X" item. Every item should have trade-offs when being selected against the other items within their category. Spirit Visage was - and still is after the nerfs - dominating MR itemization.

No champion should be able to execute a brain dead combo like Renekton and almost always come out on top. Hitting the Q sustain was the nicest thing Riot could do to correct that issue.

I think I didn't make my point clear enough. Renekton loses his identity of "manaless bruiser who can stop people with better late game from outscaling him". We'll jsut end up with groups of champions that play very similarly, where only the best one gets played. People will just pick other champs that function similarly except better. Ahri and Kassadin were choices for mobile ranged AP assassins. One gets nerfed, other is getting nerfed/reworked, people move on to the next functional AP assassin (Leb). It's rather obvious that Leb will get nerfed.

I think every champion has to have a unique identity of their own that can be written in 1-2 sentences. The direction we're having is that champions start sharing the same identities. Why is it good for all champs to have flat power output across levels? What if every hyper carry gets reworked so they don't have a weak early game or dominating late game? It just makes the champion pool very boring, devolving to 1-3 picks for the same function like what's happening right now.

what changes were those? TF is still my favorite mid champ. Hi Q poke is good, he can stun, has mana sustain and his ult can win games.
Reduced the time he can hold a card from 10 seconds to... 4? It also made it difficult to utilize his ult because you have to quickly gate after picking a gold card otherwise it'll fizzle out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom