• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. We got the S4 patch in time for the biggest local ISP (~70%) to go bonkers on the game. Most players can connect. You'll never play a single game where at least 2 players aren't connected. Ranked queues disabled.

Next game, have someone that doesn't want to support go leona then proceed to just run straight into their bot lane. I can't save people like that. GG at 30 minutes.

Banzai

I'm 2/4 in my placements. 2 losses because of afks :(. I've never played ranked before this but for some reason I assumed things like this didn't happen there. Silly naive me.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm 2/4 in my placements. 2 losses because of afks :(. I've never played ranked before this but for some reason I assumed things like this didn't happen there. Silly naive me.
apparently some people are just tanking games to fuck people over

I've been lucky so far I guess

but yea ranked isn't too safe from all that shit, but I've found that the average level of mids there is better than normals which is one of the main reasons I like playing it

AdventChild

Neo Member
Said it, dont play ranked now.

I have to say that i played one, with Pantheon Jungle. Steal their red and gank mid at level 2, so facking efective. Snowballed mid as fuck. Easy win.

Now ill wait 2 or 3 weeks, or more, who knows.

Hecarim is back, praise to the spirit stone!

did you try poopy

her Q's hp% is nice

Lv1 Q against golem with spirit stone = (20 + 80 + 120)*1.2 = 240 damage
200 * 0.8 = 19 health and mana

her Qs only cost 36 mana now

Thoughts on Kog Maw?

Decent pickup?

I like him. He's fine as long as there aren't super agile assassins (Leb, Ahri, Talon, Eve). I really hate Jaxes with him. I go with either builds:

AD Kog: BoRK -> TF (ditch TF if you can't hit ults reliably while AAing)
AP Kog (ult): Tear -> Liandry -> Void Staff
AP Kog (AA): Lich, Nashor -> Void

I'm not super fond of the change to his Q. It's difficult to land in lane. I wish they made it so it's still targeted, but have its range also increased by W.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thoughts on Kog Maw?

Decent pickup?
I really like him, but I don't think he's in too great a spot right now, what with all them vis and shyvannas and elises jumping around

I know some people played him ap mid in nacl so you might want to try that, but I like him more ad since he gets pretty insane late game

Said it, dont play ranked now..
yeah I'd say the same thing but you know if you get fucked in placements you really shouldn't have much problem climbing back up

he has a unique play style and can get real strong, but he doesn't have a trick that can turn a fight for him if things go wrong. passive kind of sucks too.

*takes notes*

hmmmm. was thinking of picking him up now since Skarner is free this week. By the time Skarner is out of the free rotation, I should have enough IP to pick him up too. But Kog never interested me. Probably because he's fugly.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Thoughts on Kog Maw?

Decent pickup?

No real escape and super team reliant on keeping him alive.
He eats tanks alive with his bio-arcane barrage though. I wouldn't take him to ranked unless you're duoing with a solid support but normals should be fine.

zkylon

zkylewd
*takes notes*

hmmmm. was thinking of picking him up now since Skarner is free this week. By the time Skarner is out of the free rotation, I should have enough IP to pick him up too. But Kog never interested me. Probably because he's fugly.

did you see his mouth dick animation

it's all kinds of gross

it's great

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
kog base skin would be okay but the color on it is so bad. like it looks like a placeholder.

Type2

Thoughts on Kog Maw?

Decent pickup?
Wait for his Q change to go through and see if you like him. I like his artillery playstyle.

did you try poopy

her Q's hp% is nice

Lv1 Q against golem with spirit stone = (20 + 80 + 120)*1.2 = 240 damage
200 * 0.8 = 19 health and mana

her Qs only cost 36 mana now

Yeah I have. Still playing around with the right rune setup to make her first clear better.

Brand,Darius,lissandra,malzahar, maokai,wukong, pantheon, volibear and xin feel a better in the jungle with these changes.
I wanna give sion a try one of these days.

Probably because he's fugly.
what

your opinion is wrong ;_;

Brand,Darius,lissandra,malzahar, maokai,wukong, pantheon, volibear and xin feel a better in the jungle with these changes.
I wanna give sion a try one of these days.
I tried Brand but I'm probably missing something. He felt pretty squishy on the first clears, even if I made sure his passive was always ticking with QW->E combo. I felt mana starved too. Maybe I maxed the wrong skills / wrong rune setup? I went RWQE. I don't know what to put on reds so I went with ASPD just to help with the clears.

Fuzzery

Kog is very hard to play well too, you can't afford to make any mistakes at all.

You rely on a good support to allow you to farm, if you're up against a leona/annie and they just decide to all in you, you probably die if u get hit

Ranked is such a mess right now. Getting matched with people with such lopsided skill levels it ain't even funny.

I guess I'll just wait a month or so before stuff settles down.

Mannnn, I'm afraid of what they might do to him after the Karma rework. I play him all the time and although I'm not good at this game, he's one of the few champions that I can enjoy even the most awful games with. Eliminating hidden power like his extra gold from Parrrley and Grog-Soaked Blade's slow/damage is fair enough, but I feel like he's not even THAT easy to do well with now, and they're going to make it harder. :/ They're already going to wreck his wave clear by nerfing Statikk Shiv, if recent posts are to be believed. I wonder if they'll try to eliminate crits from his kit - that would be pretty sickening after releasing Yasuo who gets 100% extra free crit.
The Karma rework turned out to be fantastic one patch after her release. It's hilarious that there is still a large amount of players who are under the impression that she needs even more buffs that improve her numbers. You've kind of read it all when there are some who earnestly believe that Karma's Mantra'd E is underwhelming, even though it's a Shurelya's + Locket x 1,5 that scales with AP and also deals damage. Bad skill.

That said, not expecting much from Gangplank's rework even though he used to be one of my favorites. If it's a succesful design, he'll be strong but deemed overpowered thanks to the knee-jerk community, which'll result into him being nerfed into redundancy again like Xin Zhao or Gangplank's current iteration.

Well, Yasuo finally hit a positive winrate in solo q.
Several legitimately good champions have less than 50% win rate. Also doesn't help that lolking's stat tracking is (or has been, not sure how they are now with the released API tools) inaccurate according to Riot.

I ain't playing no tutorial that's for sure
DOTA 2's tutorials are supposed to be good and thorough last I heard, so if you'd rather just read walls of text...

Leezard

DOTA 2's tutorials are supposed to be good and thorough last I heard, so if you'd rather just read walls of text...

Dota 2's tutorial was really terrible from what I played. It was just so boring and made even worse by there not being a simple "skip the tutorial" option. Now, it is skippable by messing with some files, but those first few levels were just bad.

Dota 2's tutorial was really terrible from what I played. It was just so boring and made even worse by there not being a simple "skip the tutorial" option. Now, it is skippable by messing with some files, but those first few levels were just bad.
Oh, okay. Haven't checked them out myself, only recalled some acquaintances being content with them (after chiming in that they supposedly covered essential basics + some personalized 'quests') for what little that's worth.

The Karma rework turned out to be fantastic one patch after her release. It's hilarious that there is still a large amount of players who are under the impression that she needs even more buffs that improve her numbers. You've kind of read it all when there are some who earnestly believe that Karma's Mantra's E is underwhelming, even though it's a Shurelya's + Locket x 1,5 that scales with AP and also deals damage. Bad skill.

It's not that I think she's bad, just that I don't like playing her any more. I have been hardcore beasted by Karmas before. God she hurts. But I don't find her fun. It's cool that she's a fair bit more popular after the rework, but I enjoyed the old Karma a lot more. I don't play the OP/FOTM champions, I play the ones I like. (Gangplank a pretty obvious example.)

That said, not expecting much from Gangplank's rework even though he used to be one of my favorites. If it's a succesful design, he'll be strong but deemed overpowered thanks to the knee-jerk community, which'll result into him being nerfed into redundancy again like Xin Zhao or Gangplank's current iteration.

I'm still gonna play him either way, but I hope it's not just for nostalgia. :/

garath

playing jungle panth right now

holy shit he's fun

fotm after kha callin it nao

I played jungle Pantheon last night. He will definitely be FOTM.

I had a blast. Very fun. His ult is hilarious. So slow but it's so ominous to see this giant circle with a flying spartan descending on the enemy lol.

Even though my bot lane got stomped and fed the heck out of Vayne, I kept mid and top going, I was 4-0 myself early and just kept rolling. Sticking with the new jungle efficiency role I was 6 items and highest level by 30 min. The tank Rengar didn't understand how I kept killing him lol.

I used my Kha'zix build. I went Elder lizard into Hydra then brutalizer since I was rolling and then built tanky (randuins, spirit visage). Then since the game was going into minute 40 I sold the lizard and got warmogs.. because yolo.

Rethinking the Hydra maybe. I didn't have many mana problems, Elder Lizard plus his E meant I could clear camps pretty quickly even without hydra. I did like the extra burst from Hydra though. Jump in with a stun, Q->Hydra->E then Q again as they ran. It was very effective. However, I'm thinking a BT would have been better for the raw AD. That Q ratio is insane.

edit: I always forget about upgrading my trinket too lol.

edit2: How bad am I.. I didn't even note the new spirit stone. I guess that's why I didn't have many mana problems with Panth. It's the only jungle game I've played since the patch.

Nev

Banned
It's not that I think she's bad, just that I don't like playing her any more. I have been hardcore beasted by Karmas before. God she hurts. But I don't find her fun. It's cool that she's a fair bit more popular after the rework, but I enjoyed the old Karma a lot more. I don't play the OP/FOTM champions, I play the ones I like. (Gangplank a pretty obvious example.)

Nah she was doomed. With the new support changes she would've been acceptable, but with the previous support system she was just worthless because she had no cc, which was the must have for any support considering they wouldn't be getting any real item which could make their abilities scale.

Nah she was doomed. With the new support changes she would've been acceptable, but with the previous support system she was just worthless because she had no cc, which was the must have for any support considering they wouldn't be getting any real item which could make their abilities scale.

Whether the new Karma is objectively more viable or not, and I agree she is, I enjoyed playing the old Karma more. That's all I mean. I don't want viable-but-unfun doucheplank.

Edwardo

I like playing Karma support a lot now. It's pretty easily to build utility items on her to just skirt around the battle saving your allies. I see people building her as an ap support a lot of the time though. A Mantra Q does a nice chunk. How do people build for that? Just like her mid build or what?

I haven't seen enough high level Fiora selections in 5v5 to have an opinion. Strong laner and 1v1, but I'd like to see how she integrates into a full 5v5.

edit: and no sooner do I say it than I find a Fiora match in the Watch Live rotator.

edit: the FUCK is this? jungle Fiora? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

drawkcaB

Oh, okay. Haven't checked them out myself, only recalled some acquaintances being content with them (after chiming in that they supposedly covered essential basics + some personalized 'quests') for what little that's worth.

It's bad in the sense that it doesn't really teach you how to play DotA, more like how to control you champion in DotA. The first few tutorial "levels" even give a false impression that the game might be some sort of RTS or even an action RPG. It's very good in the sense that it's well put together and more entertaining to go through than LoL's tutorial.

I mean...it's a MOBA. I'm not sure how you make a proper tutorial for game type that takes upwards of 100 hours to really understand.

zkylon

zkylewd
fiora's really hard to deal with if she's fed. I mean you can three man gank her and she'll take someone out with her ult unless you chain your cc perfectly. I really like that about her

I tried it for a little bit

it started with an unskippable (really valve? you can't even pause it) 10 minute video about how you have to push lanes to get to the ancient!

I should get a friend to teach me but the only dude I know irl that plays doto is kind of a, uh, taxing person, I guess.

I do learn something new every time I get my ass kicked on this few games I played so I guess I'm slowly getting somewhere

for instance teams like to throw around baron too

It's bad in the sense that it doesn't really teach you how to play DotA, more like how to control you champion in DotA. The first few tutorial "levels" even give a false impression that the game might be some sort of RTS or even an action RPG. It's very good in the sense that it's well put together and more entertaining to go through than LoL's tutorial.

I mean...it's a MOBA. I'm not sure how you make a proper tutorial for game type that takes upwards of 100 hours to really understand.
yea, that's a fairly accurate description of it. It teaches the basics. Drills in the importance of last hitting, how to use your skills, how to use the shop, and how to buy and combine parts of items to make bigger items. Not sure if one can ask it to do a lot more than that.

Most things can't be communicated through a brief tutorial. Now, if they made an 8-hour tutorial, sure. You could drill in the importance of wards, approaches to team composition, map awareness, jungling stuff. But it'll never prepare you for how to deal with the thousands of combinations of team compositions that can happen in any match. Some things only come with time. A lot of time.

zkylon

zkylewd
it'd be really cool, for both doto and lol, to have very brief noob friendly champion descriptions during loading screens or whatnot.

like say for blitzcrank it could say something like: "Tanky robot that can pull enemies to him from afar. Beware of when he runs towards you or when you lose sight of him!".

like make it toggleable so it's not annoying for experienced players. you don't really learn blitz' whole kit or whatever but at least you're not in the complete dark when you play against them for the first few times. like I have no idea how I learned to play lol, I play doto and I keep getting spells cast on me and I have no idea what these buffs do or why the enemies turn invisible or whatever. and the only way to learn is through experience (unless you're in the mood of memorizing 112 champs), but I feel like having something like that might help you notice the right things about champions and learn about them instead of being endlessly frustrated because fuck if I know what just happened :p

Wow, first time playing a hour long game. It was so fucking hard to finish, everybody had 6 items and there were like 5 GAs flying around - plus they had a much better teamfight comp than we did and we were just scared having Ziggs poke around lol

Still, jungle monkey doesn't disappoint. We had to sacrifice 2 towers to get Cait's GA down but then it was pretty easy.

it'd be really cool, for both doto and lol, to have very brief noob friendly champion descriptions during loading screens or whatnot.

like say for blitzcrank it could say something like: "Tanky robot that can pull enemies to him from afar. Beware of when he runs towards you or when you lose sight of him!".

like make it toggleable so it's not annoying for experienced players. you don't really learn blitz' whole kit or whatever but at least you're not in the complete dark when you play against them for the first few times. like I have no idea how I learned to play lol, I play doto and I keep getting spells cast on me and I have no idea what these buffs do or why the enemies turn invisible or whatever. and the only way to learn is through experience (unless you're in the mood of memorizing 112 champs), but I feel like having something like that might help you notice the right things about champions and learn about them instead of being endlessly frustrated because fuck if I know what just happened :p

I like this idea, but another cool thing in DotA is the way you can click on enemy champions (or friendly ones) and see their abilities just like you can see your own. Fair enough, it'll still take ages to learn how they all work, but that's something, especially in a game where you can't simply try out the new champion you just saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom