• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Is it OK to focus on just one character if playing LoL, sorta like fighting games?

I am of the thought you should have a small, but flexible, pool of champs to choose from. My reasoning is that last season I tried to play everything under the sun, and my personal skill and ranking suffered for it.

This season, I've intentionally shrunk my pool and have found far more success. You don't even have to make your pool the in-meta champs. Yes, having that is nice, but you gotta know your limitations. If you can't play mid assassins, but do pretty well on mages like Lux, that's often worth more than someone spammed the op champ because they saw it on a pro player's stream.

drawkcaB

what happened to him anyways, i forgot

Just going by memory, passive's attack speed was reduced and the damage on his skills shot slow was reduced (his E? I forget, I played him twice). He's still good out of the jungle. In the top lane I never really saw the big deal. It was largely Darien being Darien that made that popular.

KiwiLannister said:
I wish more supports started dorans shield though, it seriously changes the game in the early levels.

Only if they take advantage of it. If the supports you're getting are as bad as you say they are, they'll just stand back which will put your lane at a greater disadvantage because the opposing support will already have their gold item and have easier access to wards and high tier items. Besides, now that it's going to get heavily nerfed in the next patch may as well get used to not picking it up on supports.

DeadNames said:
Also Riot nerfed aatrox in the wrong places. His base stats are already piss poor, and his revive was the problematic thing.

Nah. The only thing Aatrox has going for him that separates him from other champions is his revive passive, how it interacts with his blood well. Blood Thirst/Price mechanic isn't interesting enough to define a character.

Delodax said:
In what ways would you say she counters him?

Going by what I've seen in videos and high level player comments, what you want to do with Aatrox is "Blood Price" auto-attack and Blades or Torment a ton to keep up your blood well. This ends up pushing the lane, which with good warding is acceptable for Aatrox. Once the blood well is full (or nearly), you swap Thrist/Price to engage in trades and then heal-up the damage after disengage - rinse & repeat.

Shyvana however presents several issues to Aatrox. First, she can push the wave harder than Aatrox. This pushes Aatrox to his tower which forces Aatrox to conserve his auto-attacks to get last hits from his tower. This hits him in two spots directly: he can't spam AAs to heal up and he can't spam AAs to fill his blood well and so doesn't get the attack speed passive boosts he needs to trade well. Without the AA healing, the 5% current health cost on E can take its toll on him as well. Second, Shyvana has the option of picking up Tabis and a chain vest for defense. All this put together greatly handicaps Aatrox in trades.

Edwardo

Hmm, I got 3/5 icons from lunar revel even tho I did the requirements for all of them. I'll probably wait for a couple days then contact support if nothing happens.

Tizoc

Thanks everyone.
Gonna play 1 match as Nunu then switch to Mater Yi and try him out. Yi is very popular as I've seen him in 90% of the games I've playd.
For that matter, is Yi mid or bottom? Cuz I want to mix up jungling there too.

Newt

Thanks everyone.
Gonna play 1 match as Nunu then switch to Mater Yi and try him out. Yi is very popular as I've seen him in 90% of the games I've playd.
Yi is only really strong against less skilled players. I would try him out, but I wouldn't stick to him. He's really just the "training wheels" of this game. He can jungle though.

DeadNames

Banned
That's a main problem of aatrox vs shyvana. You try to kite her with blades, but burnout is so powerful and the cd is so low that she assumes control of the lane.

Blizzard

Banned
Low assist numbers, hardly ever going positive. Yup, that's a teemo.

I almost want to buy him for the "captain teemo on duty!"
I had a space Teemo skin on my team once and I guess I never realized that the "on duty" voice line for that skin plays in this hilarious electronic speaker effect. It's kind of like commando Gangplank's ult with his laughter playing over a loudspeaker.

Thanks everyone.
He's not much of a laner right now, but if you had to I'd take him mid instead of jungling.

Edwardo

t1392314400z1.png

SK Gaming vs Fnatic
Copenhagen Wolves vs Supa Hot Crew
Roccat vs Alliance
Gambit Gaming vs Millenium

Following the LCS matches, Tick Trick and Duck will face off against Meet Your Makers in a Best of 3. The winner takes the 3rd place and earns a slot in EU Challenger Series Spring 2.

It's not Roccat science

Millenium are nomads no more

The Breakdown - Supa Hot Crew vs Gambit Gaming

EU LCS Week 5 Preview

Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

How did he do?

He was actually putting in work in team fights (he went Ravenous Hydra -> Spirit Visage and was able to zone out Leblanc effectively due to his passive, though to be fair it was a thoroughly unfed Leblanc), but he couldn't really control Shyvana and stop her from becoming, well, Shyvana.

They secured some early dragons thanks to him catching out Leblanc/Lucian and rolling it into decent fights, but once Shyvana started to take off and Aatrox started to crash, things got out of hand pretty quickly.

Tizoc

Question for anyone who uses fraps...i tried to record one of my games which ended up being recorded as 30 seconds but going at 2 GB (!!!!).
I'd like to record one of my games, but the way fraps does it is a little irritating what with the size and all.
What's a good alternative.

Ocho

Question for anyone who uses fraps...i tried to record one of my games which ended up being recorded as 30 seconds but going at 2 GB (!!!!).
I'd like to record one of my games, but the way fraps does it is a little irritating what with the size and all.

Are you on Nvidia and using a 6XX gen card? Shadow Play is fantastic.

Stream it on Twitch and save the recording?

Screen cap software + Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder or similar application and save locally?

Perhaps OBS has some sort of local recording feature?

Streaming on Twitch or Ustream or some such and letting them deal with the storage of the recorded media might be the best immediate solution if HDD space is a primary concern.

So here's another reason why Aatrox is Corki levels of bad design:

1920005_268250920005708_1293103775_n.jpg

Time machine is needed to revert their decision of putting this guy into the game, and have him be the very first champion in alphabetical order too.

FRAPS has always been a piece of shit. Ignore for all eternity no matter what anyone tells you. "But you can record in uncompressed image quality!" (which is why your 30-second file is so big) isn't some far-out luxury feature either.

Switch over to OBS (it has local recording), Dxtory or nVidia's Shadowplay if you have a GPU with the Kepler chipset.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's okay. It's what makes people unique :D.
I don't think this is a fair image of me but w/e

I use fraps and then compress it with movie maker. it's not too bad but it really tanks your fps

doesn't xfire record video too?

I'd love an alternative too

just no streaming crap

Talents

Banned
Is EUW acting up for anyone? Me and a few mates are trying to play ARAMs and it keeps disconnecting us and not letting us reconnect once we get to the character loading screen.

Edit: Now it's not even putting us in the same lobby when we invite each other. Just says we are searching on our own.

Nev

Banned
Is EUW acting up for anyone? Me and a few mates are trying to play ARAMs and it keeps disconnecting us and not letting us reconnect once we get to the character loading screen.
Just uninstall until they get proper servers and fix this unacceptable bullshit (probably never, considering it's been months now without them giving a shit while filling their pockets with our money, years if you count lesser problems and not only "say goodbye to the match, fuck you"). Save yourself plenty of moments of anger and impotence.

So here's another reason why Aatrox is Corki levels of bad design

If Corki and Aatrox are bad design then there's no qualifier for Yi, Veigar, Zilean and some others.

DeadNames

Banned
Man, shyvana is just insane. This GP walked into lane and I'm like, I've had enough of him.

Ult + w + e + q = dead gp. Under his own tower. I had sunfire and spirit visage.

Nekofrog

Banned
Just added up all my skins.

I have 88 champions, 78 skins.

The total cost for all my skins: 78120 RP

The breakdown is as follows:

RP COST # OF SKINS TOTAL
1820 (9) 16380
1350 (1) 1350
975 (54) 52650
750 (2) 1500
520 (12) 6240

Now, quite a few of these are mystery gifts so the cost out of my pocket is not NEARLY as high as the RP indicates, but I also bought champs with RP so I have spent quite a bit more than the average player.

D:

edit: GAF FUCKS FORMATTING AND MAKES ME LOOK STUPID oh and this total isn't counting assassin master yi because i cant find its price

So I dunno if anyone here can help with this but I'm trying to play at the same time as my little bro and we share the same connection. For the past few weeks we get huge lag spikes when we try to play at the same time, not sure if it's my ISP because it only recently began happening. Don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to network issues so I'm sort of clueless as to what's up.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info guys.

Also either my Garen is deluding me into thinking I'm OP, majority of the matches I won in the past 2 days are won by the opposing team surrendering @_@

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Just added up all my skins.

I have 88 champions, 78 skins.

The total cost for all my skins: 78120 RP

The breakdown is as follows:

RP COST # OF SKINS TOTAL
1820 (9) 16380
1350 (1) 1350
975 (54) 52650
750 (2) 1500
520 (12) 6240

Now, quite a few of these are mystery gifts so the cost out of my pocket is not NEARLY as high as the RP indicates, but I also bought champs with RP so I have spent quite a bit more than the average player.

D:

edit: GAF FUCKS FORMATTING AND MAKES ME LOOK STUPID oh and this total isn't counting assassin master yi because i cant find its price
i apparently have 59 skins, you win this round neko.
not gonna add up the price because it'd be depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom