• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take you're NA?

I've been playing this game since early 2010 (EU, then EUW) and I've NEVER experienced such bullshit. We're talking about disconnecting you from a ranked game and being unable to reconnect or reconnect with constant micro-dcs/lag-spikes. There have been times where you couldn't get past the login, you had to reinstall just because, servers were down for a long time, but this? This is the absolute worst and it's a shame they're so careless about it with the offensive amount of money they make.
I've been on EU(W) since around late 2009 or early 2010 and back then it was far worse than how it is now. Guaranteed. Flakey lobbies with various functionality dropping on a whim (friends list, invite system, PLAY button not working altogether, etc.) even in the middle of a school / work day + log-in queue's that lasted several hours straight (over 3 at its worst) + maintenance procedures that could last a day or two uninterrupted + lag that was even more severe than how it's been lately. This was after Riot took matters into their own hands after the infamous Garena days.

So factually speaking, this has not been the worst. Not that your frustrations aren't understandable in this case nor is "hey at least it isn't equally as bad!" something worth commending, but their explosive growth is too much for multiple parties to handle even with the counter-measures they've iterated upon over the years.

I never said it was as bad as the first year, I said they've never fixed the issues overall. I have never in my life seen another game make good money and have these kinds of issues for years.
After the server split League was running quite smoothly for consecutive months in every territory and NA rarely got the brunt of it all, but they kept on growing in a short amount of time. I haven't played League due to all the connectivity issues either for as much as I'd like to play it more, but for an fledgeling company they've been doing okay. Compare that to Shitch.tv: 6+ years of experience and they've done jack shit to improve their stability. Lying about "new and improved EU servers," "a superior video codec / player" and outright removing features doesn't count, whereas Riot has made noticeable improvements (while being more open about it) with less time.

Yorick isn't good anymore. Elise doesn't work top anymore but is still one of the best junglers.
Yorick and Elise are still good in top lane, it's just that a lot of players build them ineffectively (especially the former). Yorick with the right build and the right skill priority is quite solid even vs Shyvanna and Mundo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do you not buy 5 mana pots + 5 hp pots at the start of the game? And buy a first trip tear?

That should solve your sustain problem.
you would be so far behind on effective stats if you followed a build like that. you'd get dumped on.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Do you not buy 5 mana pots + 5 hp pots at the start of the game? And buy a first trip tear?

That should solve your sustain problem.
dont do that.

just start shield or cloth and pick up glacial shroud. yoricks mana woes are overstated anyway.

Nekofrog

Banned
At the start of the preseason I used Yorick support to a decent degree of success, but stopped because it was super cheesy. Pushing the enemy to tower constantly, limiting the enemy ADC's CS to low-worth ghouls...

Trundle is solid? Felt like he had alot of trouble keeping up with players when chasing and the meta wasn't really tanky when I played him so his ult wasn't that great. Really like his skills and visuals though
Trundle's been solid since his release, but his peaks (which were slept on) were during late Season 2 and around the time in Season 3 where poke champs and bruiser junglers like Volibear - Xin - Jarvan - Vi were the norm. Primarily as a jungler around that period though, since back then he had a hard time in top lane. Still good to great in the Season 4 jungle, but the item / mastery changes made top lane more forgiving for him too.

i really don't see the easy laning. so many people will just dump on him top. his mana costs are super high and his actual kill potential is pretty much nil unless someone is just dumb enough to stand around and let you kill them. particularly in the era of doran's shield it's easy to just outsustain him. another big problem: his ultimate is situational and defensive, making his 1v1 extremely weak once level six hits. it's another thing where people can just walk away from yorick if they really need to.
Most still max E > W in that order pretending his mana costs didn't skyrocket compared to his original state, and a lot still ignore his Q despite all the stats it offers. Him being supposedly dumpstered by a lot of top champions (which isn't really the case) is moreso the fault of Tear of the Goddess purchases and players having the misconception of needing to spam his ghouls, which inadvertedly leads to lane pushing and exposing themselves to ganks. You also don't really need to put a point into your ult until around lvl 11 - 12, or whenever it seems like you need to start grouping up with the rest of your team.

His early laning phase is still pretty good, his mid game can be a bit lackluster since there's many items to choose from for him but his late game is strong with the right items.

Type2

At the start of the preseason I used Yorick support to a decent degree of success, but stopped because it was super cheesy. Pushing the enemy to tower constantly, limiting the enemy ADC's CS to low-worth ghouls...
I just played against a zilean support and everytime he bombed me I would walk into the creep wave to deny their adc cs. I haventwd played against a successful yorick support but yeah it's cheese.

Im going to be spamming Janna games because I miss playing her and she is still really strong.

For the ori support people out there what runes do you run? I know her autos are devestating.

Ive always been interested in giving yorick a try. Whats a general build idea?
Tell Tear it can go to hell, buy different mana items instead. I don't have a set buy order though due to many if-variables; I regularly switch it up since it depends on the enemy champions, how the match is going and what role I need Yorick to fill. Items to take into consideration:

• Glacial Shroud for the eventual Frozen Heart or Iceborn Gauntlet
  • Phage + Sheen (the latter moreso if you're doing well) for the eventual Trinity Force
  • Spirit Visage is a no-brainer, even with 10% CDR less
  • Warmogs can still be okay on him, otherwise Randuin's or maybe Frozen Mallet for your health needs
  • Ninja Tabi or Mercury Treads
  • Hexdrinker can be good in the right situations
  • Same for Chalice, but even more situational and you're going to sell it off eventually
  • Thornmail's another (very) situational pick if you're in need of more armor, fuck Sunfire Cape
In some lane match-ups it's very much worth it to max Q first (read up on the stats) in favor of more points in E. Don't bother with more than 1 point in W (if any at all) if the opposing laner has easy mobility like Riven, even with Yorick's passive making him more durable and increasing his damage per active ghoul. It's rarely worth the mana or less damage for E / Q if they can simply ignore your W. You can forego speccing your ult for a while, since it doesn't really benefit your lane presence nowadays. Don't spam your ghouls whenever they're off cooldown; focus on trading or zoning someone out. I prefer more points in the Offense mastery tree usually, but 21 Defense or whatever wouldn't be bad if you're not comfortable with the Offense route.

Edwardo

Tell Tear it can go to hell, buy different mana items instead. I don't have a set buy order though due to many if-variables; I regularly switch it up since it depends on the enemy champions, how the match is going and what role I need Yorick to fill. Items to take into consideration:

• Phage + Sheen (the latter moreso if you're doing well) for the eventual Trinity Force
  • Warmogs can still be okay on him, otherwise Randuin's or maybe Frozen Mallet for your health needs
  • Same for Chalice, but even more situational and you're going to sell it off eventually
  • Thornmail's another (very) situational pick if you're in need of more armor, fuck Sunfire Cape
In some lane match-ups it's very much worth it to max Q first (read up on the stats) in favor of more points in E. Don't bother with more than 1 point in W (if any at all) if the opposing laner has easy mobility like Riven, even with Yorick's passive making him more durable and increasing his damage per active ghoul. It's rarely worth the mana or less damage for E / Q if they can simply ignore your W. You can forego speccing your ult for a while, since it doesn't really benefit your lane presence nowadays. Don't spam your ghouls whenever they're off cooldown; focus on trading or zoning someone out. I prefer more points in the Offense mastery tree usually, but 21 Defense or whatever wouldn't be bad if you're not comfortable with the Offense route.

Sweet. Thanks man.

Blizzard

Banned

What different mana items would you recommend then? It looks like you only mention chalice (but situational, and not to be kept), sheen (but only really if you're doing well), and glacial shroud.

So, basically just glacial shroud alone, and don't use abilities much so you don't run out of mana? :p

What are your arguments against sunfire cape?

He literally implodes on sight of a skilled support. Also, saw this on reddit and thought it was cool.
VItr9dH.jpg

Fun fact: due to the colors chosen, certain types of color-blindness will cause an individual to see Vi/Jinx as having a romantic relationship.
I approve.

I also like that The Void is the only faction that's all bro'd up. Like, yeah, they're horrible monsters that want to eat your face, but you know what? They all get along really well compared to the rest of these dysfunctional cluster-fucks.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
I also like that The Void is the only faction that's all bro'd up. Like, yeah, they're horrible monsters that want to eat your face, but you know what? They all get along really well compared to the rest of these dysfunctional cluster-fucks.

Void champs should be enclosed by a pink line, not green. I know this because of reasons.

Newt

Played as Sivir vs Draven last night. He shits all over her, never want that matchup again.
Nah, the matchup is definitely playable for Sivir. She can keep the lane centered with proper use of her Q and W. She can also avoid all direct confrontations with Draven.

If you mess up with the spell shield, though, you're dead.

Edwardo

Nah, the matchup is definitely playable for Sivir. She can keep the lane centered with proper use of her Q and W. She can also avoid all direct confrontations with Draven.

If you mess up with the spell shield, though, you're dead.

Will spell shield do anything to a Q auto?

Blizzard

Banned
Will spell shield do anything to a Q auto?
I wish blind at least blocked on-hit effects. Teemo versus Nasus just feels sad when the Q damage still goes through...or maybe it's the sheen damage that still goes through blind? Either way I felt almost sure that something didn't get blocked from an attack.

SeigO

Banned
Has anyone seen Amumu support around much? I can't tell if it's legit or not. I just started doing it for fun on my smurf account and I'm 6-0 in ranked as Amumu so far. It seems pretty strong, but I feel like I might get wrecked if I try it on my main account.

Newt

Has anyone seen Amumu support around much? I can't tell if it's legit or not. I just started doing it for fun on my smurf account and I'm 6-0 in ranked as Amumu so far. It seems pretty strong, but I feel like I might get wrecked if I try it on my main account.
It works, but you're pretty weak early.

He functions as a worse version of Leona for the first half of the game.

drawkcaB

It works, but you're pretty weak early.

He functions as a worse version of Leona for the first half of the game.

Pretty much this. Several other tank champions work similarly - Maokai, Nautilus. It basically comes down to Leona's having better tools to do the job as a support. Zenith Blade is a better gap closer than Anchor or Bandage Toss. Maokai's W->Q is easy to land but he doesn't have a good defensive steroid to let him soak up damage on the engage.

Achtius said:
Just had an amazing Maokai support. He did everything I just takes the kill.

Do you know what he leveled first? Could you go into how he was playing the lane?

Achtius

Pretty much this. Several other tank champions work similarly - Maokai, Nautilus. It basically comes down to Leona's having better tools to do the job as a support. Zenith Blade is a better gap closer than Anchor or Bandage Toss. Maokai's W->Q is easy to land but he doesn't have a good defensive steroid to let him soak up damage on the engage.

Do you know what he leveled first? Could you go into how he was playing the lane?

He kept throwing his offspring. again and again. We push to tower and she can't farm.

The total damage on Sapling Toss for AP Maokai is actually pretty ridiculous. It's something I've done a fair bit in ARAMs for maximum trolling, it's probably more annoying to play against than even the widely-regarded poke/siege champions.

Guesong

It's an uphill battle for sure.

Never give up, never surrender!

EDIT : And I lost. And our Leona was trash. Why did she have to pick support to first build ZEKE'S HERALD. God ******* dammit.

Now I'm depressed.

Of course when I go against Ziggs mid that bastard push me into the tower no problem. So when I play him, of course I'm against a Yasuo who can just clear everything.

Oh well. Back to 90 LP, so another win and I'm back in there.

Nekofrog

Banned
I fucking love Quinn top you guys. Yes, I will bring it up every time I get to shut a stupidass Shyvanna down with her. Who cares that it was a 5v4 in our favor, because even when Vi came to gank with doublebuffs I fucked her shit up and still got away.

Dat feel when you're like 40+cs up on an "OP" champ with an UP champ.

I fucking love Quinn top you guys. Yes, I will bring it up every time I get to shut a stupidass Shyvanna down with her. Who cares that it was a 5v4 in our favor, because even when Vi came to gank with doublebuffs I fucked her shit up and still got away.

I know those feels. :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Quinn top is great. Wish she got more love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom