• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
What different mana items would you recommend then? It looks like you only mention chalice (but situational, and not to be kept), sheen (but only really if you're doing well), and glacial shroud.

So, basically just glacial shroud alone, and don't use abilities much so you don't run out of mana? :p

What are your arguments against sunfire cape?
Glacial Shroud and Sheen usually suffice for me yeah, with a few mana potions for the early levels if need be. Chalice is moreso reserved for the double AP team comps, like the rare Vladimir or Rumble top. I guess it could work against Shyvanna too given her magic damage, but I haven't found it necessary. And about mana: how much Yorick needs is generally overstated. Yeah, with the Tear you could for instance constantly siege towers with your team if your combined champion pool is built around that, but it brings so many negatives to the table. You'd be a squishy melee that already isn't particularly troublesome to gank. During a time where hard-ganking junglers like Vi or Elise are present nearly every match. Against other top laners that are either generally beefy or buy items that actual offensive power on their first few backs. On top of Yorick rarely if ever exceeding past the halfway mark when you look how much he depleted post-teamfight. You can see why Tear into Manamune is a recipe for disaster on him, and I typically don't run OOM come mid to late game with 'just' a Triforce and Frozen Heart if that's the itemization I opted because I don't mindlessly spam about.

Secondly: Sunfire Cape just doesn't give you worthwhile defensive stats after completion, especially not on a champion for whom other statistics are more beneficial. Chain Vest and Giant's Belt are good, but upon upgrade you pay nearly a 1000 gold for an extra +5 armor, +50 health and a passive (now nerfed) that's always been extremely lackluster both against enemy champions and for lane pushing. Use the left-over money (after the core components) for something else; anything really, be it more mana, legitimate damage or additional proper resistance items. Randuin's is more effective for the health + armor combo if defense is your primary concern, and if you're the primary target for auto-attacks than you may as well go for to the Giant's Belt + eventual Thornmail combo should you be a supposed "SUPER TANK." But let's not use that term, it's already bad enough that Riot's LCS casters are desperately trying to have that term catch on within the community. Like marksmen.

Ferga

It is mentally impossible for me to perform well when i alternate games between wukong and xin

At times, I press w as xin zhao and start running away thinking im stealthed when i should be right clicking harder. I press R to try and pop people up but save squishies instead

At other times, I press w as wukong and immediately hit people when im 100hp and break my stealth to instantly die.

I'm just a suicidal maniac to my team mates

Edwardo

Sat in champ select for 5-10 mins after the countdown ended. Now the game is loading...lol...

4 of my team is at 100%. Everyone else is not connected. Weeee

Nvm... 4v5.. this is greeeaaat

Ferga

Sunfire passive use to stack. Eve and shaco would build sunfire capes and let people die to their stealth and clones

And everyone use to buy them. It was teams of who had more sunfire capes for damage

Blizzard

Banned
Gosh, Yasuo really needs to be deleted from this game. Yasuo, teemo and kassadin is the definition of anti fun.
What champion is Yasuo bothering you with? Is it the shield or something else?

I had a really bad time laning against Yasuo with other champions, but I have had a couple of games where I did really well with Katarina against him. I think he only has one knockup, and (possibly because they are terrible) people who use Yasuo tend to use that knockup on you, after which point you can go all in on them unless they have a minion to escape too. If you have enough armor to survive the burst (I've been rushing hourglass) then Yasuo may be squishy in some cases despite his shield.

Ferga

Was it true that Shaco used to be able to clear a camp at the start by just spamming boxes on it while he did another camp?

Get 10ap from runes/masteries, place 4 boxes on the campfire at red, get a leash at blue then go gank whatever you want and get a easy first blood.

It was toxic as hell but god so much fun.

And I miss old taric ult. Playing the unkillable taric was so much fun.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here play LAN? Almost level 30, looking for some friendly folks to finish the grind out for the last few levels before I start ranked (yes I'm smurfing).

Summoner handle is Gringo Bot if anyone is interested.

Type2

Damn diamond won't be playing next week in lcs. I wonder who can sub for him.I wanted to see old skarner work out but I guess they lost.

Tizoc

6 sunfire cape eve. GG

I shoudl totally try a build like that with Garen.

Still trying to learn Darius but my 2 games with him ended badly >_< Won't stop me though, will try another game today if possible.

Also Nami's IMO the hottest heroine in the game.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It is mentally impossible for me to perform well when i alternate games between wukong and xin

At times, I press w as xin zhao and start running away thinking im stealthed when i should be right clicking harder. I press R to try and pop people up but save squishies instead

At other times, I press w as wukong and immediately hit people when im 100hp and break my stealth to instantly die.

I'm just a suicidal maniac to my team mates

The old age and nerve deterioration from lack of sleep finally caught up to you.

Welcome to the club!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
lol is riot for real?

so now spellthief doesn't give you any ap so sona and nami and such have their heals and speed boosts nerfed even harder at level 1 unless you take doran's ring

I guess 10% cdr is ok

I don't get why I can't just have my base numbers back
the added additional passive damage is way better than ap.

lol is riot for real?

so now spellthief doesn't give you any ap so sona and nami and such have their heals and speed boosts nerfed even harder at level 1 unless you take doran's ring

I guess 10% cdr is ok

I don't get why I can't just have my base numbers back
10 AP is completely meaningless on supports. That's 2/3 less HP you'll heal and 1 MS on Nami's passive.

Like dimb said, you'll do more damage using the actual passive and you can use it 3 times in a row.

zkylon

zkylewd
it was even better having all your spells unnerfed!

I mean it's pretty hilarious that riot first wants supports to build some ap so they give them ap ratios. but they're scared they'll be too powerful so they nerf all their ratios and base values. it's not just damage, heals, slows and speed boosts also get nerfed.

not a single support ever builds any ap because it's just a waste of money. the only time you'll actually see more than 0 on a support is if sona has her q aura up or it's thresh.

and now there'll be 0 support starting items that give you ap

so really I wonder what was this whole experiment for?

edit: this is more of a overall "morello make up your mind" thing rather than feeling too sad about 10 ap. like just rework sona and give everyone their numbers back if you hate her so much. the addition of gold and new items is already awesome, but tbh all they did is homogenize all supports, since basically everyone just builds tanky no matter if you're nami or leona. like back in the day at least you wouldn't buy chalice on thresh lol. other than that actually the upgraded spellthief sounds really nice since it's no longer targeted but a fizz ult-like skillshot into aoe spell that feels like it'll be pretty strong. the 10% cdr also makes a lot more sense than the extra 10 ap on the final item for a support.

I really wish I could ask questions like these to rito but I just cannot make an account in na for some reason.

Loving Thresh. My core support roster is now Nami, Sona and Thresh. I don't think I'll add any more to my core list but I can still play others fine (Lulu, Soraka, Zilean).

Carried the crap out of an Ashe who refused to upgrade boots, says she doesn't need it. Carried Ghost + Ignite. Checked her match history. Zero attack speed. Never upgraded boots except for a 6 slot match (3x BTs). I thought I'm already past this. Maybe she's Genja in disguise, I don't know.

edit: lmao she has a 46% crit damage rune page

Easiest time I've ever had laning against a Yasuo. Dumped on him.

bopmFdU.jpg

drawkcaB

the added additional passive damage is way better than ap.

Bingo.

10-20 AP by the time you apply AP ratios isn't really that great. For example, Sona's AA-Q-Power Chord'ed AA combo will deal and additional 30 damage every 30 seconds with new spellthief's edge. With the old (current) spellthief's edge, that same combo deals an extra 7.

Also, current spellthief's edge does not proc the gold gain on spell use, only auto-attacks. New spellthief's edge also accumulates three charges, going by the passive description as opposed to a single use every 10 seconds, making it way better in combos. The new one is better in every way.

I'm pumped, love the changes.

Edwardo

t1392494400z1.png

Counter Logic Gaming vs Cloud9 HyperX
Evil Genuises vs Curse
Team Coast vs XDG
Team SoloMid vs Team Dignitas

Following the LCS matches, Complexity.Red will face off against COGnitive Gaming in a Best of 3. The winner takes the 3rd place and earns a slot in NA Challenger Series Spring 2. NA Challenger Series Finals Preview

Monkey Business - Wukong's Dive Into the LCS

Then and Now - Team Dignitas

The Long Road of Counter Logic Gaming

LoL and the NBA

Early Retirement - 25 is the new 65

NA LCS Week 5 Preview

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

garath

Wow. I bought Lucian and broke from my Ashe marathon when she was picked by the other team and tried him out. Got stomped in lane against Ashe + Annie (with my suicidal Leona). I started 0/4/2. The whole team was getting smoked. Then the teamfights started.. finished 9/4/8 for a win.

What a beast champion. Started BT then into Triforce into Last Whisper. I was chunking people so hard with ability->double auto->ability->double auto. He feels so good. Smooth auto attack, real easy to chain his abilities. That dash is so strong. Added a QSS to my cleanse for ashe, lissandra, shen and annie and I never died again.

I've been on the receiving end of him plenty but didn't realize what a joy to play he was. No wonder I see him or Jinx in every ranked game. They're really on fire with the last two marksmen.

DeadNames

Banned
Back to fucking silver 4 thanks to fucking retarded teammates who fucking feed NASUS AS FUCKING GAREN

in other news my dog was diagnosed with cancer................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom