• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Just played the funniest game.

The enemy lb ganked every single lane and wrecked the game. We were down in towers and dragons. At around 25minutes, the enemy started baron.

Our bot lane decided to just push the inhib at bot so it was only me (xin zhao) and farmed ziggs trying to stop the baron.

ziggs poked them and put up mines and the deplacement bomb at the baron entrance, trapping every single enemy in the baron pit. He ulted and took out half the hp of every single person in the baron pitt (thank god for baron debuff). When the mines wore off, they tried to get out to fight us.

I ulted them back into baron and ziggs put up another mine field at the baron entrance. Baron then killed them all one by one as they struggled to finish it off. I ran in and smite stole it, demoralising them even more.

We 2v5ed them, aced them, stole baron and my bot lane ended the game a few seconds after that.

It was legendary.

Nekofrog

Banned
plat 5 and gold 1. I am getting there. 79 lp

We just had 4 GAF games. All wins. The last one was close though. Got raped early game, but we got better late game.

Well what do you expect is going to happen when you have a Lee Sin and Renekton who lets the game go past 30 minutes versus a Nasus and Vayne who can just farm and get huge, coupled with the AOE wombo combo of Amumu and Zyra and a sneaky Akali?

forgrim

Well what do you expect is going to happen when you have a Lee Sin and Renekton who lets the game go past 30 minutes versus a Nasus and Vayne who can just farm and get huge, coupled with the AOE wombo combo of Amumu and Zyra and a sneaky Akali?

i spectated that last game and uh yeah, you guys had a 7k (?) gold deficit at 15 minutes. i turned it off after that but with nasus free farming and renekton doing nothing to stop it, and newt being lolyolo and getting to late game, i'd expected you guys to win.

Newt

i spectated that last game and uh yeah, you guys had a 7k (?) gold deficit at 15 minutes. i turned it off after that but with nasus free farming and renekton doing nothing to stop it, and newt being lolyolo and getting to late game, i'd expected you guys to win.
7k down at 15 minutes, oh god. That's crazy.

Nekofrog

Banned

We had 3 teamfights in a row that were clean aces. 0-5.

Blizzard

Banned
he uh...yeah. post rework stats:
ypp5x8b.jpg
Please post detailed strategy and build suggestions!

Ferga

A guy first picks heimer.

10minutes in, he is down by 30cs

20minutes in, he is down by 100cs

I even camped his lane and got him a bunch of kills and assists too.

I took the first 4 dragons of the game, went 9/0 during laning, got my vayne fed but the god damn 300cs nid at 25minutes was too much.

Seriously down a 100cs at 20minutes. AS HEIMER. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?

Zukuu

Banned
Man Pantheon jungle is even better than before. Spirit Stone change made him even more viable. <3 Raping left and right with him.

Blizzard

Banned
I can barely remember what winning is like. :/

I feel like there should be some sort of general suggestions that platinum players could give me, to at least get me out of bronze/low silver again. Like, surely there are just a few major things I can improve, unless I'm truly doing everything wrong?

Exclusively solo queue if that makes a difference.

Masters is a different KR league than champions.

Every sunday 2.30pm and Thursday 6.30pm (KR time)

Yeah, I know it's not really serious time or anything, but last year the off-season shenanigans were still airing at more or less the same time as Champions. Now what good excuse am I supposed to have for rampant insomnia?

(And technically even Champions is supposed to have a Twitch rebroadcast schedule for European/North American viewing times that they never seem to actually follow.)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Please post detailed strategy and build suggestions!
I'm not doing anything crazy with him. Q>W>E in most cases. Level 1-3 is pretty hard but he gradually starts to get going further into the game. Swifties are good if you can swing them, otherwise Tabi are still strong. From Ancient Golem you kind of just scope out what you need like any other jungler.

Banshee's Veil is a strong pickup right now that goes well on him, because it can prevent people from stopping you to come in on a grab. Trinity Force is a much better pickup for him now, and becomes pretty core around midgame. Wit's End can be a good grab just because it synergizes well with Triforce and gels with what Skarner wants to be doing now, which is auto-attacking a lot. You have to be more careful about just throwing yourself into the center of the enemy team and there is less value in just diving into the center of them. Outside of Triforce and Wit's I just build situationally tanky. Sunfire isn't as good on him as it used to be. I never like Iceborn on him and honestly I would recommend it even less now. There is probably potential for Spirit of the Elder Lizard builds on him but I haven't run them yet. If you build Mobos it will hurt me deeply.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not doing anything crazy with him. Q>W>E in most cases. Level 1-3 is pretty hard but he gradually starts to get going further into the game. Swifties are good if you can swing them, otherwise Tabi are still strong. From Ancient Golem you kind of just scope out what you need like any other jungler.

Banshee's Veil is a strong pickup right now that goes well on him, because it can prevent people from stopping you to come in on a grab. Trinity Force is a much better pickup for him now, and becomes pretty core around midgame. Wit's End can be a good grab just because it synergizes well with Triforce and gels with what Skarner wants to be doing now, which is auto-attacking a lot. You have to be more careful about just throwing yourself into the center of the enemy team and there is less value in just diving into the center of them. Outside of Triforce and Wit's I just build situationally tanky. Sunfire isn't as good on him as it used to be. I never like Iceborn on him and honestly I would recommend it even less now. There is probably potential for Spirit of the Elder Lizard builds on him but I haven't run them yet. If you build Mobos it will hurt me deeply.
I've had maybe one game where I even got enough gold for triforce. I had been trying to get tabi shoes, ancient golem, an armor item, and I feel as though the game usually ended or was way behind before I got too many more items than that.

I have not yet tried wits end though, and I was trying for iceborne gauntlet. I feel like wits end + triforce would be an expensive and squishy purchase after tabi and ancient golem, but I will try that if I get a skarner chance again. Thanks!

I was also maxing Q->E->W to get the 50% slow and extra damage from E, but maybe the shield is better.

Newt

I feel like there should be some sort of general suggestions that platinum players could give me, to at least get me out of bronze/low silver again. Like, surely there are just a few major things I can improve, unless I'm truly doing everything wrong?

Exclusively solo queue if that makes a difference.
Okay, from watching your last game, here's some advice I can give.

1. Champions Selection - I'm not sure what pick you had, but make sure you're choosing a champion that can do solid against most matchups if you're an early pick. If you're a late pick make sure you're champion can counter the enemy champion. For example, you chose Katarina that game. Kayle dumpsters pretty much every Melee champion in the game, and their team also had Nautilus, Thresh and Garen and all of these 3 really shut you down in teamfights. Katarina is an example of a bad champ to first pick. Ziggs/Gragas are examples of a good champs to first pick.

2. Itemization - Your items weren't bad, but you should have probably started Doran's Shield instead of Boots vs Kayle. You can absorb a lot of that auto damage.

3. Leading your team. You were super ahead for the first portion of the game. What I would have done if I were you, was ganked bot every 5 minutes, and work towards pushing their turret down. I recall the enemy team bot turret never falling. Farming mid is only gonna get you slightly more ahead, and instead it's better to help the team at that point.

4. Knowing when you can/cannot fight - You're not gonna win a 1v1 vs Kayle when her ult is up, so don't try it.

5. Saving teammates - That Ezreal was trash, but that shouldn't be the thing that stops you from winning. In Silver expect an ADC to know how to auto attack, and that's it. Don't waste time trying to save him, you'll just be screwing yourself.

6. Desperation Barons - Don't do this period. You guys were only 3.5k down, and could've easily won the next teamfight. If their entire team is up, and three of them are mia don't baron. If you yellow ping like quickly, people always listen I find.

7. Give up when you're down - If you have to lose a turret, lose a turret. Don't give them 4kills + turret.

8. Focus the squishes- Most important. The last thing a non-moble ADC like Jinx wants is a fed Katarina killing her. If you can't see the enemy ADC/APC don't join the fight until you can locate them.\

I guess that's the best advice I can give. It's coming from an ADC main though so o_o.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've had maybe one game where I even got enough gold for triforce. I had been trying to get tabi shoes, ancient golem, an armor item, and I feel as though the game usually ended or was way behind before I got too many more items than that.

I have not yet tried wits end though, and I was trying for iceborne gauntlet. I feel like wits end + triforce would be an expensive and squishy purchase after tabi and ancient golem, but I will try that if I get a skarner chance again. Thanks!
Junglers earn lots of gold. If you feel like your income is too low you might not be farming properly. Armor item of choice is usually Randuin's right now. I am not going super tank on him but you don't really need or want that. Skarner doesn't scale with tanky stats, you just need enough to get by. I don't find it very difficult to grab a Triforce on Skarner in most of my games. Once you hit midgame he is actually one of the best jungle duelists in the game. If you're ahead you aren't behind you shouldn't be afraid to start building towards damage, and Phage and Sheen are both too useful on him to be ignored.

1. Champions Selection - I'm not sure what pick you had, but make sure you're choosing a champion that can do solid against most matchups if you're an early pick. If you're a late pick make sure you're champion can counter the enemy champion. For example, you chose Katarina that game. Kayle dumpsters pretty much every Melee champion in the game, and their team also had Nautilus, Thresh and Garen and all of these 3 really shut you down in teamfights. Katarina is an example of a bad champ to first pick. Ziggs/Gragas are examples of a good champs to first pick.

2. Itemization - Your items weren't bad, but you should have probably started Doran's Shield instead of Boots vs Kayle. You can absorb a lot of that auto damage.

3. Leading your team. You were super ahead for the first portion of the game. What I would have done if I were you, was ganked bot every 5 minutes, and work towards pushing their turret down. I recall the enemy team bot turret never falling. Farming mid is only gonna get you slightly more ahead, and instead it's better to help the team at that point.

4. Knowing when you can/cannot fight - You're not gonna win a 1v1 vs Kayle when her ult is up, so don't try it.

5. Saving teammates - That Ezreal was trash, but that shouldn't be the thing that stops you from winning. In Silver expect an ADC to know how to auto attack, and that's it. Don't waste time trying to save him, you'll just be screwing yourself.

6. Desperation Barons - Don't do this period. You guys were only 3.5k down, and could've easily won the next teamfight. If their entire team is up, and three of them are mia don't baron. If you yellow ping like quickly, people always listen I find.

7. Give up when you're down - If you have to lose a turret, lose a turret. Don't give them 4kills + turret.

8. Focus the squishes- Most important. The last thing a non-moble ADC like Jinx wants is a fed Katarina killing her. If you can't see the enemy ADC/APC don't join the fight until you can locate them.\

I guess that's the best advice I can give. It's coming from an ADC main though so o_o.

I gotta remember all of these too. Thanks for the general tips.

Zukuu

Banned
As Jarvan I'm finding myself more and more encouraged to just get Lizard if my team is not doing entirely terrible. Elder Lizard is just so good right now.

Yay or nay?

I should look at your post history but I'm lazy, remind me again the roles you like to play the most?

The easiest way to get out of extremely low elo brackets is probably to jungle. Take a jungler with very strong early game ganks and dueling (Elise, Lee Sin, Pantheon, etc.). Identify the lane that is most vulnerable to ganks - usually just based on the champion they're using, you don't even really have to factor lane behavior into it that much in Bronze.

Now, make their life hell.

I mean, I almost feel like a dick as I'm typing this when I think about the actual reality of it, but I'm just going to say it candidly: camp the fuck out of that lane. Go back there and kill them every time they get up and stagger back to lane, again and again. Is this a good strategy against a good team? No. Is it a fantastic strategy in Bronze? Yes. Why?

Because they're going to rage. They're going to start bickering like bitchy little children with each other. They're going to quit. They're going to hand you the game on a silver platter even though they were quite possibly winning, just because you took a massive dump from on high on one player on their team and turned them into pariah. Everyone in Bronze is so testy and so dejected that you just need to give them a subtle push in the right direction to turn them into a toxic mess of hate that destroys their team from the inside-out.

That said, this is also the least fun way to win games, because constantly winning 5-vs-4's or having the enemy team surrender at 20 isn't exactly the height of entertainment. You'll get your elo, but you may wish you hadn't.

Blizzard

Banned

Thanks for watching so long!

1. You're right. I have a bad habit of picking Katarina after only 2-3 enemy picks because I'm most comfortable with her, and she can do well at low silver against bad players.

2. I actually have tried starting doran's shield in some matchups, at least until they nerf it, and it worked well on Kat. I didn't think to do it against Kayle, good point.

3. Good point. My fear is what happens sometimes -- I lose huge amounts of CS when I gank, since usually the side lanes will either be pushed to the enemy tower, or low HP, or unable to land any CC to gank.

4. Yeah, and that is especially true for Kat since she's like the game of thrones, you win or die in a fight

5. Yeah

6. I did not want to do that baron. I pretty much -never- want to do barons unless the enemy team has 2 inhibs down, and EVEN THEN I don't feel like baron is needed. I usually spam back pings and scream in chat, and even then I doubt anyone usually listens. The same thing actually happened next game, see below. I do try to at least help baron because if I can't convince anyone to do the smart thing and back up, I think I've had games where we lost (or lost baron) because I stayed in a safe spot and didn't contribute any damage towards baron.

7. Yeah, and sometimes it's easy to forget a turret is low HP when you're running back towards it

8. Yeah, I had really bad positioning since I was trying to stay near the team, and didn't get close enough to jump on Jinx behind the tanks

The game after was a win, though sadly I didn't save the scoreboard:
cho1rurj.png

This time I think we were AHEAD, winning teamfights, and level 14 Elise on our team started soloing baron. Not like, our team is near and we have wards, just nope, soloing baron. ADC was buying or bot lane or something.

Predictably, the other team comes in, we all get murdered in bloody fashion as we run away, I think I was 7/1 at that point and gave them a ton of shutdown gold, etc.

Then we respawned, the other team apparently didn't get baron, Elise said "no" when asked not to solo baron, and went back to start soloing baron again. This time everyone was vaguely near it, so we got baron. The enemy leona valiantly charged into baron to try to steal, but for some reason the other team didn't get near so we won after that point (even though we had a garen insist on split pushing after that in some last-ditch attempt to sabotage our success).

Also, this continued my trend -- play one of my best champions, and do poorly. Play Cho mid against Lissandra (I never play Cho, NO ONE ever plays Cho) and do great. Lissandra was complaining in allchat about how Cho was doing so much more damage than her.

zkylon

zkylewd

just had one of the most bloodbath-y arams yet. we were winning pretty hard and then ziggs dc'd so we just won a ton of teamfights 4v5 anyways lol

I kinda want to stick a damage item on aram leona but being unkillable by like 3 people is just too hilarious so I dunno what to do

also dat ez and diana builds lol

I won't say anything about the frozen mallet on malph because he's a lvl 28 friend heh

Kyonashi

Not sure if anyone's playing this 'flavour of the month' iPhone app QuizUp, but I know they're working on a LoL category, as I'm contributing questions to a private shared Google Doc right now.

I played against an Annie who just walked through our turrets all game like she wanted to run to our Nexus.
I thought the guy raged and went feeder but it appears than it wasn't the case...

Sometimes I just don't understand people...

zkylon

zkylewd
from watching lcs and such I'm getting the feel that riot didn't really fix the snowballing issue.

like basically they made it that for like the first 15 minutes or so having a small lead doesn't really change anything, but after that it feels like s3 world finals all over again.

I don't think this is that bad but it gives me the impression games are just being artificially extended

Also, this continued my trend -- play one of my best champions, and do poorly. Play Cho mid against Lissandra (I never play Cho, NO ONE ever plays Cho) and do great. Lissandra was complaining in allchat about how Cho was doing so much more damage than her.
I play Cho!

I don't really agree with your build, but they're not terrible items per sé so it's moreso me nitpicking. Except for the Guardian Angel: if Cho gets caught by himself, he's pretty much done. A revive and a couple seconds of invulnerability isn't going to change that usually since he can't really do anything afterwards (except maybe Flash away), so you're better off buying a resistance item with different utility or just more damage.

Our top laner didn't connect for the first 8 or so levels so it was pretty rough. 4v5 so our jungler had to go top, their Kha had free reign. Me and Leona got kinda wrecked. 0-2 in lane and massively behind in cs.

But our top laner came back and I was able to carry in team fights. Hit some really good arrows, got a few triples and outplayed the shit out of them in fights. Put the team on my back and we were able to win it. Felt awesome man.

Dat Ashe.

tq5RHMi.jpg

Something is wrong with my NA client. It's probably just in the settings of the game but I can't find it. The bass is super loud, almost drowning out the voices. It's not a problem with my PBE/Garena client.

I played against an Annie who just walked through our turrets all game like she wanted to run to our Nexus.
I thought the guy raged and went feeder but it appears than it wasn't the case...

Sometimes I just don't understand people...

Should take that guy's account out behind the barn and take care of business.

heytred

Neo Member
Hey everyone - I'm a "relatively" new player (I just hit level 30 last night) and finally found a Champion and role that I love playing. I started as an ADC (by recommendation of friends - I had never played anything other than Competitive FPS) and recently began to 'main' Kennen Top/Mid.

I feel like that change instantly made a better player and since I bought Kennen I have been trying out multiple approaches. I've run Hybrid builds (focused on evolving towards AD or AP based on my matchup and their build), AD, AP, and even Attack Speed support builds. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for Kennen or maybe suggestions on a streamer or video I can watch to help improve my game even more?

Hey everyone - I'm a "relatively" new player (I just hit level 30 last night) and finally found a Champion and role that I love playing. I started as an ADC (by recommendation of friends - I had never played anything other than Competitive FPS) and recently began to 'main' Kennen Top/Mid.

I feel like that change instantly made a better player and since I bought Kennen I have been trying out multiple approaches. I've run Hybrid builds (focused on evolving towards AD or AP based on my matchup and their build), AD, AP, and even Attack Speed support builds. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for Kennen or maybe suggestions on a streamer or video I can watch to help improve my game even more?

I don't play Kennen, but I know he normally starts with DBlade for auto-attack harass + sustain then rush Zhonya. Hybrid builds aren't in a good spot right now. Even the best champs that go hybrid (Jax, Akali, Kayle) don't build hybrid.

Edwardo

I don't see Kennen get played that often, but when I do see him it's usually an AP build.

Why can I see the range of the enemy Xerath's ult? I feel like it doesn't make sense to show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom