• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't play Kennen, but I know he normally starts with DBlade for auto-attack harass + sustain then rush Zhonya. Hybrid builds aren't in a good spot right now. Even the best champs that go hybrid (Jax, Akali, Kayle) don't build hybrid.

Yep. Dorans blade or double dorans and then rush Zhonyas.

Full AD Ken is totally viable but only as a solo que tower pusher. He's bad in team fights.

I don't always play Kennen, but when I do I first-build Zhonya's Hourglass. #DE

After that you usually decide whether you need to build a bit more tanky or get more AP, according to the needs of your team. If you aren't really sure, you can go middle-of-the-road with items like Liandri's Torment and Rylai's Crystal Scepter. Like most manaless AP champions Kennen responds fairly well to an early Magic Penetration build, but the Zhonya's is usually just too important to do the standard Sorc Shoes -> Haunting Guise path unless a game's really stalling in lane phase.

heytred

Neo Member
I've been running Hybrid Attack Runes with 2 LifeSteal Quints and one AP Quint. I usually buy Doran's Blade first since it allows you some early sustain in lane. Usually if I have an early back I'll stack Doran's with Boots of Speed for the same reason and it gives me a little room to see where they are taking their build. If they aren't attempting any MR I'll go Sorcerer's Shoes > Haunting Guise > Zhonya's. I've also got a Hybrid item build and a AD build very similar to common ADC builds.

Obviously the entire build is based around Zhonya's engages, but most games I've played with him so far I end up playing initiate and carry for team fights for whatever reason. My Final AP build is:

- Sorcerer's Shoes
- Zhonya's
- Liandry's
- Rylai's
- Rabadon's
- Deathfire Grasp

Again, thanks for the discussion. Seems for the most part my mindset has been on the right track (or maybe not =P ).

Musician

How long until Riot nerfs or removes the passive on Thresh's flay? I'm sitting at 9 games won in a row right now. 7 of those with Thresh.

His early game is stupidly strong, especially with dorans start.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How long until Riot nerfs or removes the passive on Thresh's flay? I'm sitting at 9 games won in a row right now. 7 of those with Thresh.

His early game is stupidly strong, especially with dorans start.
They are probably just hoping the Dorans nerf is enough.

Edwardo

t1392580800z1.png

XDG vs Curse
Cloud9 HyperX vs Team Dignitas
Evil Genuises vs Team Coast
Counter Logic Gaming vs Team SoloMid

Following the LCS matches, LMQ will face off against Complexity.Black in a Best of 3. The winner takes 1st place and earns a slot in NA Challenger Series Spring 2. NA Challenger Series Finals Preview

Monkey Business - Wukong's Dive Into the LCS

Then and Now - Team Dignitas

The Long Road of Counter Logic Gaming

LoL and the NBA

Early Retirement - 25 is the new 65

NA LCS Week 5 Preview

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Subtle

We were so behind this game. By around 15 kills, two drags and a lot of cs. Caitlyn was 9-0! Idk what Lee's score was but he was like 4-1. Thankfully their early game oriented comp started to fall off very quickly. Hecarim is such an awesome champion. I just wish his ultimate's cooldown was shorter.

Blizzard

Banned
I play Cho!

I don't really agree with your build, but they're not terrible items per sé so it's moreso me nitpicking. Except for the Guardian Angel: if Cho gets caught by himself, he's pretty much done. A revive and a couple seconds of invulnerability isn't going to change that usually since he can't really do anything afterwards (except maybe Flash away), so you're better off buying a resistance item with different utility or just more damage.
Thanks -- I was focusing on nearly all of my items providing tanky stats because I went Cho due to someone asking for a tank. We ended up with 3 tanks but it worked out. I probably wouldn't normally get rylais on Cho because his spells have long cooldowns (assuming E doesn't proc it), but I wanted HP and figured I might as well get the AP and slow while I was at it.

Guardian's Angel might be a bad thing, but I had enough gold for it, and the way teamfights had been going, we would end up all grouped together doing a good bit of damage and then maybe cleaning up after the initial engage. I figured for that particular game, if I tanked something and got killed, my teammates would probably clean up by the time I revived, potentially giving me a second chance. Banshee's Veil might have been better but I don't remember if there was much enemy AP damage. I don't know if I ever got caught by myself.

Even with the tank items I think I did more damage to champions than anyone else on the team, and I had 6 stacks on Cho most of the time.

Oh and hourglass gives you an enormous golden Cho statue. Who doesn't want that?

I'm thinking Ashe might be pretty good right now. Once you hit the IE threshold she feels really strong at the mo. Shiv gives you another pretty big power spike.

idk. Would like to see her in a competitive game to see how she does. Played her with Leona and with Thresh.

forgrim

I played against an Annie who just walked through our turrets all game like she wanted to run to our Nexus.
I thought the guy raged and went feeder but it appears than it wasn't the case...

Sometimes I just don't understand people...

what in god's name...what elo was this

heytred

Neo Member
Ditch the LS quints. They won't do much for you as the game goes on. Doran's is enough.

Will do! - it's only a part of my 'experimental' hybrid build. I don't use them on my AP Rune page. Thanks =)

Is dfg good on kennen?

Yeah - think so. I feel like it's great for initiating, especially if you have another AP Champ on the team. I will use Kennen's E or Flash (depending) to initiate and generally use it to target the teams biggest threat. Apply Deathfire, then Ult. It can easily melt some Champs almost instantly.

I played against an Annie who just walked through our turrets all game like she wanted to run to our Nexus.
I thought the guy raged and went feeder but it appears than it wasn't the case...

Sometimes I just don't understand people...

Some people really want to see the world burn.

Newt

Most frustrating game I've played in a long time. Like this is the exact reason why I dodge every time I see a Jayce. Thank god this Leona really knew what she was doing. (I expect some sort of rebuttal from Dreams)
WG8iKGN.png

zkylon

zkylewd
What are everyone's bans? For me its Gragas, lee, Elise, kassadin, shyv and teemo.

lee sin, kass, kha6 usually

sometimes vi if the other team bans kass

I don't really get Mundo bans. I'm not scared of Kassadin either.
I'm not particularly scared of kassadin either, but it's a champion that requires a team effort and solo q is really stupid and your lee sin will build all damage and just farm jungle for like 20 minutes or blow a flash and not go back or be too scared to dive, etc.

like your jungler won't ever punish him enough and the moment kass gets a kill your whole team will go on you for not banning him

I wouldn't ever ban mundo tho

I'm still in Silver, people will just whine so I just save headaches.

Plus I don't really want to have to deal with that shit nor do I trust my teammates to do it. It's Season's 4 bronzodia.

Newt

Kassadin takes very little skill to play, and he snowballs easily. You also ban it for your team, because some players never play him and they pick him and feed.

ALN1031

Kassadin takes very little skill to play, and he snowballs easily. You also ban it for your team, because some players never play him and they pick him and feed.

Well, if he takes so little skill to play, how come people who never play him don't just pick him and stomp? You might be contradicting yourself a little here.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, if he takes so little skill to play, how come people who never play him don't just pick him and stomp? You might be contradicting yourself a little here.
Some people may not realize what "easy to play" means for bad players. For bad silver or bronze players like myself, you can pick Kassadin and get crushed or do poorly because you don't know what you're doing.

I'd be entertained to be able to carry games with Kassadin, but I'm not sure it's ever happened, so I must be missing the easy button. :p

Newt

I'm not contradicting myself. You need to at least know the champion's general play to do well with them. If someone randomly picks a champion they've never played before, they're not going to do well. Like sure you're not going to do well with Kass by just randomly picking him. But if you have a good amount of games on him, it's very easy to do well. Even if you have 50 games on someone like Ori or Draven, it's probably a lot more difficult to do well.

heytred

Neo Member
My main bans right now are Evelynn, Yasuo, and Renekton.

Evelynn because at such a low level I can never get my team to invest in Pink Wards - they just won't do it. Yasuo because even though I don't feel like he's incredibly difficult, my teammates always, always, always seem to feed him. Lastly, Renekton because well... he's just a good Top Lane Champ (where I'm playing).

forgrim

My main bans right now are Evelynn, Yasuo, and Renekton.

Evelynn because at such a low level I can never get my team to invest in Pink Wards - they just won't do it. Yasuo because even though I don't feel like he's incredibly difficult, my teammates always, always, always seem to feed him. Lastly, Renekton because well... he's just a good Top Lane Champ (where I'm playing).

i thought you mained kennen? you should have somewhat of an upper hand in the lane against a renekton (i main renekton). most kennens max w and zone me out, making my life hell. if i gap close, you can just e away and now i just pushed the lane up and exposed myself to a gank. i literally live in a bush like garen if i'm against a kennen, so gd annoying.

heytred

Neo Member
i thought you mained kennen? you should have somewhat of an upper hand in the lane against a renekton (i main renekton). most kennens max w and zone me out, making my life hell. if i gap close, you can just e away and now i just pushed the lane up and exposed myself to a gank. i literally live in a bush like garen if i'm against a kennen, so gd annoying.

I do, but I'm also a relatively new player - I've done well against Renekton, but I just hate how godly he can get, so I avoid him. It's not someone I ban if everyone else is requesting something, but he's a dick.

Evelynn - I don't want to deal with her unless I'm jungling, which means I'll just counterjungle her over and over. People rarely counterjungle at my Elo, even though it's super easy to kill Eve at Red, then camp wraith bush, then wolf camp.

Kassadin - Also to avoid teammates picking him just because he's a usual ban

The rest... whatever. Counterbans, Leona, Jinx, Annie, Renekton, etc

Nekofrog

Banned
If I'm blue? I force the other team to ban Kassadin before I resort to wasting a ban on it.

It also depends on where I'm going; if I want to go top then I WANT the enemy team to pick up an "OP" champ (Renekton, Nasus, Mundo, Shyvana) so I can dumpster them with Quinn. If I'm not going top then a lot of my bans are focused toplane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom