• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally had a game (ranked even) where I started to get the hang of Kha'zix. I tried flat AD instead of movespeed, though I love my movespeed. :/

khaqtuq0.png

I think I was 6/0/1 at the start but we fell into the midgame trap of one-inhib down, now we can't push against Annie + Wukong + Viktor super defense combo. And it's difficult to coordinate quick lane changes. We won in the end though.

Snowman

I love how in these threads when someone posts a pic of their game results people nitpick builds like a motherfucker, you even missed the weirdest part of that pic - the annie build. Also ashe having furor boots of swiftness before last whisper and building into what looks like a bortk. Did we miss anything? ;)

Edit: Voli with flash/barrier is weird as hell also!

Blizzard

Banned
I love how in these threads when someone posts a pic of their game results people nitpick builds like a motherfucker, you even missed the weirdest part of that pic - the annie build. Also ashe having furor boots of swiftness before last whisper and building into what looks like a bortk. Did we miss anything? ;)

Edit: Voli with flash/barrier is weird as hell also!
Barrier at least made sense to me for Volibear top. Heal barrier is the ultimate troll tower dive bait combo, but flash barrier could also work. I warned Renekton about it at the start of the game since I've died not noticing people have barrier before.

So I tried to play Dota... it was fun but the game looks really ugly compared to league. Especially the champions.
My current policy is if I get invited to DOTA 2 I only play if I can play a pretty lady. Basically I only play Lina.

Snowman

Barrier at least made sense to me for Volibear top. Heal barrier is the ultimate troll tower dive bait combo, but flash barrier could also work. I warned Renekton about it at the start of the game since I've died not noticing people have barrier before.

It makes sense in a weird cheesey "i hope they don't see my summoner spells" kind of a way maybe, but a different summoner would probably be way more useful on average, especially lategame.

Blizzard

Banned
It makes sense in a weird cheesey "i hope they don't see my summoner spells" kind of a way maybe, but a different summoner would probably be way more useful on average, especially lategame.
In case you haven't noticed by now, I'm like ultra low silver/bronze, so weird and cheesy is the order of the day. :D

Kenai

So I tried to play Dota... it was fun but the game looks really ugly compared to league. Especially the champions.

I don't really think they are ugly so much as generic, barring a few exceptions of course (and some of those exceptions are very ugly, yes).

zkylon

zkylewd
I think I'm gonna trim down my mid roster then

gonna just do ori, syndra, leblanc and lizzy. I kind of want to get gragas too but I'm 0-4 on him so well, results (even if I have a pretty good kda on him). I kind of want to get more nidalee games on too since I think she's fun as all fuck.

edit: it's kind of a strong roster for me since they're all relatively safe laners I can play pretty well and I know how to build pretty well too. there's some variety with leblanc and lizzy for assassins, being able to run tp on lizzy for counterganks bot, those two and syn for picks and ori and syndra for crazy poke and teamfighting. I'd really like to know how to zed but he's too hard for me tbh. I may try him on my smurf through the week just to get more comfortable with his combos and shit

thoughts?

my duo buddy landed so far ahead of me that I really gotta crunch up the games to catch him. and like if I manage to get to where he is relatively soon I'm totally gonna shoot for diamond this season. I feel my mechanics and game knowledge shit are pretty up there compared to what they were a year or so ago even though I'm not having the best moment just right now.

getting to d5 would make me pretty darned happy

My current policy is if I get invited to DOTA 2 I only play if I can play a pretty lady. Basically I only play Lina.
lina's not even that pretty

like she looks so awkard like she's propelled by her own farts or something

I like doto akali and doto diana and windrunner

and doto blitz

I don't think it looks ugly, but to me it looks really muddy and like I can't tell shit. like nothing really pops from the background or anything

Is Ashe's strongest in the bottom lane?
yea, she's very rarely played anywhere else.

brian!

this ama with xdg management is hard
cuz I hate the way the guy writes but also appreciate his patience and his willingness to endure a storm of bullshit

I know Reddit is 98% against Hexakill but I find this mode hilariously fun. It's non-stop action. All the time

Played 4 games today and each had 50+ kills on both sides, one had 70+.

Good shit

I hate laning phase

Blizzard

Banned
I know Reddit is 98% against Hexakill but I find this mode hilariously fun. It's non-stop action. All the time

Played 4 games today and each had 50+ kills on both sides, one had 70+.

Good shit

I hate laning phase
I was trying to figure out if they changed anything that would make the action more non-stop. It's interesting because I guess purely adding a second top laner makes more action happen? Or do people tend to add a second jungler so there's more chance of someone being near any given spot for a fight?

zkylon

zkylewd
I imagine something like a three man gank squad and three solo laners might be pretty fun

something like ali, lee sin, thresh roaming all day wrecking fools

the mode is alright, reddit just complains about everything

I was trying to figure out if they changed anything that would make the action more non-stop. It's interesting because I guess purely adding a second top laner makes more action happen? Or do people tend to add a second jungler so there's more chance of someone being near any given spot for a fight?

So I was discussing this with some friends on vent. One brought up that it's just a clusterfuck right now because it's so new (like a major patch change (S2, S3, S4). A reddit post said something like, "we have the meta so hardcoded in us we just don't know what do do with a 6th person"

I don't know, but I like it. Every game is a jungle invade that lasts 2 minutes. And it doesn't stop there.

It's a shame I'm the minority in liking this mode. The extreme minority.

zkylon

zkylewd
C9 Meteos' Ego ‏@c9meteosego Feb 18
yeah zuna is like buu, you think you got rid of him but the fucker keeps coming back in different forms like what's this guy's power level

Duncan Shields ‏@Thooorin Feb 18
@c9meteosego Over 9 throwsand.

C9 Meteos' Ego ‏@c9meteosego Feb 18
yeah @Thooorin I don't know if you ever grilled zuna but you just burned the fuck out of him

lol

Ferga

So i just had a thresh take two kills from one of my ganks, calls me and the adc "shit fucks" because he could right click faster

He then stands in base at the 5minute mark of the game and types up abuse for 15minutes until we surrender.

What.

Sad thing was that we were vsing a leona/sona bot lane because the sona was also trolling. This game is just so shit sometimes.

Such an odd commentary to me. It's like playing Borderlands and saying Battlefield is ugly. One is certainly more colorful and cartoony than the other where the other has a more modern and conservative look, but certainly neither is particularly ugly. Both have some eyesores, but Dota has nothing that says "eyesore" like the current iterations of Taric or Mord. Their VUs can't come fast enough.

BTW if anyone wants to join me next weekend in trying this..

http://trial.strife.com/
Can't say I have the slightest of interest playing a game from a studio where its founder is a known bigot. Example #1 and #2 after two minutes on Google, with more likely waiting to be found.

I know Reddit is 98% against Hexakill but I find this mode hilariously fun. It's non-stop action. All the time.
No one should give a shit what Reddit thinks anyways. Bunch of assclowns.

Snowman

i don't like playing her that much right now. just every once in a while.

I remember before her update when you used to talk about playing her all the time, i've not really touched her since then. Lost some of her charm after everyone was playing her for a few weeks.

How could you not with heroes like this?

il7u6bm.png

Damn, that got a laugh.

Bought Lulu last night 'cos sales. Played her in my first Hexakill, no jungler, 2/2/2. Decided to support the mid Ziggs. Started off pretty well but the Katarina we were against in mid lane was annoyingly good, and Lee Sin ganks hurt a lot. I probably shouldn't have bothered trying to build Lulu for basic attack damage (Nashor's Tooth) but whatever, it was fun. I maxed Whimsy though so there was CC everywhere. Won the game but died so many times. Ziggs was like 'honour Lulu' after though so that was nice. :3

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I remember before her update when you used to talk about playing her all the time, i've not really touched her since then. Lost some of her charm after everyone was playing her for a few weeks.
She's not popular and I'm not really tired of playing her, I just don't think the jungle is very accommodating of control junglers in the current meta.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
[Last night's late-night GAF game, with the aforementioned dimb baron steal. Mostly a highlight reel with some funny stuff (including Newt's WOMP WOMP death) and my hook into Zed's shadow so perfectly timed.
i was worried the dumb "i am the best" gloating after the smite would be in the video. phew.

garath

I finally had a game (ranked even) where I started to get the hang of Kha'zix. I tried flat AD instead of movespeed, though I love my movespeed. :/

khaqtuq0.png

I think I was 6/0/1 at the start but we fell into the midgame trap of one-inhib down, now we can't push against Annie + Wukong + Viktor super defense combo. And it's difficult to coordinate quick lane changes. We won in the end though.

Good job :) that's more of a khazix carry. Last whisper though. Get that after hydra for a power spike. I buy BC last if the game gets that far.

You would have been a lot more scary with a LW against their team.

Ocho

I completely disagree. Of course, it's all about personal preference (or you were playing in low settings).

League's heroes are pretty barebones default humanoid except the occasional ugly beasts (Cho'Gath, etc) or the Yordles. Dota2's heroes are all unique, completely apart from others, some are intentionally ugly and fearsome, others are epic and beautiful (dire vs radiant).

And let's not talk about the map, it's in another level completely. How when you're loading and the birds are chirping? Best.

However, this discussion has happened before and will happen again. I still play more LoL over Dota2 (because it's more popular), however there are times I wish Dota2 would have a bigger audience because that game has a more cohesive art direction (and the client is good).

I completely disagree. Of course, it's all about personal preference (or you were playing in low settings).

League's heroes are pretty barebones default humanoid except the occasional ugly beasts (Cho'Gath, etc) or the Yordles. Dota2's heroes are all unique, completely apart from others, some are intentionally ugly and fearsome, others are epic and beautiful (dire vs radiant).

And let's not talk about the map, it's in another level completely. How when you're loading and the birds are chirping? Best.

However, this discussion has happened before and will happen again. I still play more LoL over Dota2 (because it's more popular), however there are times I wish Dota2 would have a bigger audience because that game has a more cohesive art direction (and the client is good).

I don't like how most of the heroes look. There's hardly any visual consistency at all. Just my preference.

Tizoc

Ugh today has been the WORST LOL day ever. Barely any wins...

I'm geting the hang of tyndamere but when things get chaotic I forget what abilities I have and don't have =V

I don't like how most of the heroes look. There's hardly any visual consistency at all. Just my preference.

in LoL? yes! they have so many early champs that are just "lets do whatever" and horrible looking. They got better but nowhere near the DOTA2 levels. If they could do it all over again i bet they would do a much better job.

garath

Ok. Back to ranked tonight - minus any server issues. 4 games into my placements. I definitely won't finish all 6 but I can probably knock off 4 more.

Since everyone is on the fast track to gold and higher, I need to get back into it myself :)

Ocho

Yeah, it's all about preference. I would say it has more consistency that LoL, for example. The world of Dota2 has a world filled with a lot of types of creatures, and that may be what you say is inconsistent, but in art design (style guidelines) they are pretty equal. Not like in LoL were some champions seem to be made of 100 polys.

The problem of dota2 is that it's not made of anime waifus, so some people might not like that.

bgbball31

Didn't feed in lane for once, sweet! Well, I did, but I got 7 kills in the process (7/4 out of lane.) Boo. And our top ("Diamond") damage WW fed their Wukong. And their jungler Kha got early kills on myself and bot. And gap closers vs. a team with no tanks and all our damage on Panth and myself (Ziggs) = dead damage, very quickly. Lost anyways.

DeadNames

Banned
A lot of those strife characters look quite similar to Leagues.

I don't like Dota's art design in general. Yeah it's more unified, but the way the characters are designed just isn't my cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom