• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

t1393005600z1.png

Fnatic vs Copenhagen Wolves
Gambit Gaming vs Supa Hot Crew
Roccat vs SK Gaming
Millenium vs Alliance

Fighting Back - Creaton

Week 6 Power Rankings

Frenemies - Sjokz intervies Candypanda and Nyph

Fnatic's Losing Streak Continues

The Midseason Report - EU LCS

EU LCS Week 6 Preview

How to Watch
Twitch
YouTube
Azubu

Remember to check out the LCS Season 4 thread for discussion. Let's try to keep this thread spoiler free.

Lost my first two placement matches. Both times our team started off strong. First match I was Taric and we were doing pretty well with a Lee Sin jungler that went 7/0 early on. We started throwing in mid game though when he kept going too deep and our Galio not doing very well.

Second game I picked Shyvana into, I thought, Nasus, but it ended up being Renekton (nasus jungle). They had Trist/Riven as their bot, and our Cait got a double kill early and a few more kills before mid game, but eventually they started getting kills. We just didn't have any vision and late game couldn't do anything.

Burt

I tried reading through the power rankings article, but the format and formatting are unbearably bad.

We need a patch that changes things up. These team comps are a snoozefest.

Einbroch

Banned
Lulu top lane in the LCS? Oh god I can see it now, people trying it in matchmaking and repeatedly failing.

I run it all the time, except I build it like Teemo. AP with some attack speed. People were surprised by the damage...but I'm afraid that's all going to change.

brian!

dorans blade tristana is pretty fun
Code:
[IMG]http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7286/imnr.png[/IMG]

guyz my first after game post

drawkcaB

She's not popular and I'm not really tired of playing her, I just don't think the jungle is very accommodating of control junglers in the current meta.

And in particular Sejuani. Played a recent streak of games with her and I was shocked at how poorly she sustained in the jungle even with the sightstone changes. Going into the jungle to clear 3 or so camps will chop my health down a third until I get a 3rd point in W, unless I go nuts and use QWE to clear, which just swaps bad health sustain for bad mana sustain. I still get paired with pretty bad players, to be fair, which definitely compounds the issue as the ganks didn't generally go well.

By contrast, once Nautilus hits level 2 on his W, I can clear with ease, even before picking up a Sightstone. Amumu sustains well with sightstone, which I can almost always pick up before blue buff is gone. Even in my one game as Rammus he sustained well provided I put 3 points into W before maxing Puncturing Taunt (which didn't hurt his ganks as badly as I thought it would). Only control jungler I tried how had Sej's issues was Maokai.

I dunno. The meta not favoring control junglers is true, but I feel like several of them are just under tuned and wouldn't be competitive even in favorable metas.

So sadly I've had to shelf Sejuani until further jungle changes or the quality of my teammates improves. I thought it might be me being horrible in the S4 jungle since I played almost only support since early December, but I put in 5 Volibear games, went 4-1, and did excellent in each game. It's frustrating. I still like playing Sejuani and my own play was actually solid, but I'm not getting any positive results and I'm not able to make an impact early on. Depending on my teammates to win their own lanes doesn't seem to go well at all.

garath

And in particular Sejuani. Played a recent streak of games with her and I was shocked at how poorly she sustained in the jungle even with the sightstone changes. Going into the jungle to clear 3 or so camps will chop my health down a third until I get a 3rd point in W, unless I go nuts and use QWE to clear, which just swaps bad health sustain for bad mana sustain. I still get paired with pretty bad players, to be fair, which definitely compounds the issue as the ganks didn't generally go well.

By contrast, once Nautilus hits level 2 on his W, I can clear with ease, even before picking up a Sightstone. Amumu sustains well with sightstone, which I can almost always pick up before blue buff is gone. Even in my one game as Rammus he sustained well provided I put 3 points into W before maxing Puncturing Taunt (which didn't hurt his ganks as badly as I thought it would). Only control jungler I tried how had Sej's issues was Maokai.

I dunno. The meta not favoring control junglers is true, but I feel like several of them are just under tuned and wouldn't be competitive even in favorable metas.

So sadly I've had to shelf Sejuani until further jungle changes or the quality of my teammates improves. I thought it might be me being horrible in the S4 jungle since I played almost only support since early December, but I put in 5 Volibear games, went 4-1, and did excellent in each game. It's frustrating. I still like playing Sejuani and my own play was actually solid, but I'm not getting any positive results and I'm not able to make an impact early on. Depending on my teammates to win their own lanes doesn't seem to go well at all.

Nautilus is probably the best tanky/cc jungler in the current jungle. New spiritstone gave him a nice boost.

I still don't like that playstyle as much. Aggressive ganking/carry junglers for me pls.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You really like Sightstone on your junglers. I wouldn't build it on anyone that isn't like Lee Sin. I think Nautilus is the worst off of all the control junglers because his damage output is so abysmal. The changes to Spirit Stone and the items it builds into being more accommodating of AOE could change things for Sejuani's clear, but yeah, it's rough.

drawkcaB

garath said:
Aggressive ganking/carry junglers for me pls.

I'm getting there too. The people I play are too terrible for me to assume they can use the advantages I provide to good use to snowball their lane. More often than not I'll hand someone a few kills and they then proceed to act like an even bigger idiot.

You really like Sightstone on your junglers. I wouldn't build it on anyone that isn't like Lee Sin. I think Nautilus is the worst off of all the control junglers because his damage output is so abysmal. The changes to Spirit Stone and the items it builds into being more accommodating of AOE could change things for Sejuani's clear, but yeah, it's rough.

I'm at idiot. I meant spiritstone. In the interest of humility (and mostly laziness) I won't be editing my post.

Nautilus's damage early on is fine, it just goes away by the mid-game and he itemizes damage terribly. There's so much Riot could do to help that - change Titan's Wrath from on-hit damage to spell damage like Cho's Vorpal Spikes so he can build Liandry's, make so that the damage duration from Titan's Wrath exceeds the shield duration by 0/0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0 seconds, etc. This is a great example of what frustrates me in regards to Riot lately - I'm much more annoyed by the dozens of champions who need some small buffs than I am the few OP champions who need nerfs.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Everyone in my game DCed due to the server issues with the exception of a Zed on our team. He's currently pushing all lanes, loooool

Blizzard

Banned
Yay, server getting DDOS'd again.
Has there been any evidence or claims of it being a DDOS all week, and if so, what? I would think at least some group would claim responsibility, truthfully or not. I would also expect them to try to do it at times where they would annoy players or make Riot look bad, instead of really late on weeknights U.S. time.

It seems really strange to me.

Einbroch

Banned
Has there been any evidence or claims of it being a DDOS all week, and if so, what? I would think at least some group would claim responsibility, truthfully or not. I would also expect them to try to do it at times where they would annoy players or make Riot look bad, instead of really late on weeknights U.S. time.

All week? No, but Riot has confirmed that earlier this week those issues were from a DDOS.

Riot admitted it AFAIK

I think DERP claimed responsibility.

DeadNames

Banned
Thanks, I didn't hear that. Did they say why they were doing it again? Last I heard they were just attacking whatever game a certain streamer was playing.

Apparently they're the people behind it.

They doing it because "Riot should treat their players better". Pretty backwards logic huh?

Derp trolling insists that Riot treat their playerbase better so they DDoS and force the people who are actually trying to play off the game.

Burt

Managed to get a Twitch jungle game in that worked alright. Did decent, but didn't really get a chance to see how it would scale late game because we ended up beat them pretty bad. Considering that you have to give up an optimal damage item for Elder Lizard when you run him, I might ditch stretching for a standard ADC build and attempt something weirder/more team oriented like throwing on a Mallet, Cleaver, or even something obviously stupid like a Wit's End depending on my team's comp. They'd all be pretty shit for his expunge stacks, but it might be interesting to see a tankier Twitch that could survive long enough to apply a slow/poison/burn/resist reduction to the entire enemy team in a team fight.

Runaan's though? Naw mayne.

heytred

Neo Member
Got forced into ADC my first game today (Normals) and decided to run Kennen... matched with Thresh support versus Ashe/Syndra and I was 17/1/1 at the 20 minute mark. Surprisingly they never surrendered and I finished 35/6/7, my highest kill count of any game thus far... it's was an... interesting experience.

Kenai

Got forced into ADC my first game today (Normals) and decided to run Kennen... matched with Thresh support versus Ashe/Syndra and I was 17/1/1 at the 20 minute mark. Surprisingly they never surrendered and I finished 35/6/7, my highest kill count of any game thus far... it's was an... interesting experience.

I get pushed into ADC a lot too and it's one of my better roles now. But if you fall behind as a ADC and they start picking on you to where you can't farm properly it's just the worst, most miserable time.

brian!

no im not hai as I have officially said in this thread
locodoco drew some members of c9
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgnTMC3CEAAsek4.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bgnbyj-CIAA1kip.png[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgnY-6HCUAA540U.png[/IMG]

pls recall his drawings of tsm and clg
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BSzc9q0.jpg[/IMG]

also richard lewis is the fucking worst

Status