• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
total newbie here but what are say like 5 must have heroes? (generally good, or really fun to play with) i like playing ranged (currently using Vayne a lot). I've been looking at veigar, but i dont know if its any good.

Look, we can list all the champs that are considered good to broken right now for each role, but it's not going to help you learn the game.

Just do what I did: play the free rotation champs and find one for each role you really like. Buy them with IP. Play them constantly. Read several guides for them. Learn every little detail of their kit.

Get really, really good with that pool. Then branch out. You'll find your champs (for me it was Kog'maw ADC, Soraka support, Renekton top, Xerath AP mid, and Cho'gath jungle).

Now I play every champ in the game and can play whatever my team needs.

Fair enough. I guess you could say that for any tank that gets behind though. Poor choice in wording for me.
He can still initiate, peel, control objectives and duel OK, but he doesn't have a say, 2 second AoE stun to buttfuck an entire team at once that support tanks have.

His damage becomes ehhh though.

Edwardo

He can still initiate, peel, control objectives and duel OK, but he doesn't have a say, 2 second AoE stun to buttfuck an entire team at once that support tanks have.

His damage becomes ehhh though.

True. I guess in lower levels of Solo Queue it's just that he wont have the impact of a support tank like you said, just because he requires a bit more to pull of some of his combos. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, just less likely.

NEW SALE!

Champion and skin sale: 10.08 - 10.11

2013.10.08.articlebanner.champskinsaleawe53.jpg

Give your champions a new look with these skins, on sale for a limited time:

Sandscourge Skarner 487 RP
Bioforge Darius 487 RP
Giant Enemy Crabgot 260 RP

Add these champions to your roster, on sale for a limited time:

Shyvana 487 RP
Galio 440 RP
Sona 395 RP

Kureransu

Hey guys, its been a couple weeks since I asked what i could do to be better, and i took the feedback and applied it to my game play. Just posting again as a follow up to make sure my numbers are looking about where they should be for my division. I will say since you guys helped out i finally moved to out of bronze V, and slowing fighting my way to bronze 3 now. here's a link to match history.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25332560#history

LCGeek

formerly sane
This game mode has grown accepted and beloved much faster than when ARAM was new. It's totally going to be more official, at least in custom games.

Should've been added to the game sooner. Now just add big ass monsters in the lane and we can call it a day.

garath

True. I guess in lower levels of Solo Queue it's just that he wont have the impact of a support tank like you said, just because he requires a bit more to pull of some of his combos. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, just less likely.

NEW SALE!

Champion and skin sale: 10.08 - 10.11

2013.10.08.articlebanner.champskinsaleawe53.jpg

Give your champions a new look with these skins, on sale for a limited time:

Sandscourge Skarner 487 RP
Bioforge Darius 487 RP
Giant Enemy Crabgot 260 RP

Add these champions to your roster, on sale for a limited time:

Shyvana 487 RP
Galio 440 RP
Sona 395 RP

I really want a Darius skin but I don't really like the bioforge one that much. I kind of like Woad over all of them.

Hey guys, its been a couple weeks since I asked what i could do to be better, and i took the feedback and applied it to my game play. Just posting again as a follow up to make sure my numbers are looking about where they should be for my division. I will say since you guys helped out i finally moved to out of bronze V, and slowing fighting my way to bronze 3 now. here's a link to match history.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25332560#history

Looking good! Great progress.

Ever think about Athene's over Morellonomicon? It's a little less ability power but the MR and additional mana regen can be very valuable.

Kureransu

Ever think about Athene's over Morellonomicon? It's a little less ability power but the MR and additional mana regen can be very valuable.

I use the morellonomicon. It's pretty much an essential item for liss along with zhonya's Thanks for the head's up on the athene's. If i'm against an high ap ratio mid i tend to go MR first, but i always went scepter. I think this may be a little more beneficial.

EDIT: I misread. I think the added MR and Regen makes up for the 15 AP. I will try that out next actually.

Bioforge is really ugly IMO.

If you want a Darius skin, Dunkmaster shouldn't take long.

EDIT - And yeah, Morellonomicon is the bee's knees on Lissandra. The mana regen on Athenes is wasted on her and if you need the MR get Abyssal, so it's pretty meh on her because she has no use for the Chalice. Morellonomicon is also way, way cheaper and is built out of a GP10 so it's a lot easier to grab it, plus the Grievous Wounds passive is always welcome.

bcl0328

0HFVTua.jpg

Riot matchmaking can FUCK OFF. This keeps fucking happening.

ya know, rank really doesn't mean shit. you could be diamond I and you're in bronze if you win every game but dodge all your promos. you could also get carried to plat I but if you suck and start to lose a lot then your MMR will be silver tier. it's really all about MMR and not what rank you are.

Techies

Every-time I play that new Prime World Moba on Steam I keep thinking how much more aesthetically pleasing the map in LoL could of been.

My main complained about LoL is the quality of the map. We get awesome introduction screens and skins, but that map...

Curse now has three teams.

Curse:

Solo Lane: Voyboy
Solo Lane: Pobelter
Jungle: IWillDominate
ADC: Aphromoo
Support: Zekent

http://www.teamcurse.net/divisions/league-of-legends/team-curse

Team LoLPro:

Top: CruzerTheBruzer
Jungle: Trickz
Mid: Nyjacky
ADC: Cop
Support: ???

http://www.teamcurse.net/divisions/league-of-legends/25910-team-lolpro

Curse Academy:

Top: Rhux
Jungle: OneBadBrad
Mid: Only Jaximus
ADC: fabbbyyy
Support: TSTsatsulow

http://www.teamcurse.net/divisions/league-of-legends/curse-academy

SaintVicious will be coaching Curse and Cop will be sub.

Edit: woops, see Kayos already got it.

Boken

Banned
Every-time I play that new Prime World Moba on Steam I keep thinking how much more aesthetically pleasing the map in LoL could of been.

My main complained about LoL is the quality of the map. We get awesome introduction screens and skins, but that map...
It'll get better. I feel like the prime world map is kinda high detail low design though.

Curse:

Team LoLPro:

Curse Academy:

Voyboy+zekent=nicest team NA. Now if they had kept nyjacky :(

Some pictures from Worlds!
Did you ask morello to stop nerfing Irelia?

The dragon trainer lulu is cute

My friend sitting next to me asked really loudly who the idiot who nerfed Diana into the ground was. He was a cool fellow and talked to us quite a bit during the games.

Edwardo

Curse:

Team LoLPro:

Curse Academy:

Yay OneBadBrad! He's an old clanmate of mine from rainbow six 3 back on the old xbox.

Boken

Banned
i dunno, the viewpoint from a coach is very different compared to a player

perhaps he'd be less aggressive as a coach because he feels like losses hurt him less.

plus, he can use that jungla knowledge to help everyone

garath

Curse:

Team LoLPro:

Curse Academy:

They like snapped up a ton of good solo queue talent. Crazy. So nuts that the main team got so chopped up. Awesome to see aphro back on a competitive team though! Now if only he can win. On paper looks like a solid, extremely aggressive team.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
i dunno, the viewpoint from a coach is very different compared to a player

perhaps he'd be less aggressive as a coach because he feels like losses hurt him less.

plus, he can use that jungla knowledge to help everyone

More like he'll be angry and aggressive when his team doesn't listen to him all the time and submit to his authority. Giving power to people like saint is a terrible idea imo.

Boken

Banned
More like he'll be angry and aggressive when his team doesn't listen to him all the time and submit to his authority. Giving power to people like saint is a terrible idea imo.

difference is that he cant do that while they're playing during a tournament game.
so thats a good start.

Mothman91

Very nice read I found on reddit about how Riot should try to do their World Championship next year.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1nxfhz/idea_for_world_championship_format/

First of all I think All Star is great tournament and it provides a lot of fun for the viewers, however I don't like prize that All Star is played for now. What I think All Star should be played for is seeding rights into world's. Instead of giving winner of All Star additional team on the world's, and taking quarterfinals away from losers just give them better/worse seeding. With this last placed region on All Star would lose their top seed in group stage of World Championship, while winner would make their way into quarterfinals easier. There's further explanation of this in group section.

Future qualification for the World Championship

Qualification stays same only number of team increases:

Korea - 3 teams

China - 3 teams

NA - 3 teams

EU - 3 teams

SEA/Taiwan - 2 teams

Wildcard tournament winner - 1 team

Lucky loser tournament winner - 1 team

Before people jump conclusions this is very subjective way of seeing things. Only reason I gave 2 teams to SEA/Taiwan is cause I think beside TPA/TPS and Singapore Sentinels there aren't teams there who have fan base or quality to compete on world stage. As I said this is very subjective and it can be changed.

Wildcard tournament - For me this is one of the best moves Riot has made. For granted these teams are mostly amateurs and huge underdogs coming into world's but that's what makes them interesting. This tournament helps Riot expand eSports to regions where eSports scene is still young or not existing. In future I would really like to see Japan team and maybe even African alongside Australian, Brazilian, Turkish and Latin American team. Although I hope this time there's real CIS team.

Lucky loser tournament - This is something completely new I thought about. This would be last international tournament held before World Championship starts. On this tournament teams who barely didn't qualify for World's Championship from their own region would battle for last remaining spot on World Championship. This tournament could have double bracket system with seeding done from All Stars as well or teams divided into 2 groups with system like on IPL 5. For example teams on this tournament for this year would be: KT Rolster B, Invictus Gaming, Dignitas, Evil Genious, Tapei Snipers, Singapore Sentinels and paiN Gaming.

Format of World Championship itself

16 teams will get to play on World Championship divided into 4 groups with 4 teams in each group.

Group stage each team will play other teams in their group 2 times. In case of same score, H2H score between 2 teams is taken in consideration, if teams went 1-1 tiebreaker is played to decide their final position in the group.

Fantasy group stage draw
Group A Group B Group C Group D
Najin Royal Klub Gamania Bears C9
OMG SS Ozone SK T1 Fnatic
Gambit TSM LemonDogs Mineski
GamingGear.eu N/A Vulcun N/A

Now to explain reasoning for this draw:

I took seeding from this years All Star in consideration when I made this draw. Korea who was All Star winner got #1 seed on whole tournament, other 3 regions who didn't came last (sorry Europe) got seeded as group leaders and there for they got chance for easier opponents as they wont have to play another group leader. When making this draw I tried to make it so there is no teams from same region in same group.

This makes total of 48 matches in group stage.

N/A stands for not available as on this World Championship there is 14 teams and this system is for 16 teams.

Playoffs

After group stage draw is made. On draw there are 2 seeds, teams who ended 1st in group can only play against teams who finished 2nd in their group. Additionally teams from same group can not face each other in quarterfinals.

Playoffs are single elimination, there is no loser bracket - reason for this is that I feel single elimination is much more exciting to watch and nerve wrecking for fans. Intensity of matches is higher and everything is on line every match. People may argue that the best teams might get knocked out earlier, but if they're really better or the best they should not get knocked out at 1st place.

Quarterfinals are all bo5 with 5th match being blindpick with side decided with coin toss - reason for this is I feel that blindpick is whole other level of excitement for viewers. Also it gives chance for teams to play their best champs/comps without opponent banning them out. Blind pick is kind of what penalties are in Football.

Semifinals are bo5 as well with blind pick 5th game if it gets to it.

Third place match is played between losers of semifinals.

Grand final is bo5 with blind pick 5th game if it gets to it.

Blizzard

Banned
Things I didn't know about this patch: I never play Renekton, and in a couple of ARAMs or whatever it was driving me nuts how his ult wouldn't work until I pressed it 4 times or so.

Today I tried pressing R, turning off smartcast for R, pressing R again with smartcast off, pressing alt-R, and manually clicking the button. None of those worked.

So as far as I can tell, unless I had some weird glitch based on my previous keyboard config, Renekton R only works if you hold the mouse over Renekton as you press R. :|

Ferga

Things I didn't know about this patch: I never play Renekton, and in a couple of ARAMs or whatever it was driving me nuts how his ult wouldn't work until I pressed it 4 times or so.

Today I tried pressing R, turning off smartcast for R, pressing R again with smartcast off, pressing alt-R, and manually clicking the button. None of those worked.

So as far as I can tell, unless I had some weird glitch based on my previous keyboard config, Renekton R only works if you hold the mouse over Renekton as you press R. :|

Only you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom